US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

bm89
2/10/17

Badly and cheaply put together website. Appalling lack of security. Wanton abuse of member data. Manipulative payment processes. Shows people online when they are not online. Messaging is just the greatest mess ever - does not keep inline conversations so interaction between two people generates a new conversation each time a message is sent - this is just awful - basic low level programming and site build. Clunky outdated interface generally - not one bit intuitive or easy to use. Randomly generates 'new' accounts against old email addresses to try to lure back old members. Stores Financial information and bills in advance on a recurring basis without consulting members. Bills for add-ons that have not been requested and blatantly insists that members must have clicked on the added features therefore cannot have a refund. Requires specific email to support to de-activate a profile but does not advise that it is also required that a member request absolute removal of all data - specifically - email, card data, photos etc, in compliance with data protection law which should be a foregone and therefore respectful and customer centric conclusion if a member chooses to leave the site. To be trawled, stalked and scammed after requesting to leave is a nasty and underhand way to do 'business'. The site is an awful mess - it is a huge scam and in fact populated by an awful lot of personal scammers sadly.
Dreadful site - do your research and use a more professional - customer focussed service if online dating is something you want to try seriously. If you just want to troll and hang in dodgy chatrooms, have nothing better to do, and money to waste then by all means give it a go.

gigis5
8/5/16

I have been receiving emails from this site and I have never even signed up. I have no idea where they got my email address. They have sent me emails about my account username and password. It looks like they have set up an account for me to try and lure me into their site which made me suspicious of their intention - to rip money off me, that is!!!

johnb627
6/27/16

Do not use

jerrya26
10/7/15

I was very cross with Anotherfriend .com ,I cancel my account and they keep my card details and bill my account again .after I cancel everything .jer in tipp

bobs170
8/13/15

wants nothing but money from you. Absolutely worthless website

seand29
7/4/15

I finished with this site..just found out they supspened my account again for asking a ladie if she would like my phone number..rip off Ireland again..

sandrao7
2/8/15

bloody rip off , how can this be allowed to go on, not sure if you talking to a computer or real people, you get to message them and then you are blocked and always asking you to pay money to continue, i will spread the word on sites and will email the irish news papers to tell them them to warn people of this sham of a site, playing with people's feelings, you money making fu-kers

shannonr23
1/4/15

Clunky site. They suspend you if you mention ANY geography in an email. They don't tell you why you are suspended. Fascist basically. Read the T&C and you realize you will never get away from them. Like willingly marrying an abusive person. There are other sites that are far better.

darrenl15
12/19/14

I was a member of AnotherFriend on a couple of occasions. It was only when i was getting close to people in conversation that they suspended my account in order to extract upgraded membership. I found this to be a very callous way by the site to get people to upgrade. Another issue i had with the site was there automatic repeat billing policy which is in the small print where deactivating you're profile does not cancel repeat billing. Beware of this as personal e-mail to Anotherfriend is the only way to cancel repeat billing.

eilism
12/12/14

I think there should be a lobbying group effort set up around this online entity there is no business model except fund extractraction. Dating site this is not the service as a platform for singles works when you have customers who perceive value and it is an authentic experience.

I was joined years back and then it seemed OK since then I have seen it obviously bleeding subscriptions due to abysmal service and its fake profiling and spamming. These guys and you can track down the two owners via linkedin should be seriously brought to task as I imagine the resources these guys have fraudulently extracted runs into a lot of money.

For me it is principle I got caught on 1 month promotion subscription and then matter of duplicate account being set up and they having two accounts to help themselves to funds from. I found they inadvertently activated accounts a year or so down the road and started helping themselves to premium plus fees of course both showed up differently as did the total in the accounts.

These guys do not operate under dd appeals process but continuous payment authority hence it took me a while to track down how I get the bank to chase these guys. The continuous payment authority is open and these guys are taking advantage i.e. they can present your details anytime no question and help themselves to your money.

Of course when I asked them where and when did I opt in I did not use the site as it had no credibility with me I go no response. When I threatened the bank appeals route they told me they could not offer refund because I had regularly logged on - I said inadvertently in response to spam. This does not constitute an explanation of reactivation of service nor does it justify use of a service sending emails and logging directly onto site is - I was offered a quarters subscription fee refund 54.75 they had taken some 300,

These are complete fraudsters and I think this would make an interesting article for one of the papers exactly why people need to be careful with such cowboy operations as there is no regulator and trying to find the process to escalate an appeal is not easy to find.

