US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

margaretk46
6/11/16

I have used comgateway for a number of years and have always found them to be reliable, helpful and reasonably priced. All my parcels have arrived in good condition and very well packed. No complaints from me!

pollyc6
6/7/16

Their improved website doesn't sync with their service provided. I had 6 packages which includes 3 sets of circular knitting needles, 6 skeins of very light weight yarn, 4 Christmas ornament holders and 8 Christmas ornaments of 3' diameter. They charged me for 9.5kg. They didn't state the volume but only the chargeable weight, so I paid without rechecking further. Not until I receive a tracking information from them that on DHL airway bill, the total weight indicated is 9lbs, NOT 9.5 kg.

I contacted their Customer Service, they said comGateway charged me for the volume (which was never shown on the dashboard) instead of the total weight. And that I need to send email to request for repacking (such a non-user-friendly service, can they have this option appeared on the dashboard when I check-out?). Stressed that their costs are charged in the same way as DHL. They just offered to waive my repacking fee for my next order - which will never happen as I will not use their service anymore.

Totally disappointed and so not trustworthy, while my orders are already at their warehouse, there's no way I could judge if their charges are reasonable, can only pay what they are charging.

peterc126
5/9/16

I have been using comGateway for perhaps 5 years now and am always amazed at how fast, efficient, and economical they are. I regularly purchase from US suppliers, such as Ralph Lauren, who do not ship outside of the US and so I need a reputable and trustworthy Shipping Agent ( like comGateway) to use as the middle man to get my goods delivered to Australia. It usually only takes one to two days for comGateway to repack and ship my goods once they have arrived in Portland and once shipped (with DHL) I can have the goods in Australia within 3 days - this is remarkable. I highly recommend comGateway and have always found their service to be of the highest calibre.

Tip for consumers: The perfect Shipping solution

susanj82
4/20/16

I found comGateway to be unreliable with poor customer service. After doing some research, I found a great company called Shipville. I would highly recommend their service.

gabt3
4/20/16

On the front, Comgateway looks good with decent shipping rates. I have shipped with them several times and there were no issues with them until i had some shipments from Amazon. Comgateway blocked the account and claimed that the packages have been returned to Amazon.

I contacted Amazon a week later on the returned packages and to my surprise, they informed me the packages were indeed returned BUT Comgateway actually contacted Amazon and got them to refund the purchase costs to their account instead (in the form of GIFT CARDS).

Despicable actions by the company. Read through the reviews and you will find some with similar experience

Updated on 23rd April: Comgateway tries to act innocent in this case. I agree when there is no problem, the company is pretty good however these incidents (couple of others, You know it CGW) shows how despicable the company is. Contacting Amazon to refund the return to their account since they are in actual fact the recipient and not us. BEWARE OF CGW SCAM.

Tip for consumers: They are a scam

fredp43
4/9/16

Goods arrived on the latest date set, which I was fine with, as it wasn't 'late'. Online cost calculator incredibly underestimates. It gave me a price of around £20, which increased to over £100. They also simply sent it to another company, who are also trying to charge me more on top of this. If you want something delivered where money is no problem, this service is fine.
(Update): recently charged an additional £50 by a random company that comgateway sent the package too. I researched any addictional costs on their website and could not find this. I would have preferred to use an expensive service who told you the total cost upfront.

rippedo17
4/7/16

Received my US$100 vinyl record damaged by ink marks. Have sent them photos and requested for insurance claim, but they have pushed the responsibility to the seller instead. (Seller showed me photo of item in pristine condition before mailing and has 100% positive reviews on the selling site).

In a nutshell: ITEM IS DAMAGED. ITEM IS INSURED (charged by Comgateway). But they won't let you claim it. Rip off.

Sorry Comgateway. No longer trust you guys.

sl306
3/29/16

Dec 2015: My sister's order was delivered to my account mistakenly, and I wrote to CGW asking them to re-reroute it to my brother's account (for consolidation with other purchases). I gave them the exact details, and they said they would get it done.

March 2016: The package was still not received at my brother's account. I wrote to CGW asking them what the heck was going on. They write back saying that I had instructed them to discard the package and it was discarded in Jan 2016. --> EXCUSE ME??? WHO ON EARTH ASKS FOR THEIR PURCHASES TO BE DISCARDED.

ABSOLUTE NEGLIGENCE.

