Review of WPMU DEV

Tel: 1465487999
james@incsub.com

lorienf
12/21/14

I have been a member of WPMU DEV since 2011. It is the ONLY company where I look forward to paying the annual membership fee.

WPMU DEV is one of the top companies in the WordPress community today because they had vision and foresight when WordPress was in it's infancy -- that WordPress was going to change the "how" of website development.

WPMU DEV has 350+ Plugins and Themes, and every one of of them is an amazing tool. I've installed many of their Plugins and, for the first time, recently added the Fundraising Plugin to a nonprofit client's site.

From my side, there were no hassles getting everything set up. On the nonprofit side, I was easily able to set User Permissions; giving the bookkeeper and Committee Chair the perfect level of needed access. They were so impressed by being able to run their own Crowdfunding campaign, that I have been hired to completely overhaul their website.

WPMU DEV has given me solutions to offer my clients to help their business growth. I have become a "one-stop Plugin shop" for much of the code that only a few years ago I hired out to programmers.

My business offers e-commerce, blogging, social media, fundraising, email marketing, event, membership and appointment management -- SOLUTIONS. So, thank you WPMU DEV! I look forward to seeing that it's time to pay my fee.

stever60
12/13/14

WPMU DEV support was very helpful and informative (This is what needs to be in the wordpress codex) and in my opinion would make the basis of a very useful and valuable article.

This was exactly the kind of expert support I was hoping for, worth every penny.

Thanks very much!

davidr123
11/26/14

I've been a member of WPMU Dev Premium since 2009 and I absolutely love it. Since I wanted to develop projects with multisite and buddypress, I knew from the beginning I should just stay close to the best on the field, and almost no one did any commercial products for WPMU back then, since it wasn't even part of the wordpress core.

What I got was beyond my expectations, since not only I have a myriad of awesome plugins and themes under my belt that cover a very wide range of functionalities for all sorts of web based projects of my own and for clients, but I also get unparalleled support, and this is worth 10x more the cost of the subscription. Any time I submit a ticket I get immediate support but also there's always the daily scheduled sessions to guide us through every aspect, not only of their products, but also of wordpress and buddypress themselves, hosting issues, etc...

There's also constant updates of every product and further development of new ones, always responding to our needs, since they are always listening to the community of WPMU Dev Premium users (another asset on itself, since there are a lot of WP power users inside) for our feedback.

All of this makes it easy even for clients that are totally new to wordpress to take advantage of everything, but it is also great for experienced users like myself (with 15 years+ of webdev experience)

Tip for consumers: Take full advantage of the support sessions, sometimes so many options can be overwhelming at first, but the team will clarify what are the best tools for your needs.

leoc18
11/19/14

As a design firm, we need expediency and quick application. WPMU DEV definitely delivers on both accounts and has excellent customer support.

conradk5
11/11/14

As a freelance web developer I am always looking for tools that I can use to make my life easier and deliver more value to my clients. WPMU Dev is an excellent resource in my arsenal. They offer a wide variety of themes, and their vast selection of plugins are top-notch. With up-to-the-moment updates I can always be confident that all they offer will be compatible with WordPress' latest versions.

While their product is great, their customer service and community attention is even better. I've dealt with George, David, and several others and have always found them to be very quick to answer (even on the weekends) and super friendly and helpful.

If you design sites, or even just one site, in WordPress, I'd highly recommend checking them out!

Tip for consumers: Be sure to subscribe to their newsletter for tons of helpful tips, tricks, and WordPress related news!

keithl25
10/24/14

Best online support I've ever had, time sensitive and helpful - well worth the price of admission...

dano17
10/21/14

I have to tell you the truth: I'm a wordpress poweruser. I'm using wordpress on every of my sites and most of my customers sites too. So it didn't take long to get in touch with wpmudev. Almost on every project which I have realized I'm using minimum one or two plugins to extend my site functionality. A must have two every responsible webmaster.

nathanl27
10/6/14

Fantastic support and a great team! Cannot recommend highly enough!

jeffa26
10/2/14

I've been a subscriber to WPMU for over a year now, and the service is probably the best I've used in my small WordPress development business. The tech support that you get from the staff and the community have more than paid for the subscription price. Throw in access to all of their plugins for free -- awesome deal. I highly recommend the service.

Tip for consumers: Get engaged with the online community. You'll be surprised at how much you know that you can share with others.

mikeb152
9/9/14

Timely and Professional support is provided for both post-sale customers and presales.
All services and products are 100% as described on their sales pages.

leonardl13
9/9/14

support is excellent this is an expense I am glad I chose to maintain. I'm looking to increase my revenue and by having WPMU Dev in my pocket I know I will.

Tip for consumers: purchase an account these people really know word press and far exceed the standard wordpress forums. they are professional and well versed in the products.

miloszr
9/7/14

I have been using wmpudev plugins since 2010. Now I'm considering renewing my membership.

As a website developer with main insterest in wordpress, I also value time and professional supprot. What I need in my projects is well writen, fully supported,wordpress plugins. In my project I use Autoblog, Infinite SEO, Recent Custom Posts/Comments among many others, especially plugins dedicated for multisite functionality. I also implement wpmudev solution on standalone wordpress sites.

During each project, I spent many hours with wpmudev consultans discussing issues and asking - questions or issue has never been left unanswered. In addition, some projects showed that external wordpress solutions work fine with wmpudev plugins - like localization standard WPML or independent theme authors (e.g. on themeforest), who provided dedicated fixes and support. It is fantastic experience to know that you can count on the platform you have chosen and have reliable partner to work with.

5 stars service, thank you and despite of the fact I'm working less with wordpress nowadays, I am staying with wpmudev.