There is though via your bank and chargeback appeals form. Exercise your right and enough people doing so will get enough traction to shut these guys down. Banks also need to review who they give continuous authority to as these guys should be regulated and audit trail provided of where consumers opted in and how their opt out with sla's was executed.

I am disgusted with this crowds level of contempt for any business morality.

kenl26
8/10/14

A site whose whole purpose is to get you to part with as much money as possible using devious and unscrupulous methods, I was one of those unfortunates who became a paid member but when I realised the fine women that were contacting me were but fictional characters developed by the staff of Anotherfriend I reverted to standard membership because what was said is true there is some genuine members there and I enjoy the banter but I would advise against giving a company that lies and deceives money.

tc38
7/4/14

agree with everyone here,what they say, ive been getting loads of so called messages,flirts and other rubbish when I go to have a look at the sender it says
"this user is no longer a member or has de-activated their account"

but im sure there are decent people on it
but trying to sort the wheat from the chaff is near impossible CRAP!!!

reginab6
7/1/14

PLEASE DO NOT BOTHER TO WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON JOINING THIS "SUPPOSEDLY" DATING SITE. I FOUND IT TO HAVE MANY SCAMMERS AND SADLY TOO MANY PROFILES WHO ARE NOT HONEST ABOUT THEIR RELATIONSHIP STATUS. THE PROFILE MAY SAY LOOKING FOR LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP OR MARRIAGE, BUT THEN YOU SOON DISCOVER THIS PERSON IS LIVING WITH SOMEONE (AND NO IT'S NOT THEIR MOTHER, SISTER OR ROOMATE!!) ALSO. THIS SITE WILL SUDDENLY DO A LOCK OUT FOR NO APPARENET REASON , HOWEVER IF YOU ARE WILLING TO UPGRADE TO A PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP USING A CREDIT CARD THIS ONLY MAKES YOUR SITUATION WORSE AS WHEN IT GETS TIME TO RENEW THEN YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL BE BILLED AGAIN AND (AS I HAVE READ OTHER REVIEWS) THIS CAN TRULY BECOME A NIGHTMARE. IT'S A BUYER BEWARE SITUATION AT THE VERY MOST AND THEN OF COURSE ,YOURSELF COULD ALSO END UP BEING USED FOR ONLY A SEXUAL ENCOUNTER WITH A NO STRINGS ATTACHED. SITUATION. THANK-YOU....

paulb128
6/14/14

the sole purpose of this woeful site is to part you from your purse! STANDARD MEMBERSHIP? Utter crap! I would join their so called dating service, pay their fees, but first I would 'ROAD TEST' their service. Crass commercialism inviting the unwary with 'pig in a poke' come-ons.

Avoid Another Fraud [AF]

mary-jom
5/21/14

Definitely a dirty site but unfortunately used by a few decent inexperienced people. DO NOT TAKE THE ADVICE AND GO OFF SITE! GIVE NO-ONE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS!!! BE WARNED!!
Its a site which is absolutely disgusting in its adverts, unregulated use by trolls/pirates/unscrupulous people. The problem with this is that decent, vulnerable, innocent people who have paid for safe site use, are being abused and, possibly defrauded, by the "users" and, unfortunately, given the lack of grammatical knowledge now, these "users" can con people on the site. Don't get me started. I have reported this site within days of subscribing, but the Information Commissioners in the RoI don't seem to be too interested.

elainem15
4/8/14

What a disaster, this website is corruption personified. It boasts of having thousands of members but from my experience, most of these are fake as there is no limit to the amount of profiles one could have. I got caught in a scam on this site, I stupidly gave in to ' a widows' request to share my email address and phone number only to be plagued by scam texts and emails looking for money from lots of 'widows'. I complained to Anotherfriend and got no satisfaction, they emailed to say they were aware of a scam but felt they had dealt with it in a timely manner. They literally don't care what people use the site for once they pay up and it certainly doesn't help when they hide behind computer screens as it is not possible to speak to anyone. It is by far the best kept secret of internet corruption in Ireland. They rope you in by offering you discounted membership but "overlook" to let you know that they will continue to take money out of your account once they have you credit card details. And BEWARE to those who go on the site from their mobile phones - I know of someone who was a standard (had cancelled her subscription) member but had been a premium member in the past and when she zoomed in on an item on the home page of her account, a window appeared "thanking her for upgrading her membership". It was not her intention to become a premium member but because of the poor site lay out she tapped on the upgrade function which is incredibly close to the inbox (I wonder why) and because they had stored her credit card details from previous, she was caught to pay again. OMG, keep away from the site, it's atrociously corrupt.

