Review of Beds.co.uk

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

gemmah8
4/21/17

I spent ages looking for a nice but moderately priced storage bed before i came across the *** - I opted for a nice pocket sprung mattress and the whole package came to about £350. I was impressed that the beds were available next day but as i work full time i needed to organised a day off to be in for delivery so arranged delivery for approx 2 weeks later. During that time I happened to check the T&Cs of the delivery service and noted that the service is meant to be a 2 person service but unfortunately were under no obligation to take the bed further than the communal door of a property!! I live up 3 flights of stairs so this was quite shocking to read. I kept in mind that it would be a 2 person delivery and if i asked/offered a little extra they wouldn't mind bringing the bed up as I live alone. Boy was i wrong! i got buzzed by the courier demanding i meet him at the communal front door, he would only deliver to the outside of the communal door (not even in the lobby) and he was, in fact, alone. i asked for help getting the bed upstairs and offered the delivery driver money but was refused. I was forced to move an entire double bed and mattress up 3 flights of stairs alone - utterly disgusted.

after eventually getting the bed up to my flat (after an hour of trying), i set about assembling the bed (something I wasn't sure i would have to do given the description of the bed never suggested whether it would come as an assembled frame or not). The bed came in so many parts and a lot of places where screws were required did not have a marking or the start of a pre-drilled hole. By the end of the day I had an assembled bed - but aching muscles and hands that lasted 3 days. Although everything was done 'by the book' by the company - I wouldn't buy from them again.

waseema6
4/21/17

Ordered beds for delivery the next day. Informed will be arriving between 6-12midday. Delivery did not arrive, after calling beds.co.uk I was informed oh the items were not loaded on the van so we have to rearrange delivery. Neither did beds.co.uk or premier deliveries have the courtesy to call and inform me.

Delivery rearranged for following week Tuesday between 12 and 6. I called the delivey company at 3pm to get an update who advised me that delivery will be amde between 5 and 6 as driver stuck in traffic.Driver did not turn up.
Following day beds.co.uk rang and informed me that one of the beds is out of stock. All this time in between the manager and the staff didnt even think to tell me it was out of stock. Apparently they will take orders even if the bed is out of stock and inform you it is in stock. The manager arguement is orders placed befor yours are dealt first. which makes sense but aint you heard of stock take. Surely those sold before my order are taken of the stock available. The whole lot of am are dishonest. They will tell you lies from staff to manager. i advise you stay well away. will reporting the company further.

Tip for consumers: Stay Away

tv35
4/19/17

DO NOT BUY! Sorry for the long review but I needed to provide everything to show the poor service and time spent trying to sort this out.
At least 20 phone calls lasting 20-30 minutes each time. And I do not have the time to sit through the amount of emails I have sent!

I ordered a bed stupidly as beds.co.uk falsely advertise the offers with a time limit for an amazing offer!
The bed I ordered is still on offer 7 weeks later so firstly do not fall for the lies of the ticking clock on the website.

Fair enough the bed was delivered, no damage to the packaging. We moved into our new home, unwrapped the bed -
The drawer was broken. The front was hanging off.
The headboard bolts didn't fit the threads inside the bed.
The thread bolt inside the bed was loose so even if the bolts fitted the threads the headboard would of been loose.

I rang beds.co.uk no answer for 30 minutes (was a Saturday which they claim after sales don't work but are there to take in new orders surprisingly)
Rang and emailed the following week. Staff very helpful, promised to get issue resolved and apologised.
3/4 weeks later after repeated emails, copy and paste responses I have the suppliers texting and emailing me to replace the broken drawer only.

I again rang beds.co.uk and requested a new bed base as this one is broken and I can't attach the headboard. They attempted to resolve by sending new threads out so I could use a pair of pliers and replace the threads myself.
After much frustration of trying to explain it's not just the threads it's the actual bolt inside that's loose so even if I exchanged the threads the headboard would not attach due to the loose bolt they eventually agreed to exchange the bed base.

Why they thought I would exchange the threads myself when I have paid for a brand new bed and a headboard that were being sold together. You would expect that the headboard would attach to the bed it was being advertised with, surely?

They assured me that the replacement drawer would be cancelled and a new bed base will be delivered.

That week I received further text messages of the drawer being delivered. I rang twice out of courtesy to inform them that I was still receiving correspondence about the drawer to which I was reassured it was cancelled. I also emailed out of courtesy to cancel the drawer again to which I had a response of acknowledgement.
That week a delivery driver was ringing me outside my home while I was at work asking me where I was as he had a drawer to be replaced. I apologised on beds.co.uk behalf and explained to him that it had been cancelled days before.

