Review of Beds.co.uk

Beds
Tel: 0121 568 7126

lynseyl3
6/27/17

Extremely rude customer service team and very poor communication. I did not even receive a confirmation email for my order. Tried to charge me extra for delivery and when I refused to accept that they then told me the extra was for the courier company for insurance! You should be able to leave a NO STAR review for this company. Avoid avoid avoid!!!!

christyb35
6/26/17

I read all the bad reviews and I decided to take a chance and it was the worst mistake really don't buy From this company We got our furniture next day delivery, when we open the first box the furniture was damaged, after we struggle to assemble the furniture ( was a nightmare ), we found out the glass for the table didn't fit, we called to the company and they ask us to put everything back in the box, we got a text saying that we will get a delivery between 7:00 am to 12:00 pm, they come at 6:30am, just with the glass we ask him to let us to open the box and give him the glass for exchange and he said he is too busy he can't wait ( 5 min ), they came 30 min before, then my time is not important just theirs, I have to call back and explained the situation they arrange to make a new delivery today ( monday) they delivery the box and just, when they left we open the box and was incomplete, we call the guy straight away no more than 5 min and ask him if he can come back for get the pieces are missing, and he said not, call back costumer service.

Yes is a cheap furniture and you notice that straight away in the quality, but is cheap too the service you will get, one week after we still can't use our set of furniture, for the poor quality of the service of the people that work in this place.

janinee6
6/25/17

I had placed an order on 17th June with beds.co.uk. me and my partner needed a new bed, ours had broken and we had been sleeping on a mattress for a week already.My mum had sent over a link to beds.co.uk and they were brilliant prices. I didn't look at the reviews at the time because I thought my mum had known someone who got a bed off of the site. So on the Saturday we thought we would order it for the following Saturday 24th June as we were both off work, could get it up the stairs together instead of paying the extra £30 and we were already on a mattress for a week so we thought no harm for another week. On Friday 24th we got a email and text from them telling us our time slot 7am till 12 midday. we were both up. my partner was going to go to the tip with our mattress but I told him not to go incase the bed arrives. It gets to half 12 and there still is no bed so we try to ring the delivery company... no answer I kept getting cut off so then my partner rang beds.co.uk. the gentleman he spoke to was so rude, kept getting spoken over didn't listen to anything he had to say. He was pleading for the bed to come that we would hire a van and pick it up ourselves and they can reimburse us as we knew where they were based they said that they didn't keep the beds at the warehouse. We were then told the van had 40 beds in it... then we were told the driver had an accident on the motorway, all lies to make us feel bad that we were angry. I then started looking at the reviews and told my partner to cancel the bed as there were some terrible ones and we didn't want to be in the same position we told them we wanted the refund straight away on the Saturday absolutely nothing. I'm so worried I won't get the money back just thankful I payed through PayPal and will be opening a dispute and will be going to watchdog as this company needs to be closed down so it doesn't happen to anyone else! this place doesn't deserve 1 star. Stay away I have learnt my lesson. we have now ordered a bed from a store and will be getting it next weekend so another week on a mattress

markb407
6/24/17

Beds.co.uk appears to be a scam. Link goes through to a Co called Premier Deliveries. Delivery Status which supposedly shows your expected delivery date simply states 'Pending Delivery Date' and if you try to opt for a date in a dropdown underneath stating 'Choose Delivery Date' every single date is unavailable and greyed out. There are also 3 links at the top of this page stating 'About - Service - Contact'. None of these links clicks through to anything. In other words a SCAM.
Reporting them to Visa Fraud on the telephone as I type. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

elizabethm216
6/23/17

Im so glad to all the people whom have bought beds from this Company posted here !! Buyer beware you guys just saved me 399.00 - virtual beers all around. The older saying.. 'If you buy cheap.. You buy twice' I'm sure some beds are good (being kept secret somewhere over the rainbow) but I had a horrid feeling just a small post cheers

sr451
6/21/17

Awful company. Delivered wrong bed. Promised correct replacement would be delivered between 1 and 4pm a week later. Then they tried to deliver at 10.30. Called up to complain and was told "we can't keep trying to deliver it", and "we can't promise delivery time", despite my being promised exactly that a week before.

Now they expect me to take a day off to be in all day for the pick up of their mistake. If I'm not there then I'm stuck with the wrong bed which doesn't fit in the room. Total bunch of cowboys. Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

If I don't get the bed I paid and ordered, I will be taking legal action.

katrinah23
6/9/17

Worst company I have ever had to deal with. Three deliveries and still not fit for purpose received. Just been told a refund has not been authorised which was promised in an email 10 days ago DO NOT BUY from these people

debraf18
6/8/17

Do not order from these , they take your money then use different delivery companies to send the mattress and the frame ..... communication is poor .... ending up with mattress delivered one day and no sign of the frame .... still waiting

geoffb16
6/7/17

mattress is dipped both sides its a double i dont sleep on 2 sides through the night thats the 1st night only getting worse I think its a
recycled spring with new cover.its supposed to be a 2000 pocket sprung .when i can buy a new replacement from another supplier i will cut it open to see whats inside.disappointed

jackies87
6/3/17

Bed base looks like an old orange crate of split inferior wood with inferior board covering. (Actually it would be too flimsy to hold oranges!!) Fabric that is frayed and so thin you can see through it. All very badly stapled together - Including the bed base drawers. On their website it clearly states: Outstanding quality and that So much care into selecting our furniture makes us confident that you will be pleased with the product. In my case these statements are misleading & completely false. Wish I'd seen the reviews before purchasing. If they don't refund I'll be off to trading standards as they clearly breech the sale of goods act.

