Review of AliExpress

26/F, Tower One, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street
Hong Kong, China

gv33
7/9/17

OMG. I have never had such a miserable experience returning something. The seller sent me the wrong item. I returned it. The seller got it. I received a partial refund. Wait what? Why not full refund? Why not shipping? Why not return shipping? I don't have the product. The seller made the mistake. I opened a dispute. They said it was closed and satisfied at partial refund, so I appealed. Months went by, so I followed up. There was no appeal record. Wait, What?!! So I appealed again and the chat said she'd fix it, but gave no case number. Miserable Experience.

jp237
7/7/17

The online chat of customer service section of Aliexpress.com is totally useless. Cannot find a channel to escalate my feedback directly to Ailexpress itself.
I started to use Aliexpress sometime back, and normally for non expensive products to test out. To be fair, the deliveries had mainly been good except for a few bad incidents. When these happened, it showed aliexpress's true incompetence. It becomes incognito, and hopeless. Sellers refused to make refund for defective products, use delay tactics etc.
Getting more frustrated with Aliexpress's lack of enforcement as the platform ownership for e-transaction.
Every purchase transaction is like taking a gamble.

mariamk5
7/7/17

I could have given five star for the timely delivery but my product was not as ordered. I paid for a 25cm long iPhone charging cable to use with my car charger but they delivered a cable which is about 6 cm long at best. This is very unfortunate and I have had to get another charging cable locally. Reading the awful reviews here, I wont even bother to follow up for a refund or anything.

anuradham1
7/7/17

People should never buy stuff from Ali Express. we pay in advance for the purchased stuff and Ali Express never delivered those products and they won't return money also.pathetic shopping site.

akij
7/4/17

WARNING NEVER BUY FROM ALI EXPRESS SCAMMERS WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND ALI EXPRESS WILL LET IT HAPPEN BUYER PROTECTION IS FAKE I ORDERED ITEMS THAT ARE WORTH $300 AND THEY NEVER CAME THEY SUSPENDED MY ACCOUNT AND SOMETIMES THEY WILL AGREE WITH THE DISPUTE BUT THE MONEY NEVER COMES BACK NEVER BUY FROM THESE SCUMBAGS I RECOMMEND BUYING FROM AMAZON BECAUSE THEY DO THEIR JOB CORRECTLY AND DONT STEAL YOUR MONEY.ONCE ALI EXPRESS TOLD ME TO RETURN AND ITEM WHICH WAS BROKEN AND I PAYED $2 FOR IT THEY TOLD ME TO RETURN IT AND MADE ME RETURN IT THROUGH MY OWN MONEY WHICH I PAYED $13 DOLLARS FOR SHIPPING OR THEY WOULD SUSPEND MT ACCOUNT EVERYTHING IS A LIE I REPEAT STAY AWAY

Tip for consumers: USE :AMAZON,DHGATE
NEVER USE ALI EXPRESS

kemisij
7/1/17

I ordered 3 items from them, I got the first one, but never received the other 2 items. I could not get them to understand what a "cluster" mailbox is so I got no refund on the items I didn't received. I opened a dispute, and they expected me to get all kinds of documentation from the mail service and to check with all of my neighbors to see if they received it..HA..I finally filed a dispute with my credit card company and had my money back within 24 hours, and my dispute is still open with these scam artists.

cv55
6/30/17

I ordered two items that never came and they told me that since it was past the time of dispute i could not receive a refund. do not purchase.

jayf55
6/30/17

Purchased product for $250 and the package arrived empty. The dispute process resulted in both the seller and aliexpress determining no refund with photo proof. so I'm out of pocket and with no product. shop elsewhere!

jefd2
6/28/17

Received 3$ coupon, for a an onder above 15$ value. So I buy an item worth 22$, and then the order immediately automatically gets cancelled with a message saying that I'm not allowed to use the coupon? Some crazy stuff right there.

It's a good way to chase people away rofl.

olivera17
6/28/17

Company scams...DO NOT TRUST ALIBABA. Bought a food caravan from Bill Li at Henan Honlu Machinery Equipment Co., Ltd. Van was crap missing parts and damaged in transit. Ali really dont care once they have your money. ignore goldbuyer and trade assurance. theyre pointless.

lissal1
6/27/17

After paying in full for an order, I find that they charged an EFT fee without my permission or notification at the time of the sale anywhere on the website. Lame rip off.
EFT FEE/INTERNATIONAL TRAN 05/29/17 ALI*ALIEXPRESS.C HANGZHOU 3.00

bobbib10
6/26/17

I ordered a white dress and it came light purple! The beading wasvery cheap looking and the dress had a horrible odor. I ordered it in February, received it in March and sent it back March 26th. I've been in "dispute" ever since. Today aliexpress informed me that I get no money back b/c the dress that I paid $33 to return, has not been delivered. Lost in the mail? Idk. I've filed a lost package claim with the USPS to find it. But until then, I'm out $120.

