US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

chibaib
8/30/16

Blacklist the sellers who do the wrong thing. Otherwise all good. Got my refund after not receiving the goods. I deal with the same sellers. If a new seller, I will test him/her out by buying a small product before buying larger quantiies.

jackh103
8/30/16

My delivery was withhold on custom and then got send back to seller, I've file a dispute, they keep telling me to wait for parcel for 2 months then close dispute as I didn't provide any evidences and transfer my money to seller. So seller has both my money and product, while I have nothing
I've purchased 300$ phone...

damd2
8/29/16

never thought that going to make purchase on any site but ebay (after making it on gearbest).
but tried order some cheap staff on aliexpress and was surprised by their service. It is real fast delivery. And they seriously care about customers. So I've made more purchase on ali and I am 100 percent satisfied with time of delivery and the quality of items.

angelas117
8/29/16

I recently purchased a new handbag from aliexpress and was more than happy to wait the 30 or so days for its arrival, i then received a letter from Customs stating that my goods had been detained. i later contacted aliexpress to say that my goods had not arrived and that the goods were witheld at HM Customs i also sent aliexpress a copy of the letter. Unbelievably they found in favour of the seller and not the person who was charged for goods which never arrived and are still with HM Customs. I purchased this item in good faith and never thought for one minute i would be robbed in this fashion. If you are looking for goods dont get them from aliexpress RUN A MILE TO A SAFER SITE!!!!!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Run A Mile

liml7
8/29/16

paid for items and never got them, even the tracking shows that the items are still in china!! and then aliexpress decides to terminate my account and not allow me to open disputes or contact customer service!! screw you, stupid china crapwhores!!

joshuak34
8/28/16

Horrible coupon process
It's faulty and a scam
Alibaba kill yourself with your big ass forehead

linneaj1
8/28/16

The wrong item was sent and they make you pay the return shipping even though it is their mistake. Customer service does NOTHING!

READ BEFORE YOU ORDER! I WISH I DID...

reneeo5
8/27/16

at aliespress sellers can take your money post false tracking numbers, false pictures for their products and when you try to complain the only person you can talk to is a lame chatting service that limits how much you can say, blurrs the images you try to send as proof, limits the amount of evidence you can provide, have incompetent staff that blatantly lie to you. it has been over a month and i still don\t have my item or my refund. shop with amazon they are safe.

mikem408
8/27/16

aliexpress !!!!! FAKE FAKE FAKE ... Affiliate of my aliexpress sell tablet luogu octacore 2 giga ram mtk 6592 and I said that was pre-installed the play store..otan my received had lied and I went to technical install ... o O MY GOD ... had 1 giga ram and was guad core with mtk 6582 ... tHE LORD HU BOND wITH MAIL message@notice.aliexpress.com ..... their continuity and not bother me Reply ! !!!!!!!! NO NO NO ALIEXPRESS FAKE FAKE .... will go to consumer protection and will find my right and my money !!!!!

calvinr15
8/26/16

I have a shipment and cannot track it because the website does not allow this. It is broken. I have tried it on my phone as well. I regret that I even ordered from you guys and will NEVER make this mistake again!!! I should have read the other reviews before ordering from this company.

thec20
8/26/16

I have purchased products from Ali Express and was cheated.I ordered herbs(powder)and after they sent me something else I was told I can't get my money back. I was asked to prove that this is not the correct herbs by the web site. The web site does not protect the buyer! Be very, very, very careful. You cannot send them back to China because it would cost more than the prize of the item. Do not use it. Be careful.

kimd66
8/25/16

On Aliexpress, you will find a little bit more obscure Asian fashion among other things. Some of the sellers on there are great! Look closely at reviews and look for sellers with good feedback, especially comments about how good the quality is and how similar it is to the stockphoto. I've received great items from there that match the stock photos exactly! Only once did I not receive what I was really looking for. The only downside is that I don't really like the packaging that most sellers send their packages in as it looks really dirty and kind of scary to open but I guess thats what you get for really cheap shipping options. Other than that, feel free to try from a reputable seller on there.

