Review of comGateway

Tel: 503-914-6317
customerservice@comgateway.com

sofiac28
7/20/17

Do not, I repeat DO NOT use this company. I used two of their services to ship clothes to Mexico - BuyForMe and later shipping to my home address, and while everything seemed to be going well, once the shipment was out of the US and I had an estimated delivery date, everything went wrong. For whatever reason, the shipment was routed from the US to Singapore and then to Mexico, and was then delayed for TWO MONTHS - I contacted comGateWay customer service several times, and never ever received a satisfactory explanation or solution. Once my shipment was finally released from customs and on its way to me, the DHL Mexico courier handed me a bill for 141 USD (in Mexican pesos) and told me I had to pay handling, customs and custody charges for my clothes in order for them to be delivered, or they would be lost. I contacted comGateway a week ago about this, and they have been utterly unresponsive. WORST service - truly, spare yourselves.

bradc53
7/14/17

Beware - this company engages Volumetric weight charges, I was charged $400 to send a 9kg guitar (Volumetric charge 38kg), and before some Comgateway Rep. rattles on about limited aircraft space etc. Lety em say this. As a former major account executive of an international carrier - any major freight forwarder such as Comgateway normally gets "cubic exempt clause" in their rates deal with the major carriers/airlines. If they haven't got this place, I would find this very strange. Look at similar businesses to Comgateway there is some that openly advertise they never charge you based on volume - they are the ones to use. I even got charged volume on shipping record LP's and these are quite dense. Comgateway's actual service is good but due to the volumetric pricing they are not competitive. Look elsewhere, especially for large or bulky items.

hiokt
6/1/17

Amazon.com shows my order was delivered to comGateway at Portand on May 3, 2017, but it never show up on comGateway's webpage. My multiple emails to comGateway went unanswered. I have used this forwarder many times in the past years, but I don't see how I can be stupid enough to use them when they keep silent like this.

lunac3
5/12/17

If you ship only 1kg parcel, congradulations! You will be harged by the volume as much as they can. I pay for 5kg.
If you want to return or redo everything, no way! They hold your product in warehouse.
They only way to get out of it is to pay what they ask plus insurance and make sure when next time you try to use a new service or deal with a company you never did, GOOGLE IT!!! There are so many terrible experience about this compay.

rogerp42
3/1/17

the best service ever, love it so much,great service which is working very hard to delivery your package

sunilb8
2/22/17

Comgateway Just fooling there Member by showing very less fee in this industry. They just receive our product and ask you to submit money for shipment,and then game begin of Live chat and email. No Shipment gonna be send to you. Live chat advisor operate from Philippines and Owner is in Singapore... Owner friend is there in Portland.

I just been got $#*!ed up of 500usd product and 141 usd shipment charge..
Last verdict never try Cheaper one in this shipment industry...

youyum
2/3/17

i received the wrong item, this has never happen before and its obvious that they did not check the item before shipping it, this is the last time i am using comgateway

keithe23
12/21/16

I am in Australia. I bought a set of golf clubs and a push buggy from an American supplier. Total cost of these was 230 USD. To save money (or so I thought) I then forwarded these packages to Comgateway for shipping to Australia. Now I have used this company in the past and was satisfied with their performance. NOT THIS TIME!!!!! Together both packages weighed a total of 11 kg = approx $65 USD. Ah Ah not so fast!!!! Channelling "The Sopranos" the total weight was miraculously recalculated at 28 kg volumetric weight. WTF!!!!!!!! Total shipping costs now ballooned to a staggering 278 USD!! WAAAAHHHHHH!!!! Luckily I was able to cancel this ripoff transaction & had the packages shipped back to the original merchant. In short this company is a disgrace & should be shutdown. As a postscript I was able to buy the golfset from ebay USA & total shipping cost was 23USD. Thanks for listening folks.

alexu31
11/11/16

Edit: Was contacted by Neil over the phone, and provided with a great resolution as well as credit. We agreed that this would be re-forwarded to a different address, as well as being given a complimentary hold on my account. I consider this matter now resolved, and would like to thank Neil for his time and effort :)

I emailed ComGateway asking if a battery case would be able to be sent out. I received a reply stating 'Yes' this item CAN be shipped out, as long as they repack it in a type of packaging.

