Review of Allivet

Tel: 1 877 500 9944
customercare@allivet.com
2017 Customer choice award

Legitimate

Allivet has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

marilynnh2
10/19/17

Best prices best service kept the information I needed. Site is efficient and easy to use. better than any other medication site I have used

leslier57
10/19/17

I placed an order on October 9 for my dogs necessary meds. I called on the 19th because they had not arrived. They said thAt there was a problem with my card. They did not tell me they were having problems. I have to drive 2 hours to get the meds from the vet! Unreliable! I need a pharmacy that is reliable.

hollyh8
10/18/17

I placed an order on Friday at 10am and paid extra for 2 business day shipping. On Monday, I check the status of my order and it shows it is in process. I email Allivet to ask the status of the order as I needed it quickly and had paid extra for the 2 day shipping so that I could get it fast. NO REPLY Tuesday morning, I get an email that my package from Allivet will be delivered on Wednesday. 3 different Allivet representatives tell me that yes, I paid for 2 day shipping and they met the deadline by getting it to me by Wednesday night at 7:30pm. REALLY?

aracelic5
Araceli C.
10/18/17

I love it, I get my dogs flea and heart-worm preventive from Allivet, and it is so affordable and delivery is very fast. Very convenient!

kims284
10/18/17

l've used Allivet since 2007. They never fail to fax my veterilarian quickly, follow up with me and send the order as fast as they can. I recommend them with no reservation.

susanm352
10/17/17

very affordable and they will contact your vet to get your pets prescription, I like that I can auto renew so i never have to worry i will forget to reorder.

dt91
10/17/17

First, I ordered 2 boxes of Bravecto for my 2 dogs. The prices were better, so I thought I'd try Allivet out. After supposedly, 7 attempts for approval from my vet, a month and a half later, my order was canceled. Then, a few days after my order was canceled I receive an email saying that I ordered more. I DID NOT ORDER MORE! I was also charged on my credit card, so I called customer service and they canceled the order. They gave some excuse that I put that medication on autoship, but I didn't and told them so. We will see if I am refunded. As a side note, my vet approved these meds right away. This is an issue with Allivet.

rogerk38
10/16/17

I was a customer of National Animal Hospital (another online vet RX site) - they closed for some reason. I had to buy meds at the vet for one month. It cost $175 for one month of pills. The vet told me to look at 1800-Pet-Meds. Pircie would be reduced to $150/month. i decided to search further. I found this site. same exact pills - $95/month. Only $10 more than I was paying before. I am retired, on a fixed income. My pup is my best friend. There isnt anything I wouldn'd do for her. But it was going to be difficult to find that extra $75/month. I am very glad I found AlliVet. They are selling the meds at a resonable price. Thank you.

cl9119
10/16/17

Ordered heart medication online the nite of 10/5 or am of 10/6. Had my vet fax the order in on 10/6 which they didn't do until 10/7. I called on the following Tues as my order still showed RX PENDING. Was reassured that it was probably being worked on. NO SUCH LUCK. Apparently the pharmacist, mr lopez, called my vet and construed that it my RX was denied AFTER my vet tech clarified the info for him and faxed a copy of the dr's notes. Then never called me to let me know OR email me with this information. This was for freaking HEART meds!!! Unprofessional, inconsiderate behavior overall.

johnj423
10/13/17

Allivet dispensed medication for my dog that was 10 times above the prescribed strength and failed to respond at all when notified. On 18 July 2017 Allivet filled a prescription for .1 mg levo thyroxin for my dog, Dixie. When it arrived I did not notice that the strength was in fact, 1.0 mg, ten times more potent than prescribed. The label on the medication shows the correct strength of .1 mg, but the bottle is the 1.0 mg strength. I called them on 12 October when I noticed this discrepancy. The agent seemed completely unconcerned about this egregious error and said she'd let "management" know. They proceeded to fill the prescription again that same night, charging me for doing so. I still have heard nothing about my dog getting medication that my vet says has dangerously increased her thyroid hormone levels and potentially caused other unknown impacts.

keithk53
10/12/17

Excellent experience with online ordering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

erinb88
10/11/17

Allivet has the best Web site for ordering - and in this case, reordering - the site made the experience significantly more convenient and easy. I would recommend this site to anyone ordering meds for their pets, especially if you need vet-verification. My most recent order trimmed close to 10 minutes off the time it took the first time, and the time it takes on another site I've used in the past.

alb2028
10/10/17

Placed an Rx order. Received two notifications my vet was not approving. When called my vet they said they faxed approval a while ago. Next day - still no traces of fax received. They expect you to spend your time calling back and forth. Canceled the order and glad I did - read disappointing reviews of the same nature later. Trying Petsmart. Hope it will work.

andiem2
10/10/17

I regret my decision to stray from my trusted pet pharmaceutical supplier, 1-800-PetMeds. I recently gave Allivet pharmacy a try and it was a nightmare. I paid for next day shipping but it took 6 days for my order to get to me. The package was crushed and ripped open and the medication was spilling out of the box it came in. Never again!

kristinal24
10/9/17

This is the worst online shopping experience I've ever had in my life! I order a pet medication, they put my order on hold. I called to resolve whatever issue they were having, they said that everything thing would be fine then. A week goes by and I still haven't recovered my order. I called again to ask what the problem was, I was told there shouldn't be any problem, everything looked correct, and my order will be sent out. Waited another few days. My order status didn't change. I write to them and told them that I wanted my pet medication, especially since I knew they had already taken the money for it out of my account. I waited a few more days; still nothing. Finally, I called a third time. I told that that it had been two weeks now, I had already spoken to two other people and I wanted to know if I was getting my order or not, because if they couldn't guarantee my order was going to be shipped as soon as possible, I wanted it cancelled. She said that my order would be rushed. That was on a friday, so I assumed they would mail it out the following Monday. Well, Monday morning I received an email saying my order had been cancelled. Oh, and they still have not refunded the money I had given them for the product I never received. Everything about the website is complicated, ridiculous, and the customer service is horrible. Please, don't waste your money.

