US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

klaeghb
12/16/14

Not sure why I didn't read the reviews prior to making a "purchase" from this company, but I should have and so should you.

What an absolute atrocious business.

We placed an order for a zoom lens for our Nikon camera back on October 15 of 2014. It wasn't until 3 weeks later that we learned, via email correspondence, that the item we ordered was in fact not what we had ordered. The item was not as described.

They "got the order right" and two more weeks passed without word from our order. I eventually had to call in. The order was coming from Malaysia and would be delivered in 7-10 days (keep in mind it's been nearly 5 weeks since the initial order).

7-10 days has passed with no order arriving, I call back in. "Oh, something happened to the shipment and needed to be returned, you order has been refunded". Check bank account, no refund. Call back... "The refund takes 5 business days to complete."

5 business days passes and I call to inform them that no refund has been issued. They explain that the bank took my refund. I tell them that is not the case, my bank has no record of any refund or attempted refund. They tell me they are sending me a check for the refund amount. I laugh at them.

It is now December 15th. I waited for the "check" to arrive in the mail. I'm patient with this sort of thing, so I had no issue waiting, seeing if they would keep their word. No such luck. I called them back this morning and explained the situation and told them that my next step was to file a dispute with the bank.

"Sorry, there is nothing else I can do..." Click.

The gentlemen actually hung up on me, the customer, after stealing my money.

I'll be filing many more complaints concerning this "business". I implore you, do not use this company, it will be a headache.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS RESELLER

emmanyils
11/18/14

one star is too,too,too much for this company

kathyb41
11/17/14

I bought a Nikon D7100 from AJRichie. Let me rephrase that, I paid $1099. for a Nikon D7100. To date all I have got is lies & totally ignored. No camera, no money refunded, no nothing!
They pulled the same crap on me about a foreign model Nikon, to get more money out of me. when I placed my order. There customer service called me to say my camera would be here Nov, 3rd or 4th it is now 11/17/14 no camera / no nothing. They refuse to answer my emails!
I have called them scam artists, thieves & still no camera. I asked for a full refund. I get totally ignored. No refund, no camera. All they are is thieves!!!!!
I am a online shopper & can say this is the first INTERNET SCAM I have ran into.
I have written a complaint into the New York Attorney Generals Office. I am also turning them into whoever I can think of. This is totally WRONG!
If this helps anyone in protecting them from donating money to a bunch of thieves it was well worth it. Save your money folks or give it to Charity. These liars are totally scam artists & have no intentions of giving you "ANYTHING" for your hard earned money. They are a waste of life & thugs who need your money to live on.
They don't deserve a rating nor a mention! All I wanted was my camera to take pictures of my Grandkids, I am disabled & on Social Security, that tells you how low these con artists will go. You get NOTHING BUT SCAMMED!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Donate to Charity!!!! NOT AJRichie!

deeb36
11/13/14

Buyers beware! Stay away from AJRichies.com. Their tactic is the same. They would advertise their product at a certain price and when you placed your order they would email you to ask you to call them. Here's the actual message I received via email after I placed the order, "For your security we need to verify your order, please call us at 1-614-556-4559, ext 860 to provide a verbal confirmation so that we can ship out your product. If we do not hear from you this order will not be able to be processed." I called and a guy picked up the phone and explained to me that the item I ordered is an "International model, made in China" if I want a "US model" then the price is different. I said that I only have enough money to buy the model that they have on sale on their website and the guy insisted that it's a poor quality product and then offered me what he called "US model" version which costs $500 more. Thinking of quality, I decided to borrow $500 dollars from my brother to buy the camera. The salesman told me that the order will be placed directly with Cannon factory in Canada and I should receive it within 2 weeks. 3 weeks later, I did not receive any tracking number or status update from them, and decided to call them, but no one answered the call. I kept calling and calling and finally a person answered the call. He asked for the order number to look up for me and after a few minutes, he told me that the order had been shipped 2 weeks back and should be arriving soon. When I asked for tracking number, the guy told me that Cannon will send me the tracking number the next day. I waited for the tracking number and the shipment to arrive, but nothing came. No tracking number nor package. At time of writing this review, my order had been placed for 5 weeks. I decided to send AJRichies.com an email to cancel my order and also contact my credit card company to file a dispute for a full refund. After this review, I will also file a claim with the BBB. This kind of behavior cannot be tolerated. I warn all buyers to beware of this company. Please DO NOT DO business with AJRIChies.com or "AmericanCamera.com" as they specified on my credit card transaction.

