WPMU DEV

WPMU DEV has a consumer rating of 4.8 stars from 224 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. WPMU DEV also ranks 1st among Script sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 96.7%

• While their product is great, their customer service and community attention is even better.
  • Most of their plugins are incredible but the best of the experience so far is the support team.

• Zero notifications of trial period ending, so no courtesy.
How would you rate WPMU DEV?

“I've used this service for several years now”

T W.
12/25/19

This service is great! I started using this service as soon as it was developed. I haven't been as keen on maintaining my website when Gutenberg first came on the scene, but I've revved back up and have been blessed to still have WPMUDEV holding down the fort in the background. The customer support has been awesome. They are always proficient at responding back when there's an issue, and they 're always keeping me apprised of how to resolve any scenario, even if it's not their issue.

“DO NOT HOST with them if you don't want a catastrophic loss of money and business!”

Gabor L.
1/26/20

Guys, be aware this company might delete your hosted sites in any minute. This just happened to me - they just deleted one of my sites hosted at them, a site under active development, without any warning and without any reason to do so. And while technically you can get the site back, you won't have a backup with the latest code status before the deletion. Effin ridiculous bunch of amateurs, a potential catastrophy for everyone hosting at/with them.

customer service (15) support team (16) customer support (6) wordpress plugins (7) great support (9) smush pro (5) patrick cohen (4) support staff (5) aditya shah (4) chat support (4) trial period (3) katya tsihotska (4)
gaborl4
January 26th, 2020

dereks67
December 25th, 2017
WPMU DEV are thieves. Google around, you will find very many reports from real people (unlike the sock puppet accounts which praise them). Recently exposed for stealing the money of a company supporting a children's hospital. Avoid
dorothyd1
June 3rd, 2019
This company is terrible with customer service. I run 2 small websites as a volunteer. We have no staff. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE "FREE" TRIAL.

It cost me $350 because this company refuses to send out notifications that the free trial is ending. I never used their products. I checked their stuff out -- and that was it. You must have paid staff who will read all the fine print. Or mark your calendar.

The worst is the way customer support responds. They "gave" me an extra 6 months free! I wasn't using their product anyway. Giving me more of nothing was a low blow. Customer support also said that my credit score might be lowered if I pursue a fraud complaint with my credit card company.

These are unhealthy people. Very risky. Very unpleasant.

I don't have a proof of purchase. I do have the monthly withdrawal info on my credit card statements. I'll take a pic of one of them and attach here if I can edit this after submitting.

Tip for consumers: Do not get the free trial.

marcb204
May 18th, 2019
I signed up for a free trial of their their premium service and as soon as I installed their plugins I had a conflict and the site crashed. I tried to find a phone number to call on the site. No phone support. Chat support was unable to fix the issue. I paid to have a developer fix it. As this happened during the trial and I uninstalled all services and I spoke to the company about this, I assumed the free trial was cancelled. The next month I was noticed I was billed but, they reversed it right away so I thought it was an error on their part that they quickly corrected. I didn't notice that they billed again a couple day later. The following month they billed me again. I noticed and checked back and found the charge from the previous month. I tried to find a billing phone number on the site but, again only chat. They confirmed that they noticed that I have never used the service but refused to give me a full refund. They offered me free services which they knew were not compatible with my site and a month of refund. I felt they should have never billed very unfortunate.
sl465
December 19th, 2017
Zero notifications of trial period ending, so no courtesy. HUGE monthly payment not worth services rendered. No invoices or receipts sent upon payment. They basically hope you will forget you signed up for a trial so they can charge you until you notice. They will not send you anything to indicate that you are being billed monthly and they will NOT refund you, but will send you oodles of sales emails. Lockin artists with sub par plugins and services. Most of them had script conflicts with my existing basic setup. Nag screens constantly. Stay away. No run away..

Tip for consumers: Don't give them your CC# unless you are good at remembering and create a reminder for yourself to cancel at the end of trial or you will be charged a hefty monthly fee because they will NOT remind you...

waynew52
July 13th, 2017
I had terrible interaction with Ken K. He was rude, condesending and had no respect for the business of support.
blakew19
September 27th, 2017
They are extremely slow to fix plugins if it is not one of their core plugins like Defender, Hummingbird, or Smush. You're better off canceling your subscription and hiring a developer to fix the bugs.
anderh
March 17th, 2015
(English is not my 1st language)
I honestly discourage to do business with them. Unless you want to lose a lot of your precious time.

I bought the classified plugin full of hope. I read all of the documentation, used a fresh install of wordpress with no others plugins in it. Their damn plugin couldn't work as advertised! I tried and tried and tried, lost so much time, wrote to their support by forum, and by mail, some of them even disappeared without solving anything. They had full access to my website.

One of their support member even tried very hard to make that bad plugin work, and couldn't do it. Their own plugin...

I obviously asked them a refund, they said no. I told them to make their plugin work then. They couldn't do it. I have still haven't got a refund by now. And of course no protection from paypal, so I'm probably just scr*wed...

Others true professionals like for example EDD, refund you if your not happy with their plugins. And actually resolve most of your issues. So I can't understand why wpmudev sell plugins that don't even work. That's just stealing people! I can't believe that level of unprofessionalism exist.

Tip for consumers: Just don't ! Just search for others review if you don't believe mine... and read their support forum and the many disappointed people here, most of them professionals who lost so much time.

kailashr
kailash r.
April 5th, 2018
can someone help me. my website https://hindish.com images are not showing after installing wp smushed.

They are a perfect companion to help you with many aspects related to running WordPress sites & portals. Their support is excellent for "basic" issues you may have regarding design or standard-functionalities. You get the most out of a membership if you run multiple WordPress-sites. If you only run a single site with a rather advanced feature like a dating site, this membership might be a bit overkill, because you will need the skills of an experienced developer or support of the premium plugins that you will need to setup a dating-site with WordPress. You should try to setup your dating-site and configure and modify as much as possible, then go for a trial membership (they offer 14 days afaik) and prepare to report as many issues as possible in advance.

By Sushi L.
See more answers (2)

Hey Allen! Our products should work with any plugin or theme that follows the WordPress coding standards. For obvious reasons, we cannot guarantee a 100% compatibility with every product available in the market, but what we do guarantee is that if you ever experience any issues/conflicts with the page builder that you're using and our software, our support team will be right by your side to assist. If you have any additional questions, feel free to email us at contact@wpmudev.org or use our contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ Have a great day.

By Timothy B.,

Hey Errold, Please send all your questions to contact@wpmudev.org and our staff will gladly look into them. Have a wonderful day!

By Timothy B.,

Hey! Please take a look at our Forminator here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/forminator-pro/. Let us know if you have any additional questions and you can always contact us at contact@wpmudev.org

By Timothy B.,

They have more of plugins that would speed up and optimize your website/theme. I think you're looking for more of a WordPress theme/script in order to have an online marketplace. The WPMU DEV plugins will definitely help our your marketplace when it's in production, I know they helped with my eCommerce site :)

By Tommy C.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the WPMU DEV staff and other customers.

Gear up with powerful WordPress plugins, easy drag and drop theme editing and 24/7 expert WordPress support.

We pride ourselves on our level of customer support and responsiveness to member requests. Your WordPress experience will never be the same.

timothyb38
Timothy B.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WPMU DEV?

Have a question about WPMU DEV?