Review of AliExpress

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

rivam5
5/6/17

Items ordered early November 2016. Delivery extended to early January 2017. Dispute lodged and money refunded mid-February 2017.

Item arrived in the mail yesterday. May4 2017.
Seller seemed insulted that since the refund had been processed and the matter was now done, we were still unwilling to give them a five star rating

For what it's worth, they started out strong......orders arrived in great time, were of a quality we were pleased to pass on to our customers and friendly sellers. Then, suddenly, all of that stopped. Items never arrived, sellers were rude when we filed a dispute and Ali itself suspended our account for a while because we had filed too many disputes (they claimed it was a "security issue"). We did laugh when we noticed that our "suspension" meant we couldn't file a dispute or give feedback on a store......we were still welcome to shop with them and give them money, we just couldn't share a bad experience (which was a shame, because there were some great stores that we gave good reviews for).

We are a small business and can't afford these kinds of issues and delays. We have started using a different supplier and now only shop for a couple of things that have proven to be more reliable.

masamunec
5/4/17

I have both good and bad experience with AliExpress. To be specific, I have both good and bad experience with the Sellers. If I have googled how to spot fake or bad sellers/advertisements, and have read the fine points hidden somewhere in the seller's page, I probably would have avoided that bad experience. I found that the AliExpress Dispute Judgement Team is sided with the Seller (in my case, HeZong Households Store). HeZong shipped me the product that is significantly shorter than the pictures in the ad. I have uploaded all the evidence (ie, pic of the product, transaction screenshot, free shipping screenshot, etc.) And the Judgment Team said my evidence is invalid. My dispute was rejected because I should upload a video of how the product is a defect. I have to create a video to show them that the product is shorter than the seller's advertisement. How am I going to do that?!? HeZong has blatantly misrepresented a product and play "you didn't read the fine print" card. AliExpress is protecting bad sellers like HeZong because they make money from seller's fee. I am not sure whether it's AliExpress or HeZong, my buyer's feedback (with pic of the actual product!) is not displayed on the ad page. That means HeZong can continue to 'lie and trick' buyers with nice photos.
The good sellers sell products that are like the pictures in their ads. If you are willing to pay extra shipping fee (you can select), the products are usually delivered on time. If you like "Free Shipping", then be warned, it might take 2-4 months to get your order.

johans43
5/3/17

I suggest everyone to stay away from this website because of the following:

Their '' buyer protection '' system is a joke.
If the seller sends you a diffrent item, not the amount you ordered or an empty package then you get only dissatisfying solutions like the following:

Option 1: 25% - 60% refund or sending the items back
Option 2: no refund or full refund / refund based on missing goods if you get official ( damage ) reports from the post office ( which is almost impossible to get )

They always favor their ( scamming ) sellers, if the seller says that the item you received isn't theirs then aliexpress will always give you option 2 which gives me a feeling that they prefer their sellers far more over their customers.
If you receive a empty package or not the amount you ordered and the seller doesn't agree with your complaint then they just have to make a weigh video about the product and aliexpress will favor them even if you can show them that the package you received weights excactly as much as the package information says!

After I opened about 10 disputes over a total of 150 orders they also terminated my account and then you can't open anymore disputes so you lose your money 100%...
There are also many many others which got their accounts terminated as well for '' violating the buyer protection program '' even tho their disputes where valid.
Aliexpress will just ban you and take all the money from the remaining not delivered / not as described orders if you open to much disputes it seems, even if your disputes are valid!!

That all being said: don't think you have actually a good buyer protection at this site.

- They prefer their ( scamming ) sellers whenever is possible
- They ban your account whenever they want so you lose all your money from not received or not as decribed items
- There customer support are robots or something

TL;DR

If you want to shop chinese items, DON'T buy it from aliexpress; NEVER
They can steal all your money and will do that whenever they feel like they want to.
There are a lot better chinese online webshops which have a decent buyer protection program and often support PayPal.

aliciam69
5/3/17

I bought hair and I put in ship to address and after putting in credit card information I had to give billing address which was a PO box ...and yes they sent to PO box but UPS don't deliver to PO box so they delivered to my old address which is a burnt up house....who would leave a package at the door of a burnt house?UPS!!!!! The store Jessica says they finally got a refund from UPS...then gives me a waybill number from DHL...emails me that they sent me out the hair....lies!!!! DHL says they submitted paperwork but never turned the package over to be shipped....then after scamming so many people they change the name of their store(stellar name) and do it all over again.....rip off...I'd rather pay a little more and let someone else take the risk.......Beware!!!!!