Tip for consumers: Buy from Amazon or eBay instead of AJRichies.com

sherryleg
10/5/14

I also would rate them a minus score. I have had all the problems mentioned in the reviews above with regard to ordering. Always someone available in sales, but customer service is closed more than open. When you do get someone, they have an explanation for why no camera yet, then promise it to be in my hand within 3 to 4 days. Was told this two weeks in a row, finally went on my snorkeling vacation with NO camera 'in my hand' or probably even shipped. Now trying to cancel order but again, customer service not often accessible. Does anyone know how to report them for scam / illegal business practices?

Tip for consumers: Run, don't walk, to another place to purchase from.

dayj1
9/2/14

I wish I had come to the internet first to check this company's rates, because apparently people really have lots of negative reviews about them.
They have sold me a Nikon D600 camera, that got an Error message 1 year after the camera was purchased so Nikon obviously didn't cover it.
Then I call there and a not knowledgeable employee tells me to just send my camera to Nikon because AJ Richie was going to contact the insurance and send the information over to Nikon, so they could repair my camera.

My camera has been with Nikon for over 2 weeks without they even touching it while waiting for the warranty information (and I needed to rent an extra one because they were still waiting on info from AJRichie).
What a WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. If my warranty was not valid for whatever reason, at least don't give me the wrong information!
And now I have to pay for the repair regardless of having a "5 year extended warranty" that is also on my receipt as purchased.

Horrible, I would never recommend this company to anyone and I am never putting my money on them again, EVER!

Tip for consumers: Stay away!

blancac
7/2/14

What a horrible experience talking to the people of this company ( AJRrichie.com), not only they are arrogant and rude, but they are MAKING FRAUD to costumers. Do NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM, once you place an order they send you an email saying you have to call to confirm and then try to sell you expensive batteries or change the product for an "USA product" instead of a China one; if you say NO, they cancel your order and talk to you in a very rude manner. THIS IS FRAUD!!!!

shrir1
7/1/14

Stay the hell away from these scumbags!!!.. ordered a camera and they require u call them so that they can bait and switch.. and try to upcharge you.. i rejected it and then they said they will mail the product per the time frame.. waited and waited and waited... called them up and lo behold.. they dont have the product... absolute scam artists.. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE IDIOTS!!

jeffreyh27
6/30/14

I bought a camera online and was sent an email to contact them for security reasons, after ten minutes on hold, they tried to sell me a battery then asked if I wanted the American version of this camera,purchase price 620.00 ,,,he wanted 799.00.
I told him It said nothing on line about european price on his website and all he said was were a wholesaler,very Rude Jerk.. Bait And Switch, rip off. There prices aren't real, thats why they ask you to call before processing order.
Shop and get a good price Stay away from this Fraud

michaelo27
6/26/14

Do not buy a camera from them or you will be charged extra for included accessories. Ordered camera and received email saying call to confirm, when I called was told the camera did not include a battery in the box so I was charged an extra $100 for a special high charge battery. When camera arrived it had standard included battery. I called and was told since I had agreed to purchase battery I could not get refund of extra funds but I could get refund by paying restocking fee of $35 plus pay for shipping both ways! Do not buy from this RIPOFF company and save yourself the hassle of listening to rude and arrogant sales people.
After a couple of weeks of this bad review management promised to make good on my $100 overpayment if I changed the review! I said OK and it has been over 2 months of... its in the mail or oh! it will be credited within 5 days. Do not trust or believe a word Ajrichies.com tells you. STAY AWAY!!!! THEY ARE LIARS!!!

