Review of BUDK

MOULTRIE, GA 31768
Tel: 866-246-7164

nathanr52
10/16/17

I ordered a $60 sword online, and wasn't expecting much for that low a price... but Budk couldn't even manage to meet my low level of expectation. I ordered the double edged Scottish broadsword they had advertised, and they sent me a single edged Scottish backsword (I was sent the wrong item in other words). What's more, the scabbard that came with the weapon was meant for a different sword entirely, and doesn't even fit the sword I ordered. All of this on top of the garbage level item quality that I expected.

To add insult to injury, getting Budk to stand behind their "100% iron clad guarantee" has been like pulling teeth... no luck getting them to honor this commitment at all thus far (just a whole lot of runaround).

joej123
9/1/17

No free speech on engravings. Not sure what exactly they do and don't allow, I guess it's just at whoever's discretion, so if they don't politically agree with you they just take the money and don't do the engraving. Very skeevy.

jackk77
8/29/17

This is about my second order with BudK. I ordered four knives as part of BudK's "Buy One Get One & Free Shipping" sale. I placed the order, paid with my credit card and received an email confirmation for the order. The email stated that the order would ship in 24-48 hours. I waited a couple of days to receive an email telling me the order shipped. after 3 days no email so I went to BudK's website to check my order status. The website informed me that my order was invalid. I contacted BudK's customer service and asked what had happened. I was told they could give me no reason for the cancellation. I asked if they would honor the BOGO+Free Shipping promotion and was told they would not. I asked for this person's supervisor. When connected to the supervisor I asked why there was no email or telephone call for the cancellation. I was told by the supervisor that she did not know the reason for the cancellation or why I was not contacted. Again, I asked if they would honor the promotion for the day I made my purchase "Buy One Get One with Free Shipping", I was told they would not. This is BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. My credit card had / has no problems, none of the ordered items are restricted in my state and all billing and shipping information was correct. There is no reason for the cancellation. The only thing I can figure is that BudK was losing money on the "Buy One Get One with Free Shipping" promotion so they cancelled the order. Any other good company would have honored the promotion if there was a problem with their computer system cancelling orders at random. The fact that they did not tells me the cancellation was a cost saving measure because they were losing money with that particular promotion. They have lost me as a customer.

davidb758
8/24/17

I tried to get a catalog for over four months called five times what a joke! won't be doing business with an unprofessional company like yours

maxo14
4/7/17

This company CONSTANTLY messes up orders, and then instead of fixing the problem (throw common sense RIGHT out the window) they very childishly attempt to switch the blame onto the person calling expecting to get help from "customer service." More like customer disservice!!! Making problems worse is a C.S
D-bag named Jessica Perez. If you're foolish enough to order from these people.....even after seeing this large amount of unhappy ex-customers....and you get the above named "agent" (with the I.Q of used toilet paper) HANG UP IMMEDIATELY! This "person" doesn't listen to a word the customer says, while trying to be snarky & arrogant, even though she makes $7/hour and thinks she's better than you for God-knows what reason?! That's if you can understand the people who answer the phone to begin with! Instead of getting the stereotypical hard to understand Indian accent, you are welcomed by Billy Bob's redneck cousin, who is also his sister and wife. It goes from bad-to-worse if you decide to buy ANYTHING from this backwater, excuse for an online flea market. Go to the Better Business Bureau website if you have the same complaints as mine and it will ensure you all get the revenge....I mean justice that you SO deserve!

elim29
2/28/17

Not only do they sell the cheapest f the cheap, they constantly send people the wrong orders and expect you to ship them back at YOUR expense, I have let it slide in hopes that they pick up the slack, cuz hey people make mistakes, but something that repeats itself as often as it does I start to think it's not a mistake. My last purchase from here totaled around $80 nothing too extravagant but stuff nevertheless, they charged my card as my purchase was completed and then continued to send me an email saying my card declined, we exchanged two short emails saying the same ol shtick, pretty much telling me that I'm wrong and I have to re order, I would hate to see more people spend and waste money on garbage

michaelf197
2/13/17

They sent me the wrong items, and when I caled to fix it, they did not even know what was in the Catalog, telling me somone would have to "Pull the Call" in 24 to 48 hours and see what happened. It sounded like they found the dumbest Hillybilly in town to answer the phone. Stay away unluss you're ok gambling. If you DO order, use AMEX or a credit card that will dispute for you.

