Review of DHgate

DHgate reviews

8F Building A, U-CENTER, No.28 Chengfu Road, Haidian District,
Beijing, Beijing 100083, China
customer-support@DHgate.com
Shop now for big savings on wholesale products.
Buy Now

courtneyl
7/3/12

I ordered grey bridesmaid dresses for my wedding from this site. I loved the picture of them that I saw and I was sure to tell the seller whom I bought from that I wanted grey like in the picture. When I finally got the dresses, they were not grey at all but a soft purple, even the lining of the dresses was clearly purple. I tried to work with the seller to be able to return the dresses but they refused so I took it to the dhgate site to help with the problem. They did not help me either. I provided pictures for both of them of what the purple dresses looked like. They said the evidence wasn't enough. Now I am out $500 and have terrible dresses that are going to ruin my wedding. Very disappointed with this site and DO NOT suggest buying from here whatsoever!!!

vv8
5/15/12

DHgate.com

They are really a RIPOFF site. except if you have a luck.
their statements, sounds, and look are trusting business. It is seem like pro-business. in reality, they are a con-trade-business. Most products sell on this site are fakes, no specifications, copy or imitates, and/or illegal products.

They do have Resolution Center. However, they may resolve the problems for you if they know you are backing up with your credit/ financial company, in which you can dispute the charges within the timing manner. (they timing and play-around you)..They always look to find any gap to slap on your wallet. In all, they just want to draw money from you. The problem is yourself. Base on my experiences with DHgate.com. best advise is, STAY AWAY DHGATE.COM . Ortherwise, your own risk.

jonathanw6
5/12/12

I bought a $70 item from them and it never arrived. After contacting them, they stated a process for re-reimbursement, I followed their procedure, and then they sent me an email saying they closed the request for refund because I did not keep in contact with them.
Do not buy from them. No grantee shipment from China will get to you, and the refund process is flawed.

caroles4
5/1/12

I had a horrible experience on this website. I am sure it depends on the seller that you are buying from I want to warn you NOT to buy from "amneh325". I did an instant message conversation with him and told him that I was ordering a prom dress for my daugher. I gave him the date that we needed it. He said that this would be no problem. "Please don't worry" he said. He was such a liar. I asked him to try to think of this as his daughter ordering a dress for her prom. Obviously he doesn't have a daughter or doesn't care about his daughter. He certainly did not care about providing good customer service. He wanted our money. PLEASE DO NOT order from "amneh325" I would like to post this to any website that I can, so no one else gets ripped off!!!!!!!

eliek
4/9/12

It all looks and feels smooth and shiny, with big words like "buyer protection".
But unfortunately, there is no such thing.
I bought cell phone watches from dhgate for 193$, and all i got instead were, cheap mp3 players that are not worth more than 20$. When I asked for a refund, dhgate backed the seller, although i gave them all the evidence they needed to see that the seller misinformed me and was trying to make a fast buck.
It looks that they are in this together.
If you are smart, you won't buy anything from dhgate...EVER.

flawl1
3/25/12

I recently ordered 3 wigs from Dhgate name of the supplier is (xcsunny) Sunny & Candy I think they are Couple/Married/Friends etc... Just guessing

The 1st time I ordered a wig from them I was impressed without fitting the wig, I see how beautiful, soft, and the color is lovely. But when I tried to fit the wig I don't understand the wig is smaller than my head, then when I cut the lace and fit it again the cap is really small. So I emailed the supplier (xcsunny) I told them that my wig cap is smaller than my head and they replied to me and said ("There is a stretchable on nape area") I thought "WTF I don't need this !@#$%^&* stretchable belt for god sake, I asked them if I can send back the wig so they can fix it for me and they said I cannot return the wig after I cut the lace ... So...I cant do anything except sell my wig to a friend and she likes it...