Anyway I waited and waited and sent numerous emails to beds.co.uk requesting them for a delivery date to exchange the broken bed. I informed them that I had contacted an ombudsman and Citizens Advice Bureau had been contacted and a request of a contact within beds.co.uk in relation to complaints I was finally given a contact (lady who deals with complaints on here)

Complaints lady provided me with a delivery date which was on Saturday. On Saturday I sat in all day and finally at 3pm the drivers arrived. They packaged my broken bed and provided a new bed.

No damage to the packaging I signed for the delivery. Quickly unwrapped the bed as the drivers were still in the van outside the house.

I COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT I WAS SEEING!

This bed was more broken than the bed we had just helped them to package back up and take away!
It was a different bed altogether, the material to the base was not the same as the first one.
The wooden frame was bent and clearly out of place.
The material on the frame loosely fitted and wrinkled.
Black marks all over the material.
The material was torn and worn in places.
It was stained.
The staples were loose and sticking out at the bottom of the bed.

We could not even use this bed base due to damage to the carpet of the loose staples and the fact the actual frame was broken we couldn't put a mattress on top of it.

I was on the phone to the delivery drivers who had just pulled off while my partner rang beds.co.uk.
The delivery drivers refused come back saying they were on the road. (They must of only been at the end of the road)
I begged them to come back, they kept putting the phone down on me!

30 minutes later I spoke to a lady at beds.co.uk who was very apologetic and sympathised with us. I asked her where I was to sleep that night as we now didn't have a bed to sleep on. I discussed a hotel but she would not confirm I would be refunded the cost.
She promised me a call back on the Sunday from a colleague who would be able to speak direct to the suppliers to sort this out.

I waited until 11:30 on the Sunday and still no call.
I rang the call centre and spoke to a Male manager who irritated me quite a lot. He spoke over me, would not allow me to finish a sentence, was very unprofessional, sarcastic, he is a manager and no other manager works there apart from him. Would not provide any other contact details for other persons who deal with complaints. Says the complaints lady is just a supervisor who can't deal with this complaint.
He said there would be no call backs on a Sunday. He offered a refund and collection of the bed and my money would be refunded 3-5 working days later.
No compensation due to company policy.
I am not surprised with this to be honest as this company would pay out more in compensation due to the poor quality of the products and customer service.

It was agreed to issue half the refund on the Sunday and half once the bed was returned.

I pleaded by email on Monday for the complaints lady to ring me and discuss what had happened on the Saturdays delivery but she refused to communicate with me further as she could not over-ride what the male manager had decided. I merely wanted to speak to someone else about the weekends disappointment not over-ride any decisions. I was having a refund and the broken bed returned. I just wanted someone to acknowledge the problem and prevent this from happening again. No one takes ownership of a problem you just get passed around and around and they just blame it on the suppliers constantly. Complaints lady advised her job is to monitor the reviews that are put online.
WOW - a full time employee to monitor and respond to reviews --- that's a lot of complaints!

I have had a stressful 6 weeks trying to sort this out and furthermore the last 5 days have been hell wondering if my money was to be refunded.

This is the worse decision i have made ordering from this company and I wish to god I had taken on board the reviews.
I have always thought to myself that people go out of their way to make a complaint and leave a poor review and not many people make time to leave a good review. But I will be honest I think all the complaints on here are from genuine customers who have been treated extremely poorly by this company.

Second review site identified with a second person responding to reviews and complaints - it would be more beneficial to employ staff to focus more on the quality of goods being delivered than monitoring reviews posted by upset, disappointed customers!

YOU WILL BE EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED ORDERING FROM THIS COMPANY.

emmaf39
4/18/17

Well I can honestly say that I have never ever received such poor customer service or paid for such a poor quality product. The below is the actual sequence of events fact.
1. I ordered a new double bed to be delivered the day I moved into a new house. The bed was due to be delivered by 2pm
2. At 12 oclock I called the company just to check
3. I was told sorry the bed was not put onto the lorry what ??
4. The phone then went dead. I sat waiting for them to call back. They didnt. I called back and was told the same story. Delivery was rearranged for 2 days later. 2 days of sleeping on the floor
5. I rearranged a work meeting and took a days holiday to take delivery of the bed
6. On the morning of the supposed delivery I checked my emails to only discover an email informing that the bed would not be delivered for another 2 days.
7. I called the company obviously not happy and requesting some compensation
8. The compensation was £15 and agreement that the delivery people would bring the bed up the stairs ?!?
9. Day of delivery. I receive a phone call from the driver asking if there is someone at my home to lift the bed ?!?
10. The bed eventually arrives. Well most of it
a. The bed requires 8 castors. It came with 4
b. The headboard requires 4 screws to fix it with the bed. It came with 2
c. The bed comes in 2 parts and requires 2 bolts to keep it together. It came with 1
This is one of the most stressful retail experiences I have gone through. I cannot believe this company is still operating. STAY AWAY

