Review of AliExpress

26/F, Tower One, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street
Hong Kong, China

tonyg90
9/6/17

This site is full of scammers looking to take your hard earned money for fake junk that will not do what you have bought it for copies of quality products that they have badly copied. Caution caution caution

amara28
9/4/17

They are thieves. Got an broken item and started a dispute, videos and photos weren't good enough evidence. So no refund and no new item for me. They should be put in prison

brundhar
9/4/17

The prices are cheap and you can never get prices such low. But it will take a lot of time for the goods to get delived. But worth the patience

jamesk238
9/3/17

everything i have bought off there arrived only had 1 problems out of 200 items ive bought

one was the wrong color seller let me keep item and sent the right color one :)

really good site and prices are cheap sometime ebay and tomtop banggood ect can be much cheaper

ronalda33
9/3/17

I have purchased several items through AliExpress that included toys, electronics, and 3D printers. Whenever there had been an issue the company has backed the seller and not honored their guarantee.

The first issue that I had was a 3D printer that I purchased. The printer was listed as an auto leveling printer but when I received it it was a very basic printer with no auto level. AliExpress states that there is a full refund if the product received is not what was ordered. I immediately filed a dispute with AliExpress and even sent documentation showing the wrong printer was sent plus information showing that it would cost more then the purchase price of the product for me to send the printer back from the US. I even gave the option for the seller to send the correct parts to add auto level to the printer even though it was the incorrect one.
AliExpress took over a month with the dispute and kept asking for documentation that had peen provided on numerous occasions. Eventually they closed the dispute stating that there was not enough evidence to support the dispute.
I had had a good experience previous to the printer so I decided to make another purchase for a rear view mirror with GPS, DVR, and back up camera. I needed it fairly quickly and made sure to look at the guaranteed delivery times on several products listed. The item I finally settled on had an on-time delivery guarantee of 7 days which was perfect since I needed it in a couple of weeks so I had time to install it before my trip.
7 days came and went and still no package. I contacted the seller who said it was on its way so I waited another week but still nothing. Going into week 3 I filed a dispute with AliExpress.

Here is what AliExpress states under Buyer Protection.
On-time delivery of 7 days.
Full refund if product isn't received in 7 days.

Package finally showed up a month after ordering it. 3 weeks past the guaranteed delivery of 7 days so I figured everything would be found in my favor since tracking information backed my claim perfectly but that was not the case. AliExpress kept telling me that the product was on the way and to be patient and then wanting me to modify the dispute. Another month and SURPRISE!! AliExpress found in favor for the seller AGAIN!!

I purchase items from China all the time through various companies and understand that mistakes happen but AliExpress does not even honor any of their guarantees. Stay away from this company unless you like to gamble with your money and purchase the item elsewhere. Even paying a little extra is better then loosing all of your money.

frederickn5
9/1/17

Bought guitar. Billed my card. Never recieved. No phone number that works. Won't acknowledge the very same info they used to bill me to contact complaint department or file dispute or reach customer service. Say my info is invalid and my account never existed. Yet, they billed my non existent account for what is now my non existent guitar. Have tried every angel and avenue to make contact with Aliexpress and the seller. No venue of contacting them. They are simply criminals. Hope America bombs the living crap out of their country and destroys their headquarters and every thieving bastard that runs thier criminal operation.

osikaj
9/1/17

I purchased an item worth 2 dollar but i urgently need it so i purchased a fast delivery fedex which bring up a total of 30 dollar. The seller rip my 27 dollar delivery fees and used a china delivery method which force me to wait. I tried to communicate but there were no respond. I then seek for "customer service" three times and was told to just wait and they will contact the seller on my behalf and get back to me by the day(again no action were taken). I again try to ask for help was told to open a dispute which will only be availabe 10 days after delivery and wait 5 days for the seller to response. You can guess no respond

Long story short. Time waste ping-ponging. Money wasted.