Tip for consumers: Pay very close attention to the reputation of your sellers and buy from sellers that have good feedback about how close it matches the stockphotos and how good the quality is. Don't be afraid to look at the bad reviews though. Keep in mind, all sellers will have bad reviews sometimes but really good sellers have proportionally few bad reviews or respond to the review to help them out.

vickyeg
8/24/16

I had my fair share of not very good sellers but I usually got good ones. I do not buy clothes anymore from them because 1-the size are really not the same from here and 2-the quality is almost always not that good. I usually order for some jewels, little treats and such, pretty much basic stuff! The shipping is usually very long thought but I dont mind. I recommand but you might stumble apon a bad seller, do be careful.

mem124
8/20/16

wowww. was gonna order a dress but after seeing all of these complaints, Heckk noooo!!

jasonb225
8/19/16

Im done with aliexpress. Sure some will say hey you just have to be careful and check the credentials of the sellers and the feedback. But that doesnt work. Its not accurate. As others have said people who are ripped off can get blackmailed into giving 5 star ratings (for a full refund instead of a partial refund). Also sellers can edit the feedback! Yes thats right.
For example, this quote from one seller says it all
"Buyer Notice
If you have any problems ,Pls feel free to let us know ,We dont accept any negative feedback before communicate with us. Also Pls check the infomations on the link before you make order .Thank you very much !!! Skype:chopin-lee-1 Whatsapp:+86-13530349012"

So yes when they say "We dont accept any negative feedback before communicate with us" that means that they can stop publishing of negative feedback.
How do I know this? because I posted negative feedback on a phone that was never shipped to me (and they lied about it).. i was given a fake tracking number and they led me on for 5 frigging weeks.. instead of just admitting they didnt have stock, they kept lying saying oh yes we have it in stock, please wait a bit longer..
I never swore and I was always polite, even with my feedback i was polite, but my feedback was never published!
I have bought some good products on aliexpress. I know how to find good products.. but its the sellers and service that is the problem. Im tired of been lied to about shipping, about stock. About reasons for things. In the last 6 months ive had about a 50% success rate with getting stock to my door. Thats really crap. Some people will buy from aliexpress and get an ok service for a while. But sooner or later you will get burned.
Aliexpress is ok if you have all the time in the world. If you are trying to run a business then look elsewhere. Drop shipping or buying and selling just doesnt work with aliexpress. Its just too unreliable.
Im now buying from lightinthebox. Their reviews are good and their service is good because youa re not dealing with tons of different sellers and scammers. Just one company and they do have real stock. They are not just resellers. plus their shipping and processing times are short. Aliexpress processing times for some sellers can be up to a month! can you imagine a month to process your order? And the condescending replies if you complain.. OH dont worry, we will send out real soon. You dont need worry we are good seller you can trust us."
Um, so that reply was to my questions about what had happened to my order. They didnt answer any of my questions?! Just say oh dont worry. Thats the kind of responses you get.
Also peopel say hey its not aliexpresses fault. its the sellers. But thats not true. Ive heard that some of the best reliable sellers get their accounts closed on aliexpress for no reason and without explanations. So it seems what is happening is that aliexpress is accepting bribes from compeditors. So it is deleting accounts for those good sellers in favor of corrupt sellers.
So aliexpress is actually doing illegal trading by favoring certain sellers. Allowing fake feedback and editing of feedback.
Im done with aliexpress. I can get all the same products from lightinthebox faster and easier for the same price. Its a no brainer for me.

Tip for consumers: dont use this site. there are better sites offering the same products.

pattyq3
8/18/16

I have not received any orders from Aliexpress for several weeks and I was getting my products daily... recently I got two notices from the US department of Agriculture saying that my seeds had been confiscated...I had no idea they were illegal... but I would still like to get the other items I ordered... I love the site but not so much now since I can't get my orders

