US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

tonyc136
2/24/17

Terrible company. Lures you in with good pricing but what good is that if they don't ship it to you. It takes them on average of 3 days to put pills in box.

py74
2/17/17

I am very pleased with my experience with Allivet. Their prices were significantly lower than those of my veterinarian. They were very helpful in explaining the Rx ordering process to me. When my vet failed to respond to their requests (they sent 3 in 3 consecutive days), the Allivet reps (Amanda and Ruby) were very helpful and one went so far as to call the vet herself and get a verbal approval. My products were on the way the next day and arrived soon thereafter. Both the Comfortis and the Revolution that I ordered had expiration dates in 2019.

stephenl73
2/16/17

I have waited over two weeks to receive my dogs meds and it supposedly shipped the day I ordered. Last time I ordered Meds the shipping forgot to ship it all together and my dog went without her meds for 2 weeks. PATHETIC!

dianeb121
1/31/17

I ordered Elevate Vitamin E for my 31-year old horse, to be delivered every 5 weeks. This product is amazing, and truly enables my old guy to walk comfortably. Without it, he walks with a curve in his back, and our vet believes it is related to his spine. I found the best price for Elevate on Allivet, however if it is not delivered, it has no value. The mail service placed the package in the wrong mailbox where it sat for 3 days, in freezing weather. So, it was no longer effective when it was found. I called Allivet, who first offered to send a bottle at the same, standard delivery of 5-7 days. I am nearly out of Elevate, and requested that they send it overnight. They refused -- get this -- because their responsibility ends when they slap the address label on the box. This, from customer service supervisory Monica who would not provide her full name. When I asked to speak to the VP, Customer Support, Monica said there was none, that she was in charge. When I asked to speak to the president of the company, Monica also said there was no president, however, she agreed to ship the Elevate by 2-day UPS. No president, No vice president, no responsibility beyond slapping a label on their products. "It's not our fault if the post office doesn't deliver it correctly." Maybe so, but if you care about your customers - the animals your products serve -- perhaps you should take more responsibility.

gl2544
1/30/17

I decided to order my dogs RX from here, and pay a little more, because it said "in stock, will ship in 1 Business day", This made it sound like I was going to get it faster. We could've driven there if we knew shipping would be delayed this long. Next time I will save money and buy from someone who is honest about how long shipping takes.

fernandoa18
1/25/17

I've purchased bottle's of 100 ml of this product for 45.99 I got the same med for 48.94 and received 150 ml u can't beat it this medication is excellent

wendyl59
1/22/17

UPDATE: Allivet sent me a replacement saline bag with free shipping and made this right. And they did this with no hassle. How a company handles their mistakes goes a long way in a business relationship.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: The ordering process was easy, the shipping was fast, the customer service call with questions was great - that's where the good stuff ends.

This is my first experience with Allivet, I ordered 12 bags of saline and 12 IV lines to give my cat fluids for her kidney disease. One of the 12 bags arrived wrapped in saran wrap with fluid between the saline bag and saran wrap. Why would they knowingly pack and ship me a leaking bag? I'd have rather have received 11 bags with a note that another would be shipped separately. Hoping my first experience is not the norm.

kevinb207
1/19/17

My vet recommends giving Revolution monthly to both of my cats. Allivet offers it at the lowest price and ships it promptly. I have pet insurance and Allivet provides a receipt with its shipment which I send in with my Wellness claim.

renep28
1/19/17

Allivet is wonderful, super fast and friendly. Their prices are great. I use them all the time. I really like them, and I wish they were much closer to me. I use Revolution and their prices rock!

keiras3
1/16/17

Bought a product and paid 22 bucks for overnight as I needed it next day. Product did not arrive until 3 days later. To top it off, product expires in 2 months. Should be at least a 2 year shelf life on thia product. Which i could deal with. Disappointing, but i can deal. Called customer service to ask about refunding part of my extra shipping costs due to NOT getting next day. The lady was very rude and flat out refused. Even argued with me on the experation date on product. 3/17 sure looks like a 2 month exertion to me.

Will NOT buy from this company again and do NOT recommend. Horrible company.

jamesj191
1/16/17

Shipping cost rip-off !! Bait & Switch on free shipping and extremely poor customer service. At present the company web site offers free shipping on orders over $49 to the continental USA (North America). They ship using the US Postal Service. Hello folks, the cost of shipping to ANY state of the USA is exactly the same. Allivet charged $20 extra to ship to me in Alaska, which by the way is on the North American continent, although all that really matters with respect to the cost of shipping is that it doesn't cost any additional money to mail the order to Alaska! Rip off, long hold time, unresponsive customer service. Local BBB rating = F Order from another company!

ks189
1/12/17

There is no way I could have used all this product before it expired. Then pt died without every having used it- they refused to give a refund- I can't even donate the product because it's expired.

bethc54
1/5/17

Received email on 12-22-16 that order was filled and priority sent and well 1-5-17 no meds for my animals yet. Have called several times and very rude customer service. Spoke to customer service supervisor Monica and she said nothing she can due and did not care.

stevend83
12/30/16

horrible company...no response from 6 email on shipping, 6 weeks later no product...DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE CROOKS...