imap2
9/1/17

My first order (from a different seller) went just fine, however my current order from Wang Meilin has been a disaster that has gone on for 3 months and Aliexpress customer service has done nothing but make false promises. I paid for my order 7/2/2017 and it stated at that time on screen "You should receive your order within 19-39 days, setbacks such as logistical delays and customs clearance can influence the delivery time." As I would periodically track my order I could see there was no movement after about the 13th of July, and it never entered the USA. 7/20/2017 I contact the seller asking about the progress of my order, and I received no reply. 8/20/2017 I opened a dispute through Aliexpress. It stated onscreen "Estimated time Aug. 27 2017" for the dispute negotiation to be complete. 8/29/2017 I contacted customer service to find out what the status was, and when I could expect to receive my refund. I was told the by Alyssa Onassis "case team has stepped in now" and when I asked "Will I receive my money back within 24 hours?" I was told "if they solve today. . .and within at most 24 hours I will cotnact them and copy you :)". After not receiving a refund, ad hearing nothing else from customer service or the seller I contacted them again 8/31/2017 to find the status of my refund and was told then it had not been escalated, and that I would have to wait another 3-5 days before I would hear anything. When I explained I was already assured it had been escalated and the case team was working on it, and I was promised a refund within 24 hours 3 days prior, I was told that they were sorry, but that the case team was in another country and that they had no direct way to communicate with them, and that customer service can't issue a refund- only this other unreachable department. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY OR SELLER!!! They don't stand behind their promises, and they do not protect their customers from unscrupulous sellers!

nwp1
9/1/17

DO NOT BUY FROM ALIEXPRESS!

Terrible experience. Dealt with a seller (BDIEN Bike Store) who is a liar and thief. I ordered large pants, but I was sent a pair that were a similar to a small child size pants. I couldnt even fit my legs in. I sent the seller proof that he had the wrong sizes for US large. What he called "large" was in actuality a "small". The seller was rude and had no customer service skill.

So keep these 2 things in mind:
1. When you buy on Aliexpress be prepared for rude sellers, no customer service,
2. If you aren't satisfied with your order expect and no refunds. If you want to return any items from the USA, the sellers do not provide free return shipping. To ship to China it will cost at a minimum $35 - $50 for small items, so it isn't worth it for items less than $50.00. Aliexpress knows this and that is why they offer a "money back refund when the items are returned". They know most people in the US aren't going to return the item because it is too expensive.

DO NOT BUY FROM ALIEXPRESS!

stevea139
8/31/17

I'm surprised at all the bad reviews of Ali. Ali has been great for me. I think the purchase protection system is way better than Ebay. They don't release the money to the seller until 15 days after you acknowledge receipt of the item. Once I had a damaged item shipped to me. I sent pictures to Ali asking for a partial refund and I was refunded immediately. I like that I can use my credit card on Ali because I've been screwed by Paypal with fraudulent sellers on Ebay a couple times. Anyone who thinks Paypal is safe is Naive. If Paypal can screw you they will. True some of the stuff on Ali is Chinese junk but it's no different from the Chinese junk on Ebay and other websites and I often (not always) find the best price on Ali. I've ordered many many items from Ali and have never had a problem that wasn't fixed. That's not something I can say about Ebay.

jninjam

no of times i ordered : 4

quality : Good

i usually order from seller with 97% rating. I haven't received a bad product yet. They do take time . Mostly 1 months. But i can wait so its no problem for me.

manuelr39
8/31/17

Good electronic products. Super cheap price. The shipping time to Spain is a little bit large but if you are not in a hurry is a good choice.

ts255
8/30/17

NO REFUND FOR DEFECTS, EVEN IF STATED CLEARLY IN DESCRIPTION.

SELLERS DO NOT RESPOND.