martinh94
5/31/17

Ordered 8 piece Rattan set online, asked to confirm order with an email, no problem. All parts were there even a couple of extra screws, excellent quality. Great price and fast delivery. Delivery within 24 hours on Saturday morning which I selected, driver called 15 mins before delivery..........would definitely use this company again.

Tip for consumers: .

jdph
5/28/17

Yep, terrible experience. Read the reviews and had a long hard think about whether to order or not but went ahead and did it because I was desperate for a quick cheap bed when I first moved in to my new place.. believe the reviews people..

kayk29
5/26/17

Ordered a prado leather look bed last weekend, and took delivery of it today. No problem with getting a delivery slot. I received both texts and emails regarding the day and time slot. The delivery driver rang me when he was 15 mins away.
Very polite man who delivered the bed and he even took all the boxes upstairs for me.
All the pieces were there and the bed went together reasonably easily, seeing as I fitted it all myself.
Only snag was the mattress. It stinks! Kind of a fishy smell. Apart from that, I like it. Yet to sleep in it so will reserve my judgement on the quality.

ninae17
5/25/17

this has to be worst mattress ive slept on. said it was memory foam delux but more like sleeping on concrete!

elainec55
5/25/17

I ordered a 3000 pocket sprung, memory topped mattress. When it arrived the quality was so poor that we couldn't even work out which side the foam was supposed to be on. I called them immediately to arrange to return the item (this was on 28th April - its now the 22nd May) and am still waiting for them to contact me. You can't get through by phone and they don't return emails. Will now be taking matter to Trading Standards and Advertising Authority plus credit card provider to try and get full refund. Whatever you do do not order anything from this company unless your happy with very poor quality and can afford to waste your money!

stevec207
5/24/17

Absolutely terrible. The worst company I have had the unpleasure of dealing with. Avoid Like the plague.. Should not be allow to trade they sell low quality and sub-standard products and do not back up their one year warranty.. I am reporting to trading standard and national media today!. Jokers!!

sk561
5/20/17

I bought a 2000 pocket sprung mattress with memory foam from Beds.co.uk, and hands down it has been the worst mistake I've made this year. Although the mattress looked ok on receiving it and unwrapping, when you lay side by side on the on the bed, you were both thrown into the centre of the bed; bare in mind this was suppose to be pocket sprung which is developed to keep the bodies independent when laid upon!
Obviously we were unhappy about this but gave it a second nights trial, and still woke up achy and unrested. The worst part is dealing with Beds.co.uk's after sales team, firstly they will pas you around the office , with almost insulting excuses, then there are calls for photographic evidence, that they don't reply to and eventually promising numerous call backs that never materialise.
Even when Paypal were involved to resolve the issue, their calls for fair play were dismissed. If it wasn't For my diligence, Paypals backing, and a fantastic courier that returned it back to them with photographic evidence (Beds...will try and deny you trying to return their shoddy items) a month and a bit down the line I can finally wash my hands of these charlatans.

ginah29
5/20/17

I have NEVER wrote a review for any company as I don't normally have the time or head space to go those lengths. However, on this occasion have I never been so dissapointed at a companies most appalling service as this. DO NOT BUY A BED FROM THIS COMPANY. They have delivered the wrong most chappies the bed to me and have constantly promised to correct order... they haven't they have just lied and lied.

angryc45
5/17/17

They delivered a bed without the parts to fix it. They also delivered a drawer that was broken. When I called them to send the parts to fix the bed and replace the broken drawer, they said it was sent but I never received them. It has been over 3 weeks and still I have no bed to sleep on, because the parts were not delivered.

I called them about this issue to the point they started to ignore my calls and hung up on me. I am unable to reach anyone who actually knows what they are doing or talking about. I still have no bed to sleep on, not even a refund or any persons I can speak to as I am constantly getting transferred or ignored.

I feel the company is fraudulent and they need to be reported to the trading standards!

