Review of WPMU DEV

Tel: 1465487999
james@incsub.com

virgilv5
4/17/15
wpmudev.org has awesome support for plugins and themes dealing with Wordpress. I highly recommend them to anyone wanting to build a business around the Wordpress platform.
victort9
4/15/15
Prompt answer to questions and updated regulary.
anderh
3/17/15
(English is not my 1st language)
I honestly discourage to do business with them. Unless you want to lose a lot of your precious time.

I bought the classified plugin full of hope. I read all of the documentation, used a fresh install of wordpress with no others plugins in it. Their damn plugin couldn't work as advertised ! I tried and tried and tried, lost so much time, wrote to their support by forum, and by mail, some of them even disappeared without solving anything. They had full access to my website.

One of their support member even tried very hard to make that bad plugin work, and couldn't do it. Their own plugin...

I obviously asked them a refund, they said no. I told them to make their plugin work then. They couldn't do it. I have still haven't got a refund by now. And of course no protection from paypal, so I'm probably just scr*wed...

Others true professionals like for example EDD, refund you if your not happy with their plugins. And actually resolve most of your issues. So I can't understand why wpmudev sell plugins that don't even work. That's just stealing people ! I can't believe that level of unprofessionalism exist.

Tip for consumers: Just don't ! Just search for others review if you don't believe mine... and read their support forum and the many disappointed people here, most of them professionals who lost so much time.

kevinc87
3/13/15
Great products for wordpress with excellent support.
andrem8
2/13/15
I stumbled upon wpmudev repeatedly when I was looking for plugins and consistently it would be theirs that turned up as either the only or the best solution for most of my needs.

It's a joy to work with them as they are open for suggestions, customizations, client-submitted code, and overall make it a 2-way experience rather than force-feeding you their product without negotiation.

The biggest benefit would be that across their growing catalog of plugins you have no problem to use the base functions with the latest WP versions and a couple of their plugins even can co-operate to take your site to new levels.

As with all software there might be an occasional bug if you max out a plugin but they are addressing the issue on a direct developer level rather than just a support ticket and then you wait for an update some day.

Besides the above, they also publish articles about how to use *not just their own* stuff but make WP a better experience overall.

A great source for most of your WP plugin needs and general knowledge.
mikep105
1/27/15
Without question , this site is your goto for all things wordpress. As someone who is developing in WordPress, you certainly cannot "know it all" and hence you need to turn to someone to help solve or help guide you to customize your needs. WPMU is just your site.
Their forum and search library is extensive and they are very responsive when you have to open a ticket for a specific issue. Also, they offer live chat support at various times to support the global workforce.
All n all a great value, to help me when I run into an issue with WordPress- and it doesn't even have to be their products- though I elected to use several plugins because of their guaranteed integration.

Very satisfied member.
Mike P
Polaris Group LLC

Tip for consumers: Browse the forum, and the blogs to see their strength of knowledge.

izod
1/26/15
Since started to use their plugins and themes, my job has been so much easier. And I saved lot of money hiring professional IT and software developers. Now I can serve my clients with ease and with professional tutorials, videos, etc. All under my name.
Keep it up, good work.
johnd331
1/24/15
sarinaj1
1/16/15
As an ex-tech support person, I have high expectations for the support companies offer; these guys haven't let me down and are quick to source solutions for Word Press plug-ins and themes. They have also been more helpful than my service provider for trouble-shooting server-side errors. Thanks, Mpmudev.org.
patp19
1/3/15
lorienf
12/21/14
I have been a member of WPMU DEV since 2011. It is the ONLY company where I look forward to paying the annual membership fee.

WPMU DEV is one of the top companies in the WordPress community today because they had vision and foresight when WordPress was in it's infancy -- that WordPress was going to change the "how" of website development.

WPMU DEV has 350+ Plugins and Themes, and every one of of them is an amazing tool. I've installed many of their Plugins and, for the first time, recently added the Fundraising Plugin to a nonprofit client's site.

From my side, there were no hassles getting everything set up. On the nonprofit side, I was easily able to set User Permissions; giving the bookkeeper and Committee Chair the perfect level of needed access. They were so impressed by being able to run their own Crowdfunding campaign, that I have been hired to completely overhaul their website.

WPMU DEV has given me solutions to offer my clients to help their business growth. I have become a "one-stop Plugin shop" for much of the code that only a few years ago I hired out to programmers.

My business offers e-commerce, blogging, social media, fundraising, email marketing, event, membership and appointment management -- SOLUTIONS. So, thank you WPMU DEV! I look forward to seeing that it's time to pay my fee.
stever60
12/13/14
WPMU DEV support was very helpful and informative (This is what needs to be in the wordpress codex) and in my opinion would make the basis of a very useful and valuable article.

This was exactly the kind of expert support I was hoping for, worth every penny.

