US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

mariec

However, I complained about it and ended up receiving a full refund for this particular order. (in 76 reviews)

melissah2

I'd use them again if I had to but it's better to just call a local florist and not pay the markup these guess charge. (in 30 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

richardw174
7/12/16

Forget this totally incompetent company. Today was your third strike. They called us this morning so they may deliver and left us a message. We called back wiyhin ten minutes and heard nothing but a crying baby and other noise, then they hung up. We called back a few minutes later and it goes to voice mail where we left a message. No call back. Called the main 800# and they seemed to know who the "crying baby "was and said they could deliver between 1100 am and 7 pm two days from now.
We have tried this useless incompetence company twice before, sending and receiving, and they either screw up as stated, wrong, or substandard product or the entire order is incorrect. Pathetic!
Use anyone other than 800flowers.

tj153
6/27/16

I ordered flowers on a Friday (6/24) for a Saturday (6/25) delivery. The website confirmed the zip code and offered me gift boxes versus an arrangement that's put together by a florist. I chose the arrangement and was excited about my mom-n-law receiving her flowers on her birthday. They did not call me back to explain they could not deliver the flowers until the day of delivery.

Yes...Saturday morning, I receive a call stating that there was no florist close enough to deliver to the address requested. I was so upset because we were waiting to hear from Mom about the delivery. 800Flowers stated that I would receive a full refund in about 7-10 days. That made me even more upset because it took 2 seconds to get it out of my account but 7-10 days to put it back.

I do not think I will use them again because one of the reviews on Yelp stated that we all should just use a local florist anyway to avoid paying the mark up price. I have had some good experiences with 800Flowers but I am very disappointed this time and the $20 gift card I was promised really does not help!

joycec39
6/8/16

We received an order of flowers for our daughter's funeral with no card. How can we find out who sent them?

ninac22
5/29/16

I ordered flowers on Friday for Saturday delivery and kept checking the delivery confirmation - they kept promising me they would be delivered - they never did - I cancelled my order and will never order from them again. They wouldn't even tell me why they weren't delivered and now the florist is closed till Tuesday because of the Memorial Holiday.

carolt51
5/26/16

Wow!! I wished I had looked at this site before I ordered my bouquet this morning. I am just another addition to all the horrible reviews. Ordered my bouquet with a guarantee same day delivery. When I called to find out why I had not received an order confirmation, they explained they had not delivered and we're not going to deliver. Tried to give me a 20 dollar voucher for next time. What!!!! Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

jodir17
5/23/16

Wasted my time on their site finding a beautiful floral arrangement. I placed the order over a week before mother's day. It did arrive on mother's day but looked nothing like what I had ordered and they didn't put a card the card with it so she had no idea who they were from. I contacted 1-800-flowers and was told that they would send another arrangement on May 9th. She received nothing. Contacted them again to let them know and was told again that another arrangement would be scheduled for delivery on May 11th. Still nothing. I contacted them yet again and requested a full refund. They told me that they would give a 50% credit and discount coupon. I finally agreed to get this over with. As of today May 23rd I still have not received my 50% credit. So I contacted them again regarding the credit but I don't figure I will ever receive it at this point. Will never use them again ever!!!

rebeccam56
5/19/16

1-800-flowers does not honor their 100% Smile Guarantee

I ordered flowers for my 89 yr. old mother.

My mother & dad were not at home when they attempted delivery. The company 1-800-flowers hired to deliver the flowers left a note on their door saying that the flowers were at the sales office. My Dad thinking they were at the sales office of the vendor drove all the way into town to check on the flowers only to be told they were at the main office of the mobile home park in which they lived.

Upon getting the flowers which were wilted, and after all the trouble they went to retrieve the flowers, my mother called me and asked that I never send her flowers again.

This entire episode has upset me terribly as my Mother does not have many more Mother's Days to celebrate.

Upon calling customer service to complain the first agent I spoke with said they would get another bouquet to her.

As of Tuesday [2 days after Mother's Day] she still had not received any replacement flowers so I called to totally cancel the order and was told I had to send photos to get a full refund even after explaining that my Dad and Mom are almost 90 and I was several states away.

I did manage to get photos which were sent to 1-800-flowers only to be told that a partial refund and a discount on another order was all that they would do.

This is definitely not my idea of a 100% Smile Guarantee.

