Review of Allivet

customercare@allivet.com

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Legitimate

Allivet has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

cm178
4/24/17

This company sucks. I put three items in my cart and did not yet order them. I received TWO confirmation emails of the three items in my cart. Over $400 of charges that I did not authorize.
I called to cancel. That took over an hour and they only cancelled one order. I am on hold again to try to cancel the second unauthorized order.
I order a lot of items online and this has NEVER happened to me with any other online company

debbiec103
4/21/17

Love the Allivet options, prices are great! I've had a hiccup with the autoship once or twice, but as long as I stay on top of meds on hand, all works well!

vickih40
4/19/17

I have been buying my pets Trifexis for quite some time now and an very satisfied with the whole experience.
Allivet is great!
Thanks

irinap13
4/18/17

The website was easy to navigate, place order, and vet's info. Email confirmed my order and request for vet approval, suggested I call the vet to speed up. Next day order status not updated so I called my vet and confirmed they had approved. Day 3- second request for vet approval was sent (?? automated mail again). I looked up Allivet reviews and panicked. Tried to call customer service twice- see other reviews. Checked my CC account. Charge was 'pending' for 5 days and then disappeared but did not appear in 'charged'. Day 6- ordered drug through another vendor-slightly more expensive. On day 11 was surprised to see both orders arrive. Only then order status was updated to 'shipped' and the CC was charged. Bottom line- will I order from Allivet again? Probably, their prices are good, but well, well in advance. do not order anything you need urgently.

suek55
4/18/17

My first experience was fine. Allivet sent a fax to my vet and the vet responded with a prescription. However the second experience was awful. I received 3 warning emails that my vet had not responded. My vet said they had. I called and asked the person to speak to the vet office while I was on the line. She came back and said the person she had spoken to said I never spoke to them and they never faxed anything. She was hostile and sneering. I went to my vet's office several times as I do not like being called a liar. It turned out the vet had NEVER received a fax for the bravecto and as a result the vet office assumed Allivet needed a prescription again from the other drug I had ordered from them. I wrote Allivet, no response, I visited the vet's office, no fax from Allivet. I suggested they were faxing to the wrong number. No response. The vet gave them a verbal prescription but then the vet techs were told it could not be filled without a paper prescription. 2 weeks later my dog needed her tick meds and nothing. I finally went on line to find another place to buy it. (My vet no longer carries the medicine as people forget to give it every 12 weeks.) Magically I received the meds from Allivet the next day. Not a word. The vet office never received a request from them for a prescription. Good grief -not worth the stress using them.

garys198
4/14/17

This product obviously caused a seizure in my healthy 6-year-old 55-pound dog. There is no warning on the product.

jimg107
4/13/17

I get my dog's PolyChews from Allivet and they are very reasonably priced and shipped without delay.

robinh112
4/13/17

always reliable, site is easy to navigate, products are top notch appreciate the auto-ship feature and they offer various coupons as well

maryk237
4/12/17

I will never purchase anything from them ever again! My order was held up for five days because they were waiting for a shipment of dog food to come in. Unfortunately I ordered special CAT food for my very sick cat with kidney failure. They didn't ship her meds that I also ordered because I had a single order so I had to get a single delivery. I placed the order on 3/29/17. On 4/03/17 they finally sent the order six days after I placed the order. I received DOG food instead of the CAT food on the sixth of April. My cat had been without her medicine for 2 days. I called to get the cat food sent and they said they would two day ship it. That was on the sixth and on the tenth my kitty finally got her food. They were supposed to send a return label for the dog food in the box. The UPS man patiently waited while I opened the box so he could take the dog food with him. NO LABEL. I called again and asked where the label was? The person I spoke with said she would send me one and wanted my E-mail address. I told her not to send it by e-mail as I had no way of printing it out. She said she just needed my e-mail address to send me verification that she was sending the label. The next morning I opened the E-mail from her and there was the attatchment with the label. That place has the most incompetant people I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I called and told the person once again the entire story and asked for a physical label to be sent to the house. I told them if I had not received it in a week I would dispose of the dog food and had better not be charged for it or my attorney would be handling this fiascal from then on. Buy Elsewhere!!!!!

lincolnm21
4/12/17

Products purchased met very well, and are having the expected result on my pet. I just think that the values are too high for continuous use medication. You should have a differentiated pricing policy for continued use medication, as in the case of my pet.

scottm210
4/12/17

Order and arrival time of order was timely. All went smoothly until I opened the package. You added so much packing material and crammed it into the box, so that both packages of my pill pockets were crushed. Do me a favor and do not add any packing material on the next automatic refill order!

kellyk89
4/12/17

Allivet made it very easy for me to find the products I needed, and pay quickly and easily with PayPal. I was very happy with the fast delivery, too.

williamm296
4/12/17

I did not receive my last order which I paid extra postage so it would be expedited. I also requested any account balance be refunded and haven't seen that either.
Comment by william Mcelven.