judyl60
6/26/17

I ordered 10 makeup pouches and received them defective. The buttons don't line up to close. I have tried uploading picture evidence but coincidentally everytime I want to open a dispute about ANY product, I cannot provide evidence on their site and aliexpress blames me for having no evidence. If you haven't figured it out yet, this is how it works. Aliexpress and alibaba are biased towards the suppliers and make the process of trying to file a dispute difficult. The suppliers and aliexpress are in a lot of collusion. I've seen this with products I've searched and suspicious suppliers trying to outsell each other plus my shipping charges kept fluctuating by the minute depending on what I clicked. Suppliers are tryiing to trick you out on shipping, then when you send them the shipping charge for return, they say NO we will not pay for shipping. These suppliers get huge discounts in shipping that they could pass on to you if they like but choose not to. Then you are battling for dollars and cents with petty suppliers. Trust me aliexpress alibaba and the suppliers are involved in a lot of collusion. Their whole system is corrupted. I suggest you get out while you can.

mikeg248
6/26/17

i have bought many cheap items and it was fine.but when i bought a phone ,after 2 months ,it was dead and the seller wasn t friendly with me. not again.

sk584
6/25/17

This website is hit and miss if you you will get returned if the products do not arrive as promised. 1) One vendor sent the wrong product and immediately credited my account. Thank you. 2) Another one partially credited my account for a product I never received. 3) And a third one I'm unable to open a dispute for a product not received. There appears to be no follow up by the aliexpress.com company. Hence, I do nto trust them to do business. I ordered small things in anticipation of ordering larger amount in the future. Their loss.
Signed, Dr. Steve (yes, I'm a physician)
Hence, I am unable to recommend this site to others individuals.

christopheb5
6/25/17

I placed an order 3 months ago and i still haven t received anything. It didn t say it had long waiting times for it to arrive and when i contact customer service (which is a chatbot) theyalways come up with new excuses. This is unacceptable.
I suggest that you think twice or more before ordering from this website

ashm21
6/24/17

Be careful. AliExpress is a fraud. Big scam. I placed the order and although it was promised 60 days delivery. Nothing was delivered for 120 days and when I asked AliExpress to dispute and refund. They just closed the dispute without asking me or confirmation. Then I asked for refund. They knew order is not sent and not delivered but they never refunded the funds of $200.
I wish I could give -5 to them.
Very poor customer service as you only have chat mode and agents are worse in the world

judic6
6/21/17

The company Doesn't live up to it's promises. It takes about 3 months for delivery and is hard to track. You have to document every thing. I strongly do NOT recommend using this company.

cliffl12
6/21/17

BOUGHT A SCOPE FROM THEM IT CAME LOOSE INSDE AND WAS UNUSABLE AFTER 4 MONTHS.
AFTER TALKING TO THEM FOR 10 WEEKS WON'T REFUND MY MONEY

BUYER BEWARE

georgeg128

Dear AliExpress users,
Would like worn you that AliExpress seller HongKong CINGO Technology Co., Ltd selles broker devices and do not take the responsibility to pay out the damage.

I order from him LG V10 5,7. The phone arrived broker. I make a video and send it to AliExpress and mentoined company as evidence. For my unkown reason AliExpress decide that the prove is not trustfull and canceled my disupt.

Still, the phone is broken and mentioned seller do not takes responsibility to refund fully my the paid money.

I am worning you to buy any item from HongKong CINGO Technology Co., Ltd. You will take the risk that you will loss your investment.

Hope have informed you welll.

Best Regards,
George

piph4
6/20/17

I asked for a refund for goods not received.....I ordered 9 items from the seller.....opened a dispute explaining twice that my refund came to almost £12......turns out you have to dispute every single item in the order.....didn't realise this till it was deemed to late to carry on the dispute.....stupid people can't even get this right.

alank51
6/20/17

I can't even sign in to an account to see anything. Customer service button doesn't work. No way to get in touch with them. Totally locked out, but has my money.