danielm299
1/1/17

Budk is my go to online store for budget knives. I have had three items to return and all were handled without a glitch. A phone call or an email was enough to get a return postage paid label. Credit for return was easy. I generally wait for specials like 20 percent off and free shipping when I shop online. All items arrive timely - never a lost package.

ronnyd9
9/22/16

Phone support is awesome. You get what you pay for and sometimes more. I always got at LEAST what I paid for.

johns1441
9/3/16

Total bull$#*! in the mystery bag. More like a bag of $#*!!

mikeh254
7/25/16

I placed an order mid June and it is now nearly the end of July and still have not received any package. On top of that my last package which also took forever to deliver came in a box that looked like a raccoon went through it.
Negative Stars

willisf4
5/27/16

First off, I never recieved a confirmation email about my purchase. Website says ships within 24 to 48 business hours... yeah right. I've been waiting 2 weeks on a package. Everytime I call they say it's in transit but they don't provide a shipping number. Complained about not getting an email, they said they'd send one and never did. I've given up waiting for it. Will update if it ever comes...

jamesc311
5/4/16

Do not try to return anything, no matter what is wrong with it..... Budk customer service is non existent. 3 phone calls to return a item, and nothing ever happens... Will not buy from these people again. Saddest part is the company doesn't care about your business.

chadw114
2/21/16

I ordered a couple of items that totaled just over $200. Because of this "extravagant" amount, they would not release the items and required that I call in to verify that these items were mine. They also sent an email. Because of my job, I cannot access an outside phone line at any point during the week without massive inconvenience (not worth it for a couple of blades), so I responded to the email. This was not good enough, and they put my order into FRAUD ALERT and REQUIRED me to call in order it would continue to be held.

Again, $200 order placed ONLINE with VALID PAYMENT and VALID CONTACT INFORMATION and EMAIL INTERACTION, but my order is being held for FRAUD.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS SHAM OF A COMPANY.

joeb204
2/19/16

Recently ordered and the confirmation email I received AFTER paying was $5 higher. I was told it was an engraving charge. Fine, except my invoice never mentioned anything. The invoice I paid from.
I will never buy from them again.

jorgel15
12/8/15

Worst customer service ever. While placing an order on the site my address got cut short. Reached out to customer service to see if they can check the address since i fixed a few days later on my account. Nothing got done. No way to track the order and no way to get a refund. They are the type of service that are there to write and email back but not actually do anything. You have been warned

larryp39
11/25/15

I bought many knives from BudK,they are without a doubt the best most honest place to buy.I've never had anything to ship back .The prices will Shock you at times when you see the quality of knives you get for the price. HAPPY,HAPPY,HAPPY

kevinw99
11/13/15

PACKAGE SAYS DELIVERED ON A STURDAY TO MY WORK WHICH ISN'T OPEN AND THEN MONDAY ITS NOT THERE SOME SUPRISE? THEY THEN TELL ME MY ADRESS IS WRONG WHICH IS SAME AS I'VE ALWAYS USED. AND AFTER WAITING A MONTH FOR THEM TO LOOK INTO IT THEY NOW TELL ME IT HAS TO BE RETURNED TO THEM!!!!!!!

samsonf1
9/17/15

Everytime I order I definitely get what I paid for. The customer service lacks alot but the actual goods? They are extraordinary. Keep ordering from here, you may have problems but what place doesn't? The delivery time and such makes me impatient but that doesn't mean it is a terrible place. I will return and buy things from here again.

