Review of BUDK

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

maxo14
4/7/17

This company CONSTANTLY messes up orders, and then instead of fixing the problem (throw common sense RIGHT out the window) they very childishly attempt to switch the blame onto the person calling expecting to get help from "customer service." More like customer disservice!!! Making problems worse is a C.S
D-bag named Jessica Perez. If you're foolish enough to order from these people.....even after seeing this large amount of unhappy ex-customers....and you get the above named "agent" (with the I.Q of used toilet paper) HANG UP IMMEDIATELY! This "person" doesn't listen to a word the customer says, while trying to be snarky & arrogant, even though she makes $7/hour and thinks she's better than you for God-knows what reason?! That's if you can understand the people who answer the phone to begin with! Instead of getting the stereotypical hard to understand Indian accent, you are welcomed by Billy Bob's redneck cousin, who is also his sister and wife. It goes from bad-to-worse if you decide to buy ANYTHING from this backwater, excuse for an online flea market. Go to the Better Business Bureau website if you have the same complaints as mine and it will ensure you all get the revenge....I mean justice that you SO deserve!

elim29
2/28/17

Not only do they sell the cheapest f the cheap, they constantly send people the wrong orders and expect you to ship them back at YOUR expense, I have let it slide in hopes that they pick up the slack, cuz hey people make mistakes, but something that repeats itself as often as it does I start to think it's not a mistake. My last purchase from here totaled around $80 nothing too extravagant but stuff nevertheless, they charged my card as my purchase was completed and then continued to send me an email saying my card declined, we exchanged two short emails saying the same ol shtick, pretty much telling me that I'm wrong and I have to re order, I would hate to see more people spend and waste money on garbage

michaelf197
2/13/17

They sent me the wrong items, and when I caled to fix it, they did not even know what was in the Catalog, telling me somone would have to "Pull the Call" in 24 to 48 hours and see what happened. It sounded like they found the dumbest Hillybilly in town to answer the phone. Stay away unluss you're ok gambling. If you DO order, use AMEX or a credit card that will dispute for you.

danielm299
1/1/17

Budk is my go to online store for budget knives. I have had three items to return and all were handled without a glitch. A phone call or an email was enough to get a return postage paid label. Credit for return was easy. I generally wait for specials like 20 percent off and free shipping when I shop online. All items arrive timely - never a lost package.

ronnyd9
9/22/16

Phone support is awesome. You get what you pay for and sometimes more. I always got at LEAST what I paid for.

johns1441
9/3/16

Total bull$#*! in the mystery bag. More like a bag of $#*!!

mikeh254
7/25/16

I placed an order mid June and it is now nearly the end of July and still have not received any package. On top of that my last package which also took forever to deliver came in a box that looked like a raccoon went through it.
Negative Stars

willisf4
5/27/16

First off, I never recieved a confirmation email about my purchase. Website says ships within 24 to 48 business hours... yeah right. I've been waiting 2 weeks on a package. Everytime I call they say it's in transit but they don't provide a shipping number. Complained about not getting an email, they said they'd send one and never did. I've given up waiting for it. Will update if it ever comes...

jamesc311
5/4/16

Do not try to return anything, no matter what is wrong with it..... Budk customer service is non existent. 3 phone calls to return a item, and nothing ever happens... Will not buy from these people again. Saddest part is the company doesn't care about your business.

chadw114
2/21/16

I ordered a couple of items that totaled just over $200. Because of this "extravagant" amount, they would not release the items and required that I call in to verify that these items were mine. They also sent an email. Because of my job, I cannot access an outside phone line at any point during the week without massive inconvenience (not worth it for a couple of blades), so I responded to the email. This was not good enough, and they put my order into FRAUD ALERT and REQUIRED me to call in order it would continue to be held.