CUSTOMER SERVICE CAN'T HELP.

christianm89
8/30/17

this website is a good website everything what i orded on this website is has be come
and if you have a problem with a seller thea can help you with that because i had one and on facebook if you have a account on it you can chat with the costermer service and thea help me alot and the prices are really good i love it

daniellec93
8/30/17

They are selling counterfeit items, no way to reach anyone who speaks or understand English. HORRIBLE SERVICE!

ggga
8/29/17

got defective item and had to prove it over and over, finally did and dispute was in my favor and was told would get refund in 3-20 days, what bull it has been almost 2 months and no refund even after chat with customer service that says a bunch of crap but refund does not come.

yuvalc
8/27/17

Ali-express, is a huge platform to purchase anything at good prices.
But there so many problems one should be aware. Many products are fake or not new or "real copy". They do not work with PayPal so you must use your credit card. They do not have a real insurance. Once you had a problem with the seller, they will not take your side too many times and you will end with bad products without the possibility to return or to refund. (they should have learned from Amazon how to treat a customer - Amazon are the best) . So, I would recommend to buy from others (E-BAY has PayPal) and if not possible, only cheap items if at all

douglasm93
8/27/17

I have purchased from them many times. I have been fortunate to have received several good products for a great price. Unfortunately I have more often than not received a product that looks little or nothing like what I ordered. I have also very frequently not received an item at all! You have a limited time frame to use to open a dispute with a seller, but the products can take 6 months to arrive! By the time the seller concedes to send you another product and you have waited another 6 months for it to arrive your claim period has been over a long time ago. The end result is you either receive the product at last and are unable to rate the seller for their ship time, or you do not receive a product and have no way of disputing further or rating the seller as a fraud. Can't tell you haw many times I have been on the wrong end of that scenario.

Oh and guess what - They don't have a phone number and cannot be contacted by email! The only way to speak to someone is through a chat window that limits the amount of characters you can send to the equivalent of two sentences at a time. So the agent on the other end has a limited idea of what the issue is and is quick to send you chasing your tail in response.

I am 100% done with them and DO NOT RECOMMEND!

lolab18
8/25/17

They scam you out of money by sending fakes. Or not what you really ordered. Tested it out just to see if everyone was right.

georjeannee
8/25/17

I have been shopping at AliExpress for several months and have made quite a few purchases. I have not had any problems with anything I have purchased.
I ordered two spinner rings that did not spin. I notified them and the entire amount paid was refunded, and I did not need to return the rings. I purchased two ceramic drawer pulls which were broken in the mail. Again, entire amount refunded, no need to send back. Refunds were made very quickly, within 24-48 hours - - much more quickly than the shipping time.
IMHO, the prices are lower than you would pay in the States for similar quality.
I have purchased kitchen tools, a Leatherman tool bracelet (very very nice!), parts for jewelry-making, bathroom accessories, and magnets.
I have some favorite stores which I fully trust to send high quality goods for the price paid. I also usually stick to those with free shipping.
I have steered away from electronics and electrical things.
If you want to shop at AliExpress, these are my tips:
be prepared for the long ship times
stay on top of your orders - check at least once a week to see if they have been shipped, or if the order is coming close to the closing time
if the order has been shipped, keep track of the time to receive it
if your order has been shipped, and you have not received it, let them know!
start small! Order some inexpensive things to see the quality
keep your expectations realistic - don't expect $100 worth of merchandise for $1!!!
if you have a problem, let the seller know
write reviews of the items that you receive

ivonetam
8/24/17

"Because it depends on which seller you pick! You have to check the reviews if there are any or the stars they have. They also have reviews on their accounts. I order a lot of different things from Aliexpress and they are really good! If something broke during the shipment they will fix it and you can just open a dispute or you can work it out with the seller. You just have to be patient, that's all..."

wlew1
8/23/17

it works, delivery is slow but things are cheap.

never had a misdeliver

have ordered maybe 25 things in a year

i like

some things are just as cheap on amazon
these tend to be things that are hard to ship from china :)

wle

thun13
8/23/17

Will come back
I was a bit scare of place an order here but after 2 times , but everything is ok. the items arrive on time and look good .

peteo9
8/22/17

I got fraud Micro SD card. Instead of 128 GB I got defective 8 GB. Aliexpress wanted me to record video that shows capacity of card test. Test takes around 4-5 hours. This is ridiculous. How can I do 5 hours video to prove that card is fake. They release my money to fraud seller. Do not buy any memory card, flash drives, hard drives on Aliexpres. you will get fake items and cannot prove it to be refunded.

vijayas1
8/22/17

I never received my order. Must be my bad luck. Furthermore, I was lied to so that I missed the opportunity to open dispute. It is crystal clear to me now how aliexpress makes its billions and I certainly would not recommend that company to anyone (not even to my enemy if I had one).

