Review of Allivet

Hialeah, FL 33014, US
Tel: 1 877 500 9944
customercare@allivet.com

Legitimate

Allivet has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

rf62
8/18/17

I ordered flea meds (Comfortis) which I have purchased elsewhere several times. Allivet offered a 3 month supply so that is what I bought. They sent 3 tablets taken out of an opened box and stapled some paperwork to it!! Opening up a package and taking half the contents out and selling it for more than half the cost of the full box is BS! They do not inform you that they are sending opened product or I never would have ordered. I will not do business with them again.

kathyn53
8/16/17

I called in and then went online and ordered. very user friendly web site! The customer service agent was very nice and assisted me answering all my questions.

sherylg17
8/15/17

Allivet is the WORST pet supply company! As others have noted, to get through on the phone is practically impossible. Their ship time is Very Slow. If you want something shipped from them, plan way ahead. Better yet, don't use them. I'm done.

wendyb91
8/15/17

Prices are significantly lower than at the vet, and that's great. I have four dogs who use prescription meds. I mail the scripts in and they are kept on file, even when I don't need the right away. It's very convenient. I'm happy with this site.

christinem156
8/15/17

I tried to call them during office hours, and nobody came to the phone. Even after office hours, there is no message saying they are closed. I ended up just opting to leave a message, to which they never responded. Finally, I went online to talk to them via live chat. I spoke with an agent named Holly, who was extremely rude: no hello, no goodbye, no thank you, no you're welcome - nothing, despite my cordiality. At this point, I am just going to find a vet to price-match, because I don't want to give unnecessarily rude people my money. Next time I'll just pay more for a company that actually wants my business.

ja36190
8/15/17

Ordered nearly 1 week ago & all I've had is an email to say they hadn't received approval from the vet. The vet said they approved it straight away. Tried calling & got cut off each time after 15 minutes. At this stage all I want is a refund & to never have to deal with them again. DO NOT waste your time with this company.

daniw11
8/14/17

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! 3 days after placing my order I started receiving emails from Allivet saying my vet hadn't approved the prescriptions, when in fact it had been approved immediately. Today I called their customer service 4 times and each time was disconnected after a 15-20 minute hold time. I wrote 3 emails requesting an update and phone call but received 2 form letters in return. I finally tried their online chat. After 20 minutes or waiting, a less than friendly person tried to tell me the same lies about not receiving approval from my vet. Finally the excuse changed to "last Friday we were closed we had an emergency". Except that was the day they sent the fax to my vet! I immediately cancelled my order. Now I'm waiting to see if the charge is taken off my credit card. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN! Worst company ever!!

mikew260
8/14/17

I was calling for the first time to place a prescription order for my dog, Coal. I called four times and was always put on hold...and after waiting a long period of time, they would disconnect my calls. They may have good drug pricing, however their phone service is terrible. I understand from reading other reviews this problem is not unusual. I went to another online Vet Pharmacy and receive wonderful service. Mike

judyk49
8/14/17

I couldn't agree more with the previous review. No customer service, rude when you do get customer service, hang up on you. Not worth the savings.

juneh41
8/11/17

THEY HAVE NO ONE ANSWERING THE PHONE. THEY EMAIL YOU TO TELL YOU YOUR VET HAS NOT RESPONDED BUT THE TRUTH IS THEY DO NOT ANSWER THEIR PHONE WHEN THE VET RETURNS THE CALL. I TRIED IT AFTER SPEAKING WITH MY VET AND IT IS TRUE. STAYED ON THE PHONE FOR 10 MINUTES AD THEN THE PHONE HUNG UP ON ME. THE SAVINGS ISN'T WORTH THE FRUSTRATION.

bettyloud
8/11/17

THESE PEOPLE WILL NOT ANSWER THEIR PHONE. THEY WILL NOT RESPOND TO EMAILS. THEY SHIPPED *PART* OF MY DOG'S PRESCRIPTION, BUT NOT ALL OF IT. NOT THE *ONE* MEDICATION HE ABSOLUTELY HAS TO BE ON! HIS HEALTH IS ON THE THE LINE HERE! I'VE LEFT 3 VOICE MAIL MESSAGES, EMAILED THEM 4 TIMES....ZERO RESPONSE. OH, THEY WERE HAPPY TO CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD FOR ALL THE DOG'S Rx's, THEY JUST DIDN'T SHIP THEM AND OFFERED NO EXPLANATION. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GO WITH A DIFFERENT ONLINE PET PHARMACY. THERE ARE A LOT OF THEM OUT THERE AND THIS ONE IS BY FAR THE WORST.

fredm88
8/10/17

I kept putting in my password but your system could not implement it. I spent 30+ minutes trying to get in to place an order. Never made it but did come across my past order and you had a handy thing there, Reorder, so I used that as it did accomplish what I was trying to do. You may never have my login adjusted correctly. I will see next Time i need meds for dog.

bobbilynnl
8/10/17

I will NEVER be ordering from Allivet again. If you need your Rx for your pet and you want it on time, you better order 3 months worth at least 1 month BEFORE your pet needs it. I ordered I dont know how many times and it always got lost in translation somewhere and this time I ordered 2 weeks ago, got my tracking number but NOTHING there. They said they sent it and they cant find it. Give me a break, I would refer you to go somewhere else, I know I am going to find a different Pet Pharmacy for my dog. I will let you all know when I find a half way decent one and how they are before I say anything. I know how this feels and it isnt right.

