Review of 1-800-Flowers

domainadmin@1800flowers.com
2017 Customer choice award

megm26
9/10/17

They sent heavily bruised buds, stems naked of any greenery. I received them as a gift. When I called to complain, they said they could not do anything unless the sender contacted them.

When the sender spoke to them, he was offered a partial refund and coupons for his next order. Not going to happen! No way we'll ever order from them again. Further, we can contact our credit card company and lodge a complaint and we'll get a full refund AND 1800Flowers would be charged a fee for the complaint.

This is not the first order that's been poor quality. At valentines day, 1/3 of the stems had already-drooping heads as soon as I opened the box.

My previous order, of dozens of tea roses -- almost half the buds fell off the stems as soon as I lifted the stems to put them in a vase.

Do not waste your money on 1800Flowers. Call your local florist.

raymondg52
8/23/17

I ordered flowers for my wife for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. They were never delivered. I called the customer service and was told the would deliver the next day - missing the whole purpose of specifying a delivery date and missing my 25th Anniversary. They also told me it was better late than never.

I will never use their service again and anyone considering using them should find another source for their gifts especially if you need them to arrive on a specific date.

carolynb98
8/10/17

The flowers 1-800-Flowers sent for my niece's funeral were absolutely beautiful!! Couldn't have asked for anything better! Thank you so much!!

micheleb77
8/9/17

it was my first time buying something from the 1800flwers brand. I got some cookies, It was good. thought they would have been horrible based on the reviews but I decided to try it anyway I guess I cant believe every thing I read then. will be shopping again soon. plus I get points just for buying stuff here. who wouldn't want to be rewarded for shopping.

paulw254
8/9/17

I sent the largest bouquet of three available to a close friend who was ill in re-hab. She said it was the most beautiful flower arrangement she has ever seen, and that visitors agreed.

lindag220
8/8/17

Arrangement was lovely! Delivery service came after lunch time. Wonderful concept for those who cannot have a real cake due to health issues.

carlah31
8/8/17

I was told the plants were beautiful and the link online was very convenient but the only thing missing was my card to let the family know whom the plants were from.

helma3
8/7/17

We used this very convenient link right on the funeral home website to choose this lovely basket in the colors my Aunt used for her wedding in 1977. We sent it from all the nieces and nephews, her kids said it was a really beautiful arrangement, so they knew our thoughts were with them.

cindip1
8/7/17

The roses arrived in very good shape and have been blooming beautifully. The only issue was when they were delivered they were left on the door step and that is ok, but they should have rung the door bell. My mother has limited mobility so she would not have been able to answer, but she would have checked. The outside temp that day was 86-90, if my sister had not come to visit and found the box on her step you may have had to send a replacement.

bettyc53
8/5/17

My gift to my brother-in-law was so perfect. It arrived on time, as he got home from work. He called right away and was so very happy with the quality of the gift and it's delivery. I will continue to use 1800flowers for most of all my birthday list.

benjaminl42
8/4/17

The delivery was not successfully made to the same address but since the note gave some hints as to the aspects of the recipients life, they were able to be creative and drop it off to the receptionist of the location where the recipient was and received the flowers successfully. Creative thinking goes a long way! Glad they were willing to make the effort to figure out how to get the flowers delivered when promised!

sharong97
8/4/17

I ordered flowers to be delivered to a funeral home. 1-800-flowers website indicated I would receive an email letting me know my order had been received, and when the order would be delivered. I didn't get either. I do not know if the flowers were ever delivered.

cw125
8/4/17

The delivery was late, I did get an e-mail stating so. My mother said they were very pretty.
The price seemed average at first. At the end of the proses I was charged a higher delivery rate. A way to squeeze an extra four bucks out of me. I complained about it and the response was a discount on my next purchase. Not

glendat4
8/3/17

I have order several flowers from 1800Flowers over the last couple of months. The flowers are on time and always fresh. I bought the 1 year subscription for 'free' shipping and that has allowed me to be able to send more flowers to more people because I'm not spending a lot on shipping. Great program.