Second time I ordered 3 wigs from the Supplier again (xcsunny) Sunny & Candy, I gave them head measurements before I order the wig, and add two-tone color of wig, wig clip, to prevent the wig from falling and send it to UPS (not fedex) So it took about 1 month for my wigs to arrive. When I first to look at the wig its very beautiful, soft and lovely like the first time I ordered, then when I fit the wig still smaller than my head, the cap is small, even I already give them my custom head measurement and they still can't make it the right size. They also didn't add two-tone color of the head, wig clip is not attached already, they just put the wig clip without putting it on the wig and sent it to me so I will have to sew it in myself!!! How rude is that? I payed the exact amount of the wigs, shipping & taxes and I expected that the product I ordered would arrive. I can't do anything with the wigs as they are too small so I think I have to sell it again like the first wig I ordered. I am so disappointed with these scam artists and I wish nobody else will attempt to do business with them. I emailed them and asked them why they sent me a small cap instead of using my custom head measurements like I sent to them before I ordered and he replied ("I will just give you 30USD to fix the wig in your country") These two idiots obviously do not care about their customers and will just send you whatever product they think is similar to what you ordered.

Girls out there beware of this idiotic Chinese supplier which is trying to get your money, Don't trust them with your wigs if you don't want to be scammed like me... Shame on this Supplier, Very bad service...

ricki2
3/10/12

I got the product as promised in 5 days - Bought 2 tablets and they were really inexpensive for a reason. Piece of junk - Now I hope I can get my $300+ dollars back from them. Do Not Waste your time, If you do use a credit card and you will have a leg to stand on - Maybe????? Rick

pamalac
3/4/12

Alright i am a dhgate buyer i don't even know how many times i've bought from dhgate, i usually Purchase FALSE EYELASHES ive bought MAC eyelashes and another wholesale Eyelashes. I've Purchase Beads im Buying a Dress of Dhgate, i've read tons and tons of review these aren't fake reviews cause i have done many reviews myself this is a bite risky but if the seller has been selling goods for so many years and Her/his transactions are good then i don't mind taking that risk. And talk to your sellers about your products. They Refund if the seller doesn't contact you try to contact the people working on DHGATE. i have order about 100 pairs of lashes it just happens that the seller was no longer on the site, i contacted the dhgate people and they gave me an Option to refund it or to chose another product and they will transfer the money over,i chose the option of getting a different seller and they transferred the money over and i did get some lashes so becarefull, Message your sellers ask them about the products. I've tried to buy halloween mask before i've paid and couple days later the lady who was selling them said they were out of stock and she would just refund me the money and i was totally fine with it. Talk to your Sellers let them know which item you want. Check their Transactions reviews check how long they been selling. And you can't potentially say that these products are just replicas, CHINA is U.S HUGEST product producers. Most Products from House Ware to Indoor Outdoor has came from CHINA. I mean Common Lads and Gent's. HALF of the products we BUY for our house indoors and outdoors and sports came from CHINA even the MOST NAME BRANDS Products come with a tag that says Made in China. It wouldn't be such a shockers.

ainai
2/19/12

I just bought 2 tablet pc from dhgate and I AM REALLY SATISFIED. the package came via DHL and was carefully wrapped with bubble plastics and all. the seller is quite a nice man too. he advised me that they were out of stock and i was given the option to cancel the order, otherwise, i need to wait for another 3 days. I chose to wait, it came 14 days from the day I paid. will definitely buy from them again, they removed my fear of buying from online sellers ^_^

nata143
2/14/12

I have ordered a few times form DH Gate and my experience has always been positive. You are ordering form China so don't expect the quality of the original item, especially if you pay a fraction of the price for the real thing. I have never ordered electronics and never will, only shoes, dresses and bathing suits. There are a few things that you have to keep in mind in order to avoid any issues. Like, make sure the seller has 100% positive feedback, even if the seller has 99% positive feedback I don't use them. Also, make sure they have at least 200 transactions so they are credible. This combined with good feedback should cover you. I've always pay using PayPal and my credit card because that way your payment is secured and if there any issues you can dispute the charge and your credit card will back you up.

sumans1
2/12/12

I have dealt with Dhgate many times and i have got positive and negative experience from he sellers out there. The sellers don't care about the quality of item and just want to sell them. I did have really bad experience when i bought apple earphones and most of them turned out to be already broken, not working, fake and etc etc. Contacting them doesn't do much help as it is buyer's responsibility to sort out the returns delivery cost. But there are few who does give a s**t about their business and I always try to hunt those with higher ratings and sales.