annl79
4/12/17

Only this past year has my border terrier had to take Rx to treat two medical issues. Our vet is located a solid 30 minute drive away, and although their price for Rx was very fair, and I love how they treat my dog, I didn't want to have to add one more errand into an already packed week/month. Receiving my dog's Rx from Allivet is affordable and saves me so much time. It also relieves me of wondering if I will be able to get the Rx on time since I signed up for auto ship. The Rx I receive from Allivet is the same as I would get from my veterinarian.

clarem51
4/12/17

The prices are the best I can find on the internet and the site is easy to use. I like that they call your vet for you to fill Rx's. However, last week I had an Rx not arrive b/c it was shipped to Maine instead of California. I get the same Rx each month so I'm not sure how that happened. I had to scramble to get meds from my vet (and spent a lot of money). Today I found out that different meds I ordered (and needed ASAP) were no longer in stock (they were in stock when I ordered). I never received an email and only found out when I contacted them. I'm now going to have to get the meds at a much higher cost from my vet b/c I can't wait for the others to ship or for another website to get them to me.
TLDR: prices are good but don't order something if you need it right away.

scottt79
4/12/17

usually all goes well, product is cheaper, but the cold shipping not cheap.but the last order they billed me for 2 and sent 2, i only wanted one.. since last order i only used one.. also coupons seem to come after i order and never what i need it for.

archieg17
4/12/17

TITLE SAYS IT ALL, IT'S EASY SAVES MONEY, TIME AND WORRY ABOUT PICK UP AND RUNNING OUT. YOU ORDER ONE TIME AND REFILLS COME ON TIME AUTOMATICALLY.

frankier9
4/12/17

It works well and happy with the price. I also like auto ordering. And free shipping. It always get here on time. Thank you

andyk54
4/12/17

I love Allivet for how easy it is to place an order, and to reorder. I do notice that prices increases from year to year, however. But, for the quality and ease of service and quality of product I am very happy. However, my mother wasnted to order/price shop 2 medications for her dog. I gave her the customer service number and spoke to a person and then ended up in an automated phone queue, only to be disconnected. She ended up calling 1-800-Pet-Meds instead as a result of her poor experience with Allivet.

lindab335
4/12/17

Good prices but medicine on back order/out of stock on every other auto order. Find myself scrambling to get med that dog needs at exorbitant prices elsewhere because can't count on order coming as scheduled.

elainev7
4/12/17

I have been buying my RX for my dog that has Cushings disease for the last year. Service is great, prices are great, overall I recommend Allivet to anyone. I also buy shampoos and flea and tick medication. Great prices!!!

cristellep
4/12/17

Allivet is the greatest! My three cats are always in need of some supply or supplement, and they always come through quickly and accurately without my having to make a trip to the store. I've also used their pharmacy service and have found the process to be seamless between my vet and them, and the drug prices have been extremely competitive.

Cris P.

dorisd32
4/12/17

Unbelievably bad customer service. I needed heartworm and flea/tick meds for 6 dogs, so tried Allivet because the cost was a little lower than other sites I've used in the past. What a huge mistake. First, they said they couldn't contact my vet. I called him, and he called them. Turns out they were trying to contact a different vet (?) about my pets. Over a week later, the website still showed "Rx unconfirmed, so I emailed them. No response. Next, I called them. They lied to me twice, saying that my vet had just called them the previous day (lie #1) and that he had only confirmed the prescription for 1 of the 6 dogs (lie #2). I cancelled the order. They must be used to that, because the woman I spoke to was supremely disinterested in the entire conversation. Since they're apparently not interested in selling the products they advertise, I'll be carefully checking my credit card statements for unauthorized charges.

Tip for consumers: Find a reputable online pet pharmacy, don't order from Allivet.

tomm1252
4/12/17

Zero customer service. I've written notes on orders that weren't answered. Called customer service and asked for a supervisor and they never called back. I was personally promised a credit by the owner of the company, Kal Abdalla, and the credit didn't work online; I called and left messages about this and no one called back. Clearly, this company doesn't care about its customers, so how does it stay in business? Does it buy vet meds from disreputable companies that dilute the meds or don't include expensive compounds? My vet says they're out there; does Allivet buy from them? I don't know and at this point don't care because I won't be coming back. I Googled the names of the drugs my dogs need and found several online vet med companies that have the same prices or better. I won't be using Allivet in the future, but I will be reporting the company to The American College of Veterinary Pharmacists, American Veterinary Medical Association, American Society of Veterinary Ophthalmology, American Animal Hospital Association, American Association of Veterinary Colleges, American College of Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology, Better Business Bureau and several other organizations. Finally, if I don't get the promised refund on my next credit card statement, I'll dispute my last charge with Visa and the company will withhold payment to Allivet. Adios terrible business people.

jimd138
4/12/17

order #: SO- 102 4661. Pretty dismal customer service. Had one of their phone reps hang up on me while I was trying to find out why a vet from Minnesota was contacted by Allivet to confirm a Rx for heartworm pills for my dogs, when my vet resides in Wisconsin. After sending a detailed email to Allivet's customer service, no one called me back or emailed me. I'm done w/ this outfit.

31 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Allivet staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question