Thanks very much!
davidr123
11/26/14
I've been a member of WPMU Dev Premium since 2009 and I absolutely love it. Since I wanted to develop projects with multisite and buddypress, I knew from the beginning I should just stay close to the best on the field, and almost no one did any commercial products for WPMU back then, since it wasn't even part of the wordpress core.

What I got was beyond my expectations, since not only I have a myriad of awesome plugins and themes under my belt that cover a very wide range of functionalities for all sorts of web based projects of my own and for clients, but I also get unparalleled support, and this is worth 10x more the cost of the subscription. Any time I submit a ticket I get immediate support but also there's always the daily scheduled sessions to guide us through every aspect, not only of their products, but also of wordpress and buddypress themselves, hosting issues, etc...

There's also constant updates of every product and further development of new ones, always responding to our needs, since they are always listening to the community of WPMU Dev Premium users (another asset on itself, since there are a lot of WP power users inside) for our feedback.

All of this makes it easy even for clients that are totally new to wordpress to take advantage of everything, but it is also great for experienced users like myself (with 15 years+ of webdev experience)

Tip for consumers: Take full advantage of the support sessions, sometimes so many options can be overwhelming at first, but the team will clarify what are the best tools for your needs.

leoc18
11/19/14
As a design firm, we need expediency and quick application. WPMU DEV definitely delivers on both accounts and has excellent customer support.
conradk5
11/11/14
As a freelance web developer I am always looking for tools that I can use to make my life easier and deliver more value to my clients. WPMU Dev is an excellent resource in my arsenal. They offer a wide variety of themes, and their vast selection of plugins are top-notch. With up-to-the-moment updates I can always be confident that all they offer will be compatible with WordPress' latest versions.

While their product is great, their customer service and community attention is even better. I've dealt with George, David, and several others and have always found them to be very quick to answer (even on the weekends) and super friendly and helpful.

If you design sites, or even just one site, in WordPress, I'd highly recommend checking them out!

Tip for consumers: Be sure to subscribe to their newsletter for tons of helpful tips, tricks, and WordPress related news!

keithl25
10/24/14
Best online support I've ever had, time sensitive and helpful - well worth the price of admission...
dano17
10/21/14
I have to tell you the truth: I'm a wordpress poweruser. I'm using wordpress on every of my sites and most of my customers sites too. So it didn't take long to get in touch with wpmudev. Almost on every project which I have realized I'm using minimum one or two plugins to extend my site functionality. A must have two every responsible webmaster.
nathanl27
10/6/14
Fantastic support and a great team! Cannot recommend highly enough!
jeffa26
10/2/14
I've been a subscriber to WPMU for over a year now, and the service is probably the best I've used in my small WordPress development business. The tech support that you get from the staff and the community have more than paid for the subscription price. Throw in access to all of their plugins for free -- awesome deal. I highly recommend the service.

Tip for consumers: Get engaged with the online community. You'll be surprised at how much you know that you can share with others.

mikeb152
9/9/14
Timely and Professional support is provided for both post-sale customers and presales.
All services and products are 100% as described on their sales pages.
leonardl13
9/9/14
support is excellent this is an expense I am glad I chose to maintain. I'm looking to increase my revenue and by having WPMU Dev in my pocket I know I will.

Tip for consumers: purchase an account these people really know word press and far exceed the standard wordpress forums. they are professional and well versed in the products.

miloszr
9/7/14
I have been using wmpudev plugins since 2010. Now I'm considering renewing my membership.

As a website developer with main insterest in wordpress, I also value time and professional supprot. What I need in my projects is well writen, fully supported,wordpress plugins. In my project I use Autoblog, Infinite SEO, Recent Custom Posts/Comments among many others, especially plugins dedicated for multisite functionality. I also implement wpmudev solution on standalone wordpress sites.

During each project, I spent many hours with wpmudev consultans discussing issues and asking - questions or issue has never been left unanswered. In addition, some projects showed that external wordpress solutions work fine with wmpudev plugins - like localization standard WPML or independent theme authors (e.g. on themeforest), who provided dedicated fixes and support. It is fantastic experience to know that you can count on the platform you have chosen and have reliable partner to work with.

5 stars service, thank you and despite of the fact I'm working less with wordpress nowadays, I am staying with wpmudev.

Tip for consumers: Just ask, they are here to help and support. Best regards.

merritta11
8/31/14
Really excellent support

I'm very new to design and doing my own site.
So of course, I've contacted them quite a few times and the support is always very quick and very kind and supportive.

Highly recommended.
purplem
8/18/14
WPMU offers many great plugins that allow us to deliver cost-effective Wordpress projects.
The community and support are of great value. The multi site network support is invaluable.
peters134
8/1/14
At the time of review, I've been a paying member for a full year.

Backstory: I had been using WordPress multisite to centralize the management of around 10 sites. However, there was a lack of plugins to provide much of the necessary functionality I was looking for. In particular there were lots of WordPress plugins that just didn't work with multisite or required tweaking to make them work. On the other hand, plugins that were specifically designed for management of multisite were rare and oftentimes quite hacky. It wasn't too serious as the websites I was managing were all mine and not heavily trafficked. Downtime was not an issue. It was a hobby.