ians93
4/15/17

I ordered the 2000 spring ortho at £245 on the 6th April. With prompt payment. I received a phone call on the 11th to say it will be delivered the next day. A phone call from them on that day saying problems with delivery and it will be delivered the following day. So I waited in again this being my 2nd day off work only to receive this item. No delivery not even a phone call this time. I waited till the next day now being Saturday 14th I phoned the office and they told me its not there usual delivery service and they will resolve it. I shall give it till Monday for it to be resolved either by the bed i ordered being delivered that day or a full refund if it is a good review on its way if not. Then I shall contact PayPal. My bank,trading standards and my solicitor. Mr Smithson. Bd4 8ey.

imrank32
4/15/17

I bought a double bed divan with storage drawers and within a couple of months the base had sagged & deformed.. upon inspection the base was made of cardboard type panel which was only supported at two points and was totally incapable of supporting any normal weight mattress and occupants!.. bed is totally unfit for purpose and when I called the customer service and eventually spoke to an advisor (after around 45 minutes!) I was told that the bed had no warranty!!! Upon remonstrating that the bed was unfit for purpose I was told that I would be contacted... am still waiting after a month! Incredible that a supposedly reputable online retailer can treat customers this way!

lorrainek14
3/31/17

Bought mattress may 2016. Faulty and replaced September 2016. 2nd mattress faulty. No answer to calls emails and complaint letters as I have a year guarantee confirmed in email on replaced faulty mattress. Now having treatment on back. Orthopaedic mattress is a nonsense. Con artist

am9056
3/29/17

I must say I am extremely impressed at the service I have received from start to finish. Ordered a Rimini 4 drawer sleigh bed with a memory foam mattress. Was advised of a delivery day the same day. Was advised by premier deliveries of my time slot and the driver called me 15 minutes before he arrived. The driver was really helpful in assisting me with the bed into my home. On assembling the bed I found I was missing a few screws. I contacted there customer service department who were extra helpful and apologetic. They posted my screws to me which I received within 2 days. Excellent service all round I will recommend beds.co.uk to my friends and family. To future customers, I was a little put out off by the reviews but only had a small budget for a new bed. They were the best price so took a leap of faith. There service has been great.

kerryg12
3/28/17

Ordered bed frame and mattress on the evening of 20-3-17 could of had delivery on the 22nd but put it off until the 25th as was decorating and having new carpet put down !
Had text to say would be delivered between 7-12 , it arrived at 6-45am, really impressed with quality of bed frame and mattress and will be recommending www.beds.co.uk to friends and family. Thankyou so much first class service.

garyd93
3/28/17

goods as described
Prompt delivery
Delivered on time/day specified
Overall very good shopping experience

lucyg23
3/27/17

SCAM- DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY.

I love a bargain and trust me it is not worth it in this case both on quality and customer service. So stressful getting the items I ended up crying - no one needs that moving house.

Took a day off work for bed to arrive, van arrived and they had forgotten to put the bed in it.

When bed arrived it was broken - took two months to organise the exchange. They delivery guy then refused to help me (a small girl) move the broken bed downstairs and I cut myself deeply in the process of trying to do so.

Mattress arrived and was also terrible quality - had a massive dip in the middle.

Customer service completely disorganise and lack any care.

paulk181
3/26/17

Ordered the bed and was received within 3 days. Excellent service, Took approximately 45mins-1hour to assemble which isn't bad considering I'm not Bob the builder, memory foam mattress is extremely comfy

judithm61
3/26/17

Received bed and mattress from beds.co.uk ... Really surprised and pleased with the quality of the items for the money I payed. Fast free delivery...Win Win situation

phillipl30
3/26/17

Easy simple and effective, can't complain at that.
Product was delivered very quickly and as discribed

charliem67
3/25/17

I was cery impressed with the item and the customer service advisors were great! I will be returning to the site in june to purchase a rattan set!

catherines79
3/24/17

After being disappointed with the coiled sprung thin layer of memory foam mattress for new triple bunk bed I received a phone call to discuss & was advised to try the memory foam mattress instead. It quickly arrived & im very happy to say that's it's perfect. Thank you.

ghittab
3/20/17

UPDATE: 20 March 2017

After my last review left re: Beds.co.uk, they finally within 20 minutes of putting the review online, got back to me.

I can now happily say that they arranged a speedy re-deliver of the correct bed, which I have now received.

This was followed-up by more calls from management apologising and checking I have received my bed.