jennyl64
8/16/16

They claim to have Buyers Protection, this is untrue. I ordered a total of 3 items from different sellers through Aliexpress. I received 2 of the 3 items. I left positive feedback for those 2 items. The other 1 never arrived, so I lodged a Dispute through Aliexpress, by communication with the Seller. The Seller offered me $0.00 Refund. A few weeks later Aliexpress stepped in...their outcome was to offer me nothing due to a lack of evidence. They asked for photo evidence, or upload proof. I couldn't send anything because I never received anything. The tracking from China shows my item is still in transit, but according to them this was not proof.. My reply to Aliexpress is:-
I have purchased other items through Aliexpress and received my order. THIS ORDER HAS NOT BEEN RECEIVED...IT IS NOT AT THE POST OFFICE. You have not offered me a refund. You can see that the item has not even arrived at the destination Country. Aliexpress can see the feedback I have left previously for received goods. Why would I say that I haven't received goods unless it's true. You are basically saying that I have lied Aliexpress. Your Buyer Protection is Fraudulent. Everyone will know this. :-
Buyers Beware, be prepared to loose your money of you buy anything through Aliexpress, it's hit and miss with them.

rebeccaz5
8/15/16

Never buy things from AliExpress! Besides the shipping speed is extremely slow (usually takes 40-60 days to ship), the quality is extremely bad! The products quality is even worse than those sold in China! And there is no customer service at all! Seller refuses to return anything and replies in extremely rude and offensive tone, even the product was broken right after arrived.

grimmr
8/15/16

Long delivery times. Most of my orders took around 2-3 weeks. Most orders were tracked so showed the deliveries. But the ones that weren't tracked, only half were actually delivered. They say there will be a refund on the site but I have to wait another month to see this. Will update if there is.
Products were mostly as they seem and I was happy with them.
Although one was nothing like the picture they displayed. Should have checked the reviews more closely.
Even if they say, there would not be exchanges or refunds once the product is received.
Order wisely by checking every detail that is available to you.

tobiv
8/14/16

Terrible, atrocious. Honestly just a scam. I ordered several items, I was charged and items never arrived. There was very minimal help or communication from sells. Overall the buyers protection is very poor. My option on this online store is you are going to a lottery shop and the chance of you winning is equivalent of the chance your product will actually arrive.

joec103
8/13/16

AliExpress overview
With thousands upon thousands of items and sellers, Aliexpress is, unfortunately, a "crap shoot" at best. This is no Amazon nor even at the level of eBay when it comes to genuine business ethics.

I have used AliExpress many times, but in doing so I fully expect each and every time, to possibly lose my money should a dispute occur. The reason for this is that Alibaba (the parent company) and Aliexpress do not focus upon full customer satisfaction and protection.

The escrow feature where, as a customer, payment to the seller is withheld until delivery and product inspection has near zero credibility. In searching for positive reviews of this buyer protection, I was unable to find any instance where Alibaba/Aliexpress sided with the buyer. In other words, this "buyer protection" is basically worthless; a complete sham.

Site the fact that Alibaba has refused to use PayPal as a purchase payment method likely because they (Alibaba) realizes they'd lose most disputes if PayPal began really protecting buyers. This leaves the buyer with having to file a consumer claim with their credit card issuer. This leaves debit card users, unless your debit card issuer offers protection, with no real recourse to recover their money.

So why do I use Aliexpress to make purchases?

I do so but only for small price items. Basically, for me, that's up to $50. The amount I am willing to lose outright from Alibaba/Aliexpress' useless customer protection via the escrow/dispute system.

Is it all bad?

No. In fact, not unlike many many small business owners and single proprietorships on eBay, Amazon and many other sites, the sellers and small manufacturers who use Aliexpress (and Alibaba) are decent, forthright business people. They're trying to make an honest living and their reputations are very important to themselves. I have a few great examples of this.

I ordered a $2 USD set of earplugs for my lady who is currently living overseas. I was ordering a dress for her and while doing so, saw the ear buds and told myself that for $2 the loss would be immaterial.

16 days later the ear buds arrived but, unfortunately, on of the earpieces wasn't working. Instead of posting a poor review and instead of using the worthless dispute system, I simply sent a message to the seller letting them know that the ear buds arrived in a non-working state.

The seller apologized, told me to discard the broken item and they shipped out a replacement via EMS so she'd get them as quickly as possible. The replacement ear buds arrived in 10 days and worked just fine. Even though I wasn't concerned about the $2 item, the seller didn't want a poor review and made sure their customer (me) was satisfied.