They were apologetic. FINE. BUT. Up till now I am still fighting a battle for a full refund of the USD43, which translated to SGD 62.75 at the time of purchase. And they CANNOT even get that sorted out. Lousy excuses like they can't transfer the money to me, or credit it to my card because the purchase was made with the merchant and not through them. They can only use paypal, which charges an admin fee per transaction. Why should we be penalised for their error?

SERIOUSLY. What kind of stupidity do we need to deal with as customers?

comgatewayg
3/28/16

As the title describes, I ordered a keyboard from amazon. Comgateway said they did not receive the shipment when the merchant said that the product has already been shipped. Was billied for the keyboard that I did not even receive. Extremely disappointed.

For whoever is out there reading and deciding whether to use comgateway. 100% dont. Here's why,

1. The shipping takes forever (no its not fast, whoever said that must be smoking some weed. In my case I didnt even get my keyboard, which was $700 gone.)
2. The shipping fee will most definitely turn out to be a bomb.
3. Even if you eventually do get your package, you would have had to hussle and send multiple emails

Way better off spending abit more on your local store for a peace of mind.

katieb54
3/12/16

I was worried about being scammed but thought 'why not?' and used them for a $50 order of makeup from ColourPop, a company that doesn't ship to the UK.

I was amazed at their efficiency and customer service.

As soon as the parcel arrived at their warehouse my account was updated. I logged in and paid only $20 to have the small package shipped from Portland to the Isle of Man (UK).

I was sent an email with tracking info and it only took 1 week to deliver. (with FedEX)

I had some questions along the way, all of which were answered through their great customer service team.

Great company, 10/10 would recommend to anyone.

gowrig
2/24/16

Used comGateway recently to buy from newegg. I did try one of the reviewers advise and was able to find a free express upgrade! Apart from this, requested a photo of the actual item they received on my behalf aside from the scanned invoice available on my comgateway account. Really happy with the service they provided even though all communications I had with them is thru email.

lucyc25
2/19/16

Used comGateway rto shop pairs of shoes since they are not available in the UK. Everything went smoothly until some unexpected costs shows up. e.i. the duty and VAT were higher than expected. Anyway, I was really happy with the service which I would rate them top-notch.

roberts374
2/16/16

Wanted to ship my item as soon as possible as one of the items are waiting for receipt verification. I logged in to the chat, and after verifying my identity, Julia helped me out with my concerns and answered all my questions. Though the items were shipped the following day (and didn't go as planned), I still admire the service level she provided.

margareth62
2/14/16

They do as to what their site says. Add up the great customer service Justin has provided.

julias55
2/12/16

Billy is very friendly and helpful, aside from that my shipment arrived complete and well packaged.

hectord10
2/9/16

Started using comGateway like 2-3 weeks ago and made my first shipment last week. Since it's my first time shipping items through this kind of service (normally, I ask a relative who happens to be in US to buy stuff for me), I felt the need to get in touch with comGateway and provide me the step-by-step process of how the shipping works - though they have this How it works page, just need a more detailed info, well honestly I'm quite scared since the item I shipped is no joke.

Tina, the one behind the keyboard, was very helpful and even gave me a discount code, not just to keep me at ease but to thank me for using their services.

I just wish that any other company provides the same service experience as comGateway did.

Tip for consumers: I think comGateway is giving out discount codes for new users. I happen to receive one myself, will keep it until the my next shipment. :)

georgey17
2/8/16

I decided to post a feedback after seeing so many negative which i don't understand. A customer purchased product from my website for $3550 and used stolen credit card. We ended up shipping the order to comgateway address as customer provided. To make matter short; after PayPal notified us of a charge back due to unauthorized credit card use. I called Rebecca at gateway and left message. She returned my call very fast, located the expensive packages and assured me to hold the product for me until this matter is resolved with No storage fee. As soon as I spelled the name of purchaser, she immediately told me this name is on the fraud list and all items shipped to this name are being held until they are claimed by original shippers or CC owners. I guess they have their own security methods of recognizing unauthorized purchases utilizing their service as hopshop so for your fraudsters, better stay away... I am extremely thankful to gateway. very honest people. Keep up the good work.

allyk5
2/3/16

I ordered from Amazon last Wednesday(Jan 27) - comGateway received my package the following day. Paid comGateway the shipment cost and all by Friday noon. Surprisingly, I received my package just now!