Needless to say I am not impressed and will never use them to provide flowers again.

andreak54
5/12/16

Got azalea topiary last mother's day. Did everything they said to take care of it but it died! Bad quality!

irishkas
5/11/16

I order flowers for my mom on mothers day they came 8pm and never rung door bell just left at door because flowers were old and dead never use they can't handle holidays and special events

aaronc51
5/9/16

Highly disappointed in the entire experience! Ordered flowers for my Mom on Mother's Day, they were to be delivered by 11:30 AM on Sunday the 8th of May(which cost extra I might add). By 1 pm I was getting a little concerned that they still hadn't showed up. Called the 800 number for some customer service, that's laughable. I was told that they're florist had decided they would no longer do that arrangement and so no flowers were going to my Mother. Their florist claims that they tried to call me but could not leave a voicemail. Unfortunately, I had no missed calls and I have Sprint service so my voicemail does not "fill up" like some other providers. When I asked to speak with a supervisor I was repeatedly put on hold for stretches of time and then told "Sorry, I cannot find a supervisor". Finally after the 4th or 5th time when I would not accept that as an answer he transferred me to a supervisor. When I asked her how I was to get flowers to my Mother who lives 3 states away at this hour on Mother's Day(also, Sunday) she told me I should "just try Walmart". Thanks 1-800-Flowers..... I knew I should have stuck with FTD.

zunyc
5/8/16

THE WORST! Please do not order from here!!!! I ordered flowers for my mother and paid an arm and a leg for her to get them in time and she never got them!!! RIP OFF!!! Then you call customer service and its a bunch of Indians apologizing and telling ypu to wait for delivery!!! Seriously? Its now 9pm in florida and my mom received nothing! Thank you so much 1800 flowers you guys are the worst!!!!

davep86
5/8/16

Tried 3X over past 3 months. Failed to Deliver on the special occasions 2 out of 3 opportunities (Birthday; Mothers Day) despite the order being placed well in advance and despite the delivery date being 1 day before due date to allow for margin. You pay them a boatload in shipping fees (many times it is almost the cost of the product itself) and they can't even make that delivery on time. Would suggest you go back to FTD if you really want flowers delivered.

patriciah100
5/7/16

I received a dozen roses for Mother's Day. Flowers arrived dry with brown edges around the roses. Then on top of that when I handled them the leaves started falling off all over the place. Terrible quality...rose buds were on the small side not of the quality I have seen elsewhere. Don't buy from them. Disappointing to say the least.

rachelr25
5/7/16

I wish this would let me post a picture of what i ordered vs what was actually sent. Subpar, downgrade for the money spent, and looks like I went the cheapest route possible to send flowers to my Grandmother on Mother's Day. I will never do that again.

jessicac111
5/6/16

I made the mistake of ordering flowers for Mother's Day from this disreputable company.
I ordered them (at an outrageous price for the record) to be delivered on the Thursday before mother's day to my mom's work.
They did not arrive on Thursday. Thursday evening I called and they apologized and agreed to have them delivered to her home on Friday since she was not working on that day. It should come as no surprise that they are not being delivered Friday either. After 7 phone calls. Yes 7. The florist at first claimed that they had to delay the order to Sat because the address changed. (Because THEY DID NOT DELIVER WHEN THEY PROMISED THEY WOULD). Then a manager called them and come to find out they didn't have the flowers needed for the arrangement. And I could chose a new bouquet, but no way to happen before Sat.
I now have no flowers, and I have to wait 3-7 days for my money to come back to me. That was all the money I budgeted for Mother's Day. Now I have no money to get her a gift at all.
I will never buy flowers from this company again. They do not communicate with the florists, they do not verify and they certainly do NOT keep their word.

pm65
5/5/16

I logged into my account today to follow up on my Mother's Day order and to my surprise one of my orders which was due to ship today is marked not available with a status of delivery confirmation pending.

I did not receive a phone call. I did not receive an email. I had NO CONTACT from 1-800-FLOWERS telling me that they were not going to be fulfilling my order.

Obviously it would be pending delivery for a long time since they didn't have the product.

If I hadn't decided to check today I suppose I would have found out when my mother did not receive her Mother's Day flowers and I would then have no timely recourse.

This critical failure to follow through with notification is entirely unacceptable.

cherylw38
5/2/16

Pissed OFF! I ordered all Lilly's in a beautiful vase that had a cross on it since it was for a religious family. It was for a Grandma's passing and what they sent was nothing that the picture showed. I got daises a lot of greenery to fill in and a few roses. The put it in an ugly vase with NO cross. My friend sent me the pic of what she received and I call 1800flowers right away. The girl said the manager will call me that day. It's been over a week and I have heard nothing from anyone. So I spent a lot of money on daises and a cheap a** vase. to not get a call back shows me they have no respect for the customers and their needs. They screwed up and I want my money back.

meganm50
4/21/16

After 3 weeks , never did my order get delivered. Spoke with "customer service" every day for almost a week. Same story over and over again. Everyone promises to take full responsibility, get this taken care of and call you tomorrow to confirm everything has been taken care of.

