US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

vickyeg
8/24/16

I had my fair share of not very good sellers but I usually got good ones. I do not buy clothes anymore from them because 1-the size are really not the same from here and 2-the quality is almost always not that good. I usually order for some jewels, little treats and such, pretty much basic stuff! The shipping is usually very long thought but I dont mind. I recommand but you might stumble apon a bad seller, do be careful.

mem124
8/20/16

wowww. was gonna order a dress but after seeing all of these complaints, Heckk noooo!!

jasonb225
8/19/16

Im done with aliexpress. Sure some will say hey you just have to be careful and check the credentials of the sellers and the feedback. But that doesnt work. Its not accurate. As others have said people who are ripped off can get blackmailed into giving 5 star ratings (for a full refund instead of a partial refund). Also sellers can edit the feedback! Yes thats right.
For example, this quote from one seller says it all
"Buyer Notice
If you have any problems ,Pls feel free to let us know ,We dont accept any negative feedback before communicate with us. Also Pls check the infomations on the link before you make order .Thank you very much !!! Skype:chopin-lee-1 Whatsapp:+86-13530349012"

So yes when they say "We dont accept any negative feedback before communicate with us" that means that they can stop publishing of negative feedback.
How do I know this? because I posted negative feedback on a phone that was never shipped to me (and they lied about it).. i was given a fake tracking number and they led me on for 5 frigging weeks.. instead of just admitting they didnt have stock, they kept lying saying oh yes we have it in stock, please wait a bit longer..
I never swore and I was always polite, even with my feedback i was polite, but my feedback was never published!
I have bought some good products on aliexpress. I know how to find good products.. but its the sellers and service that is the problem. Im tired of been lied to about shipping, about stock. About reasons for things. In the last 6 months ive had about a 50% success rate with getting stock to my door. Thats really crap. Some people will buy from aliexpress and get an ok service for a while. But sooner or later you will get burned.
Aliexpress is ok if you have all the time in the world. If you are trying to run a business then look elsewhere. Drop shipping or buying and selling just doesnt work with aliexpress. Its just too unreliable.
Im now buying from lightinthebox. Their reviews are good and their service is good because youa re not dealing with tons of different sellers and scammers. Just one company and they do have real stock. They are not just resellers. plus their shipping and processing times are short. Aliexpress processing times for some sellers can be up to a month! can you imagine a month to process your order? And the condescending replies if you complain.. OH dont worry, we will send out real soon. You dont need worry we are good seller you can trust us."
Um, so that reply was to my questions about what had happened to my order. They didnt answer any of my questions?! Just say oh dont worry. Thats the kind of responses you get.
Also peopel say hey its not aliexpresses fault. its the sellers. But thats not true. Ive heard that some of the best reliable sellers get their accounts closed on aliexpress for no reason and without explanations. So it seems what is happening is that aliexpress is accepting bribes from compeditors. So it is deleting accounts for those good sellers in favor of corrupt sellers.
So aliexpress is actually doing illegal trading by favoring certain sellers. Allowing fake feedback and editing of feedback.
Im done with aliexpress. I can get all the same products from lightinthebox faster and easier for the same price. Its a no brainer for me.

Tip for consumers: dont use this site. there are better sites offering the same products.

pattyq3
8/18/16

I have not received any orders from Aliexpress for several weeks and I was getting my products daily... recently I got two notices from the US department of Agriculture saying that my seeds had been confiscated...I had no idea they were illegal... but I would still like to get the other items I ordered... I love the site but not so much now since I can't get my orders