As I was looking to expand the web business into something more formalized and start taking paying clients, I realized I had to nail down the stability and capabilities of the whole network. There were many times when bugs introduced through plugin upgrades would bring down the whole network. These would take hours to track down and fix. This is the downside of the leverage of handling all sites centrally.

I was aware of the involvement of the founder of WPMUDEV, David Farms, in the early development of what was then WPMU. In particular, the Farm's theme pack was a set of themes that absolutely worked with MU, which was unheard of at that time. I had also seen some of the plugins from WPMUDEV come up when looking for necessary plugins for multisite. The plugins they offered were all tested with multisite. I had never paid for a plugin until this point but wanted a lot of the plugins they offered. I bit the bullet and signed up for a years membership. It worked out at around $20 per month (but paid up front for the year). A fairly small fee, but for a starting business, still an expense.

There is still a learning curve and a lot to do to get everything sorted out. Everything is there, but you still have to implement it. At first, being averse to reading instructions first, I tried installing various plugins one by one, but later found they had a dashboard to install all their plugins. So after installing that it's a breeze (just click). That is now the first place I go to look for the plugins I need now (actually I use Google and then find the results on their site). The sheer volume of plugins gets a little overwhelming at times, but that's just research that needs to be done.

Currently I have 130 plugins installed. 75 are from WPMUDEV, 15 are from StudioPress, and the rest are big name free plugins like Jetpack and WordPress SEO. Being sure of the quality of the plugins helps keep my network going smoothly.

There are really two parts to the WPMUDEV membership. Those are the support and the development.

On the development side I feel so much more at ease knowing that the vast majority of the plugins I am using have been tested before updates are pushed out. How much testing is not known, but I do know the most important thing for me, and that is those updates will not BREAK my network. Of course there are often bugs to iron out (that's normal), but nothing catastrophic or anything that would cause my clients to lose trust in me, or me to lose trust in WPMUDEV. The plugins work as stated and are generally without fluff as they were designed for a specific purpose. I no longer worry about hitting the "upgrade" button, and I don't schedule upgrades for the weekend so I can throw hours into fixing everything when it breaks. Also, because of the generous terms I can run two mirror networks, do an upgrade on the testing network before making the changes to my primary network.

On the support side. The forums are for paying members only. Firstly, let me state what this is not. This is not a direct line to a developer who will do everything for you (although some will dig quite deep to help you out). You'd need to pay a heckuva lot more for that. What you do get is a forum where there are people who will help. It's sort of a "super forum" as there is something in it for the mods so they put in effort. The devs and members on the forums really do want to get to the root of the problems and will try their best, and occasionally a plugin author might step in for something when it seems necessary. I've used a few snippets of code from the forums to solve specific issues. There is also an option to allow a mod to get access to your site's backend. I have never needed that and am still reluctant on the whole, but other members appeared to have had their issues sorted out this way.

Overall I'm very pleased with the service I get which is essentially developer support and plugins for a fraction of the cost of a full time developer.

They are a perfect companion to help you with many aspects related to running WordPress sites & portals. Their support is excellent for "basic" issues you may have regarding design or standard-functionalities. You get the most out of a membership if you run multiple WordPress-sites. If you only run a single site with a rather advanced feature like a dating site, this membership might be a bit overkill, because you will need the skills of an experienced developer or support of the premium plugins that you will need to setup a dating-site with WordPress. You should try to setup your dating-site and configure and modify as much as possible, then go for a trial membership (they offer 14 days afaik) and prepare to report as many issues as possible in advance.

By Sushi L.

Hey Allen! Our products should work with any plugin or theme that follows the WordPress coding standards. For obvious reasons, we cannot guarantee a 100% compatibility with every product available in the market, but what we do guarantee is that if you ever experience any issues/conflicts with the page builder that you're using and our software, our support team will be right by your side to assist. If you have any additional questions, feel free to email us at contact@wpmudev.org or use our contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ Have a great day.

By Timothy B., WPMU DEV Representative

Hey Errold, Please send all your questions to contact@wpmudev.org and our staff will gladly look into them. Have a wonderful day!

By Timothy B., WPMU DEV Representative

Hey! Please take a look at our Forminator here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/forminator-pro/. Let us know if you have any additional questions and you can always contact us at contact@wpmudev.org

By Timothy B., WPMU DEV Representative

They have more of plugins that would speed up and optimize your website/theme. I think you're looking for more of a WordPress theme/script in order to have an online marketplace. The WPMU DEV plugins will definitely help our your marketplace when it's in production, I know they helped with my eCommerce site :)

By Tommy C.
Questions? Get answers from the WPMU DEV staff and other customers.

3 Photos for WPMU DEV