alexc199
7/30/17

Upon ordering the flowers, website did not give me an option for a time of delivery, although there was a blank field to pick a time, i must have missed it. Site should check for a time of delivery before you are allowed to finish transaction. For saturday delivery there was option for a time but it had a four (4) hours window - no good when there is a pending funeral. Also, there was gaps within the flower arrangement, they could have added more flowers, what i got kinda looked like the picture on the website but no where near it. The arrangement was supposed to have a white bow i got a lavender color bow instead, i guess the local shop ran out of white material. Spending $180 is alot of money for some of us, i expected better for my money. So what is the advantage of using 1 800 flowers while i can call the local shop? . Overall, flowers did get delivered and they looked fresh and although gaps within the arrangement they did look good. Hesitant about using 1800 flowers again, well see...

cathiep5
7/28/17

I had to change the delivery date last minute. The customer service representative was able to do so without hesitation. Thank you!

robertae10
7/26/17

I personal pick the 26th of July causes I knew my recipient was going to be out town until today and I had to do a replacement causes they deliver on 20th of July and I do understand how we can't be sure of the delivery time but I personal if a Customer pick the 26th then I would put on are after that date causes there is a reason people pick these dates and there wouldn't be as many replacements that we do at 1800Flowers.com

jeffreys87
7/25/17

My friend received the Cactus Bowl on time. He showed me a picture it, and it was even nicer than I expected. One of the cactus had a beautiful orange moon-like ball on top including needles. I'll have to google it to see if that part is considered a flower. Overall, I was very pleased with my order.

kathleenm111
7/25/17

The flowers arrived on time and they exceeded my expectations. The daisies and pot were beautiful and made a perfect gift.

marjorier13
7/23/17

Delivered on time the day after I ordered...for a birthday so very important it be on time, and this is the second time I have ordered this arrangement that looks like my Bichon Frise, "Miss Sunie," carnations, a nose, sunglasses, and pretty yellow background flowers. Very cute and looks just like my doggie!!

karenw231
7/23/17

We ordered a perfect vase full of Sunflowers for my daughters birthday,we were told they would be delivered the day before. Well after waiting all day to hear from our son-in-law that it was delivered ,it never was delivered. So I called and they assured me they would be there for sure on her birthday,guess what they were not !! So I got very upset and called 1-800-Flowers, and was informed that one couldn't be delivered on Sunday because it was an Artistan vase.So a very helpful women helped me pick out a different on that was not our first choice.and it was $20.00 dollars cheaper and after already writing my letter saying I wanted my money they owed me I still haven't heard anything.

Tip for consumers: poor service after being told it would be delivered no problem.

andrewj98
7/21/17

The shopping experience through the 1-800-Flowers site was very convenient and easy to navigate. A couple notes to make this a 5-star experience:
1) Explicitly show or mention what currency you will be charging the amount in. I was directing the order to be placed at a Canadian flower shop and the site made no mention of the currency I would be charged in. Turns out it was USD. This wouldn't be a problem if I knew upfront.
2) I had the flowers delivered to a venue that I was not going to be in attendance at. Ideally, the person delivering the flowers could snap a quick picture of the flowers on delivery and send it to the email attached to my ordering profile. This way I would know that the flowers were delivered to where they needed to be on time and as expected.

issama3
7/21/17

Excellent fresh flowers with great customer service. Highly recommended for special occasions. Well done.

ashleyl104
7/20/17

The flowers arrived on time. However, the arrangement did not look anything like the picture. For the price, I definitely expected more.

eugeneh27
7/19/17

It did not send out the text message.It did not send out the text message.It did not send out the text message.It did not send out the text message.It did not send out the text message.

Service is terrible! Will never use them or reccomend to anyone! Use your local florist

By Kelly W.

You have to fight with them on a regular basis to get actual compensation. This company takes no responsibility for anything.

By dave p.

Questions? Get answers from the 1-800-Flowers staff and other customers.

17 Photos for 1-800-Flowers