ahmedk13
6/25/14

"THE WORST" company I have done business with. A very expensive lesson learned. Still waiting for a refund of over $3,700.00. Already filed a complaint with BBB.

jackb94
6/18/14

NEVER SHOP AT AJRCHIES.COM!! BIG TIME RIP OFF & RUDE!!
FYI I have contacted the BBB and filed complain with the Attorney General's office...PLEASE IF YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY AJRICHIES.COM ALSO NOTIFY THE BBB AND FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY to GET THEM CLOSED!! What happened was I ordered a Samsung TV UN55H7150 for $1256.00 and then received an email to call and confirm purchase... When i did a very over bearing person pulled the bait and switch saying the one I ordered was the old model yet to find the TV on their website I had imputed Samsung UN55H7150AFXZA... And now I am being told that isn't the model i purchased even though the specs all read the same!! So I take the bait and switch because the price is still less than Best Buy by $100.00... The guy told me $1499 plus $170 for the six year warranty (total $1669} and when I went to verify charges on my card I was charge $1750.00 when i called back I was told the charge was for shipping insurance!! The man was rude a liar, and down right disgraceful!! Then when I cancelled the order the guy has the nerve to say, "Never call here again." LIKE I WOULD EVER SHOP AT AJRICHIES AGAIN!!
And FYI I just purchased the same Samsung UN55H7150AFXZA for $1399 from Appliance Connections with shipping and set up in home for $39.99 (a service AJRichies charges $140.00 plus 7% of the cost for "Shipping Insurance")!!

johnp168
6/17/14

THIS IS A SCAM COMPANY. BAIT AND SWITCH WITH PRICES AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. BELLIGERENT AND UNTRUSTWORTHY. THEY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN..DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY HERE!!!!!!!! ..... I found an ad for Olympus tough tg-2 camera for $209. I purchased it from AJrichie on may 10th. I then get email saying i need to confirm my purchase before transaction is complete. I call and I am told they are waiting on it from overseas. Plus did I know it doesn't come with a battery? I thought it was odd for an electronic device to not have a battery. I questioned it and the customer service guy was rube to me about questioning and said I could cancel my order. I told them to just send it. I send three email over the next 5 weeks and call. The hours of operation are different on the website and different on the emails. I get ahold of someone and give them my order number on June 2nd or 3rd. I am told the shipment from overseas has been delayed but i should be getting the camera on June 11th. It is now June 17th and I call to see where the camera is. This is now 5 weeks since I purchased the camera. I am told they are a wholesaler and the product is back ordered from the vendor. Then I am asked " if I intended on purchasing the Malaysian version of the camera?" I say what's the difference? " they said they would be happy to sell me the american version which normally goes for $449 but they would sell it to me for $349." I am now speaking to a supervisor named robert or ronald.I say "no I would like the camera I purchased at the price that was quoted to me. He then gets nasty to me and asks where else am I going to purchase the camera for that price?" I said," that is not the point. I ordered this camera at this price. It is olympus and it is made overseas regardless. There are no different versions. I say this is horrible customer service and I have been misled and I am going to rake them over in reviews of the company on the internet." He says" we are a wholesaler that supplies Ryder, overstock.com and B&H Photo video. It doesn't matter because he is going to get my money or anyone else some other way from another internet company." I bad mouth ajrichie, they will get paid by these other companies."nThis was a classic bait and switch and they still have my credit card number and info. I tried to go to my account that was set up but I no longer had access. Ronald quoted me this statement as proof that they were completely in their rights " This is only a confirmation of your internet order, it is not an Invoice, and does not constitute proof of sale, All Orders need to be Verified prior to being billed and shipped, and you will receive your final invoice with your order." THIS IS A SCAM COMPANY. BAIT AND SWITCH WITH PRICES AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. BELLIGERENT AND UNTRUSTWORTHY. THEY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN. DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY HERE. please do something about these people. they do not deserve to practice there business. #ajrichie