The issue has thankfully now been resolved in a speedy way and further action will be taken to investigate why this has happened and to prevent something similar from happening again in future to other customers.

It's a shame it took my review to have this issue resolved, but hopefully now this will never happen again and I thank them for this speedy resolution, which is greatly appreciated.

Oct 2016:
I ordered a grey, ottoman double bed in Oct 2016. The bed arrived, but was pink, not an ottoman and a super king!

I rearranged for delivery after being on hold to the company for 28mins.

November 2016:
The grey ottoman arrived. I'm not familiar with FEET so assumed it was the right bed.

We put the bed together (which took about 1 hour to do only to realise once we had the mattress on that it was a KING bed.

25mins on hold I finally managed to get a collection and redelivery arranged .... for JAN 2017!
WE had to however take the bed apart again and try and fit it back into the boxes.

13 Jan 2017.
I called them to double check and ensure the collection and delivery of the DOUBLE bed is arriving the next day and was assured it is.

14 Jan 2017
Waited at home all day from 7am-7pm. No bed. No collection.

16 Jan
Called them 5x.
Bed was not delivered as is now out of stock until March so they decided not to collect the other bed either.

21 Jan.
Bed collected 4pm. Waited at home all day.

I also asked for a refund and was told it will take place in a few days.

9 March 2017.
I called them after realising I have still not received my refund.
They said they have a delivery scheduled for me for 18 March, hence no refund. I wasn't even aware of that!
I decided to wait for delivery. Asked them to double check that a DOUBLE bed will be delivered to me.

18 March 2017
Bed just arrived. It's a KING!!!!

stefana18
3/19/17

Really fast delivery , price was good and communication super ! Is second time when I buy from them .... and I think next week again !

carols188
3/12/17

I am very pleased with the whole experience of ordering to the delivery of my 3000 Jupitor Sprung Orthopedic Mattress. i slept better than i have for years on it last night and i hope it stays like that for a few years to come . Thank you very much Beds.co.uk

leighannt
3/12/17

I had already places my order when i found this site so was very worried when I seen these reviews. Delivery excellent especially considering it was free. Got email confirmation and text and a time slot of between 0800 and 1400 it came at 11.15. Delivery men carried it to my door(I am in a third floor flat) No damage to packaging and all pieces seem to be there. Would recommend to other people

juliev27
3/8/17

I so happy with my 2 double divan beds I had delivered today excellent value for money ,, would defiantly use beds.co.uk again , delivered like the company said the deliver driver was so helpful and friendly

emilyw78
3/8/17

so I wrote a previous review where Julie as commented stating they are given me an exchange a full refund and £50 compensation !!! That was a lie !!!when they saw my first review they black mailed me and advised they would only give me my £50 compensation I already been offered on a previous complaint if I removed my review or amended to say I was happy. They also advised they would refund half then on that day then half after the collect the bed. I refused and said I would do this once they have kept they promises. They have now advised im not getting my refund until the bed is collect and as I did not remove my review they wont be compensating me!!! So I asked for the transcript of the calls where the promises where made to be advised they only keep them for 24-48 hours. So heads up if you ring them state in the call you want the recording. I still think that rubbish as working in a call centre I know it takes longer then 24hours to get the call on cd but hey ho, liars will be liars. I have now taken my to CEO who Claire and if I don't get anyone I have confirmed with a solicitor im in my rights to take it. I will post picture on this site to prove what lairs there are with their emails below.

lh74
3/7/17

We ordered our bed and got it within a few days, it took about an hour and a half to put it together then a couple of hours to wait for the mattress to expand but it was well worth the wait.

carolynm81
3/7/17

Ordered a king size memory foam mattress, it's great, brilliant price and arrived on time.
I would definitely order from beds.co.uk again

faikk
3/6/17

Ordered an ottoman leather bed. Came very quick and pleased with the customer service. Have ordered before also and have found them very usefull.

14 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Beds.co.uk staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
emm2281
Em M.
3 weeks, 5 days ago
Answer
terrib46
Terri B. [Beds.co.uk Rep]
A: Hello, Thank you for your enquiry.
I can assure you that the items we sell are very good quality and we do sell over 1,000 items per day to people all over the U.K. We have recently been struggling with our review sites due the fact that we have not spent much time collecting positive reviews from happy customer, and it tends to be the unhappy customer who leave reviews. We do our best to resolve any problems presented to us by customers, and have spent a lot of time and investment on our staffing and products. Our customer service team are there for the customers from beginning to end and continue to support customer up to twelve months after purchase.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us on 0121 526 7305 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm or send us another message.

Kind regards,
3 weeks, 5 days ago
Answer
donj50
DON J.
A: you should be suspicious
1 day, 23 hours ago