US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

monicam79
1/23/17

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM AliExpress! The items in the pictures, are not what they send you. Additionally, since AliExpress is in China, they also DO NOT SPEAK OR know how to WRITE ENGLISH!!!. The item I purchased was not what I received in the mail. Not only was the ad on the item totally different from the picture, there were spelling errors :):):) :) Now I am in a 'pissing' war to get a refund from someone who doesn't speak or write English??????????????? DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM ALIEXPRESS!!!! Yes, the prices are cheap, but DO NOT let that affect your decisions. You will regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keek3
1/22/17

I have bought many things from this site. But I have problem with 2 sets of Active Noise Cancelling earphones. They will not hold their charge. One runs out after about 10 minutes and the other runs out after about 2 hours. I opened a dispute and got nowhere from them. I was asked repeatedly to furnish video evidence, but how can I video the earphone for 2 hours? I wanted to send them an email, but could only chat with them. When I did so, I obviously was chatting to a robot, for I only got general, preprogrammed response. This is unlike AMAZON where I ALWAYS get an emailed reply within 24 hours. Their customer service is worse than useless, it just makes the customer angrier. ORDER: 30287802420533

elizabetha85
1/22/17

I paid once for an order, so I thought, they kept charging my account. I got a few cheap stuff then nothing. My partner just passed away as I started receiving my credit card bill and I didn't notice right away that there were unwarranted charges. They do a really good job at being legit but they're scammers.

dianee25
1/22/17

Why does your website says it is already delivered when in fact I haven't received it yet?I mean seriously?you should be true to your words if It has been delivered then it should be but why is it labeled already delivered when I myself didn't received it as of now. Even if it is as of now that the website emailed me or sent me a message saying I should confirm if I have received the order. What the Heck!be true to your words AliExpress don't be a LIAR!

jeanw32
1/22/17

I order 4 banks from Ali express on November 10,2016 for Christmas gifts and they were paid on November 11, 2016. The site I order from said delivery would be in 12-20 days and it clearly said "if you finish the payment today your order will arrive within the delivery time". They claim to have a buyer protection in place which is a scam. After 60 days I filed a dispute under this useless buyer protection as I had to replace these Christmas gifts elsewhere. The seller finally delivered in the middle of January and won't refund or allow returns and so I uploaded my evidence of the guaranteed 12-20 day delivery time in my dispute only to find that they removed my evidence and only shows their seller's evidence so they can release my money to their seller. They also added a comment from me in the dispute that I never even made. They lied when they said your order has been shipped when it never was shipped as I checked on it up to Christmas. You can not talk to a person at Ali Express. They are in business only to sell products and to protect their sellers not their buyers. They shouldn't even get 1 star.

freddieh36
1/21/17

I ordered almost $600 on December 2nd for my family's Christmas I still have not received all of my orders. And I cannot get a response from them. Does anyone have any idea what I can do?

denisel60
1/19/17

I ordered off of Aliexpress.com after being told by another person how wonderful and affordable the site is. I normally shop on wish.com, but figured I'd give Ali a chance. Well I regret it horribly! EVERYTHING I have ordered has arrived over two months after (And over half the items I am still waiting to receive almost 3 months later). I put in disputes because the one item I ordered for my daughter never arrived, the seller did not mail it until over a month after I made the purchase. The item is still in dispute mode and Ali told me to wait 10 days... that will be in 2 days and I still haven't received it. It hasn't even arrived in Canada yet. Another item I received was not the right phone case, was told by seller that it is universal, if it was universal it wouldn't come with a card that says for S5/S6 when mine is an S7 and it doesn't fit. ALSO, I ordered a lighter, it arrived (like everything else that actually managed to arrive) much later than expected, I opened it to find it was NOT THE LIGHTER I ORDERED!! I put in a dispute with pictures and still have not heard from Ali. TERRIBLE SERVICE. TERRIBLE DELIVERY. TERRIBLE PRODUCTS!!! Please, do not waste your money like I did.

catiap1
1/19/17

My account was terminated without any notification or motivation, due to some mysterious broken rule that they don't want to tell me (I ALWAYS respect the buyer/seller rules). The big problem now is that I still have parcels that have not arrived! So now I don't have any kind of protection, and in case of any problem I will lose my money!!!

staceym62
1/17/17

Purchased universal chair covers, one fit perfectly while the other three just would not stay in place. Contacted AliExpress with photographic evidence and guess what I was denied any resolve. DO NOT SHOP with this online joke of a company. Ridiculous

jerh2
1/16/17

Professional thieves. 13 different items. Various excuses--total waste of every dollar or big ticket or small. Store front fakes protection which is just like the various sellers, bull$#*!. This site is in business to provide ripoff artists with an easy way to steal form anyone foolish enough to think they will get value. Disputes are closed without your approval. No genuine communication exists. Waste your money and shop there.

waynem87
1/15/17

I bought a tablet for 125 USD from them and wrapped it as a gift. It was opened 3 weeks later. Item worked for an hour before it stopped working. Tried to resolve with seller and got the run around for 2 months. Customer service was just as useless and kept lying to me , making promises then saying sorry for the misunderstanding. I would say don't spend any amount unless you can afford to loose it. Worst place to buy ever....I would recommend Gearbest, better products and cheaper and better policies too. Aliexpress less one 1 star.