Here is my few tips if you deal with Dhgate:

01. Always look for seller with high ratings (Above 98%)
02. Try to avoid buying electronics items (They arrive already broken)
03. Don't go for Cheapest option as most of the times it turns out to be scam.
04. Always communicate with seller before purchase.
05. Check if there is delivery charges for your country.
06. Ask them and make sure the item is fit for purpose.
07. Don't ever purchase fake copy of branded items such as Sony, Apple, Burberry etc.

jeffm11
12/20/11

I have used dhgate a few times. It is similar to ebay but the items you are buying are knock offs I guess you could say but the price you pay for the things on dhgate its kinda worth it. I have bought a few watches from them and some other items and I have never been ripped off on dhgate before. They have an escrow service so you do not have to release the money to the seller until you receive what you ordered and are satisfied with it. Dhgate is good 5 stars

db23
11/4/11

got part from spidsafeshop. Yeah right. At least they replaced the faulty part with another faulty part. Both times I was assured they had been tested. I sent them the second part back for a refund. Now they say they haven't gotten the part back which I sent over a month ago. I'm not getting the warm fuzzy either. I don't think the site intentionally scams you. But they don't control the sellers and there is no way to easily file a dispute since they release the monies so quickly. Save the time and suffering and buy from someone in the USA.

harryh4
11/3/11

I have used this website to purchase several sets of golf clubs. Keep in mind that DHGATE is only a BtoB com. and does not sell you anything. They have many sellers on their website that sell products. I have only purchased golf clubs so can obly relate my experiences with them. I have had mostly good, however have had very bad as well. You have to understand that first of all these are NOT the REAL thing, they are fake clubs and you can not resell them in the USA. Secound be very careful to ask the seller a lot of questions. They post pictures of BRAND NAME clubs on their web-page which are misleading. Be sure to check their % of favorable comments from previous buyers and how many they have sold. Stay clear of anything less than 99%. If you get a poor quality club they will ask you to pay to send it back---This will cost you MORE than you have paid for the club!!!! DHGATE doesn't help you either. Use PAYPAL for your own protection. BE VERY CAREFUL! if you decide to buy. I have found the irons and putters to be ok. Dirvers and woods stay away from.

yec
10/20/11

Hi everyone.

Had anyone of you have deal with one of DH gate's seller named 'Scofield' ?
If you do so, kindly let me know this seller's products and servcices.

Many Thanks !!!

kayg3
10/2/11

I thought I was buying an IPAD 2 for cheap, when I got this weird looking imittation that doesn't even have a usb jack..... battery last 1 hr off the charger and heats up like an oven.. it's one awful bootleg + they told me to pay extra $72 for FEDEX 5 day delivery and they took 2 1/2 weks through CHINAPOST....customer service is as crappy and dishonest as can be - the sellers' name is ANGLE 88...look out for them ,,,just lost alot of money with them...looking for more ways to ensure no one uses them .

jenniferp11
9/30/11

I ordered my wedding dress on Aug 20th, was given a confirmation and told it would take 25-28 days to make then shipped. I received an email on September 19th that my dress was shipped and my tracking number would be available to track in a few days. I waited over 5 and finally it worked, and was relieved. Until today I saw my package was delivered and signed by a name I did not know. I was in tears since my wedding is now 3 weeks away. After much research I found out I needed to call the USPS, about my order where they confirmed the name, address of my tracking number and none of which matched my information at all. When I reported to Dhgate that my tracking number was invalid they basically told me I was screwed, and that my tracking number was valid and I received my dress. I have written many emails to them about this matter but only received one response back telling me to please trust them, and that due to their national holiday they will not be working again until Oct. 7th. I just wish I had done the research before hand, some things just really are too good to be true and now my destination wedding, jewelry, everything will not be the same because I have no dress, and ability to purchase another one in time for it.

