Review of AliExpress

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

gregb115
4/26/17

Aliexpress makes it impossible to get a warranty refund or replacement.
They keep making demands for proof even after photos of a defective item were sent to them, they want more. They have no sympathy for the customer, only to the sellers.
Item tracked from a US address, yet they want the return to go to China.

Tip for consumers: I don't know how you would make sure you don't get ripped off, since Aliexpress seems to only back the sellers.

alexa1888
4/25/17

I have found some truly amazing deals on this site. I have an issue with the fact that when an item does not arrive on time, you have to log in and ask for extra purchase protection time. There have been instances when items have taken up to 5 (yes you read that correctly) months to arrive. I have better things to do than log into this site every 15 days to renew my purchase protection. It should automatically be extended until you receive your item. I have also received quite a bit of "free' stuff because of guaranteed delivery times that they did not meet. When it takes 100 days to arrive and they guarantee it in 45, I have received things for free. If you aren't open to waiting for extremely long shipping times, do not use this site. If you are good with it, you can get some amazing deals.

evaa37
4/25/17

I am very disappointed about Ali Express Customer Service! My phone which I paid for and I have 2 years garantees never worked. After I complained I was told I have to repair it on my own!!! They cheeted on me sending me a broken phone!!!Such a terrible customer service they offer!!!I asked for sending the funtional device or return me the money!!!I regret I ever order any phone from Ali Express. The answer from seller was " repair your device on your own" after getting paid!!!!How horrible!!! Never order any mobiles from them. You loose the money and get the broken phone. Eva Adamova from Prague, Czech Republic

dianeb110
4/25/17

I places 3 orders of seeds.
One packet was sent but according to shipping information it never left the country of origin, Two packets were received but the seeds never sprouted.

tonyp87
4/24/17

I've had many orders cl.pleted without a hitch. But the something happens to an order and it does not arrive. Even though the tracking information shows that the order has not been delivered after 2 months the seller disputes. It is still on going but now I'm not even sure I will get my $80 back for something that never arrived. I guess I'll have to deal with my credit card company if it comes to that. It's hit or miss and you can end up losing your money. You've been warned.

ramzif
4/24/17

Dont buy Xiaomi from Xiaomi Online Store from AliExpress. I baught a phone 3 month the phonethe screen turned off by itself but still working ringtone when someone ring ,charging and flashing u can see the white buttoms flashing white .this is the link
Then after many negotiate i sent it to them and first broken in the buttom and scratch i laughed cause they are talking about other phone after that they said water damage i laughed again cause im sure its not water damaged how its working and flashing except the screen is blank if its water damage it will not work at all this my story with Xiaomi Online Store at AliExpress

4/23/17

I also have placed over 140 orders for items I was collecting to donate to a school fun fair for prizes. A lot of them did not come within the guaranteed delivery date. When I open a dispute the sellers argue with you then it takes another three weeks on top of the waiting time to get your refund. Then they also suspended my account for filing disputes for items I didn't receive. I now still have 43 outstanding orders I am waiting to receive. The sad part is that I have also had the pleasure of dealing with quite a few good sellers that will no longer get my business because this company can't be trusted. One package that came late to me was in an envelope marked from WISH.com. Wtf.

shirleyl39
4/22/17

I purchased so many items with Ali Express and some of them went over 70days and so I disputed the ones that I didnt receive. I got an e-mail from Ali Express saying they have my account reviewed and because of the disputed items they are suspending my account. Up to now I haven't received my items and I no refund. Do not buy from Ali Express it is not worth it. You wait so long for a cheap fake quality. Never again.

pamalah1
4/22/17

I purchased some hair extensions and when i received the hair it was nothing like what the picture showed and the hair texture was nothing like I expected. I contacted the seller and we didn't get anything resolved and they wanted me to pay $130 shipping fee to return the product to them which I felt they shoulda paid for the shipping. I will never order anything else from Ali Express again. Just be careful what you order and especially if you order anything from over seas like China bcus you will not be able to return it and get a full refund.

joer215
4/21/17

Over the past few years I have ordered several items from this site only to receive items that crap out or fall apart shortly after I have left a positive feedback. Lately the take the payment for an item then never ship it. They get to use your money for the next few months until a dispute is resolved and hopefully you get it back. The tracking numbers they give you show it in transit by air but still hasn't reached my country 8 weeks later. That's one slow plane. To all alibaba users buy locally and forget this poor service and inferior products.

eliyahun
4/21/17

The order I received was absolutely not as declared. The seller admitted to this fact. I approved pictures and videos proving the order is not as declared. However AliExpress (AliThief) closed both the dispute and the appeal as invalid. They absolutely do not care about customers evidences. Once you payed them - you will never see your money back even if you received absolutely NOT what you payed for.