scottr83
1/13/17

I strongly recommend not to buy anything expensive from there. Can be a fraud, can have lots of quality issues or can get lost. Ofc its possible to open disputes, but those are sometimes non-helpful.

paulam84
1/11/17

Ali Express is a rip-off......just posting about Ali Express hoping that no one else has to go through what I have had to.....going viral with the horrible and fraudulent encounter that I have had with Ali Express.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THEM! YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF!

brettas
1/10/17

The products with the name tag of other branded items are sold, out of which most of them are not genuine.

janiellet
1/9/17

Long story short:
I ordered a $123 gown for my highschool graduation THREE YEARS AGO that arrived with beads and sequins falling off and the hem looking like it had been chopped up with safety scissors. I contacted the seller about the bad quality of the dress and he refused to refund or accept a return and aliexpress did (surprise) nothing. In fact, They closed my dispute even though I had received no response after it was escalated. They claimed they had resolved everything even though no one had contacted me or issued a refund. The people who sell on this site are unreliable and looking to take people's money. Don't even consider them.

Short story long:
The seller's name is Edward Chou and the store is ASAP Bay Bridal.
I contacted him numerous times explaining that if I'm going to keep the dress I have to spend upwards of $90 to have a tailor fix everything. He suggested refunding $30 (ha) for the inconvenience. I refused to accept so little because it doesn't even cover the cost of the tailor. Then he started to get angry with me and sent me direct emails (not through the site) calling me a $#*! and a whore that's trying to rob him. Naturally after that outrageous communication, I left a negative review. That got his attention. Suddenly he is polite and willing to refund me entirely if I change the review to 5 stars. Typical.

Instead of sending the refund through PayPal, which is how I paid, he asked for MY BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER AND SWIFT CODE. I told him no. He needs to refund me through PayPal because it is much safer and I don't trust this jackass. I asked him to first refund me through PayPal and then I would change my review. Ordinarily that is not the procedure but considering the fact that he just asked for personal information and took the dispute offline where the aliexpress staff (if they exist) can't see him swearing at me, that was the deal. I got no response after. I made several refund request with my terms and the only thing I received was more swearing.

After several MONTHS of trying to get my money back from this con artist, I contacted AliExpress' "customer service". Well they didn't do crap. I sent screenshots of thte entire conversation between me and edward, including the private emails he sent and they said they would 'contact him'. I don't know if they did it not because no one has gotten back to me. No one has responded to any further emails, and that's why I'm here typing in the middle of the night about a transaction that took place years ago.

According the site now, the whole thing has been resolved even though:
No refund was given
No apology was given
No confirmation of anything was given

AliExpress really goes the extra mile to make sure the scammers on their site don't lose their stolen money. Buyer protection is a lie. No exaggeration, They literally don't give a damn about you or the money you lost.

Tip for consumers: If you're still insisting that it can't be that bad or that this website won't scan you out of your money, go ahead and donate to their scam operation. They will appreciate it.

yasminab1
1/9/17

Stay away from this biggest worldwide Chinese scammers shop if you don't want to waste your money. This site is created by Alibaba. They pretend to be buyers protection just to attract their victims. All of little and big scammers are well protected by Aliexpress.

juliac35
1/7/17

There is no user protection.

I bought a down jacket from Skinville on ali express website.
The jacket was sized significantly smaller then listed. I contacted Aliexpress customer service to ask if i could request a free return shipping in my case and I was advised to call the seller.

I send a message to the seller and got a response to initiate a dispute to ask for a free shipping. I took a picture showing the actual measurements of the jacket and asked if I could get a free return shipping. There was no response from the seller and no address to where return the jacket. I contacted the customer service and they told me the would send a message to the seller. Nothing happened. By that time the period for the dispute expired. Once that happened the seller replied to me that the dispute has been close, and that i cannot return the jacket any longer - fee or no fee.
I have asked customer service for assistance again, pointing that the dispute cannot be loved if the seller never replies. They promised to help me by contacting the seller
By this time I have talked to 5 customer service representatives. I have talked to Rhej, Selena, Zarah and Sia among others. The customer service is very pleasant, the all ask to be rated highly for their service, but what they do is just completely useless. They have no records of my previous conversations, they tell me they will help me and then either nothing happens or the seller sends me a message saying there is nothing they can do for me. It has been a total waist of my time. And I am left with a jacket that is too small for me to where.
I do not recommend ali express if there is anything you need to resolve and because if this experience I would be too nervous to buy anything again that I may need to return.
In other words, there is really no buyer protection to step in if you have a dispute with the seller.