katet5
9/28/11

I was not only screwed over by Bill007, but freakin' DHGate! I bought a wedding dress and because of them, I am out $145. I have every e-mail, date, time, name, and postmark as proof!...My story:

I ordered a wedding dress on July 20th from Bill007. His site claimed it would take 10-15 days to make and then 3-5 days to ship. August 18 came around and I never got my order so I contacted the seller. He said (in his exact words with incorrect spelling and all): "we don't find your informaiton in our database." What the hell?!?!?! I gave him exact measurements and now you don't have my order??? This is a month and a half before the wedding. I don't have time to screw around. I went and bought me a dress at David's Bridal...
When I told DHGate about it, they were not helpful at all. They are some of the most unintelligent people I have ever talked with! I honestly thought they were joking about some of the remarks they were making. Again, I have proof of their stupidity. All they care about is money...so filed a Paypal dispute which later escalated to a claim.
On September 2nd I received a package in the mail. I had been ordering wedding stuff like crazy so I signed...IT WAS THE $#*!ING DRESS! They claimed they never had my order, but how did they send the dress? Someone was lying. The funny thing is, it was postmarked the day AFTER I complained to the seller.
I'm a college student and can't afford to throw money around on TWO dresses...the claim was now decided and I lost. I am NOT happyI am letting everyone know what crooks DHGate are!

melissam9
9/25/11

I have used this site three times. Great experience. They products were good except for one bad phone out of ten. Overall no problems yet.

joed17
8/16/11

Like Aliexpress, Alibaba, and the others... If you are a custom to dealing with China, you know how things work and what to expect and what not to expect. I have read a lot of the reviews and I can only assume most really do not have any import export experience.

I actually buy a lot of things off the site and aliexpress and sell them on ebay and amazon.

If you buy 1 or 2 items at a time, then yes you will get banged out in price (with free shipping) or banged out in shipping costs.

And if you are so concerned with getting ripped off... Aliexpress offers a FREE protection service. USE IT!!

This site is great for those who know what to expect when dealing with companies over seas.

jackol
8/4/11

Finally, somewhere i can express my true opinion about my experience on Dhgate.
-when i first started, i was really skeptical on the products i saw on several websites and their prices. I also felt the same.. so I decided to start small and bought my first pair of electronics. it came in 2 weeks or so from China, I sold it for 200% - 300% markup.. and from there on it was left and right purchasing and selling for profit. There have definitely some tough days in my own marketplace but the prices were low enough where i could end up still making a good profit after reducing price against competion.

Thanks to Dhgate, i have 3 employees who work part-time and have made me very succesful being young as i am. Meanwhile my advice for novice's will be DO YOUR RESEARCH of the MARKET before you commit to buying anything and then check your seller's out thoroughly and you can always rely on DHGATE's Escrow/Trouble Shooting team.

paulom1
7/16/11

Many frauds with fictitious sellers and products!!

robing3
7/11/11

I think this website is a scam. Often if it looks to good to be true, it is. I ordered a wedding dress from them, and never recieved it. I was sent a faulty tracking number..and finally was told the shipping company lost the dress. I truly believe there never was a dress. Please take my advice and avoid dhgate.com and other sites like it.

sarahm16
7/11/11

Despite all the negative feedback this is a good sit for bargins BUT you have 2 be a smart shopper , if you are smart about it then you can make huge profits from buying and selling some of the stuff on this site

My ways of making money from this site:
1. How much feedback do they have and how good is it ?
ALWAYS see if they have lots of feedback if they do then that means they have lots of business (i ususally won't buy unless they have less then 250 feedback and atleast 97% good )
2. Its always good to actually look at their feedback BECAUSE you never know if they have gotten thei friends to buy stuff off them and leave them good feedback so the better the feedback is good , the more feedback the better and the more variety of people is good ..
hope this helps

lincolnb
7/1/11

of course all the things on this websites are fakes. but who can afford soccer cleats these days anyway. my friend bought some nike total 90 wc elite soccer cleats for 60 bucks and it took him a year to finally break them. the quality was pretty good for fakes and the service was fast and the shipping was free. to see some of his cleats go to youtube and search shoesbootssko

Helpful answer

Only if you don't care if you ever receive it. Only if you don't care if you ever get your money back if it's not "as described" or the wrong size, color, fabric, etc.