DO NOT ORDER from them!!

staceyc41
5/16/17

I have waited all day for a delivery of a mattress and it didn't come! I got an email confirmation yesterday that it would be here and I have moved furniture around. Waste of time! The phone line is supposed to be open until 5.30 but it was switched off all day...is this even a really company? Do not order from these fraudsters!!!

wendyd53
5/13/17

Awful service from an awful company who takes orders for beds they haven't got in stock..............................

graemec5
5/11/17

Currently awaiting my refund a week after requesting them to cancel the items. I spoke to someone on the phone regarding an order I placed on Thursday April 27th. Although I had seen the same bed cheaper on amazon, I elected to order from beds.co.uk as it was advertised with next day delivery (and I ordered before midday) & my previous bed broke so I was left to sleep on a mattress on the floor. The bed didn't arrive on Friday leaving me sleeping on the mattress on the floor every night until The Tuesday when I could contact them again. I was also working that morning and missed the delivery of the bed (which was expected 4 days before). Beds.co.uk and the courier company then said they can't deliver the bed until Friday this week (again... Dont advertise next day deliver if not possible), leaving me bedless again. When I called again the person on your phone told me he couldn't do anything because "I just work here."
I then asked to cancel my order and asked for a full refund to be told they cant do this because the missed delivery is my fault and there will now be a £29 charge to rearrange delivery.
Just no help or Amy level of customer service.

mossm3
5/10/17

Great delivery and price..........................but after a few uses of a 5ft , 1500 pocket sprung mattress, it has crators and lumps and even kids complain. after 1 year of owning it and maybe 6 weeks of use, i am ready to dump it, shocking bad quality.

craigw66
5/8/17

We purchased a bed and mattress for my brother from beds.co.uk before we saw the negative reviews. Naturally, after reading the reviews we were quite concerned that we'd get messed around - this didn't happen. We called the following day and were given our delivery date. The day before delivery we received a text confirmation stating approx delivery time. On the day of delivery the driver called, who was very polite, to advise that he was 10 mins away from the property. The bed is now up and my brother is very happy!!

ts223
5/4/17

WE ORDERED A KING SIZE MATTRESS ON SUNDAY , ADVISED BY EMAIL OUR ORDER AND PROMPLY THE SAME DAY HAD ANOTHER EMAIL SAYING THE MATTRESS WAS ON ITS WAY, HAD A CALL FROM THE DRIVER THE DAY BEFORE TELLING US OF THE TIME SLOT, ALL DELIVERED ON TIME, NO DAMAGE, GOOD QUALITY, OVERALL EXCELLENT SERVICE. THE COMPANY IS CORRECT THAT YOU GET NEGATIVE REVIEWS ON THE SITE WHEN THINGS ARE WRONG AND WHEN THEY HAVE HAD GOOD SERVICE PEOPLE TEND NOT TO WRITE A POSITIVE REVIEW. OUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY WAS FANTASTIC, WE ARE HAPPY WITH OUR MATTRESS EXCELLENT QUALITY, AND I WOULD NOT THINK TWICE ABOUT ORDERING FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN. WELL DONE BED.CO.UK ON A DESERVED PRAISE ON YOUR PRODUCT AND ALSO YOUR DELIVERY STAFF.

Helpful answer

Hello, Thank you for your enquiry. I can assure you that the items we sell are very good quality and we do sell over 1,000 items per day to people all over the U.K. We have recently been struggling with our review sites due the fact that we have not spent much time collecting positive reviews from happy customer, and it tends to be the unhappy customer who leave reviews. We do our best to resolve any problems presented to us by customers, and have spent a lot of time and investment on our staffing and products. Our customer service team are there for the customers from beginning to end and continue to support customer up to twelve months after purchase. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us on 0121 526 7305 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm or send us another message. Kind regards, Terri

By Terri B. [Beds.co.uk Rep] on 4/1/17

i read peoples comments i m scared to buy mattress 3000 sprung

By mizz s. on 4/1/17
Helpful answer

Hi there Please see other review sites to see actual reviews from customer who have purchased from us.

By Terri B. [Beds.co.uk Rep] on 2/19/17
Helpful answer

Had refund from PayPal, not the company. PayPal to their credit, gave me a full refund whereas the company wanted to take off £49 to return an item that in no way reflected what I thought I had bought

By Angela W. on 1/23/17
Helpful answer

Once a refund has been authorised it will take 2-5 working days for the funds to return to your account. Kind regards, Terri

By Terri B. [Beds.co.uk Rep] 4 days, 10 hours ago
Helpful answer

Hello, If you could please forward images over to sales@beds.co.uk we will look into this for you as soon as possible. Kind regards, Terri

By Terri B. [Beds.co.uk Rep] 5 days ago
Helpful answer

Hello, As discussed via telephone your delivery is booked for 8th April. Thank you for your order and if you do have any further enquiries please call us on 0121 526 7305 (direct line) Kind regards, Terri

By Terri B. [Beds.co.uk Rep] on 3/30/17
Helpful answer

Hello, Thank you for your enquiry. They may not be any reviews yet on this particular item, however if you do require any further information or would like to ask any specific questions about this item please free to either post on here, where the public can see and comment, or give us a call to speak to one of our many experts on 0121 568 7126. Kind regards, Terri

By Terri B. [Beds.co.uk Rep] on 3/18/17
Helpful answer

Hi there William, Please e-mail me at julie@beds.co.uk with you delivery postal code r order number and I will get this looked into. Kind Regards Julie

By Terri B. [Beds.co.uk Rep] on 3/12/17
Helpful answer

Hi there, Please e-mail me at Julie@beds.co.uk with your complaint. Kind Regard Julie

By Terri B. [Beds.co.uk Rep] on 3/12/17
Questions? Get answers from the Beds.co.uk staff and other customers.

17 Photos for Beds.co.uk