gerc
1/9/14

Dreadful site. Even following terms & conditions they continue to take money out of your bank account. The support team are abrupt and very unsupportive.

julietg
12/6/13

not very happy, kept adding pressure to gain more money, cannot give details without extra payment!!

michaell74
7/20/13

Agree wholeheartly with the tirade of bad reviews. It really is a grubby little site with absolutely no concern about people meeting anyone they might have something in common with. The various characteristics your asked for are superficial and the search function is useless as a result.
I use external search engnes to search the profiles for key words. But it is really dissapointing how few people have pride enough in themselves to actually put anything unique about themselves.
The message boards are beyond trite and inhabitated by people who really should learn to control the impulse to fire off replies to everything. It is not uncommon to see every thread replied to by the same individual.
The site generates several hundred blank profiles every day. Obviously someone in AF is sitting with a large dictonary and pulling differnet words.So take the "boast" of the site as having a large membership with a grain of sand.

The repeat billing is a pain as is the spam.

The message blast function on the site is really really bad. It allows someone to send a message to hundreds of profiles at one time. It really is an offensive item.

Overall the site is a complete travesty, it shows not a single ounce of humanity. It seems to believe that relationships are little more than commodities which it is there to exploit. There is no feeling that this is anything but a crass business with zero interest in the actual people on the site.

I'm posting here because any comments like this are instantly censored on AF

johnc120
7/11/13

DON'T GO ANYWHERE THIS WEBSITE !!
THEY MISUSE YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS.
VAST MAJORITY OF PROFILES ARE FALSE !
IF YOU MENTION THE NAME OF THE PLACE YOU WENT ON HOLIDAYS IN AN EMAIL TO ANOTHER MEMBER YOU GET SUSPENDED !!!
THE OWNER - GRAINE BARRY IS JUST A MONEY GRABBING MANIAC WITH NO INTEREST IN CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL !!!

helenaa
2/13/13

Terrible site, designed in such a way that it's very easy to upgrade to a paid member, but much harder to deactivate your account. As another reviewer said, deactivating and cancelling are different things as far as Another Friend is concerned and they will continue to bill you even with a deactivated account! Absolute scammers.

orlad1
1/29/13

all i can say is STAY AWAY !
They suspended my account too. scam site. greedy money makers. ADVERTISING AS A FREE DATING SITE AND THEN SUSPENDING AND ASKING TO UPGARDE FOR 25 E A MONTH. idiots. they block your account without any notification so u would not have any access to any of your stuff. THIEVES !
I have to wait for few days now, until they will activate my account again. and if im so lucky and they do so, im so going to deactivate /cancel/ delete everything. the bastards still have all my photos and personal data. dont know what to do :((((( why didnt i read the reviews before ... ahh silly me

daveo5
12/8/12

I joined up, 'upgrade to premium' is everywhere but i managed to ignore it. I send one message to a girl, got a reply, next thing I see "YOUR ACCOUNT IS SUSPENDED TILL THE YEAR 3962"

I don't think I can go until the year 3962 meeting someone so I'll have to go elsewhere.

chrisk33
11/30/12

This is a total money making spam-making website! I was a member of this site years ago and since then have been inundated with offers to rejoin! I have unsubscribed to every spam email they've sent me. But, each time I've unsubscribed I've gotten even more spam!! They cleverly use different names when issuing spam emails, so that if put into an anti-spam folder, they simply use a different name to spam you again! What to do? I don't really want to have to give up my email address. All help appreciated.

ninab2
11/19/12

Avoid at all costs -- unless you want rid of your cash and need someone to help you burn it. Sneaky and cynical money-making machine in the guise of a dating website. Make sure you email them to cancel AND permanently deactivate your account -- for some reason they make a distinction between cancelling and deactivating. More tricks to keep the money rolling in it seems! Save that email in your sent items folder, then if they still bill you after this request send a copy of the email to your Visa or other credit card provider and they can do a charge-back. Lesson learned, the hard way.