I'm genuinely stunned at the ease and efficiency of their service, definitely recommend them to all.

ks129
1/29/16

I ordered through ComGateway to ship Colourpop Cosmetics to the UK due to no shipping service to the UK being provided by Colourpop as of yet. I ordered through their 'buy for me' service in which i entered my order and URLs of the products i wanted purchased and ComGateway buys the products for you if you do not have a US debit/credit card. There is a small fee for thid depending on the price of your order but i believe it is 10% of the order price. (I was £6)

After your order is placed ComGateway send you an email confirmation of your order and then send you another email to notify you when the order has arrived at their warehouse in the US and is ready to forward to your UK address. You do not get charged for the forward shipping until the order has reached the US warehouse as they need to weigh the item to determine the shipping price. That is one of the only downsides as you cannot really estimate what your shipping price will be if you do not know your items weight. However, i had quite a large order and my shipping cost around £22 altogether.

I had a voucher code for a free upgrade to express shipping when i paid for my shipping, so i would definitely recommend looking for a voucher code or choosing express delivery as my order came in 3 days! ComGateway provide a very detailed tracking system to tell you exactly where your package is at different times of the day and which is updated very regularly.

Overall i would highly recommend to anyone looking for a package forwarding service from the USA to Uk.

Tip for consumers: Look for voucher codes before paying for shipping as i got a free upgrade to express shipping (3-5 days).

hazwanf
11/4/15

Use their buyforme service and then have to cancel my order due to some issues after 14 days still no refund when i asked where is my refund they says already transfer one day after cancellation so i asked for proof but they can't provide it after 14 days keep on telling me the same thing that they can't provide the transaction detail to me. Is it really hard to provide transaction detail to one customer who already bank in the money to you COMGATEWAY if you there please answer my question

kl354
10/9/15

In terms of reliability of packages arriving I really cannot say anything bad about this company. There are no hidden costs also, whatever amount they give will be the one charged to you. So it is not a scam company with regards to those aspects.

But I have encountered several issues with them recently and it has made me start considering using another forwarding company.

First, they over declared the value of my package. Even if I use a gift card to get a discount for my package, they would still include the value of the discount. It is just so disappointing because customs in my country is a killer! Most of the time I have to pay customs a huge amount just to claim my packages. It even reaches the amount that comgateway has charged me for the shipping service. So imagine the overhead I have to pay just to get my orders. I just feel it is so unfair that they will over declare my package because I am the one that is suffering.

Second, I do not agree with them including the shipping cost together with the value of my items. Customs will charge me an arm and a leg to tax my shipping value? It just does not make any sense and it is such a burden to me.

Third, my recent package had a damaged item that was liquid so it also affected another item in the package. When I was asking for a damage claim, they were only offering to pay for the item value which did not sit well with me. It was a heavy liquid item that was put in a big box so I paid a lot for the shipping of this box. It took so much hemming and hawing before they would offer to compensate a fair amount of the shipping cost.

I really appreciate having a service which allows me to order items I would want overseas but I wish they did not make it so stressful for customers. I hate having to stressfully debate with their customer service just to get fair treatment from them.

melikaw
9/24/15

i signed up, but had problems reading their site, so i asked them to call me to explain, and they did..good service there. will use their shipping service soon.

rishabhg1
9/23/15

Beware they are big scammer, they received my product and i paid for shipping,after two days they closed my account without any reason, saying the product will be returned to merchant where it came from. No return tracking no email response they are big scammer go for any other reshipping site any any but not comgateway big liars scammers.

lucyc16
8/27/15

I bought 4 pairs of shoes in narrow fittings as these are not available in the UK. I was happy with the service which was very good and they answered queries quickly and efficiently. No problems. The only issue is that there were some unexpected costs which meant I would use it less in future. Eg. the duty and VAT were higher than expected and I had to pay my bank some foreign transaction costs. Eg. I bought 4 pairs of shoes (2 in UK size 13 and 2 in UK size 7). The shoes cost $293.04, the shopping service was $29.30, shipping $107.18, foreign transaction fee £8.25, VAT, duty and Fedex advancement fee £74.84. I hadn't realised how much VAT, duty and advancement fee I would be paying so would be less likely to use the service again or would buy less in future.

bobd79
8/17/15

Accidentally entered a higher price for my shopping, and the good folks returned me the extra. Brownie points for honesty there. I would never have noticed.

Just thought i should get it out there.

Would use them again

17 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the comGateway staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 weeks ago
Add your answer
7/8/16
Answer
comgatewayt
A: A. Hi Peter,

Welcome to comGateway!

An iPhone package weighs about 1.50 kg and it will only cost around US$ 32.00 to ship it to Australia. For a more detailed quotation, please contact us at customerservice@comgateway.com. We look forward to serving you!
7/12/16