allana28
4/20/17

I've been an Aliexpress shopper for 4 years. 99% orders are delivered and are exactly what I ordered. But since Dec 2016, the shipping has dropped considerably. What used to take 3-4 weeks, now takes 2-3 months.
What's changed? Perhaps, national post offices are holding parcels to discourage overseas purchasing? The chinese post office laid off 60% of staff.
I don't have the answer, but if your shopping, be prepared for a wait.....a long wait.

elenac30
4/19/17

Conduct of a dispute is incredibly difficult. Requires a lot of nerve and time. Even if you have provided all the evidence but a seller-swindler refuses to admit guilt hardly you will be able to get your spent money back. I will not use Aliexpress anymore.

irisa10
4/19/17

My account is suspended, I contacted Aliexpress few times but they didn't solve anything. I can't open dispute and purchase protection is running out for few of my orders. And I'm waiting more than 2 mounts for the orders even delivery for my country is 17 to 25 days. They are scamming people. When they notice that you didn't receive your order and that purchase protection is running out they will block your account just so they don't need to make the refund. And they will also block possibility to add a reviews, so all the reviews under the products are filtered and scam also. AVOID!

jims255
4/19/17

Basically they don't care about the buyers. You will open a dispute against products that are defective or don't even show up and then the ALIEXPRESS dispute process screws you over. They ignore you and close your dispute without telling you and you lose all your money.

andreiap
4/19/17

I bought a violin bow from aliexpress, it arrived completely ruined, useless, imposible to play with it. At first they wanted to refund me partial money....than asked me if they refund me all the money i could give them a 5 star review.... than said that wih paypal is easy to refund me, bit since i'be bought by debitcatd, they were not sure if the refund would be processed. Im trying to talk to costumer service and doesnt work either. Im so
Frustrated by trusting them. Dont ever shop on aliexpress, go to WISH instead, much better, great costumer service, and when something you bought doesnt come right, they refund you in 2 days, without even blink.

tayaw2
4/19/17

If I could give aliexpress a 0 , I would. They are a bunch of scammers! Some people they run over & some they don't. I guess it depends on who your sellers are. I ordered 4 bundles of hair & online it said my payment was successful. They text me & tell me my payment didn't go through, but the money isn't in my banking account anymore. Then they delete my payment history !! Just bull$#*!. I should've known it was unprofessional when I got a text instead of emails. What online service doesn't even have a number you can call & get direct help from? Tuh ! Some people say they're really good though, just be careful. But for me, NEVER AGAIN !

suec96
4/18/17

Careful when shopping on this site. The goods are Chinese. VERY VERY cheap quality. I ordered some 40pc souvenirs for my wedding ($126) they came rusted and stained. Only three were in acceptable condition.

I opened a dispute to return them and hopefully receive a refund. They didn't refuse the refund yet they expect me to pay the shipping fees ($336- from New Jersey to China).

Good LUCK!!!!

emmac90
4/18/17

This is my first time purchasing items this AliExpress. I ordered bust cream on the jar for $14.00 cream made from Pueraria Mirica but not received, I ordered a butt lift, but received a hips lift. The bust Bella Cream bust enchancement they sent me was not effective use it for a week . This is a false advertisement and warned all women who order from this company to be careful. This company takes 17 days to received your order and they dont sent your order but a wrong product they sent me. The product is from China - What a rip off. I am not I did not sign up a a member because my visa warned me about this site. I should have declined ordering from this AliExpress.

Tip for consumers: For your information the Bust Bella Cream was not effective and its a false advertisement . Expect to received your order for 17 or more days. Up to now, I have not received the bust cream Pueraria Mirica expensive cream that I ordered. Overall I give this Ali Express a rating of 2 star out of 5.

mega866
4/17/17

PLEASE BE CAREFUL ON ALIEXPRESS! I'VE BEEN A MEMBER FOR 2 YEARS AND MADE OVER 100 ORDERS AND I TRUSTED IT BUT RECENTLY MY ACCOUNT GOT TERMINATED FOR "ABUSING THE BUYER PROTECTION PROGRAM" WHICH IS COMPLETE BULL$#*!. WITHIN MY 100 PLUS ORDERS I ONLY OPENED 5 DISPUTES WHICH WERE SO NECESSARY TO OPEN BECAUSE I HAD BEEN SCAMMED BY THE SELLERS SO I GOT REFUNDED. AND WHEN ALIEXPRESS CLOSED MY ACCOUNT I STILL HAD 20 ORDERS TO COME WORTH AROUND $400 AND NOW MY ORDERS HAVE BEEN WIPED OFF MY ACCOUNT SO BASICALLY THEY TOOK MY MONEY, TERMINATED MY ACCOUNT AND I CANT EVEN REACH CUSTOMER SERVICE AND MY ADDRESS AND CARD HAVE BEEN BLOCKED FROM ALIEXPRESS SO I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO PURCHASE AGAIN. NOT THAT I WANT TO. YEAH THERE'S LOADS OF COOL $#*! ON ALIEXPRESS FOR CHEAP ALTHOUGH THERE ARE ALSO LOADS OF SCAM SELLERS THAT PRETEND TO BE WOMEN BUT ARE ACTUALLY HORRIBLE CHINESE MEN WAITING TO SCAM YOU. IF YOU STILL CHOOSE TO BUY OFF ALIEXPRESS AFTER READING THIS... GOOD LUCK. AND NEVER DO BIG TRANSACTIONS BECAUSE THEY DO "RANDOM SECURITY CHECKS" ON YOUR ACCOUNT...