mollym51
10/9/17

Not a big fan of the site design. If I refill a 60-pill prescription I get 60 items in my checkout. That's weird to me. It's just ONE prescription. The dividers between the different prescriptions are non-existent, so it's difficult to tell which drug has what amount remaining upon first glance. Prices are good and I like the ease of transferring a prescription. The website is running horribly slow today. It took almost half an hour to place my order and complete my transaction.

kathrynd20
10/8/17

I am very happy with Allivet. They have saved me a lot of money over the years on prescription pet medications.I saved several hundred per month compared to buying them at my vet.. Thank you Allivet.

Tip for consumers: Before you decide to forgo that expensive medication your vet recommends, please check with Allivet. Your pet's health will thank you.

robertm556
10/7/17

Another easy reorder with Allivet at a Great price!
Sorry for those who haven't had the same good experiences I've had with them.

tracyw96
10/6/17

My dogs Vet is charging $72.00 for 30 days of Vetoryl(cushings disease) she will be on meds the rest of her life and would die without it. Allivet charges a lot less making it affordable.

teresav19
10/5/17

It is so easy and love this site.they have phenomenal customer service, their prices are unbeatable! Thank you Allivet! I have told all of my pet

kims282
10/4/17

Order site is unreliable. Placed an order, didn't go through. Tried again, & somehow ended up with a second order that contained items I had looked at in the past & never placed in my cart. Called to get a business reply return label & was informed that it could only be emailed. So, because they couldn't spend 49 cents on an envelope, they've lost a customer whose spent hundreds & potentially thousands in future sales

nicolem188
10/4/17

Do not trust this company with any drug that is important. They cannot get their autoship to work and can rush an order when the make a mistake. They put my dogs life in jeopardy. Never use them there are plenty of other online pet pharmacies available.

michaelf246
10/3/17

This order for Lola was over $260. Although your overall pricing is still the best, I was very disappointed that the 10% discount, summer17, yielded $9.80. Do not understand. Also, the "cold shipping was another $30, when all it takes is an ice pack and 2 day shipping, no where near $30. Don't get greedy!

angelac132
10/3/17

I found Allivet online. I was desperate for affordable medicine for my furry child of 12 years. Not only do they have phenomenal customer service, their prices are unbeatable! Thank you Allivet! I have told all of my pet friends about you!

carolynm103
10/2/17

Great experience and service.. Website pretty easy to navigate. Auto ship will keep up with order. Have ordered once before and that is what brought me back..

Helpful answer

Hi Laurie, Here at Allivet we believe that it's what's inside that counts. Some of our medications do not come in their original box or bottle. However, Allivet only sells genuine FDA / EPA U.S. approved products- the same exact medications sold by your veterinarian, with same or better expiration dates. We guarantee this in writing on our website (check out 'Our Guarantees'). But don't just take our word for it: The National Association of Boards of Pharmacies inspects our facilities, products, and procedures each year to award us the Vet VIPPS certification. You can shop with confidence knowing that Allivet is certified for upholding the highest standards in pet pharmacy. So whether in a box, bottle or bag, you are getting 100% genuine FDA / EPA U.S. approved products- the same exact medications sold by your veterinarian, with same or better expiration dates. To know how your pet medication is sold, click on "How it's sold" in the product info. For medications such as Nexgard or Comfortis, we include a disclaimer there that says "This product is sold with the package inserts and instructions but does not include the box." If you do have any questions about a particular medication (packaging, administration, disposal, expiration date) please feel free to contact our pharmacist on duty. We're always happy to help!

By Tatiana R. [Allivet Rep] on 8/16/15
Helpful answer

If you read all the Qs and As, it seems some prescription meds are shipped in plastic bags and not in original packaging as shown on the website. The consumer has no real way of knowing if this is the actual trade name product, generic or not even the medication the pet has been prescribed. I guess Buyer Beware is the foremost clue here----especially where your precious pets/animals are concerned...Besides that, numerous questions have yet to be answered. Why even have a Q & A if staff doesn't know that answers??

By L M. on 4/18/16
Helpful answer

Not for that particular product, no. But I would be very wary of doing business with them online-their business ethics are not what they should be.

By Colleen D. on 2/19/16
Helpful answer

By law, they are not allowed to ship your prescription until they have it in hand, but your vet may call or fax it in and it will be available immediately. You will need to go online and order. They usually ship by USPS, but you can pay extra for speedier shipping if needed.

By Lawrence C. on 11/26/15
Helpful answer

Hi Katherine, By law, we cannot ship prescription medication until we receive vet's authorization or the prescription in the mail.

By Tatiana R. [Allivet Rep] on 10/12/15
Helpful answer

Hi Rafael, We ship prescription orders internationally as long as you can present a valid prescription in English. We suggest you check with your local customs office to see if any additional taxes or tariffs apply.

By Tatiana R. [Allivet Rep] on 7/21/15
Helpful answer

Hello, yes, you can stop by our pharmacy during the hours of 8:30am -6pm to pick up your meds. Please call ahead to make sure its ready for pickup. Thank you for choosing Allivet.com! Have a great day!

By Tatiana R. [Allivet Rep] on 1/3/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Allivet staff and other customers.

13 Photos for Allivet