Tip for consumers: Do not order anything from this site!!!!!

michaelg341
6/20/17

I've had a warranty claim in for nearly 2 months now. I'm at the point where they are willing to replace my 10" Tablet with a lower grade one because the price of the one I originally purchased has gone up. I expect the same model or better not a downgrade. Their customer service stinks!

dp75
6/19/17

Ordered 8 items of clothing. after 4 disputes and 65 days still nothing has arrived. I have had to go to mybank and dispite the transaction on my credit card to get my 32 dollars back. I warn all Australians NOT TO ORDER from aliexpress or any other chinky chonk site!

amandam203
6/19/17

I've ordered quite a bit from Aliexpress, and I can tell you I get exactly what I ordered. After reading a lot of reviews after my latest purchase on sites like these, I was scared that I would come across a bad seller. But I have yet to. I just ordered a fox wallet from a newish seller June 9th. I received it today, June 19. It was exactly as pictured, even though the pictures were stock photos. Some sellers are very honest, and I do realize there are some fishy people out there. But that's on every site. I got a bag shipped from ebay in the states sent to me damaged, and the seller wants to refund me 3 dollars of the 20 I spent for it. It all depends on how much research you do. Some of these sellers on Ali are honest people who are trying to make a living just like us. I haven't had to return or exchange or open a dispute so I can't speak on those matters, but just buying simple items have all been perfect.

5 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

They cheated me out of my money! I don't trust them and you can't talk to anyone. Stay away from them!!

By Dennis F. on 4/4/16
Helpful answer

You are taking a very big chance by ordering anything from them...you will never get your money back and chances are you won't even receive the item you want. BUYER BEWARE

By Joan P. on 4/23/16
Helpful answer

There is no customer service what so ever so be very careful when buying on AliExpress. Buyer protection is a load of BS and if problems arise with your order they will always side with the seller. I would suggest using a shop that someone that you know has already used to purchase hair.

By Melody F. on 2/29/16
Helpful answer

I had this issue several times. The issue is that they only allow a certain number of characters ( Letters and numbers) in the description of the problem. So you will need shorten the number of words in the description and re-send until it goes through.

By JAMES B. on 11/1/15
Helpful answer

From my experience, there are as responsible sellers and is not responsible sellers. Second worse then have to raise a dispute. If this does not help, then raise a dispute above, and then as they say it all depends on You. As far as your arguments are strong. Almost always get a refund in the amount of shipping cost or part cost of the goods, if the goods were not received appropriate quality. Less full price. The full value is returned when the order didn't come at all. Also when you have paid but you did not send an order for a certain time. But again, it all depends on your arguments and facts provided by the seller or, to the Commission on the proceedings of the claims. But it is also necessary to take into account all the items from the seller, this is what guarantees he gives, product reviews buyers. And his overall rating. Never be lazy to write a review about the product from a particular seller, you will be the same customers as You. There is also an important factor, which I would say is pretty negative. It if the product was defective and not as described on the website. The seller has the punkt Returns accepted if product not as described, buyer pays return shipping; or keep the product & agree refund with seller.) 1. If the seller accepts returns, and the buyer also wants to return their purchase, simply follow the seller's sets of Returns on who will pay the return shipping fee. If the seller will pay the fee, communicate with them in advance about the payment method and the logistics service. 2. If a seller sets no return necessary or you want to keep the product, simply agree the refund amount directly and ignore the return shipping fee. It turns out that if you decide to return, it will often more expensive than the product itself and the meaning of no turning back, because when you return the money, only for the goods excluding the cost of shipping there and back. Therefore, I can not sell brand quality products, and will only return part of the money for the goods. That financial will have a negative impact but only You. Which means be careful, $#*! all the "pros" and "cons". You are not forced to buy it personally, Your decision. The more You provide facts that you have been deceived, the more chances and money You have spent, You will return. For all the time of purchase, the money is returned in full or in part. The Commission for the analysis of complex situations works, but is considering the case for a long time, so don't despair if You didn't reply, just "keep abreast" and you will not lose anything Sorry my bad English :)

By Yaroslav B. on 4/15/15
Helpful answer

Those swindlers sell what they don't have... forget about it... they are a bunch of Chinese thieves!

By Dirk v. on 2/4/16
Helpful answer

Omigod, they're not just knockoffs, they're knockoffs that are produced in someone's ill-lit basement by captive chimpanzees that are blind, malnourished, and suffering closed head injuries. Seriously, you'd get better value from your money if you used it to wipe your bum. Don't buy from this group of criminals and ripoff artists!

By Deborah W. on 10/24/15
Helpful answer

Hi! Yes, the site is real but if you want to buy from there, I recommend that you don't spend to much money and buy only unexpensive stuff, because you may get your product with default and without your money back!

By Luis M. on 7/22/15
Helpful answer

no I did not ,but I don,t recommend it because the pic it not the same

By hyder h. on 9/21/15
Helpful answer

I did not buy and shoes but the clothes I purchased all were so far from being true to size I wouldn't try it. I would not recommend buying any clothing from this site unless you don't care what size you get.

By Cindy B. on 6/23/15
Questions? Get answers from the AliExpress staff and other customers.

143 Photos for AliExpress