US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

sandyj15
9/23/16

BidCactus has been out of business for a long time however Beezid took them over. It appears like they are now having the same problems as for I am not receiving my products. Bid on a company that has a good reputation there are a few like HappyBidDay and Bid2Save

jamaw
5/15/14

Everytime I logged in to BidCactus they had just a few auctions. Eventually they closed their doors and another penny auction site is honoring bids. Right now we have 3 bid players in the industry...HappyBidDay, Quibids and Beezid. They have all been around for over 4 years.

sherryz1
5/13/14

I won gift cards and have never received them. I had over 900 bids on my account and they are GONE. Now updating to some other site but none of my bids or my winnings transfered. They owe me gift cards and 900 bids.

ritad3
2/19/14

Over two months and I havn't recieved over 6 items I paid in full for. I will be going to paypal with a complaint as well.

frankd43
2/13/14

The Better Business Bureaus has just lowered it's rating on Bidcactus to " F" """Types of business that, in BBB experience, are believed to operate in violation of the law or materially misrepresent their products/services. Businesses that fall within this category will always get an F grade.""". Bidcactus owes me over $2000 in auction wins and unused bids, they have not shipped any of my wins and it's over 3 months now. Bidcactus is not answering there phone or e-mails; But they keep taking peoples money even today on there auction site.

matta12
2/12/14

Like others say this site is useless, only stuff to bid on is bids and gift certificates for restaurants, can't even delete account online, I won a 30 bid pack for 99 cents then figured out there ain't no more then 10 items to bid on and most were free bidding bid packs. Sent an email to have my account deleted and a refund if possible.

jeffreyw15
2/5/14

Just tried calling them about the wins I haven't received (nothing received except for bid packs since December) and got the after hours message. It is 11:30 AM EST which is well within their business hours too. Wonder how long it will be til they stop selling bids on their site. All I've seen are bids, headphones, restaurant.com cards, etc. I haven't received any if my gift cards or products. Not bidding here anymore.

I have been a BidCactus customer for about two years. The products and the way the site is run has changed substantially to the point where I am considering leaving the site/no longer doing business with this company. The site used to sell gift cards that were a reasonable value/high USEFUL value (gift cards worth $50 - $200 at times for places worth using them at). I used the site for about six months back in 2012 and didn't do half bad. I left the site in December after they started having significant delays in shipping my orders. It used to be back in the beginning you would win auctions and, like clockwork, they would be shipped the following week and it would take no more than two to three weeks to receive your order in most cases. Near the end of 2012 it got to the point where I won gift cards and it would take them two to three MONTHS to make good on my purchases.

After leaving the site, I returned a year later (left in December 2012 and returned almost exactly a year to the date in December 2013). The site has changed SUBSTANTIALLY. The company is selling bids left and right and gift cards worth maybe $10 - $100 TOPS which now come bundled with yet MORE bids. The price for bids has gone down with their "Free to Bid" auctions but now that they are selling nothing but bids the costs for the actual items they do sell have sky rocketed and the savings have gone down substantially.

As it stands right now (January 18, 2014) I am still waiting for the delivery of items I won as far back as mid-December which is when I returned to the site (I have not received a single item since the time I returned to their site). This goes for both physical items as well as the e-mail gift cards they are now selling that state they will be delivered in five business days. I have received nothing from them at all and my order statuses for every item states that it is still pending. The only items I HAVE received are... bids from the bid packs I purchased through their free to bid auctions as well as the bids that came bundled with the items I won.

Due to the excessive amount of bids that people have, I have seen many cases where two members go at it for an extended period of time and an item ends for MORE than the item is actually worth. It is mainly a contest of "who's got the most bids" around there lately and I am not pleased. I am starting to wonder if the company is slowly going out of business.

If anyone from BidCactus reads this, please reconsider the way you are conducting business as you are starting to have some VERY unsatisfied customers and are starting to lose some long time loyal customers such as myself. As I previously communicated to your customer service division, STOP SELLING SO MANY BIDS LEFT AND RIGHT AND FOCUS ON SELLING BETTER ITEMS SUCH AS THE ONES YOU USED TO SELL A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO!

robertk65
2/3/14

I have not received gift cards I have won dating back as far as January 2013.
They owe me about $1500.00 worth.
Now they will not answer their phone or reply to e-mails.
I think they are on their way out of business and the owner is just grabbing whatever money he can get.