jennyl64
8/16/16

They claim to have Buyers Protection, this is untrue. I ordered a total of 3 items from different sellers through Aliexpress. I received 2 of the 3 items. I left positive feedback for those 2 items. The other 1 never arrived, so I lodged a Dispute through Aliexpress, by communication with the Seller. The Seller offered me $0.00 Refund. A few weeks later Aliexpress stepped in...their outcome was to offer me nothing due to a lack of evidence. They asked for photo evidence, or upload proof. I couldn't send anything because I never received anything. The tracking from China shows my item is still in transit, but according to them this was not proof.. My reply to Aliexpress is:-
I have purchased other items through Aliexpress and received my order. THIS ORDER HAS NOT BEEN RECEIVED...IT IS NOT AT THE POST OFFICE. You have not offered me a refund. You can see that the item has not even arrived at the destination Country. Aliexpress can see the feedback I have left previously for received goods. Why would I say that I haven't received goods unless it's true. You are basically saying that I have lied Aliexpress. Your Buyer Protection is Fraudulent. Everyone will know this. :-
Buyers Beware, be prepared to loose your money of you buy anything through Aliexpress, it's hit and miss with them.

rebeccaz5
8/15/16

Never buy things from AliExpress! Besides the shipping speed is extremely slow (usually takes 40-60 days to ship), the quality is extremely bad! The products quality is even worse than those sold in China! And there is no customer service at all! Seller refuses to return anything and replies in extremely rude and offensive tone, even the product was broken right after arrived.

grimmr
8/15/16

Long delivery times. Most of my orders took around 2-3 weeks. Most orders were tracked so showed the deliveries. But the ones that weren't tracked, only half were actually delivered. They say there will be a refund on the site but I have to wait another month to see this. Will update if there is.
Products were mostly as they seem and I was happy with them.
Although one was nothing like the picture they displayed. Should have checked the reviews more closely.
Even if they say, there would not be exchanges or refunds once the product is received.
Order wisely by checking every detail that is available to you.

tobiv
8/14/16

Terrible, atrocious. Honestly just a scam. I ordered several items, I was charged and items never arrived. There was very minimal help or communication from sells. Overall the buyers protection is very poor. My option on this online store is you are going to a lottery shop and the chance of you winning is equivalent of the chance your product will actually arrive.

joec103
8/13/16

AliExpress overview
With thousands upon thousands of items and sellers, Aliexpress is, unfortunately, a "crap shoot" at best. This is no Amazon nor even at the level of eBay when it comes to genuine business ethics.

I have used AliExpress many times, but in doing so I fully expect each and every time, to possibly lose my money should a dispute occur. The reason for this is that Alibaba (the parent company) and Aliexpress do not focus upon full customer satisfaction and protection.

The escrow feature where, as a customer, payment to the seller is withheld until delivery and product inspection has near zero credibility. In searching for positive reviews of this buyer protection, I was unable to find any instance where Alibaba/Aliexpress sided with the buyer. In other words, this "buyer protection" is basically worthless; a complete sham.

Site the fact that Alibaba has refused to use PayPal as a purchase payment method likely because they (Alibaba) realizes they'd lose most disputes if PayPal began really protecting buyers. This leaves the buyer with having to file a consumer claim with their credit card issuer. This leaves debit card users, unless your debit card issuer offers protection, with no real recourse to recover their money.

So why do I use Aliexpress to make purchases?

I do so but only for small price items. Basically, for me, that's up to $50. The amount I am willing to lose outright from Alibaba/Aliexpress' useless customer protection via the escrow/dispute system.

Is it all bad?

No. In fact, not unlike many many small business owners and single proprietorships on eBay, Amazon and many other sites, the sellers and small manufacturers who use Aliexpress (and Alibaba) are decent, forthright business people. They're trying to make an honest living and their reputations are very important to themselves. I have a few great examples of this.

I ordered a $2 USD set of earplugs for my lady who is currently living overseas. I was ordering a dress for her and while doing so, saw the ear buds and told myself that for $2 the loss would be immaterial.

16 days later the ear buds arrived but, unfortunately, on of the earpieces wasn't working. Instead of posting a poor review and instead of using the worthless dispute system, I simply sent a message to the seller letting them know that the ear buds arrived in a non-working state.

The seller apologized, told me to discard the broken item and they shipped out a replacement via EMS so she'd get them as quickly as possible. The replacement ear buds arrived in 10 days and worked just fine. Even though I wasn't concerned about the $2 item, the seller didn't want a poor review and made sure their customer (me) was satisfied.