zahraan
4/17/17

I'd give zero if there was an option to do so!
I spent so many weeks obeying a Cranky seller on aliexpress. I was given the same to same statement each time that,"normal time please be patient."
My experience with other sources has never been like this. Sellera offer a refund or we negotiate and come to an agreement without opening disputes. I opened a dispute, aliexpress took a week to just INTERVENE. When intervention happened, they emailed saying they're looking at my case. Seriously? Almost TWO MONTHS I keep calling the post in accordance with the seller's request but he took it way too far today. He refused to negotiate, he did not inform me that items don't ship to my type of address but kept quiet. I sent solid evidence of the tracking clearly stating the item has been unsuccessfully delivered but he ignored and sent me the same damn thing in Chinese and told me,"wait till 16 days of protection are over."
Heh? Then we argued he told me no now wait for seniors to close dispute ThankYou.
I asked him to refund(with two solid evidences,but he ignored).
I asked for half refund even though it's unfair on me, he refused and called me a malicious buyer and said that he won't keep calm since I'm constantly following up on refund and that he is not at fault even a bit.
Thief he is. I uninstalled the app and told him to stop being so rude. My first and last purchase.

Sticking to Amazon and eBay.

annar118
4/17/17

There is not ever a transaction that goes smoothly in there. They lie, give fake tracking numbers, ship to the wrong addresses, take forever to ship, they advertise products they do not have in stock and refuse to refund you unless you choose *other reason* rather than *out of stock*...I think this pretty much sums it up. Like I said, just about every transaction I have made in Aliexpress has been a nightmare. Yet these people get away with it because nobody there cares.

lilyb32
4/16/17

WARNING YOU IN ADVANCE, DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!!!! It is a scam and it steals people's money and then tricks them out of a refund by deleting their order history and not letting you send a complaint! don't let yourself be fooled out of your money like I was!

robb688
4/15/17

Ordered Off the AliExpress Webb site, one Kmise Banjolele with bag and tuner , the order was accepted, and delivery notification emailed to my address with instruction to contact the sender for tracking information , it didn't matter how I tried the AliEpress site would not accept my password, even when asking for a lost password to be re-issued back to me. Then the Banjolele arrived to my address ,opened the box to find a different neck on the Banjolele to the one we agreed to buy on the AliExpress Webb site very roughly put together with miss matched parts very poor built quality and very poor quality strings fitted.
No set up instruction's just looks like a cheap copy Banjolele and a very poor site to deal with

Tip for consumers: Don't use

tanjav2
4/15/17

This has been my experience so far:

I don't buy expensive things from this site. I bought a computer cable with EU plug, which I needed for a trip. Couldn't find it anywhere in North America and I didn't want to go looking for it in Europe. Ordered it for under $ 8 through Aliexpress and it arrived in 35 days time and used it during my trip without any troubles.
Bought a home décor item and it arrived in about sixty days (which is what was stated on the website, so it did not arrive late) and in good condition and it was super cheap.
Purchased a leather watch band, which after 60 days had not arrived. I opened a dispute. Aliexpress told me to wait another 10 days. After 10 days, went back in and reopened dispute. Was told to wait another 10 days. After 10 days, still no watch band. Opened dispute again and this time Aliexpress refunded the money to my credit card, no further questions asked. Pretty much the same scenario took place when I ordered some light strings. They didn't arrive and I got my money back after being asked to wait approximately an additional 4 weeks for the package to arrive, which it did not. Funny thing is that after I received my refund, the watch band arrived about 3 weeks later. The light strings arrived about 4 months after I placed my order, even though the site said delivery would take 2 months. The thing is: They had already refunded me because the items had not arrived in due time, so I essentially got my orders for free!
Conclusion: I think they're pretty good. You have to buy from sellers with a high rating and you have to be patient. If you're looking for fast shipping, go elsewhere. If a package doesn't arrive, my experience has been that my money has been refunded (and them maybe later the package arrives anyway!). I wouldn't buy anything expensive from them, but for items you might have a hard time finding elsewhere and that you don't mind waiting for, I give them a thumbs up.

5 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

285 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the AliExpress staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Janette B.
1 week, 2 days ago
Answer
Diane M.
A: Please be very careful about ordering form this site. They do not honour their delivery guarantee and it is a nightmare trying to get a refund.
2 days, 22 hours ago