US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

koris5
12/2/16

Very Pleased with the quality and quantity of flowers that were delivered to my mom for her thanksgiving dinner table. i will recommend this service to everyone I know.

nancyb175
12/1/16

Third time using 1-800-FLOWERS. I sent them to friends for Thanksgiving. Saw the arrangement on the table at Thanksgiving and thought it was OK but not as full or pretty as the picture of the one I ordered. I am not sure that I would order this type of arrangement again.

jolenat
11/30/16

I ordered flowers for my sister as a congratulations for successfully defending her PhD dissertation, a Huge accomplishment. The bouquet I ordered had a small, med, large size to choose. I chose the large, and to my disappointment, when she sent me the picture of the flowers in her thank you, the bouquet looked more like the small or medium in the pictures than it did the large. She was happy, but I felt like the extra $15-$20 did not get much more flowers added to the bouquet. I used a groupon for extra savings, and it was really easy to apply to the order....maybe that's where the extra money went ??

carlosf36
11/30/16

and the recipients enjoyed it very much!
you met my expectations!

susany21
11/29/16

This order was placed for day-before Thanksgiving delivery. It arrived on time and was as pictured. No complaints!

francines12
11/28/16

I was very pleased with your service and with the beautiful arrangement. Would buy from you anytime.

michb3
11/26/16

The 19th of this month, I ordered the medium size field of Europe at a cost of $92 for my girlfriend living in the States . i was horrified when she send me a pic of the delivered product. I was so angry because what I paid for was nowhere close to what was delivered. I was not expecting the delivered product to look like the picture but at least look similar. I ordered the brown bear and got a ugly looking white bear. Customer care with flowers.com is non-existent so don't bother wasting your time complaining.

I have used the Canadian version of flowers.com & had great results but American site is very lacking. Horrible customer service with false advertisement. Best you stick with your local florist. .

larissap6
11/26/16

I paid $30 extra for a large bouquet. I received a picture of the bouquet and was horrified and embarrassed by the quality and size. It looked nothing like what was advertised. I immediately called to have them redelivered and communicated my frustration. The florist redelivered, but the bouquet still was very small and looked nothing like what I ordered. I understand that an exact duplicate of the picture is impossible, but a large number of roses and other flowers were not there and there wasn't even the slightest resemblance. Paying for a large bouquet is not worth it, and the quality is BAD. I would not recommend buying.

markl212
11/26/16

Roses were not fresh at all, very sad

waynej25
11/24/16

Enjoyed it

jackieg41
10/22/16

I ordered flowers to be delivered internationally. I was offered the option of next day delivery and selected that. The following day, I received both an email and Facebook message confirmation that the flowers had been delivered. When I didn't hear from the recipient, I decided to double check that the flowers had been received. I was informed that they had NOT received the flowers. I contacted 1-800-Flowers via both email and Facebook messenger. In the email response, I was told that international delivery takes two days. On Facebook, I was told that they were unable to locate a local florist and my money would be credited within 30 days. 1) Which was it? 2) Had I not contacted the intended recipient, I would never have known the flowers weren't delivered and 1-800-Flowers would have kept my money. 3) There was NO WAY this was a mistake. Either the flowers were delivered or they weren't. They either have a local florist or they don't.

Interestingly, FTD delivered the flowers the day after I placed that order. I guess they had no trouble finding a local florist.

1-800-Flowers are thieves and frauds.

dianal47
9/17/16

My husband ordered a dozen yellow roses for my birthday. First, they didn't arrive on the designated day! Then they weren't even rosesa mixed annual flower arrangements with 3 roses! When he called, they offered him $20 off his NEXT order! After getting the credit card company involved, the correct arrangement arrived 2 days later! Yes, it was beautiful! But do yourself and local florists a break and order locally, that way the fee stays in your community and you can trust what you get!

willl25
9/13/16

Ordered 10day in advance doz yellow roses. Increased the $39.95 to $76.00 cud all roses. Received 3yellow roses and 2 peach?? Day late! Complained big time on survey. Letter from founder saying Sorry from a site you can't respond to?? Will never never use again and buyer beware. FOUNDER would rather have $$ than continued business. Theives

kellyf41
7/29/16

DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE.

1 800 Flowers is a complete scam. My sister ordered flowers for my mom's birthday a week prior to the delivery date. They arrived on her birthday, but completely dead. I called customer care to give them a chance to right their wrong and they did...! Except they didn't, they just told me they did. The woman on the phone initially said the next available delivery would be the following Tuesday (four days after my mom's birthday.) I told her that was unacceptable and she said she arranged a local florist to deliver them later that afternoon.

Twenty minutes later, my sister received an email from 1-800-Flowers saying they would not be able to deliver flowers today and it would have to wait until tomorrow.

This company ruined my mother's birthday and I will never use them again. HORRIBLE customer service.

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your time or money.

richardw174
7/12/16

Forget this totally incompetent company. Today was your third strike. They called us this morning so they may deliver and left us a message. We called back wiyhin ten minutes and heard nothing but a crying baby and other noise, then they hung up. We called back a few minutes later and it goes to voice mail where we left a message. No call back. Called the main 800# and they seemed to know who the "crying baby "was and said they could deliver between 1100 am and 7 pm two days from now.
We have tried this useless incompetence company twice before, sending and receiving, and they either screw up as stated, wrong, or substandard product or the entire order is incorrect. Pathetic!
Use anyone other than 800flowers.

tj153
6/27/16

I ordered flowers on a Friday (6/24) for a Saturday (6/25) delivery. The website confirmed the zip code and offered me gift boxes versus an arrangement that's put together by a florist. I chose the arrangement and was excited about my mom-n-law receiving her flowers on her birthday. They did not call me back to explain they could not deliver the flowers until the day of delivery.