Prior to any aliexpress purchase, I attempt to perform my due diligence by reviewing the sellers offering the products I seek. I also look for buyer reviews as well although, unfortunately, on Aliexpress, the reviews hold less credibility than reviews on places like Amazon or Walmart.

It's unfortunate that Alibaba/Aliexpress has failed to institute strict moderated review policies backed by actual logistics proving reliability. Then again, any customer review database has to be taken with a certain amount of skepticism. Caveat Emptor works in all directions. There are too many instances of false or faked positive feedback reviews without the website or facilitating company (Amazon, eBay, etc) strictly moderating such reviews.

One has to realize that a $5 dress or $0.50 thong is not going to be of premium quality. You can find decent quality items on Aliexpress for much less cost than elsewhere. Especially if the shipping is free and you don't end up having to pay tariff, customs or Vat on the items (the plus side of having few tariffs in the USA).

The difficulty is with purchasing electronics via Aliexpress because if you receive a defective item the burden of return shipping is going to be on the buyer and add to that the time delay. Making electronics purchases from Aliexpress, without credible protection from Alibaba/Aliexpress, is a total crap shoot at best. You're better off using eBay since almost 100% of China based sellers use, and even require, PayPal.

The other caveat being warranties in that, very often, international products don't carry manufacturer warranties. Meaning you have to ship any defective items back to China for repair or replacement. There are exceptions but then again customer service within the USA for many electronic items is poor as well.

Overall, I have had "OK" experience with textile purchases via Aliexpress. I have purchased higher quality (more expensive) clothing and had good luck with my purchases.

When I buy inexpensive clothing items I keep my expectations very low and usually end up nicely surprised. Or I get what I paid for, cheap clothing items. Then again, cheap clothing at Walmart isn't of much better quality either. The only plus being I can count on Walmart to make and keep me satisfied by refunding or replacing items that fail my expectations.

As for Alibaba itself, I can only imagine the experiences small business owners in the USA (or anywhere) must endure in finding reputable manufacturers and wholesalers.
When not a Walmart or Apple, Inc you haven't the ability to ensure what you want is what you get. It's unfortunate Alibaba and Aliexpress aren't more ethical as compared to the small business owners I have gladly done business with located in China.

On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being perfect), Aliexpress gets a solid 2 from me. I can't give them anymore until the buyer protection becomes "real" and not merely a marketing gimmick. I shall continue to do small expense item purchases at Aliexpress but that's all.

sandras136
8/13/16

Hu Guilan said they shipped my product. This was in May. I still haven't got it and they said it is out of stuck. Because the stupid buyer protection was closed they won't give me refund. Try to reach customer service and it goes to unsafe site. Got nothing but a big headache since May...it is now August. Hu Guilan store is horrible.

jeremyh54
8/12/16

I made an order and paid for it. I never got any tracking information. Eventually, the seller said they hadn't sent. After a long wait, you can open a Dispute. When I did they the seller repeatedly told me they would only refund me after I had changed my reason for the dispute to say I had cancelled the order. I refused to do this and after many messages the seller refunded me less than I paid for it. They closed the dispute and after an hour or so I can't find any way of reopening it or communicating with AliExpress. How can they close it without my agreement? All the Buyer Protection stuff is BS there is no Buyer Protection. Its the last time I use AliExpress

zahraha
8/12/16

They deactivated my account, I didn't get any order till now since two months ordering!!! And guess what? They will not return my money!! I can't open dispute!! Where is customer rights??? Soooo baaaad

alim84
8/11/16

I have been buying from this site for 4years and must have bought a couple of hundred items.. art and jewellery supplies the only problem I ever has was when I bought two items of clothing where the quality and size was awful but anything else I ever bought was perfect and I always contacted the seller before I bought to ask for a picture of the actual item so I've stuck to the same few reliable sellers and you really need to test out different sellers..I bought the same item 3times from 3 diff sellers with diff ratings and prices and amazingly the ones I found the best were those with a lower scoring