Unfortunately, no one ever actually follows up and you can never actually get back through to anyone you have spoken with. The florist name and customer service extention numbers are all top secret.

Order never delivered and after 1 manager refunded and promised to re deliver (it never was), two separate employees tried to charge me again to get it re-set up to deliver!

Then I found out that customer service lied about ever calling the florist to follow up after days and days of many people saying they were calling the florist. No sense of urgency, same hollow script is followed by all just to basically put you off for another day. What an AWFUL experience.

tarap21
4/1/16

Ordered a large, expensive beautiful arrangement for my mom in the hospital. The picture she sent me made me want to cry! It was cheap, flimsy, shoddy and embarrassing! I paid over $100 for a bouquet when I have bought more beautiful ones for $20 at my local grocery store. It looked NOTHING like the one on the website. That one was lush and filled with tons of roses and lilies! This one had about 4 roses and few carnations and maybe 1 lily! It was mostly greenery and leaves with a cheap, ugly bow on it! SO ANGRY!!!!! I only wish I had done research beforehand. There are SO many bad reviews for this company, I feel like an idiot for not knowing how horrible they are! Never, ever again! Next time, I will just send a card and take them flowers when I see them. Why are they still in business?

angelaa57
3/31/16

I ordered a flower arrangement for my daughters Birthday a week before her birthday and never was delivered. I called early in the morning to ask when the flowers were going to be delivered and the customer service said that it was ready for delivery and delivery schedule was until 7:00 PM at night; I called about 5:00 PM because the flowers still missing and called at 7:08 PM to cancel the order but no one was there! Unbelievable, HORRIBLE SERVICE, 1800-FLOWERS ONLY CARE ABOUT THE MONEY NOT ABOUT THE CUSTOMER!! WHO WANTS TO RECEIVED FLOWERS AT THE END OF THE DAY ON THE SPECIAL DAY??? NO ONE! or NOT EVEN RECEIVING ANYTHING AT ALL!! NO ONE!

PLEASE CLOSE THE BUSINESS, 1800-FLOWERS IS WORTHLESS STAY AWAY!!!

richm216
3/30/16

DO NOT use this service! They are the most incompetent people Iv'e ever dealt with. I've used them a number of times and each time its NOTHING but AGGRAVATION!! I'm so pissed off at the quality of flowers delivered and the HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE customer service that I cant even go into what I've had to deal with. ALL I CAN SAY IS SAVE YOUR MONEY AND USE A LOCAL SERVICE!!! These people SUCK!

ax344
3/15/16

Absolutely HORRIBLE customer service. Very rude and all around a terrible business.

peters222
3/14/16

My wife had to head out on a business trip, so the kids and I decided to surprise her with a bouquet of flowers to her hotel in Maryland. I wanted to be sure that the order would arrive the same day, so I called it in and spoke to a representative. The representative assured me it would be left at the concierge desk and delivered upon her arrival. Needless to say, it wasn't delivered until the next day. Several calls to the customer service department, and they could CARE LESS! I WILL NEVER USE THIS SERVICE AGAIN!!! NOT TO BE TRUSTED!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!

naj51
3/12/16

I ordered a fruit bouquet for my mom's birthday. On the day I called them around 4pm and was told that they have up to 7pm to deliver. Well 7pm came and no delivery. Called back and customer service aid the place is closed. Call back the next day and was told that the shop the order was coming from was disabled and not able to make the products and that the head office was informed even though my request was sent there. They apologize and Gabe me back my shipping fee. They then called a nearby shop who stated they could deliver in two days. Two days came and went but not delivery again. I called and told them I want to cancel the order. The young lady called my mom to apologize about the situation which was nice but they still ruined my gift for my mom's 75th birthday. They offered a $20 coupon but I told them to keep it as I will never again order from them. I am so upset and disappointed.

marym293
2/18/16

I have been promised flowers and got a call from Hawaii saying that delivery would be today....Yes, It's Feb 18th.....Valentines Day was Feb 14th...right.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the 1-800-Flowers staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
5/9/16
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
1/24/16
Answer
kellyw46
A: Service is terrible! Will never use them or reccomend to anyone! Use your local florist
1/26/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the 1-800-Flowers staff and other customers.

1-800-Flowers?