Review of BidCactus

Electronics, Penny Auction, Retro Video Games
info@bidcactus.com

ss80
12/2/13

I was checking out a deal on an iPhone and ran into this scam. I got the same format style of email and was suspicious. Note that scammers can take it a step further to hide the fact it is bidcactus and/or to track their "scam-ees" - I was told to go to retailbidday.com not bidcactus.com and (as a web consultant) I watched the URL activity and retailbidday.com immediately redirected to bidcactus.com. That was when I was pretty sure it was a scam (although that is not always true). BTW, I am sure there are a whole lot of other URLs that people have bought to propagate this scam so if you get a different URL like I did please share it.

Here is the content of the email sent to me after responding to the ad on Craigslist:

"Hi Someone just purched this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from. I just got 4 of these from here retailbidday.com and I resold them for some extra money. The trick is to watch for bidding to slow down and then jump in. That's what I do and I win all the time."

Also note that they appear to be a sort or real penny auction site and somebody had mentioned they were rated B+ on the BBB website. I checked that out - they have a D+ rating and are not accredited with several unresolved complaints on file. The BBB rating report: http://www.bbb.org/connecticut/business-reviews/penny-auctions/bidcactus-in-westport-ct-87070255

BTW, I suggest if you run across one of these craigslist scams that you take the time to go back and FLAG the listing to have it removed. These postings are prohibited and you can just click the link at the top of the craigslist page where the post is located to have it flagged for removal.

kimberlyh15
11/27/13

Just received this email from seller on Craigslist...

"Someone just bought this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.
I just picked up 3 of these from http://www.bidforsell.com/ and I resold them on here for some extra money.
The trick is to watch for bidding to slow down and then put in a bid. That's what I do and I win all the time.
Best Regards
Robert Mugabe"
robert.mugabe@orientitnetwork.co.uk

spencep
11/27/13

The #1 issue is not how the lure you to the site, nor the cost of the bids. This #1 issue is all the reviews by winners who never receive their items. When you contact them, they make excuses and never give a ship date.

The #2 issue is the mental health of the customers. Why do they keep bidding and throwing money away when they don't receive a single gift card, jewelry item, or electronic? The only items they do send, on rare occasion, are the useless florida or mexico trips, or the valueless $50 e-cards where the only thing you can purchase with it is a cheap ice cream scoop you could have bought at the $1 store.

peterp47
11/26/13

Just for the big hitters a little guy doesn't have a chance.

leey4
11/20/13

got this email after inquiring about a tv on craigslist..

Someone just bought this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.
Best Regards
Robert Mugabe
Sent from my iPod

started to sign up and decided to check the reviews.. now i see it's definitely a scam.

heatherg12
11/19/13

Its a scam. Just got this same email from another address.

annalisebadian@yahoo.com

Alsi, the site she told me was retailbidday.com

srivishnur
11/19/13

This is a fraud site. like others i also got a reply saying that they won in bidcactus and sold for higher price. i haven't seen any reviews about this site. i registered and won few auctions and paid the money, they didn't send the product, when i sent the mail they didn't even reply.. worst auction site

jl46
11/17/13

they are cacretailers.com on craigslist...johnhopper7010@gmail.com, auinto85@gmail.com, dina7826@gmail.com, zamessmith4@gmail.com,...paying people to lead people to their crap website!

dsdfsf
11/11/13

Instead of just complaining here, notify paypal, mastercard, visa about their scam. Only way to hurt them is to attack their wallet.

daven10
10/27/13

E-Mail Scammers:
Diana Cyrus <poeschel_s@yahoo.com>
Diana Cyrus <johnsiecostain96@yahoo.com>

Hey A guy just bought this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.
I just got 4 of these from here pennybcactus.com and I resold them for some extra money.

Secondary e-mail...almost verbatim:

Hi A guy just purched this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.

pattys7
10/25/13

What a Scam! I emailed this "diana" for a galaxy s3, cus my phone broke and I got this:
Hey A guy just bought this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.

nickk26
10/24/13

found 3 tvs emailed the owner and got this back 3:00 am from all 3 owners.
Hello A guy just purched this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from. I just got 4 of these from here retailcacts.com and I resold them for some extra money. The trick is to watch for bidding to slow down and then jump in. That's what I do and I win all the time.

angelod13
10/23/13

My experience matches many of the others here.

I responded to an ad on Craigslist for a washer/dryer at a great price. I got a reply from Katy Taylor saying it was sold, but she gets them all the time from bidcactus.

I also wondered why someone on Craigslist would give away the site, but figured it couldn't hurt to look at it. However, it looks like you have to register to see what's up for auction - this seems like a strange for a legitimate auction to attract bidders. I found this site when I looked for reviews for bidcactus.com before registering.

After reading other reviews, I will not register (and certainly won't give them any financial information).

nicoleg16
10/19/13

I received the exact email from Diana on Craigslist about a washer and dryer word for word here's the email I received from her
Hey A guy just purched this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.