After the shipment arrived at my address, I received another email stating that it had been re-packaged into the proper shipping box, and was preparing for shipment.

I then received an email stating that my shipment was now CANCELLED due to the battery not being allowed. This is UNACCEPTABLE, as I specifically asked them BEFORE shipment if the battery was allowed. They mentioned that YES, it WAS ALLOWED to be shipped.

Now they are wanting to charge me $4 to return it. This is UNACCEPTABLE, and I request a full refund for the cost of purchasing it.

margaretk46
6/11/16

I have used comgateway for a number of years and have always found them to be reliable, helpful and reasonably priced. All my parcels have arrived in good condition and very well packed. No complaints from me!

pollyc6
6/7/16

Their improved website doesn't sync with their service provided. I had 6 packages which includes 3 sets of circular knitting needles, 6 skeins of very light weight yarn, 4 Christmas ornament holders and 8 Christmas ornaments of 3' diameter. They charged me for 9.5kg. They didn't state the volume but only the chargeable weight, so I paid without rechecking further. Not until I receive a tracking information from them that on DHL airway bill, the total weight indicated is 9lbs, NOT 9.5 kg.

I contacted their Customer Service, they said comGateway charged me for the volume (which was never shown on the dashboard) instead of the total weight. And that I need to send email to request for repacking (such a non-user-friendly service, can they have this option appeared on the dashboard when I check-out?). Stressed that their costs are charged in the same way as DHL. They just offered to waive my repacking fee for my next order - which will never happen as I will not use their service anymore.

Totally disappointed and so not trustworthy, while my orders are already at their warehouse, there's no way I could judge if their charges are reasonable, can only pay what they are charging.

peterc126
5/9/16

I have been using comGateway for perhaps 5 years now and am always amazed at how fast, efficient, and economical they are. I regularly purchase from US suppliers, such as Ralph Lauren, who do not ship outside of the US and so I need a reputable and trustworthy Shipping Agent ( like comGateway) to use as the middle man to get my goods delivered to Australia. It usually only takes one to two days for comGateway to repack and ship my goods once they have arrived in Portland and once shipped (with DHL) I can have the goods in Australia within 3 days - this is remarkable. I highly recommend comGateway and have always found their service to be of the highest calibre.

Tip for consumers: The perfect Shipping solution

susanj82
4/20/16

I found comGateway to be unreliable with poor customer service. After doing some research, I found a great company called Shipville. I would highly recommend their service.

gabt3
4/20/16

On the front, Comgateway looks good with decent shipping rates. I have shipped with them several times and there were no issues with them until i had some shipments from Amazon. Comgateway blocked the account and claimed that the packages have been returned to Amazon.

I contacted Amazon a week later on the returned packages and to my surprise, they informed me the packages were indeed returned BUT Comgateway actually contacted Amazon and got them to refund the purchase costs to their account instead (in the form of GIFT CARDS).

Despicable actions by the company. Read through the reviews and you will find some with similar experience

Updated on 23rd April: Comgateway tries to act innocent in this case. I agree when there is no problem, the company is pretty good however these incidents (couple of others, You know it CGW) shows how despicable the company is. Contacting Amazon to refund the return to their account since they are in actual fact the recipient and not us. BEWARE OF CGW SCAM.