5 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

They cheated me out of my money! I don't trust them and you can't talk to anyone. Stay away from them!!

By Dennis F. on 4/4/16
Helpful answer

You are taking a very big chance by ordering anything from them...you will never get your money back and chances are you won't even receive the item you want. BUYER BEWARE

By Joan P. on 4/23/16
Helpful answer

There is no customer service what so ever so be very careful when buying on AliExpress. Buyer protection is a load of BS and if problems arise with your order they will always side with the seller. I would suggest using a shop that someone that you know has already used to purchase hair.

By Melody F. on 2/29/16
Helpful answer

I had this issue several times. The issue is that they only allow a certain number of characters ( Letters and numbers) in the description of the problem. So you will need shorten the number of words in the description and re-send until it goes through.

By JAMES B. on 11/1/15
Helpful answer

From my experience, there are as responsible sellers and is not responsible sellers. Second worse then have to raise a dispute. If this does not help, then raise a dispute above, and then as they say it all depends on You. As far as your arguments are strong. Almost always get a refund in the amount of shipping cost or part cost of the goods, if the goods were not received appropriate quality. Less full price. The full value is returned when the order didn't come at all. Also when you have paid but you did not send an order for a certain time. But again, it all depends on your arguments and facts provided by the seller or, to the Commission on the proceedings of the claims. But it is also necessary to take into account all the items from the seller, this is what guarantees he gives, product reviews buyers. And his overall rating. Never be lazy to write a review about the product from a particular seller, you will be the same customers as You. There is also an important factor, which I would say is pretty negative. It if the product was defective and not as described on the website. The seller has the punkt Returns accepted if product not as described, buyer pays return shipping; or keep the product & agree refund with seller.) 1. If the seller accepts returns, and the buyer also wants to return their purchase, simply follow the seller's sets of Returns on who will pay the return shipping fee. If the seller will pay the fee, communicate with them in advance about the payment method and the logistics service. 2. If a seller sets no return necessary or you want to keep the product, simply agree the refund amount directly and ignore the return shipping fee. It turns out that if you decide to return, it will often more expensive than the product itself and the meaning of no turning back, because when you return the money, only for the goods excluding the cost of shipping there and back. Therefore, I can not sell brand quality products, and will only return part of the money for the goods. That financial will have a negative impact but only You. Which means be careful, $#*! all the "pros" and "cons". You are not forced to buy it personally, Your decision. The more You provide facts that you have been deceived, the more chances and money You have spent, You will return. For all the time of purchase, the money is returned in full or in part. The Commission for the analysis of complex situations works, but is considering the case for a long time, so don't despair if You didn't reply, just "keep abreast" and you will not lose anything Sorry my bad English :)

By Yaroslav B. on 4/15/15
Helpful answer

Those swindlers sell what they don't have... forget about it... they are a bunch of Chinese thieves!

By Dirk v. on 2/4/16
Helpful answer

Omigod, they're not just knockoffs, they're knockoffs that are produced in someone's ill-lit basement by captive chimpanzees that are blind, malnourished, and suffering closed head injuries. Seriously, you'd get better value from your money if you used it to wipe your bum. Don't buy from this group of criminals and ripoff artists!

By Deborah W. on 10/24/15
Helpful answer

Hi! Yes, the site is real but if you want to buy from there, I recommend that you don't spend to much money and buy only unexpensive stuff, because you may get your product with default and without your money back!

By Luis M. on 7/22/15
Helpful answer

no I did not ,but I don,t recommend it because the pic it not the same

By hyder h. on 9/21/15
Helpful answer

I did not buy and shoes but the clothes I purchased all were so far from being true to size I wouldn't try it. I would not recommend buying any clothing from this site unless you don't care what size you get.

By Cindy B. on 6/23/15
Questions? Get answers from the AliExpress staff and other customers.

146 Photos for AliExpress