Yes...Saturday morning, I receive a call stating that there was no florist close enough to deliver to the address requested. I was so upset because we were waiting to hear from Mom about the delivery. 800Flowers stated that I would receive a full refund in about 7-10 days. That made me even more upset because it took 2 seconds to get it out of my account but 7-10 days to put it back.

I do not think I will use them again because one of the reviews on Yelp stated that we all should just use a local florist anyway to avoid paying the mark up price. I have had some good experiences with 800Flowers but I am very disappointed this time and the $20 gift card I was promised really does not help!

joycec39
6/8/16

We received an order of flowers for our daughter's funeral with no card. How can we find out who sent them?

ninac22
5/29/16

I ordered flowers on Friday for Saturday delivery and kept checking the delivery confirmation - they kept promising me they would be delivered - they never did - I cancelled my order and will never order from them again. They wouldn't even tell me why they weren't delivered and now the florist is closed till Tuesday because of the Memorial Holiday.

carolt51
5/26/16

Wow!! I wished I had looked at this site before I ordered my bouquet this morning. I am just another addition to all the horrible reviews. Ordered my bouquet with a guarantee same day delivery. When I called to find out why I had not received an order confirmation, they explained they had not delivered and we're not going to deliver. Tried to give me a 20 dollar voucher for next time. What!!!! Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

jodir17
5/23/16

Wasted my time on their site finding a beautiful floral arrangement. I placed the order over a week before mother's day. It did arrive on mother's day but looked nothing like what I had ordered and they didn't put a card the card with it so she had no idea who they were from. I contacted 1-800-flowers and was told that they would send another arrangement on May 9th. She received nothing. Contacted them again to let them know and was told again that another arrangement would be scheduled for delivery on May 11th. Still nothing. I contacted them yet again and requested a full refund. They told me that they would give a 50% credit and discount coupon. I finally agreed to get this over with. As of today May 23rd I still have not received my 50% credit. So I contacted them again regarding the credit but I don't figure I will ever receive it at this point. Will never use them again ever!!!

rebeccam56
5/19/16

1-800-flowers does not honor their 100% Smile Guarantee

I ordered flowers for my 89 yr. old mother.

My mother & dad were not at home when they attempted delivery. The company 1-800-flowers hired to deliver the flowers left a note on their door saying that the flowers were at the sales office. My Dad thinking they were at the sales office of the vendor drove all the way into town to check on the flowers only to be told they were at the main office of the mobile home park in which they lived.

Upon getting the flowers which were wilted, and after all the trouble they went to retrieve the flowers, my mother called me and asked that I never send her flowers again.

This entire episode has upset me terribly as my Mother does not have many more Mother's Days to celebrate.

Upon calling customer service to complain the first agent I spoke with said they would get another bouquet to her.

As of Tuesday [2 days after Mother's Day] she still had not received any replacement flowers so I called to totally cancel the order and was told I had to send photos to get a full refund even after explaining that my Dad and Mom are almost 90 and I was several states away.

I did manage to get photos which were sent to 1-800-flowers only to be told that a partial refund and a discount on another order was all that they would do.

This is definitely not my idea of a 100% Smile Guarantee.

Needless to say I am not impressed and will never use them to provide flowers again.

andreak54
5/12/16

Got azalea topiary last mother's day. Did everything they said to take care of it but it died! Bad quality!

irishkas
5/11/16

I order flowers for my mom on mothers day they came 8pm and never rung door bell just left at door because flowers were old and dead never use they can't handle holidays and special events

aaronc51
5/9/16

Highly disappointed in the entire experience! Ordered flowers for my Mom on Mother's Day, they were to be delivered by 11:30 AM on Sunday the 8th of May(which cost extra I might add). By 1 pm I was getting a little concerned that they still hadn't showed up. Called the 800 number for some customer service, that's laughable. I was told that they're florist had decided they would no longer do that arrangement and so no flowers were going to my Mother. Their florist claims that they tried to call me but could not leave a voicemail. Unfortunately, I had no missed calls and I have Sprint service so my voicemail does not "fill up" like some other providers. When I asked to speak with a supervisor I was repeatedly put on hold for stretches of time and then told "Sorry, I cannot find a supervisor". Finally after the 4th or 5th time when I would not accept that as an answer he transferred me to a supervisor. When I asked her how I was to get flowers to my Mother who lives 3 states away at this hour on Mother's Day(also, Sunday) she told me I should "just try Walmart". Thanks 1-800-Flowers..... I knew I should have stuck with FTD.

zunyc
5/8/16

THE WORST! Please do not order from here!!!! I ordered flowers for my mother and paid an arm and a leg for her to get them in time and she never got them!!! RIP OFF!!! Then you call customer service and its a bunch of Indians apologizing and telling ypu to wait for delivery!!! Seriously? Its now 9pm in florida and my mom received nothing! Thank you so much 1800 flowers you guys are the worst!!!!

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the 1-800-Flowers staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 5/9/16
Answer
davep86
A: You have to fight with them on a regular basis to get actual compensation. This company takes no responsibility for anything.
on 9/26/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
on 1/24/16
Answer
kellyw46
A: Service is terrible! Will never use them or reccomend to anyone! Use your local florist
on 1/26/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the 1-800-Flowers staff and other customers.

1-800-Flowers?