Prior to any aliexpress purchase, I attempt to perform my due diligence by reviewing the sellers offering the products I seek. I also look for buyer reviews as well although, unfortunately, on Aliexpress, the reviews hold less credibility than reviews on places like Amazon or Walmart.

It's unfortunate that Alibaba/Aliexpress has failed to institute strict moderated review policies backed by actual logistics proving reliability. Then again, any customer review database has to be taken with a certain amount of skepticism. Caveat Emptor works in all directions. There are too many instances of false or faked positive feedback reviews without the website or facilitating company (Amazon, eBay, etc) strictly moderating such reviews.

One has to realize that a $5 dress or $0.50 thong is not going to be of premium quality. You can find decent quality items on Aliexpress for much less cost than elsewhere. Especially if the shipping is free and you don't end up having to pay tariff, customs or Vat on the items (the plus side of having few tariffs in the USA).

The difficulty is with purchasing electronics via Aliexpress because if you receive a defective item the burden of return shipping is going to be on the buyer and add to that the time delay. Making electronics purchases from Aliexpress, without credible protection from Alibaba/Aliexpress, is a total crap shoot at best. You're better off using eBay since almost 100% of China based sellers use, and even require, PayPal.

The other caveat being warranties in that, very often, international products don't carry manufacturer warranties. Meaning you have to ship any defective items back to China for repair or replacement. There are exceptions but then again customer service within the USA for many electronic items is poor as well.

Overall, I have had "OK" experience with textile purchases via Aliexpress. I have purchased higher quality (more expensive) clothing and had good luck with my purchases.

When I buy inexpensive clothing items I keep my expectations very low and usually end up nicely surprised. Or I get what I paid for, cheap clothing items. Then again, cheap clothing at Walmart isn't of much better quality either. The only plus being I can count on Walmart to make and keep me satisfied by refunding or replacing items that fail my expectations.

As for Alibaba itself, I can only imagine the experiences small business owners in the USA (or anywhere) must endure in finding reputable manufacturers and wholesalers.
When not a Walmart or Apple, Inc you haven't the ability to ensure what you want is what you get. It's unfortunate Alibaba and Aliexpress aren't more ethical as compared to the small business owners I have gladly done business with located in China.

On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being perfect), Aliexpress gets a solid 2 from me. I can't give them anymore until the buyer protection becomes "real" and not merely a marketing gimmick. I shall continue to do small expense item purchases at Aliexpress but that's all.

sandras136
8/13/16

Hu Guilan said they shipped my product. This was in May. I still haven't got it and they said it is out of stuck. Because the stupid buyer protection was closed they won't give me refund. Try to reach customer service and it goes to unsafe site. Got nothing but a big headache since May...it is now August. Hu Guilan store is horrible.

jeremyh54
8/12/16

I made an order and paid for it. I never got any tracking information. Eventually, the seller said they hadn't sent. After a long wait, you can open a Dispute. When I did they the seller repeatedly told me they would only refund me after I had changed my reason for the dispute to say I had cancelled the order. I refused to do this and after many messages the seller refunded me less than I paid for it. They closed the dispute and after an hour or so I can't find any way of reopening it or communicating with AliExpress. How can they close it without my agreement? All the Buyer Protection stuff is BS there is no Buyer Protection. Its the last time I use AliExpress

zahraha
8/12/16

They deactivated my account, I didn't get any order till now since two months ordering!!! And guess what? They will not return my money!! I can't open dispute!! Where is customer rights??? Soooo baaaad

alim84
8/11/16

I have been buying from this site for 4years and must have bought a couple of hundred items.. art and jewellery supplies the only problem I ever has was when I bought two items of clothing where the quality and size was awful but anything else I ever bought was perfect and I always contacted the seller before I bought to ask for a picture of the actual item so I've stuck to the same few reliable sellers and you really need to test out different sellers..I bought the same item 3times from 3 diff sellers with diff ratings and prices and amazingly the ones I found the best were those with a lower scoring

4 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

233 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the AliExpress staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question