dianer20
2/1/14

Do not give these people your money. If you win the auction, you will never receive your winnings. They are in the process of being bought out, or filing bankruptcy, although the site is still running and they will still take your money. I have been waiting almost a year to receive items won.

raymondd10
1/29/14

I got scammed from craigslist also. Was looking for a dryer. Anyhow I was gullable and joined. My 1st day on I won an aution for a Nintendo 3ds. After that I continually got into bid wars for bid packages by 2-3 people jacking prices of bid packs.
After 3 weeks of asking where my 3ds was and being told there is a disruption in supply, be patient, I sent letters demanding return of all funds. I was told basically to go diddle myself by bidcactus.com staff. I filed complaint with paypal and got every penny back. YOU HAVE TO FILE CLAIM FOR NOT RECIEVING ITEM ON EVERY PURCHASE!!!!!!! Bidcactus.com will not reply to paypal request for information and they will decide in your favor. I had my refund in 2 days after they failed to reply. I hope this helps and EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN BURNED GETS THEIR MONEY BACK. SHUT THESE CROOKS DOWN!!

deborahr9
1/28/14

I am so upset...I wish I had seen these reviews before I got caught up at bidcactus. I started out with my first experience with penny auctions in December at another site and didn't get my items as quickly as they stated so I did a search for the "best penny auction sites" and found a 3rd party review of sites which had bidcactus in the top 3 sites. So I tried it out and competition was good but not to tough so I stuck with it . What a mistake! The bids and discount coupons for purchasing bids I've won were credited immediately so I thought all was ok. I have won many items and gift cards but have not seen one!

I emailed them and they said someone from their shipping department would contact me shortly--nothing yet. I have tried to call several times but keep getting an answering machine that says I am calling at the wrong time of day even though I call during their normal business hours. I posted to their facebook page to ask them what was going on and they removed the post.

All of December and maybe the first week of Jan 2014, they had lots of gift cards at many different values and many high ticket items. But around the second week, they started just auctioning off mostly bids with one other item auction and three gift card/coupon auctions but the other items are all junk and the gift cards are the same three over and over again.

I am going to the BBB, Attorney General, PayPal, and Visa to see it I can recoup some of my loss.

What a scam!!!!! Whatever you do, don't waste your money! Ripoff!

michaelt51
1/17/14

Don't bother trying to contact these guys by phone when you haven't received your auction winnings after waiting two months. Apparently, 2pm on a Friday afternoon doesn't fall into their business hours of Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST.

lashiveyc
1/8/14

I got the same response as everyone else. I inquired about an Xbox 360 for sale on Craigslist & this is the response I got gettin some one named James Dean:

"Someone just  bought this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.
I just picked up 2 of these fromwww.productsforsell.com   and I resold them on here for some extra money.

The trick is to watch for bidding to slow down and then put in a bid. That's what I do and I win all the time.

Kind Regards

James Dean"

debbiea13
1/5/14

I also received this email after inquiring about a washer and dryer:

Someone just bought this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.
I just picked up 3 of these from www.productsforsell.com and I resold them on here for some extra money.

Best Regards

James Dean

I'm going to email Craigslist to let them know this is happening.

gefoom
1/4/14

I received email rom someone while I was looking for something on craigslist telling me how they got it for cheap, I went to the website and registered my information and right after I received an email for $79 charge, I called to cancel but they refused and I checked other reviews they do the same and even if you bid and win you will never get the item you won. Its complete scam. I suggest if this happens to you go to ic3.gov and file a complain against them and I am sure they will go to jail once we have enough complains.

heatherm28
1/3/14

I just saw that someone got same exact e-mail I did when I responded to a Craigslist ad in the Bay Area about a washer. So, it is a way they draw you into the site, and use, not at all legit in terms of them actually having a washer.

"I just sold out this to someone, but I can tell you where I got it from.
I just picked up 2 of these from www.productsforsell.com and I resold them on here for some extra money.

Kind Regards

Sent from my iPhone

denisem16
1/1/14

I just received the same response for the exact same washer & dryer set in Fort Worth! WOW!!!!