Diana
How do people like this get away with the sh**????

warrene5
4,517 helpful votes
10/18/13

Beware many people rate this a scam site:

(100 mostly bad reviews)
-------------

( lots of reviews rated a 1 )

(more bad reviews)

franks49
10/18/13

I saw an ad in Craig's List for in iPhone 5, listed at $200!! There was no reply email registered with Craig's list and the seller had put her gmail ID and requested the people interested to contact manually through that. I received a reply from Diana Cyrus to my enquiry. Here's the reply, copied and pasted without changing a word: Hello A guy just purched this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from. I just got 4 of these from here retailbidday.com and I resold them for some extra money. The trick is to watch for bidding to slow down and then jump in. That's what I do and I win all the time. All the best Diana Sent from my iPhone.
When I clicked on http://retailbidday.com/ link, it took me to bidcactus.com. Looking at the warnings everyone has posted here, the answer I received's off a template as it's identical to the reply others have received. The site retailbidday.com is also a redirected site that tells me since bidcactus is well known to be a scam, they are using a different new site name now. But because it takes a lot to set up an auction site they just simply have the new site redirecting to the old bidcactus. I've read the warnings about this site. I've also read the good feedback. My questions are: why is someone from this bidcactus and not a customer, posing as a buyer from bidcactus.com? Why the same identical reply to so many interested people if the reply is real? Bidcactus.com is obviously posing as a buyer of an item from bidcactus.com selling what she or he bought there in Craig's list. If the site is proper and good, why lie pose as a buyer in craigslist to gain customers? Why not advertise free in Craig's list and many other sites, like very many real vendors on the internet? Why use a template, create so many emails to do the posing as a buyer? Why not register properly on Craig's List with forwarding email address through Craig's list and bypass Craig's list so they can't be traced? Why does www.retailbidday.com forward to www.bidcactus.com which has so many bad reviews? So, I choose not to go to bidcactus.com and retailbidday.com and warn everyone I know about these sites everywhere. Thank you for this site, and thank you everyone for your feedback!!!

dudes
10/10/13

this site is a SCAM!! they have backend operators constantly jacking up the price and you run out of bids. They're simply taking up $10-15 from atleast a 100 people bidding on hot items and still nobody really gets the item!

adrianb22
10/8/13

Dam. Good thing this site pop up first. That $#*! Diana, have me fool. That $#*!ing Hoe. People read all the reviews, before you there.... That $#*! is crazy Craiglist should banned them for posting bogus $#*! like that....

steveg32
10/8/13

No matter how many bids, or how long u hang in there it seems that you never win a big item (ipad for example) .
it just seems the site freezes at last bid then re load your password and item is sold, SCAM!!!! 4 times till this happened to me! can bid all day long (freezes) then bam soled!

jc73
10/3/13

I won several auctions but in over 2 months have yet to receive any of the physical items I won. I contacted them repeatedly. Some they say "you will get soon" (over 3 weeks ago), others they say, we haven't processed yet. Their stated policy says 15 days or less for delivery. It may be time to file a class action lawsuit against them.

carolb42
10/1/13

I called about an Iphone 4s on craigslist and got the same response saying she had sold it and referred me to this site

theresag5
9/25/13

Same email to me just now from Lottie Felgenhauer who also goes by Shantaallensworth2088@hotmail.com. It went like this: Hello, Someone just bought this from me, but it can tell you where I got these from. I just picked up 3 of these from cacretailer.com and I resold them on craigslist for some extra money. The trick is to watch for bidding to slow down and then jump in. That's what I do and I win most of the time. Regards
Same message as everyone else. Sounds like they pay someone to redirect you to their website from craigslist. I answered a craigslist ad for a Samsung Note 2.

paragl
9/21/13

I also got same email from Craigslist ad. Can we sue this company for defrauding people?

romang13
9/17/13

I just tried to buy a nexus 4 from Craigslist. Thank you for this site to know that it's scam. Here is the email I got from Katy Taylor wainbyers@yahoo.com

Hi A guy just bought this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.
I just got 4 of these from here retailbidcacts.com and I resold them for some extra money.

Katy

stevenm54
9/11/13

Same as alot of the others above.. Of course I started the registration process but stopped when I saw the 79.00 bid in. Was looking for a macbook pro on CL & emailed the person.. Glad I stopped and took a look before sinking funds into a lost cause bait and switch.

Diana Cyrus <thiaaymie@yahoo.com>
8:20 PM (19 minutes ago)

Hello Someone just purched this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.

Helpful answer

I was charged 18.75 for two day in a row!!! I NEVER HEARD OF THIS SITE!!!!!!! THIS SITE SHOULD & WILL BE REMOVED IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT,& BELEIVE YOU ME BY TOMORROW!!!!!! THEY MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON THIS TIME; Senator Durbin, O'BAMA OUR GOVENER & THE ATTORNEY GENERAL ARE WELL KNOWN BY ME. IT WILL STOP NOW!!!!!!!!

By Tennie G. on 4/10/10
Questions? Get answers from the BidCactus staff and other customers.

BidCactus?