bobk42
6/17/14

B E W A R E !!!
Is the a bigger scammer out there? Place order, get an e-mail saying you HAVE TO CALL to confirm order, call them, get a live person after 20 minutes on hold, ask for your zip code and immediately go back on hold... 30 minutes later, 'click',call terminated. Call back on sales line, only 10 minutes on hold this time, get live person (sounded like same one as before), ask you for zip code again... WHOA wait, I did THAT BEFORE. Gave camera model... Oh, it's on backorder. Geez what a WASTE of time! Cancel order!

fa2047
6/12/14

This company is a big scam---bait and switch.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

tommyf25
6/12/14

SCAM. When you order, they make you call back to upsell, then dont send it until you do. On top of that, they charged me $1700 for a $1200 tv. Contested the charge, thanks Credit Card Company, bought it from Amazon for $1350. Worth the extra few bucks, but lost a month of having the TV and a week being on hold. AVOID

bobp29
6/10/14

I was checking the past months camera stores, box stores, and sites for granddaughter who wanted the t3i Canon Digital 18 MP...so I was familiar with the sales and matching prices - and checked the Canon Site, List $699 and in the box includes Battery and charger. So I called AJRichie about the sale price $429 today as I printed the ad yesterday (June 9), and was advised that the Battery and Charger was not included - so I asked "why do you then show the $699 Price which is very deceptive" and when the Customer Service Agent Beat Around the Bush...I asked again...and he hung up the phone...wow, what CS. How is this company in business...where is the BBB??

johnr161
6/3/14

STAY AWAY - One star is a gift, if I could I would rank them in the negative category. I ordered a Nikon Coolpix AW110 in early April as a Mothers Day present for my wife. I responded to the 'you need to verify your order' email but wasn't asked to 'upgrade' as some others have reported. A week before Mothers Day, I still had not received the camera.. I called Customer Service and was told by 'Jeffry' that the camera was on back order and would be shipped on the 19th of May. He offered to change my order or cancel, both of which I declined. May 19th came and went, still no camera. Another phone call. Still on back order would arrive on June 1st. Another offer to cancel or change my order. Again I declined. I contacted Nikon to see if I could verify the 'back order' status.. No luck, Nikon informed me that AJ Richie is not an 'Authorized Dealer' and could offer me no assistance. Another phone call to AJ Richie on Monday June 2nd. This time it was 'Roger' who answered, still on back order expected at the end of the month. Several minutes of conversation gave me no satisfaction so I asked to speak to a manager. Roger informed me he was a manager. He offered to assist me in changing my order to an 'American' version because I had ordered the 'Japanese' version which did not have a battery or charger. Japanese, it was the first time this came up, both in conversation and in their ad. I declined so that I could do additional research.. Customer Service was absolutely no help what so ever. I couldn't find my order number in their on-line tracking system. So could not evaluate the order to verify their claim of a 'Japanese' model. Enough is enough, I decided to write this review and will be cancelling the order with AJ Richie and order from another place. In summary - Nothing about AJ Richie feels good to me. While the price is low, their delivery rate is zero, so price doesn't matter. Shop elsewhere.

henryd25
6/2/14

Bought a camera online at what I thought was a good price and paid for it using my credit card. Received an email saying the order couldn't be completed untiI I called them to confirm. During that call I was informed that I would need to purchase a battery and a charger to complete the sale.When I told the agent I felt I was misled, he hung up on me. I wouldn't buy anything from this company again.

carolineb6
5/28/14

This is a scam and it's only a matter of time before the FBI closes them down. How it operates: ajrichie's website offers 24/7 "sales" at attractive prices on popular items which are indicated to be in stock. However after you place the order you wait and you wait and you wait for weeks and months for the item to arrive. When you call to complain they tell you they don't have it in stock, claiming that the item ordered was a "foreign model" and try to upsell you on a "domestic model" which (obviously) costs more. After a month and a half of waiting for the shipment and a dozen phone calls, I did not receive the item and they tried they tried to pull the same old scam on me. Avoid this store, no matter how attractive the prices seem - it's a scam, plain and simple.