johnp529
5/2/17

If you don't get your goods from seller customer services really do not get anything sorted for you at all, seem to be on sellers side. Will tell you they will do this and that but in fact get nothing done and it's frustrating trying to get anywhere with them 1 out of 10, that's the chances of getting money back

terryh119
4/30/17

The Internet Gods have spoken and I received my TV box today, nearly 4 months after my initial order. I thank the Internet Gods for their due diligence.

gotitmadec
4/28/17

Ordered deep wave Brazilian hair..... love it 30,32,34 ....paid $209 for it a good price. Didn't look like the picture, but I love it haven't worn it yet ....Can't wait to put it on ......came within 4 days.

abhijeets8
4/28/17

Wanted to putchase 3pc vase, ordered and paid amount. They declined my transaction stating for security reason. And what they wanted is my credit card details... I mean really???? Who want your credit card number along with ccv number, statement of card and id proof. Next time Aliexpress will ask your ATM PIN also. Beware they are fraud with no customer service

kats54
4/28/17

I have ordered a few times of aliexpress and have lodged a few disputes for incorrectly advertised products. I have had the seller admit to incorrect advertising and STILL they did not give me my money back or send me the right product. Not the first issue. I guess they dont understand logic due to language barrier. They are only after your money!! Be warned!!

gregb115
4/26/17

Aliexpress makes it impossible to get a warranty refund or replacement.
They keep making demands for proof even after photos of a defective item were sent to them, they want more. They have no sympathy for the customer, only to the sellers.
Item tracked from a US address, yet they want the return to go to China.

Tip for consumers: I don't know how you would make sure you don't get ripped off, since Aliexpress seems to only back the sellers.

alexa1888
4/25/17

I have found some truly amazing deals on this site. I have an issue with the fact that when an item does not arrive on time, you have to log in and ask for extra purchase protection time. There have been instances when items have taken up to 5 (yes you read that correctly) months to arrive. I have better things to do than log into this site every 15 days to renew my purchase protection. It should automatically be extended until you receive your item. I have also received quite a bit of "free' stuff because of guaranteed delivery times that they did not meet. When it takes 100 days to arrive and they guarantee it in 45, I have received things for free. If you aren't open to waiting for extremely long shipping times, do not use this site. If you are good with it, you can get some amazing deals.

evaa37
4/25/17

I am very disappointed about Ali Express Customer Service! My phone which I paid for and I have 2 years garantees never worked. After I complained I was told I have to repair it on my own!!! They cheeted on me sending me a broken phone!!!Such a terrible customer service they offer!!!I asked for sending the funtional device or return me the money!!!I regret I ever order any phone from Ali Express. The answer from seller was " repair your device on your own" after getting paid!!!!How horrible!!! Never order any mobiles from them. You loose the money and get the broken phone. Eva Adamova from Prague, Czech Republic

dianeb110
4/25/17

I places 3 orders of seeds.
One packet was sent but according to shipping information it never left the country of origin, Two packets were received but the seeds never sprouted.

tonyp87
4/24/17

I've had many orders cl.pleted without a hitch. But the something happens to an order and it does not arrive. Even though the tracking information shows that the order has not been delivered after 2 months the seller disputes. It is still on going but now I'm not even sure I will get my $80 back for something that never arrived. I guess I'll have to deal with my credit card company if it comes to that. It's hit or miss and you can end up losing your money. You've been warned.

ramzif
4/24/17

Dont buy Xiaomi from Xiaomi Online Store from AliExpress. I baught a phone 3 month the phonethe screen turned off by itself but still working ringtone when someone ring ,charging and flashing u can see the white buttoms flashing white .this is the link
Then after many negotiate i sent it to them and first broken in the buttom and scratch i laughed cause they are talking about other phone after that they said water damage i laughed again cause im sure its not water damaged how its working and flashing except the screen is blank if its water damage it will not work at all this my story with Xiaomi Online Store at AliExpress

shirleyl39
4/22/17

I purchased so many items with Ali Express and some of them went over 70days and so I disputed the ones that I didnt receive. I got an e-mail from Ali Express saying they have my account reviewed and because of the disputed items they are suspending my account. Up to now I haven't received my items and I no refund. Do not buy from Ali Express it is not worth it. You wait so long for a cheap fake quality. Never again.