patrickm102
9/11/15

i placed one order and received it on a wednesday. i received the same order the following day. i told them i did not place a duplicate order. they said i haveto pay the shipping to return it. Long story short, i fought them along with american express, and the lady said we will do this as a one time courtesy and send you a prepaid label. come to find out they admitted the order was placed seconds apart from each other right at midnight. so i told them it is their computer glitch and not my problem. they act like they were doing me a favor..

josephr55
4/18/15

Last year around November I ordered alot of bogo items on there which costed $400 round there. I waited for a week or two for my products. They didn't come so I called a lady told me they where sorry and had it shipped as she claimed. Waited again didn't receive them so I called again same lady tells me they where sorry and are sending it through express shipping so I would get my order very early. Surprise surprise never did get it, and I am wondering what the $#*! are they doing. I called the third time a guy talks to me I tell him what is going on that I didn't get my packages. He says, "Ok I will get a hold of the manager for you." So I do speak with the manager he tells me that it couldn't be shipped do to this ridiculous policy telling me I couldn't have these cause of each being a bogo item. BUT it gets better they also tell me some of these items I ordered are out of stock. Which is funny cause I got an email with the order on my list telling me what I got coming in that I ordered saying it shipped. I never got an email telling me the transaction failed or my order didn't ship due to some odd reason. I will never order from this site ever again due to this incident their manager and employee deserve to be fired. Avoid this site and Kennesawcutlery and also Swordsswords. Your better off buying from Wildbillswholesales.com

brianm116
3/27/15

These people are a nightmare. So many better places to order the SAME merchandise. Wildbillwholesale.com is way way better. Cheaper and they actually know how to treat a customer.budk falsely advertises their mehandise. I ordered three full tang swords. Two was befause it was buy 1 get 1. First cut attempt it fell apart revealing less than half tang and the blade was glued into the handle. Not rigeted as was advertisers sed. The rivets were fake. 3 weeks to get a return label. Filled out the form for replacement merchandise because inwasnt going to just flush the shipping charges (way overcharged) I paid down the toilet. They ignored the form and refunded half of my money. I am still fighting with them to get the rest of my refund. These people are truly morons in the true definition of the word.

kimberlyc22
3/20/15

VERY unhappy with the customer service! Ordered a knife for my son. When the much anticipated delivery arrived, we found not the knife we ordered, but a Civil War replica HAT!!! The packing slip shows the tanto blade knife we ordered, so clearly it was 100% their mistake, yet when I called, I was told we would have to wait for them to send us a return label for the hat, then fill out a form requesting an EXCHANGE for the "item we wanted"!!! After much discussion, the best I got was "we will process the order in 48 hours and you should receive it in 7-10 business days!! The entire thing is THEIR FAULT, yet I received not even the slightest apology from them! She acted like SHE was doing ME a favor, as if I ordered it wrong! Any respectable company would have, in addition to a sincere apology, shipped out the correct item IMMEADIATELY, with rush shipping, not the slowest possible shipping! We have been BudK customers for YEARS, but after this experience, NO MORE! Never again will I deal with this company! Buyer beware. Worst customer service I have ever experienced!

kristenh11
1/3/15

I've ordered from BudK ever since my son became a fan of hunting, hiking & trapping. I've only had 1 problem, which began Oct 2014 when I ordered a bow for Christmas. I am disabled & my memory is crap. When I discovered the bow was not under the tree, I called "customer service" to report it. They said "it's been over 60 days, there's nothing we can do for you." I know this is FALSE! The supervisor put in an UPS report, but she "doesn't know if they will accept it", if they do, she will contact me. I feel dismissed& I've disappointed my 12 year old son. BudK didn't lift a finger to help & acted as though me being a customer is an inconvenience. I'm REALLY disappointed in Payton & his supervisor. I've ordered goods for at least 3 years....

kevink51
12/26/14

After dealing with other website dealers, I have found that BudK has proven to be above the rest. Very responsive customer service, great pricing on great products. Shipping was lightning fast and the whole process is seamless. I highly recommend this company to anyone wanting swords knives and zombie gear.

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the BUDK staff and other customers.

BUDK?