rayb69
8/9/16

Dont buy from Sail Huang Fashion Ms. I ordered a fur collar jacket from Fashion Ms. or Sail Huang company. The jacket arrived. It was not like the photo. The fur collar was much smaller and thinner, the lining was black not yellow as in the photo and there were 4 buttons missing from the collar. I received a partial refund of USD$25 for these problems and closed the dispute. (I should have sent the jacket back but it was for a birthday gift for my daughter and I didn't have time to order anothe one) Now after wearing it for 3 or 4 times the seam on the sleeve has split. The seller is not interested in doing anything and Aliexpress wont help either. Beware the photos of the products look fantastic but the item you get is something else. And you have no recourse if the items are faulty after 3 weeks. What a ripoff. Dont risk it. Not worth it.

Tip for consumers: Dont do it Photos of products look very good but actual item delivered is very different and no service or refund for faulty products.

miguelc32
8/7/16

Never use this site to make an online order; they cheat... I made 2 orders for shoes; the first one was too small and did not return it because I have to pay for the shipping cost which will make it more costly if I bought it in Canada. The 2nd one was a crap and the owners of this online site are Chinese protecting their Chinese suppliers.

Miguel

ls59
8/6/16

I would say buying small items were fine for me but Ordering clothes on Aliexpress is $#*!. The items are never accurate as the picture are shown. Sellers make items pricey when other sellers make items way cheaper, enough though it's the same product. CareMer China Co., Ltd was so persistent on me changing the dispute title. I would see a t-shirt cost around 5 dollars and Then a couple of months or weeks go by it's 10 bucks!

maryw207
8/5/16

I have been palce number of orders on this site and very happy about the quility and affordable price. Their even sent me a little braslet with love symbol, complimentary, it was very nice. Thank you for kindness. I will highly recomended to other people to shop on this site.
USA

bonniet23
8/4/16

As long as items are ok its fine but minute theres damage you cant contact anyone about it & chat line offers no results at all.Very frustrating experience. Advise others to stay away from this site to avoid return problems

larryt43
8/3/16

My account was blocked and was told to talk to service rep. to get it reinstated. What a joke, I was told to open up a new account under a fake name, what kind of business is this.......

raya333
8/3/16

I have purchased products from Ali Express and all are not what they advertise. You cannot send them back to China because it would cost more than the item purchased for.

ellenk13
8/2/16

I ordred tile & paid in full $263.88 Few days later AliExpress started sending me emails regarding order. I was unable to view them because they locked me out of account that was created for ordering purposes. Today while on live chat w them (the only way to contact them) I found out they cancelled my order. While attempting to either get merchandise or Refund, they terminated live chat, dishing out kind words!!! Taking it up a bank (had to cancel my bank card) & law enforcement authorities. BEWARE

jayd233
8/2/16

Had some good products but have not spent over £30 on there . One bad piece so far and left a truthfull review . Seller bombards with mail and replys that the feedback has been removed so no one will see it now . So be wary .

andrejb8
8/1/16

I have made about 90 orders without problems. If I had a problem, i have got very quick refund. All the sellers benefit from their reputation, so they don't want to get bad references, because AliExpress will cancel cooperation with them or the people will stop buying from them.
It's all about expectations. If you buy a "jewelry" for 1USD, don't expect Swarovski, but it could be nice for kids. Clothes are in general very good quality, just be careful of sizes. Especially the small things are reliable like toys, key-rings, T-shirts, towels, etc.

morganr18
7/29/16

so you can't expect much. just cheap things for cheap but I'm fine with it. and when you leave reviews with pictures. strange men and gross people reply sexual comments. ITS DISTURBING

samadh
7/28/16

I bought several devices from a seller on ALi Express. The seller send me wrong device and I disputed the case. Ali Express took the seller side and when I appealed they did the same. Ali Express took the seller side again. If I presented my arguments to a naive person he/she could understand they point I was making and how i was spammed. But Ali Express did not listen to my points. It is obvious that Ali Express would take the seller side when they get their commission from the seller.

3 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

224 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the AliExpress staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question