By Kathryn H. on 3/12/16
Helpful answer

Yes. Even when they send you the wrong product, dhgate finds for the seller, not the buy. Stuff sent isn't what is advertised. So many unhappy customers, that's why I posted my review. Will never buy from them again. Ever

By Jacqui W. on 1/16/16
Helpful answer

I would have to say shipping varied depending upon which of their companies i ordered from. I have waited anywhere from two weeks to a month or so. Although that's the answer to ur question and u haven't asked this I'm going to mention it anyway: if u want to lose money, put it in the market or the slots at a casino. At least you'll have a slight chance of getting something for your money. If you insist on purchasing from this company's affiliates, you 'will' be having your money stolen from you and there will be nothing u will be able to do about it. You may be fortunate enough to once or twice get the product you ordered. I did. But eventually they will send you garbage for your money. They owe me quite a bit. And I'll never see it because they are from outside this country. There are others telling u the same thing here; heed the warning

By Cat W. on 9/17/16
Helpful answer

Hi Aaditya! Thank you for your interest on our site! Yes, our site is a great online shopping site you can shop in. We do have a lot of sellers that has successful transactions here. For product details, special features, price quotations, availability and shipping details, we recommend that you contact the seller directly. To make sure that your order is made to your specifications. When you find the product you're interested in, you can contact the seller through "MESSAGE" tab under the seller's name. To go to the seller's store, click on the name of the seller at the upper right side of the item page under the Seller's Information Section or click on the seller's name below the item description. We appreciate your trust in DHgate.com, and we will do our best to give you the utmost service you deserve. If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to contact us through the following link: http://www.dhgate.com/contact/contactUs.do?from=nav_menu&ntalker=1 or send an email to customer-support@dhgate.com . Samantha DHgate

By Joy Y. [DHgate Rep] on 8/24/16
Helpful answer

I got 64 x 256gb flash drives. They were all bad. Boycott DHgates, Aliexpress, Alibaba and Amazonprom. They are all Chinese and they are all bad news. Don't believe me? Read more reviews.

By Sandy K. on 11/16/15
Helpful answer

If you like scams then this is the site for you

By To f. on 4/9/16
Helpful answer

Do not trust DHGate. It is a scam organization. They sent me the wrong merchandise. I had to send them "proof", and then I would have had to pay for the return postage. At that point I called it quits, and will never deal with these guys again.

By Norman G. on 2/29/16
Helpful answer

If you can see their website, TURN THE POWER OFF. They have cost me US$660.20 on an order THAT WAS NEVER SENT IN THE FIRST PLACE. They admitted the tracking number invalid, they told me that if the seller didn't supply a valid tracking number with in two days they will refund my money. THAT WAS TWO WEEKS AGO and now they will not even answer my emails. stay as far away from them as you can. Stick with eBay they are perfect in every way. three times now there were items I didn't receive, eBay refunded me immediately. you can't get better than that.

By Peter K. on 10/10/15
Helpful answer

Hi Danine. DH Gates is an umbrella company. If you want samples they will probably put you in touch with who ever is actually selling the product. I refuse to deal with DH and will continue until DH becomes a responsible for those under there umbrella. Actually I was lucky, I got my money back. Stay away from them for your own good.

By Sandy K. on 6/24/15
Helpful answer

Stay away from these crooks. They are Chinese (no wonder they get a bad rap) and will take your money and maybe give you something else. DHGate is Chinese also so they will protect their own AND WILL NOT HELP YOU regardless of what they claim--talk is cheap. Not like they don't steal enough from use anyway.

By Robert R. on 4/26/15
Questions? Get answers from the DHgate staff and other customers.

139 Photos for DHgate