Tip for consumers: They are a scam

fredp43
4/9/16

Goods arrived on the latest date set, which I was fine with, as it wasn't 'late'. Online cost calculator incredibly underestimates. It gave me a price of around £20, which increased to over £100. They also simply sent it to another company, who are also trying to charge me more on top of this. If you want something delivered where money is no problem, this service is fine.
(Update): recently charged an additional £50 by a random company that comgateway sent the package too. I researched any addictional costs on their website and could not find this. I would have preferred to use an expensive service who told you the total cost upfront.

rippedo17
4/7/16

Received my US$100 vinyl record damaged by ink marks. Have sent them photos and requested for insurance claim, but they have pushed the responsibility to the seller instead. (Seller showed me photo of item in pristine condition before mailing and has 100% positive reviews on the selling site).

In a nutshell: ITEM IS DAMAGED. ITEM IS INSURED (charged by Comgateway). But they won't let you claim it. Rip off.

Sorry Comgateway. No longer trust you guys.

sl306
3/29/16

Dec 2015: My sister's order was delivered to my account mistakenly, and I wrote to CGW asking them to re-reroute it to my brother's account (for consolidation with other purchases). I gave them the exact details, and they said they would get it done.

March 2016: The package was still not received at my brother's account. I wrote to CGW asking them what the heck was going on. They write back saying that I had instructed them to discard the package and it was discarded in Jan 2016. --> EXCUSE ME??? WHO ON EARTH ASKS FOR THEIR PURCHASES TO BE DISCARDED.

ABSOLUTE NEGLIGENCE.

They were apologetic. FINE. BUT. Up till now I am still fighting a battle for a full refund of the USD43, which translated to SGD 62.75 at the time of purchase. And they CANNOT even get that sorted out. Lousy excuses like they can't transfer the money to me, or credit it to my card because the purchase was made with the merchant and not through them. They can only use paypal, which charges an admin fee per transaction. Why should we be penalised for their error?

SERIOUSLY. What kind of stupidity do we need to deal with as customers?

comgatewayg
3/28/16

As the title describes, I ordered a keyboard from amazon. Comgateway said they did not receive the shipment when the merchant said that the product has already been shipped. Was billied for the keyboard that I did not even receive. Extremely disappointed.

For whoever is out there reading and deciding whether to use comgateway. 100% dont. Here's why,

1. The shipping takes forever (no its not fast, whoever said that must be smoking some weed. In my case I didnt even get my keyboard, which was $700 gone.)
2. The shipping fee will most definitely turn out to be a bomb.
3. Even if you eventually do get your package, you would have had to hussle and send multiple emails

Way better off spending abit more on your local store for a peace of mind.

katieb54
3/12/16

I was worried about being scammed but thought 'why not?' and used them for a $50 order of makeup from ColourPop, a company that doesn't ship to the UK.

I was amazed at their efficiency and customer service.

As soon as the parcel arrived at their warehouse my account was updated. I logged in and paid only $20 to have the small package shipped from Portland to the Isle of Man (UK).

I was sent an email with tracking info and it only took 1 week to deliver. (with FedEX)

I had some questions along the way, all of which were answered through their great customer service team.

Great company, 10/10 would recommend to anyone.

gowrig
2/24/16

Used comGateway recently to buy from newegg. I did try one of the reviewers advise and was able to find a free express upgrade! Apart from this, requested a photo of the actual item they received on my behalf aside from the scanned invoice available on my comgateway account. Really happy with the service they provided even though all communications I had with them is thru email.

lucyc25
2/19/16

Used comGateway rto shop pairs of shoes since they are not available in the UK. Everything went smoothly until some unexpected costs shows up. e.i. the duty and VAT were higher than expected. Anyway, I was really happy with the service which I would rate them top-notch.

roberts374
2/16/16

Wanted to ship my item as soon as possible as one of the items are waiting for receipt verification. I logged in to the chat, and after verifying my identity, Julia helped me out with my concerns and answered all my questions. Though the items were shipped the following day (and didn't go as planned), I still admire the service level she provided.

margareth62
2/14/16

They do as to what their site says. Add up the great customer service Justin has provided.

julias55
2/12/16

Billy is very friendly and helpful, aside from that my shipment arrived complete and well packaged.

hectord10
2/9/16

Started using comGateway like 2-3 weeks ago and made my first shipment last week. Since it's my first time shipping items through this kind of service (normally, I ask a relative who happens to be in US to buy stuff for me), I felt the need to get in touch with comGateway and provide me the step-by-step process of how the shipping works - though they have this How it works page, just need a more detailed info, well honestly I'm quite scared since the item I shipped is no joke.