Again, $200 order placed ONLINE with VALID PAYMENT and VALID CONTACT INFORMATION and EMAIL INTERACTION, but my order is being held for FRAUD.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS SHAM OF A COMPANY.

joeb204
2/19/16

Recently ordered and the confirmation email I received AFTER paying was $5 higher. I was told it was an engraving charge. Fine, except my invoice never mentioned anything. The invoice I paid from.
I will never buy from them again.

jorgel15
12/8/15

Worst customer service ever. While placing an order on the site my address got cut short. Reached out to customer service to see if they can check the address since i fixed a few days later on my account. Nothing got done. No way to track the order and no way to get a refund. They are the type of service that are there to write and email back but not actually do anything. You have been warned

larryp39
11/25/15

I bought many knives from BudK,they are without a doubt the best most honest place to buy.I've never had anything to ship back .The prices will Shock you at times when you see the quality of knives you get for the price. HAPPY,HAPPY,HAPPY

kevinw99
11/13/15

PACKAGE SAYS DELIVERED ON A STURDAY TO MY WORK WHICH ISN'T OPEN AND THEN MONDAY ITS NOT THERE SOME SUPRISE? THEY THEN TELL ME MY ADRESS IS WRONG WHICH IS SAME AS I'VE ALWAYS USED. AND AFTER WAITING A MONTH FOR THEM TO LOOK INTO IT THEY NOW TELL ME IT HAS TO BE RETURNED TO THEM!!!!!!!

samsonf1
9/17/15

Everytime I order I definitely get what I paid for. The customer service lacks alot but the actual goods? They are extraordinary. Keep ordering from here, you may have problems but what place doesn't? The delivery time and such makes me impatient but that doesn't mean it is a terrible place. I will return and buy things from here again.

patrickm102
9/11/15

i placed one order and received it on a wednesday. i received the same order the following day. i told them i did not place a duplicate order. they said i haveto pay the shipping to return it. Long story short, i fought them along with american express, and the lady said we will do this as a one time courtesy and send you a prepaid label. come to find out they admitted the order was placed seconds apart from each other right at midnight. so i told them it is their computer glitch and not my problem. they act like they were doing me a favor..

josephr55
4/18/15

Last year around November I ordered alot of bogo items on there which costed $400 round there. I waited for a week or two for my products. They didn't come so I called a lady told me they where sorry and had it shipped as she claimed. Waited again didn't receive them so I called again same lady tells me they where sorry and are sending it through express shipping so I would get my order very early. Surprise surprise never did get it, and I am wondering what the $#*! are they doing. I called the third time a guy talks to me I tell him what is going on that I didn't get my packages. He says, "Ok I will get a hold of the manager for you." So I do speak with the manager he tells me that it couldn't be shipped do to this ridiculous policy telling me I couldn't have these cause of each being a bogo item. BUT it gets better they also tell me some of these items I ordered are out of stock. Which is funny cause I got an email with the order on my list telling me what I got coming in that I ordered saying it shipped. I never got an email telling me the transaction failed or my order didn't ship due to some odd reason. I will never order from this site ever again due to this incident their manager and employee deserve to be fired. Avoid this site and Kennesawcutlery and also Swordsswords. Your better off buying from Wildbillswholesales.com

brianm116
3/27/15

These people are a nightmare. So many better places to order the SAME merchandise. Wildbillwholesale.com is way way better. Cheaper and they actually know how to treat a customer.budk falsely advertises their mehandise. I ordered three full tang swords. Two was befause it was buy 1 get 1. First cut attempt it fell apart revealing less than half tang and the blade was glued into the handle. Not rigeted as was advertisers sed. The rivets were fake. 3 weeks to get a return label. Filled out the form for replacement merchandise because inwasnt going to just flush the shipping charges (way overcharged) I paid down the toilet. They ignored the form and refunded half of my money. I am still fighting with them to get the rest of my refund. These people are truly morons in the true definition of the word.

kimberlyc22
3/20/15

VERY unhappy with the customer service! Ordered a knife for my son. When the much anticipated delivery arrived, we found not the knife we ordered, but a Civil War replica HAT!!! The packing slip shows the tanto blade knife we ordered, so clearly it was 100% their mistake, yet when I called, I was told we would have to wait for them to send us a return label for the hat, then fill out a form requesting an EXCHANGE for the "item we wanted"!!! After much discussion, the best I got was "we will process the order in 48 hours and you should receive it in 7-10 business days!! The entire thing is THEIR FAULT, yet I received not even the slightest apology from them! She acted like SHE was doing ME a favor, as if I ordered it wrong! Any respectable company would have, in addition to a sincere apology, shipped out the correct item IMMEADIATELY, with rush shipping, not the slowest possible shipping! We have been BudK customers for YEARS, but after this experience, NO MORE! Never again will I deal with this company! Buyer beware. Worst customer service I have ever experienced!