denisec112
8/9/17

Sadly, I need this Rx right away, and although my vet has faxed TWO Rx approvals, Allivet is claiming that they have not received approvals. They have, however, taken the money. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ALLIVET.

joeannw
8/8/17

I found the online order process with Allivet for my dog's prescription to be satisfactory. I look forward to the delivery of my dog's prescription.

terim21
8/8/17

The ease of convenience ROCKS!!! Free shipping on orders over 50.00. Then a 3.00 discount. It would have cost me almost twice as much at the vet or pet supply store. Plus, you cannot find Comfortis anywhere but the vet and if you don't take your pet to that vet good luck. I took mine to her own vet who does not carry products and Allivet staff are going to contact Dr. Parker and get RX.

eileenv4
8/8/17

Call, phone leaves you on hold twenty minutes and then hangs up. You can't get through to anyone ever. They don't return your customer service emails. They collect your money and never ship your product. I think they are actually just a scam, horrible company if it is even real. I called my bank to get my dollars back.

lindal266
8/4/17

I was so impressed by how quickly they contacted my vet for my dogs prescription and how quickly I received it.

michaelb560
8/3/17

Great price, great service.They have humans that answer the phone!! Allivet cares about your pet, they have great service. 'nuff said.

josephf91
8/1/17

worse customer support and they don't even respond back to their emails, I had ordered a heartworm prevention for my dog and package was never delivred and they never respond back to any of my emails.

jessicam300
7/31/17

I've sent four emails to customer care at Allivet.com I'm still waiting for a reply. The price of the Amoxil Clive for my great Dane seems to have increased in two weeks and I'm asking for them to re-order for me at the rate I originally purchased, they are ignoring Me.
Little do they know I also represent 12 veterinarian hospitals all of whom are given this information

marys532
7/30/17

I have used Allivet for years, and have never had a problem. Their service is stellar, whether it be over the phone medication orders or website orders and autoship. I raise German Shepherds, so it's important to me that the companies I deal with are honest, have good prices, and provide top notch products. I will always be loyal to Allivet, although I must be honest and say I deal with several companies, all for different products and services, so I can't give the totality of my business to one company.

annes122
7/27/17

I have ordered from them before and have been pleased with their selection and service. I also find their prices very resonable.

rachelg85
7/27/17

The Allivet web site is easy to navigate and auto ship arrives is a timely manner and never let me down. Seem to carry large inventory and all products I'm looking for.

joanneh44
7/27/17

Always a great experience and quality medications! Thank you for helping us with our pets! Never a problem-quick and easy service!

Helpful answer

Hi Laurie, Here at Allivet we believe that it's what's inside that counts. Some of our medications do not come in their original box or bottle. However, Allivet only sells genuine FDA / EPA U.S. approved products- the same exact medications sold by your veterinarian, with same or better expiration dates. We guarantee this in writing on our website (check out 'Our Guarantees'). But don't just take our word for it: The National Association of Boards of Pharmacies inspects our facilities, products, and procedures each year to award us the Vet VIPPS certification. You can shop with confidence knowing that Allivet is certified for upholding the highest standards in pet pharmacy. So whether in a box, bottle or bag, you are getting 100% genuine FDA / EPA U.S. approved products- the same exact medications sold by your veterinarian, with same or better expiration dates. To know how your pet medication is sold, click on "How it's sold" in the product info. For medications such as Nexgard or Comfortis, we include a disclaimer there that says "This product is sold with the package inserts and instructions but does not include the box." If you do have any questions about a particular medication (packaging, administration, disposal, expiration date) please feel free to contact our pharmacist on duty. We're always happy to help!

By Tatiana R. [Allivet Rep] on 8/16/15
Helpful answer

If you read all the Qs and As, it seems some prescription meds are shipped in plastic bags and not in original packaging as shown on the website. The consumer has no real way of knowing if this is the actual trade name product, generic or not even the medication the pet has been prescribed. I guess Buyer Beware is the foremost clue here----especially where your precious pets/animals are concerned...Besides that, numerous questions have yet to be answered. Why even have a Q & A if staff doesn't know that answers??

By L M. on 4/18/16
Helpful answer

Not for that particular product, no. But I would be very wary of doing business with them online-their business ethics are not what they should be.

By Colleen D. on 2/19/16
Helpful answer

By law, they are not allowed to ship your prescription until they have it in hand, but your vet may call or fax it in and it will be available immediately. You will need to go online and order. They usually ship by USPS, but you can pay extra for speedier shipping if needed.

By Lawrence C. on 11/26/15
Helpful answer

Hi Katherine, By law, we cannot ship prescription medication until we receive vet's authorization or the prescription in the mail.

By Tatiana R. [Allivet Rep] on 10/12/15
Helpful answer

Hi Rafael, We ship prescription orders internationally as long as you can present a valid prescription in English. We suggest you check with your local customs office to see if any additional taxes or tariffs apply.

By Tatiana R. [Allivet Rep] on 7/21/15
Helpful answer

Hello, yes, you can stop by our pharmacy during the hours of 8:30am -6pm to pick up your meds. Please call ahead to make sure its ready for pickup. Thank you for choosing Allivet.com! Have a great day!

By Tatiana R. [Allivet Rep] on 1/3/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Allivet staff and other customers.

12 Photos for Allivet