Tina, the one behind the keyboard, was very helpful and even gave me a discount code, not just to keep me at ease but to thank me for using their services.

I just wish that any other company provides the same service experience as comGateway did.

Tip for consumers: I think comGateway is giving out discount codes for new users. I happen to receive one myself, will keep it until the my next shipment. :)

Helpful answer

Steve P is correct! It is based on the higher of an item's actual or volumetric weight.

By comGateway T. [comGateway Rep] on 8/17/15
Helpful answer

3lbs would cost about USD32 in shipping fees. Do check out Live Quote (log in, and look under the Search bar) for a guaranteed estimate on shipping fees!

By comGateway T. [comGateway Rep] on 5/24/15
Helpful answer

I ordered a product from america and they have not put my aussie address into the address book.......hopefully my order will arrive to my aussie destination from the american address?will they email me as soon as product arrives to american addy to get aussie address info?

By Layla S. on 6/21/13
Helpful answer

A. Hi Peter, Welcome to comGateway! An iPhone package weighs about 1.50 kg and it will only cost around US$ 32.00 to ship it to Australia. For a more detailed quotation, please contact us at customerservice@comgateway.com. We look forward to serving you!

By comGateway T. [comGateway Rep] on 7/8/16
Helpful answer

Hi Raillen, Welcome to comGateway! All our shipments from the U.S. will originate from your assigned U.S. address. We will then deliver it to your home address in the Philippines. You may contact us via email at customerservice@comgateway.com or LiveChat from 7am to 6pm (GMT+8) should you have further inquiries. Cheers!

By comGateway T. [comGateway Rep] on 3/10/16
Helpful answer

Hi Shameeni, Based on our customers experience, COLOURPOP.COM accepts international credit cards. Happy Shopping!

By comGateway T. [comGateway Rep] on 2/18/16
Helpful answer

Hi Tanya, Welcome to comGateway! Do know that sellers within the Amazon Marketplace differs. Some may ship internationally and some may not. Upon arrival of your orders at our facility, you will be informed via email. Finally, when you are ready to ship your packages, this can be done through the "Ship Packages at U.S. Address" section of our website. Once the package departs our warehouse, an email will be sent and this will provide details on tracking your consignment as it makes its way to your home address. Do reach out to our customer support team should you have additional inquiries. Cheers!

By comGateway T. [comGateway Rep] on 2/14/16
Helpful answer

Hi D.F. In 2014, we have extended live chat hours. Live Chat begins at 7am (GMT +0800) instead of 11am - a response to feedback by customers from Asia-Pacific (Singapore, Australia, etc.) who wished to be able to manage their accounts on the way to work. We believe our focus provides a positive experience for all, and thank you for appreciating our service. Cheers!

By comGateway T. [comGateway Rep] on 2/2/16
Helpful answer

Hi there, our BuyForMe service is only able to ship to our/our warehouse. In addition, we are only able to ship internationally, not to American addresses. We hope this helps!

By comGateway T. [comGateway Rep] on 12/1/15
Helpful answer

Hi there - were you referring to Amazon.com itself? If the boots arrive on 4 Dec'15, and you elect to ship it without the repack service on 5 Dec'15, you should receive it in the week of 7-11 December 2015. Do reach out to our Support team if you have more question :)

By comGateway T. [comGateway Rep] on 11/29/15
Questions? Get answers from the comGateway staff and other customers.

comGateway?