kristenh11
1/3/15

I've ordered from BudK ever since my son became a fan of hunting, hiking & trapping. I've only had 1 problem, which began Oct 2014 when I ordered a bow for Christmas. I am disabled & my memory is crap. When I discovered the bow was not under the tree, I called "customer service" to report it. They said "it's been over 60 days, there's nothing we can do for you." I know this is FALSE! The supervisor put in an UPS report, but she "doesn't know if they will accept it", if they do, she will contact me. I feel dismissed& I've disappointed my 12 year old son. BudK didn't lift a finger to help & acted as though me being a customer is an inconvenience. I'm REALLY disappointed in Payton & his supervisor. I've ordered goods for at least 3 years....

kevink51
12/26/14

After dealing with other website dealers, I have found that BudK has proven to be above the rest. Very responsive customer service, great pricing on great products. Shipping was lightning fast and the whole process is seamless. I highly recommend this company to anyone wanting swords knives and zombie gear.

staceyp9
12/22/14

Do not order from this company! I have now placed 3 orders with them and every time I've had to cancel my order because the email confirmation I receive has my order wrong... Then once speaking to a rep I find out that the "in stock, ships today" advertisement is completely false. Says there is a cutoff of 200pm eastern, but turns out they change the cutoff time whenever they want. And they do not care to even try to fix the problem in order to keep me as a costumer. On top of everything else... I had an order placed where I had a deal on 2 day shipping, I again was given incorrect information which forced me to cancel my order only to find out later that the shipping deal would have worked and I could have kept my order. Oh and a heads up, Trueswords.com is the same company as buck.com! If I could I'd give this place 0 stars!

bobb606
7/22/14

They said say ships within 24-48 business HOURS.
This turns out to mean 3-6 business days before they even ship it, plus another 7-10 more to receive it
This lets you know what kind of company they are. They sound and look good on the surface but that is it.

I received 1/3 of the items I ordered because they were very poorly packaged so they fell out of the box during shipping..... Fixing this has been a nightmare.

-So...if you want the stuff for decorations or costumes its pretty good.

-But if you want quality, functional and customer service I would recommend that you keep looking

mlm2
1/8/14

I just discovered this website through a magazine. I love it, it has everything that a hunter, weapons enthusiast, camper, or collector would want.
Great site!

bobbieg6
12/31/13

I didnt want to have to do this but its about time I do.

I've ordered off of BUDK for over 10 years. They had the greatest customer service, awesome merchandise, and never made mistakes and if they did they corrected it with no problems. Over the last 3-4 years Ive been making purchases every month, thats right every month. I collect but mostly resold and gifted stuff to friends and family. Ive ordered from them for so long I know just about everybody there and they know me. I considered BUDK to be not only a great place to purchase cool stuff but also seeing some of them as good old friends. 10 years is a long time so it came naturally.

Starting around mid 2011 is when the NIGHTMARES began. Now these days the customer service is rude. I was actually yelled at for mistakes theyve made. Sadly the majority of these people Ive dealt with for years. They all suddenly turned two-faced. It takes a lot to get me upset or at least to show it but these people know how to push your buttons.

The reasons why BUDK is a horrible company:
ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION I
Was told I would get calls back/emails and never did.
Had the completely wrong orders sent to me.
Had my orders sent to another address.
Had orders missing a number of merchandise.
Had fragile items shipped with heavy items just to find the fragile items were destroyed.
Had parts fall out of box during shipping due to poor packaging.
Had orders placed that were never shipped but somehow was still charged.
Had items returned and had to fight for the refund.

I wish I was joking about this. As strange as it seems it hurts to have to do this but Im tired of their games and constantly having to call them for their mistakes. I think its safe to say after over 10 years with this company I am completely done with them. Goodbye BUDK.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the BUDK staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
zondanc
Zondan C.
on 2/5/16
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the BUDK staff and other customers.

BUDK?