Dear denise ,

I just sold out this to someone, but I can tell you where I got it from.
I just picked up 4 of these from www.productsforsell.com and I resold them on here for some extra money.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad

mh43
12/31/13

Craiglist scam like the others from:

from <james.dean@datensafun.com> to me

angelar13
12/27/13

Pretty sneaky way of charging your credit card $79.99 without clearly showing that
before hand. So...how do you get your initial money back if you want to cancel and have made no bids ? Any advice on this please !

sluggog
12/20/13

Absolutely a bunch of crooks. Never receiving items. It says it takes 15 days to get to you and it's been over two months and still nothing and they don't know when they will get it. I have over 50 items to be shipped and they don't have one single item to me and have no idea when it will be yet they are still offering the same items of for auction right now. I have a Facebook page called bidcactus victims. Please visit so we can talk to each other about whether anybody is receiving items. I asked on their Facebook if anybody has received their items and they erased my comments. I did it two more times and they blocked me. They don't want us talking. Remember "bidcactus victims" on Facebook.

archerb9
12/17/13

So I fell for the Craigslist thing too, and got routed through several emails to the same message: "Hello Someone just purchased, but I can tell you where I got it from." Any danger if I haven't bid on the site?

BTW, other names in the email tree, Tiha Anderson at tiha3570@gmail.com, the infamous Diana Cyrus (or Jean Paul Centore) at jeanpaulcentore@yahoo.com, pala at pala9573@gmail.com, and the original CL email, louishart378@gmail.com.

krisa12
12/13/13

Receive the same email too...when I was looking into a stove posted on craigslist. The email it came from was not the email I sent it to...I replied per ad to rosesbury@gmail

Here is the CL ad which also had photos:
NEW
BRAND NAME: G.E.
$180
30" W 45" H 26" D
35 1/2" H FROM GROUND TO COOKING SURFACE
MODL# JB620GRBB
You may email me at rosesbury@gmail...........

Auto response to my CL inquiry:
James Dean <james.dean@pennycommandasap.com>

Hey (auto fill name),

I just sold out this to someone, but I can tell you where I got it from.
I just picked up 3 of these from www.productforsell.com and I resold them on here for some extra money.

Regards

Sent from my iPod

lb27
12/13/13

I reveived the same email.
Hi there

Someone just bought this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.
I just got 3 of these from cactusretailer.com and I resold them on craigslist for some extra money.

The trick is to watch for bidding to slow down and then place your bid. That's what I do and I win most of the time.
Regards

rois
12/12/13

I just received this email from Diana Cyrus <tripgiddens@yahoo.com> after inquiring about an iPad on CL. And note the same mistake "purched"

Hi A guy just purched this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from. I just got 4 of these from here retailcacts.com and I resold them for some extra money. The trick is to watch for bidding to slow down and then jump in. That's what I do and win all the time.
All the best
Diana

Sent from my iPhone

ss80
12/2/13

I was checking out a deal on an iPhone and ran into this scam. I got the same format style of email and was suspicious. Note that scammers can take it a step further to hide the fact it is bidcactus and/or to track their "scam-ees" - I was told to go to retailbidday.com not bidcactus.com and (as a web consultant) I watched the URL activity and retailbidday.com immediately redirected to bidcactus.com. That was when I was pretty sure it was a scam (although that is not always true). BTW, I am sure there are a whole lot of other URLs that people have bought to propagate this scam so if you get a different URL like I did please share it.

Here is the content of the email sent to me after responding to the ad on Craigslist:

"Hi Someone just purched this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from. I just got 4 of these from here retailbidday.com and I resold them for some extra money. The trick is to watch for bidding to slow down and then jump in. That's what I do and I win all the time."

Also note that they appear to be a sort or real penny auction site and somebody had mentioned they were rated B+ on the BBB website. I checked that out - they have a D+ rating and are not accredited with several unresolved complaints on file. The BBB rating report: http://www.bbb.org/connecticut/business-reviews/penny-auctions/bidcactus-in-westport-ct-87070255

BTW, I suggest if you run across one of these craigslist scams that you take the time to go back and FLAG the listing to have it removed. These postings are prohibited and you can just click the link at the top of the craigslist page where the post is located to have it flagged for removal.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the BidCactus staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
4/10/10
Answer
tennieg
A: I was charged 18.75 for two day in a row!!! I NEVER HEARD OF THIS SITE!!!!!!! THIS SITE SHOULD & WILL BE REMOVED IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT,& BELEIVE YOU ME BY TOMORROW!!!!!! THEY MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON THIS TIME; Senator Durbin, O'BAMA OUR GOVENER & THE ATTORNEY GENERAL ARE WELL KNOWN BY ME. IT WILL STOP NOW!!!!!!!!
1/18/10
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
LoadingLoading...
Questions? Get answers from the BidCactus staff and other customers.

BidCactus?