lindyc2
4/29/14

Stay away from this company!!! They have ripped off so many people including me!!! I want to try to get everyone together and take these scammers to court!!! Does anyone have a lawyer in New York....I think that's where these stinkin low lifes have their company!!! How about hackers.com can they jam their site so NO ONE ELSE gets scammed????

garys68
4/24/14

You should have a Negative Star option. I spent 15 minutes of my life in AJ Richies phone que. Their site showed 12 plus hours remaining on a Canon T4i package. When I told "Mickie" I wanted to order one, he quickly stated it was not available & before I could ask for my second choice he switched me back on hold and 5 seconds later my call was disconnected. Now that I've read these Site Jabber reviews I'm convinced that Mickie did me a favor. Stay away from this business.

jeremyv3
4/23/14

I ordered a camera at a great price in January. I waited and waited. It is now more than four months later and still no camera. My two calls , the last of which was a month ago, resulted in "Jeffrey" telling me that the camera is coming from Japan. Now they do not answer the phone. I believe they are scammers to get credit card info.

claires23
4/18/14

I ordered a turn table last February. I called to ask if they even got my order. Some guy said "back ordered " and would be sent 3 day air when more come in. Today when I called the recording said they were closed and the mailbox was full. I know I 've probably have been scammed. I called my bank and they said that if my account has been debited I can dispute the charge and get it taken care of. They will put the $69's back into my account. Hope all of you can get your money back!!!@

joelh25
4/14/14

Avoid AJRichie regardless of their ads.
I strongly recommend Not buying anything from AJRichie. I was hoping to save $100 on a camera and accessories and ended up paying $150 more than I would have had I purchased the same camera and accessories from a reputable site. This is what they did. They advertised a camera for about $100 less than retail. After I purchased the camera online, I got several e-mails from AJRichie that I needed to call them as soon as possible as there was a problem with my order. When I didnt respond immediately to the e-mails, they called me. The rep on the phone was very low key and made some very reasonable suggestions regarding accessories I might want. All of which I was going to eventually purchase. The prices for these accessories were higher than I expected and when I questioned him about them, he said that the prices I was quoting were for inferior products which AJRichie didnt carry and that I should get quality accessories for the quality camera I was buying. I foolishly agreed. As turned out the prices were several times more expensive than was reasonable and ending up not only wiping out the $100 saving but adding an addition $150 to what I could have gotten had a used a reputable site. Later that day, I found online reviews which described how customers are misled by AJRichie and end up paying much more than they would have on a reputable site. Unfortunately, it was after AJRichie was closed for the day. The next day, I called to cancel my order. They rep on the phone put me on hold and when he came back said that the order had already been shipped by FedEx and that I would be getting a tracking number by e-mail before the end of the day. When I checked my credit card, I found that my credit card had already been charged for the full amount. To make a long story short, I didnt get a tracking number that day. I called every day for the next four days and was told that my order had been shipped that morning and that I would get a tracking number by end of the day. It wasnt till 5 days after I placed the order that I got a tracking number (it was a USPS tracking number not a FedEx tracking number). When the shipment arrived, the extra battery I had ordered was for a different camera not the one I ordered. I called and I was told that they had noticed the error and were sending me the correct battery. I also told them that there was no warranty card with the shipment even though it was mentioned in both the invoice that came with shipment as well as the in the documentation from the manufacturer. They said they would send me one. However, I still have not received one. One last note, the invoice that came with the package came with a list of everything that was ordered but only a total price so that there was no easy way to prove that I had been over charged. They are very good at what they do, getting unsuspecting customers to be tricked into grossly over paying for camera equipment. I strongly recommend not buying anything fromAJRichie.