jordanaa
12/27/16

JUST THE FACTS: I have been ordering K-CIT-V Potassium Citrate for my dog through Allivet for 14 months. The product has been great; Allivet has not. I have continually experienced problems with them. I am on the Auto Ship program which gives you 5% discount on your order. My orders also qualify for free shipping as they are over $49.00. However, Allivet has charged me for shipping in my last two orders. I surmise this is because they applied the 5% discount before applying the free shipping which took my order .57 cents below the qualifying "Free Shipping on orders $49 or more". I called after the first time this happened and they told me instead of refunding my credit card they would apply the discount to the next order. But on the next order they did the same exact thing AND did not give me the credit from the last time.
But GET THIS, I have a quantity of 3 K-CIT-V on Auto Ship, and they only sent me 1 bottle, but still charged me for 3 bottles plus shipping AND did not apply the credit from last time.
So, I wait until 2 days after Christmas to contact them about the situation and to be sure they were not sent in a separate package for some reason. After the post came and the remaining 2 items were not in the mailbox, I called them up. It was 3:38pm where I am on the west coast and I was on hold with them for 15mins. The moment they picked up my call their line disconnected, not mine. I immediately redialed and it went straight to the voicemail saying they are now closed for the day, although 7 minutes still remained before Allivets 7pm (EST) closing time.
I order from Allivet because this product is $1.90 cheaper than VET RX. But the time I have spent trying to correct Allivet's continuous mistakes is not worth the cost.
I will no longer be ordering from this company.

--------Clean up your act Allivet-----------

joaniew2
12/23/16

I had a prescription from my vets office. 1st of all they don't except faxes. 2nd of all they will let your vet email to you and then you have to forward it to Allivet so they can see a paper trail from the vets office. Then it takes a day to get it to the pharmacy and then they question it and call the vets office. Then it takes another day to mail it and a week to get from Florida to California. By then your pet has lost almost 2 wks time for their meds. Customer service is not very good and they just have a "oh well" attitude. Yes they are cheaper but sometimes cheaper isn't the answer. I wont be ordering from them in the future..

heatherh78
12/21/16

I placed an order last Friday and paid for 2nd day Shipping. On Tuesday when I hadn't gotten the shipment or even an email with the tracking, I called. I was on hold for 15 minutes plus to find out my shipment had not even been shipped yet. I emphatically stated I needed the medication for my pet the next day. I asked for the 2nd day shipment to be upgraded to Next day. I was assured I would have it the following day. Received an email with the tracking number. The next day is now here and the package has still not left Allivet. They charged my credit card within seconds of me placing the order and still 4 full business days later have not shipped my order. I was told the shipment would go out today that there was a question about the expiration date of the medication ordered .... No one called me to ask if I wanted a refund or that there was even a question about my shipment going out. I spent another 15 minutes on the phone today to then be HUNG UP ON. I'm now calling back to speak with a manager.

The price is good but NOT Worth it if you can't actually get it!! SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE.

melinar
12/21/16

Excellent experience...very happy to find a pet pharmacy so close to home with such great service!

joyes
12/18/16

Prices were great and the products came quickly!

elizabetha82
12/13/16

I called Allivet to tell them my dog passed away & that I would be refusing a shipment that they sent me that I had not yet received. They told me they could not refund me $19.98 for prescription eye drops even if I was not opening the box when it arrived. We are only talking about $19.98. Chewy.com even sent me a bouquet of flowers! This was our 1st order with Allivet. I regret that I ever used Allivet & will never use them again.

danb169
12/8/16

Excellent LIVE customer service. One of our rescued cat was in terrible pain. Our good Vet did not carry the medication. No other Vets nor Vet Hospitals would sell it, even with a prescription (shame on these "BUSINESSES").

Allivet immediately filled the prescription and it was ready for pick up. VERY nice staff members.

A EXCELLENT company to do business with. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

bt49
12/2/16

I might be a bit spoiled by the amazing fast service from customer centric companies like CHEWY.com , but my first experience with Alivet is one of the worst I have experienced.

I paid extra for priority shipping but they didn't ship it out until the next day after the priority cutoff at the post office. I suspect that they also didn't use the official USPS priority shipping box as the tracking for the last 3 days still only shows the original drop off location.

When I called the customer service they exhibited a blatant disregard for my concern.

(First Time) Last Time Customer

Tip for consumers: RUN AWAY

seanm125
11/30/16

I received a delayed package of Vetsulin that was left outside in 80 degree heat. The warm medicine is garbage. I am disheartened by the sheer and blatant disregard for my concern. My dog, whom has diabetes, has been using their product for 2 years. My order went out on 11/23/2016 understandably with the holiday shortly there after. It arrived a week later even though it was overnight service. When I called to explain the frustration the first person simply said I will have to make a claim with UPS. I explained that I am not frustrated with her but need a supervisor to better assist. I did not catch her name, I have her email which was given to the help line. She simply said that all she could do is refund or resend. I explained that due to the care of my dog I will have to seek medical attention. Is this my fault for ordering too late? Possibly, but I did not expect an overnight package to take a week to get here. When asked for a better answer to my needs the customer service supervisor stated, "There is none." When asked for higher leadership, "They will say the same thing."

This is not acceptable behavior. I will receive the package tomorrow to give to my animal and will find another consumer to rely on. You have lost a long standing customer and I will hopefully make others aware not to make the same mistake of using your service.

katherinew30
11/26/16

We love ordering from this website! Great prices, fast shipping!

patriciab153
11/18/16

Great price, great service

28 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Allivet staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question