pamalah1
4/22/17

I purchased some hair extensions and when i received the hair it was nothing like what the picture showed and the hair texture was nothing like I expected. I contacted the seller and we didn't get anything resolved and they wanted me to pay $130 shipping fee to return the product to them which I felt they shoulda paid for the shipping. I will never order anything else from Ali Express again. Just be careful what you order and especially if you order anything from over seas like China bcus you will not be able to return it and get a full refund.

joer215
4/21/17

Over the past few years I have ordered several items from this site only to receive items that crap out or fall apart shortly after I have left a positive feedback. Lately the take the payment for an item then never ship it. They get to use your money for the next few months until a dispute is resolved and hopefully you get it back. The tracking numbers they give you show it in transit by air but still hasn't reached my country 8 weeks later. That's one slow plane. To all alibaba users buy locally and forget this poor service and inferior products.

eliyahun
4/21/17

The order I received was absolutely not as declared. The seller admitted to this fact. I approved pictures and videos proving the order is not as declared. However AliExpress (AliThief) closed both the dispute and the appeal as invalid. They absolutely do not care about customers evidences. Once you payed them - you will never see your money back even if you received absolutely NOT what you payed for.

allana28
4/20/17

I've been an Aliexpress shopper for 4 years. 99% orders are delivered and are exactly what I ordered. But since Dec 2016, the shipping has dropped considerably. What used to take 3-4 weeks, now takes 2-3 months.
What's changed? Perhaps, national post offices are holding parcels to discourage overseas purchasing? The chinese post office laid off 60% of staff.
I don't have the answer, but if your shopping, be prepared for a wait.....a long wait.

irisa10
4/19/17

My account is suspended, I contacted Aliexpress few times but they didn't solve anything. I can't open dispute and purchase protection is running out for few of my orders. And I'm waiting more than 2 mounts for the orders even delivery for my country is 17 to 25 days. They are scamming people. When they notice that you didn't receive your order and that purchase protection is running out they will block your account just so they don't need to make the refund. And they will also block possibility to add a reviews, so all the reviews under the products are filtered and scam also. AVOID!

jims255
4/19/17

Basically they don't care about the buyers. You will open a dispute against products that are defective or don't even show up and then the ALIEXPRESS dispute process screws you over. They ignore you and close your dispute without telling you and you lose all your money.

andreiap
4/19/17

I bought a violin bow from aliexpress, it arrived completely ruined, useless, imposible to play with it. At first they wanted to refund me partial money....than asked me if they refund me all the money i could give them a 5 star review.... than said that wih paypal is easy to refund me, bit since i'be bought by debitcatd, they were not sure if the refund would be processed. Im trying to talk to costumer service and doesnt work either. Im so
Frustrated by trusting them. Dont ever shop on aliexpress, go to WISH instead, much better, great costumer service, and when something you bought doesnt come right, they refund you in 2 days, without even blink.

tayaw2
4/19/17

If I could give aliexpress a 0 , I would. They are a bunch of scammers! Some people they run over & some they don't. I guess it depends on who your sellers are. I ordered 4 bundles of hair & online it said my payment was successful. They text me & tell me my payment didn't go through, but the money isn't in my banking account anymore. Then they delete my payment history !! Just bull$#*!. I should've known it was unprofessional when I got a text instead of emails. What online service doesn't even have a number you can call & get direct help from? Tuh ! Some people say they're really good though, just be careful. But for me, NEVER AGAIN !

suec96
4/18/17

Careful when shopping on this site. The goods are Chinese. VERY VERY cheap quality. I ordered some 40pc souvenirs for my wedding ($126) they came rusted and stained. Only three were in acceptable condition.

I opened a dispute to return them and hopefully receive a refund. They didn't refuse the refund yet they expect me to pay the shipping fees ($336- from New Jersey to China).

Good LUCK!!!!

5 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

293 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the AliExpress staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
sophiaa16
Sophia A.
on 1/24/16
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the AliExpress staff and other customers.

140 Photos for AliExpress