frankr86
1/6/17

As much as so many are criticising the site, I would like to point out the following: Ebay has some ridiculous and scandaleous rules and I almost lost $31 there because of their stupid decision and a crook seller who only refunded me after I threatened him about complaining to the ministry of commerce of his country. I bought more than 200 items on aliexpress and only 2 never came. on ebay, I got scammed 9 times on about 50 items. The thing is, you must be VERY careful when checking the comments, description, ratings, etc... I would at times buy an item with a rating of 3.0 instead of buying the same from another seller with a rating of 5.0. The reason is I check the negative comments AND the positive ones. I try to see if comments that took down the rating are justified. Sometimes, they are not. Also, never buy from a seller with 0% rating. This is the sign of a scammer. About shipping, its mostly office of exchange and custom office that cause the big delay. Its sound to say that Aliexpress can't be responsible for the laziness of the guys from the above offices. I've been running an online shop using Aliexpress and I have no complaints to date because I CHOOSE carefully from WHICH seller I buy and WHAT I buy. A few tips for you:
1. Check comments on an item for different sellers. If there is a drawback with it, several sellers will have similar negative comments about it.
2. Check the item rating AND the number of purchases AND the number of comments about it. Now decide which seems better: An item rated 5.0, ordered 30 times with 3 comments (when commenting, the customer has to rate the item. so, number of comments sort of define rating.) or an item rated 4.6, ordered 5000+ times with 3000+ comments? If you can deduce what you should choose, you can minimise the risk of a nasty surprise.
3. Order is taking ages to come? Check the delivery details. If its left China, a call to your local post office should make it come to you quickly (from personal experience). Also, November and December are peak periods. Whether I ordered from ebay, bookdepository, amazon or aliexpress, everything took a lot more time than usual to reach me. Wanna buy something for christmas? Order it in September or the first week of October. After that? Well.... you may have it in time for valentine's day...

johnj338
1/5/17

Zero star. Worst company to deal with. Especially "Etrade Technology Co. Ltd".

They send you broken junk product.
Waste of money.
Waste of time.
No replacement.
No refund.
Online review is all lie, don't ever trust them.

No one to call but just online chatting and waste of many hours chatting with no outcome. Online conversation keep disconnected and very frustrated changing person and asked you to repeat again and again and pushing you around the brush. Video cannot be uploaded to their website even with proof. Asking them to provide their email address, they refused thus intentionally delay till the time over and not helping at all. Such a big company but no one can provide an email address and let their IT technician to upload the video. Video can be send to seller with email address but cannot upload to the website, what a joke.

db144
1/5/17

Hoodie at least two sizes too small. Not only did they refuse a refund/partial refund, they wouldn't even allow an exchange if I paid the shipping. Never heard of anything like it. Customer Service kept telling me in terrible English how it was a great product and how much I would like it. Stephen said"I believe your girl will be nice looking when she wear it. because I also buy one, and I was a girl too." WHAT?!?! Will NEVER do business with them again. They are a joke.

mattb134
1/4/17

Everything I have ordered had been late then they don not give me my money back and send the item again so that is 4 months total. you click open dispute when you have a few days to get your money back and a lot of the time i click it and it does nothing more then one occasion loosing my money. I have had to many problems loosing money aliexpress never does anything.

philh42

I like their prices.
I understand shipping can be delayed.
I can tolerate 60 days.
But they state after 60 days if product not arrived they will offer full refund.
Ali backs it up with another gurantee "statement" if not arrived you get full refund.
Not!!!!!!!!!!!
I applied for numerous refunds because numerous shipments did not arrive. Ali has refused to back the customer.
Their gurantee is not worth anything.
Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!!!! If your package does not arrive, even ever, they will not give you a refund. In early 2016 a $25 item did not arrive but they still paid the seller and my package never arrived.
I ordered multiple items Nov 2016. Over 60 days later most have yet to arrive. I requested a refund indicating if they arrived I would be happy to repay. Nope Ali refused to back their gurantee and support the customer.
Warning!!!!!!!!!!!! Do not make large purchases through Ali because if anything goes wrong they do not back thew customer.
Too bad because there is lots of products I would buy but burned once, cautiouse. Burned twice no more purchases!
Buyer beware.

robertd266
1/4/17

Poor shipping and service....been waiting for over 60 days and item has still not arrived...thank God I only paid $10 (including shipping).
I would love to purchase some of their other products but just cannot take that chance.

majdg
1/3/17

aliexpress don't respect customers
after 2 months of waiting my item they didn't give any refund
and on their site the said it gives you a refund if after 2 months if it didn't reached you so i asked for a refund and after waiting 2 months and after about 25 days above the 2 months the package arrived in total of 2 months and 25 days
and aliexpress said no refund
usually packages arrive to me from 7 days to 20 days
the package arrived to the post and the post didn't bring it to me because as i think there is a problem with it
and above this aliexpress sent me a mail that i must pay for returning the item
what a joke !!!!!!
this site is crazy
don't ever buy from this site because when you buy sometimes the package arrive but sometimes not and you will hate the day that you heard about there site
compared to amazon they give you a full refund after 1 hour if the package delayed to be delivered

johng427
1/1/17

Made two purchases around the same time. Both were not authentic and junk.

On one, requested a refund of the items 'held in customs for reasons unknown' and the seller rejected it.

Was forced to charge back my credit card to stay within 90 days of the charge.

Will not buy from them again!

5 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

263 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the AliExpress staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question