Tip for consumers: Just ask, they are here to help and support. Best regards.

merritta11
8/31/14

Really excellent support

I'm very new to design and doing my own site.
So of course, I've contacted them quite a few times and the support is always very quick and very kind and supportive.

Highly recommended.

purplem
8/18/14

WPMU offers many great plugins that allow us to deliver cost-effective Wordpress projects.
The community and support are of great value. The multi site network support is invaluable.

peters134
8/1/14

At the time of review, I've been a paying member for a full year.

Backstory: I had been using WordPress multisite to centralize the management of around 10 sites. However, there was a lack of plugins to provide much of the necessary functionality I was looking for. In particular there were lots of WordPress plugins that just didn't work with multisite or required tweaking to make them work. On the other hand, plugins that were specifically designed for management of multisite were rare and oftentimes quite hacky. It wasn't too serious as the websites I was managing were all mine and not heavily trafficked. Downtime was not an issue. It was a hobby.

As I was looking to expand the web business into something more formalized and start taking paying clients, I realized I had to nail down the stability and capabilities of the whole network. There were many times when bugs introduced through plugin upgrades would bring down the whole network. These would take hours to track down and fix. This is the downside of the leverage of handling all sites centrally.

I was aware of the involvement of the founder of WPMUDEV, David Farms, in the early development of what was then WPMU. In particular, the Farm's theme pack was a set of themes that absolutely worked with MU, which was unheard of at that time. I had also seen some of the plugins from WPMUDEV come up when looking for necessary plugins for multisite. The plugins they offered were all tested with multisite. I had never paid for a plugin until this point but wanted a lot of the plugins they offered. I bit the bullet and signed up for a years membership. It worked out at around $20 per month (but paid up front for the year). A fairly small fee, but for a starting business, still an expense.

There is still a learning curve and a lot to do to get everything sorted out. Everything is there, but you still have to implement it. At first, being averse to reading instructions first, I tried installing various plugins one by one, but later found they had a dashboard to install all their plugins. So after installing that it's a breeze (just click). That is now the first place I go to look for the plugins I need now (actually I use Google and then find the results on their site). The sheer volume of plugins gets a little overwhelming at times, but that's just research that needs to be done.

Currently I have 130 plugins installed. 75 are from WPMUDEV, 15 are from StudioPress, and the rest are big name free plugins like Jetpack and WordPress SEO. Being sure of the quality of the plugins helps keep my network going smoothly.

There are really two parts to the WPMUDEV membership. Those are the support and the development.

On the development side I feel so much more at ease knowing that the vast majority of the plugins I am using have been tested before updates are pushed out. How much testing is not known, but I do know the most important thing for me, and that is those updates will not BREAK my network. Of course there are often bugs to iron out (that's normal), but nothing catastrophic or anything that would cause my clients to lose trust in me, or me to lose trust in WPMUDEV. The plugins work as stated and are generally without fluff as they were designed for a specific purpose. I no longer worry about hitting the "upgrade" button, and I don't schedule upgrades for the weekend so I can throw hours into fixing everything when it breaks. Also, because of the generous terms I can run two mirror networks, do an upgrade on the testing network before making the changes to my primary network.

On the support side. The forums are for paying members only. Firstly, let me state what this is not. This is not a direct line to a developer who will do everything for you (although some will dig quite deep to help you out). You'd need to pay a heckuva lot more for that. What you do get is a forum where there are people who will help. It's sort of a "super forum" as there is something in it for the mods so they put in effort. The devs and members on the forums really do want to get to the root of the problems and will try their best, and occasionally a plugin author might step in for something when it seems necessary. I've used a few snippets of code from the forums to solve specific issues. There is also an option to allow a mod to get access to your site's backend. I have never needed that and am still reluctant on the whole, but other members appeared to have had their issues sorted out this way.

Overall I'm very pleased with the service I get which is essentially developer support and plugins for a fraction of the cost of a full time developer.

stephenw38
6/7/14

WPMU DEV is essential for anyone looking to get the most out of their use with WordPress. The ability to have so many different customization and functional options available to you is very beneficial. With WPMU Dev, you get all these under the same roof! So, whenever you need support, their top-of-the-line support team is there with the solutions to your problems.

I have had nothing but possible positive experiences with WPMU DEV and I can't foresee why that would change.

markg75
6/5/14

This is one organization you want to be a part of.

Not only do they have a team of technical experts who are experienced with wordpress, MU, buddypress and 100's of plugins, they answer your technical questions and help you get your site up and running --

it is the best money I have spent in a long time.. just access to their library of tested tried and true plugins is worth the little money this support membership costs -

if you are smart -- and you are a wordpress designer/developer -- you would go join right now --- and unfortunately I don't make any money on this -- LOL... but you need to belong, it will save you thousands of dollars in lost productivity time

davida106
5/29/14

WPMU DEV offers a complete package. From excellent plugins that function as described to a robust community platform and Membership support that provide help with customzation of plugins to carry out additional functions as desired, I think WPMU DEV offers some of the best Wordpress plugins on the market. I do not think there is a serious Wordpress user out there that has not heard of WPMU DEV or used their plugins at one time or the other.

thomasf37
5/25/14

WPMU Dev support is awesome. If I've got a problem, or don't understand, I post it, and they answer. I will no longer go without them.

Thanks WPMU Dev.

Director, Local Main Street Marketing

javid2
5/20/14

Hi.I want to recommend Wpmudev because of their professionalism and honesty.
They are professional because they have in their team a bunch of people that they know where they are and what they do.
When i start working with them i have a lot of doubts about wordpres, i have really started with them and they were there to help me in all of my issues and no one of my questions remain unanswered.
Furthermore they have the biggest repository of plugins and themes that i have ever seen. Near to you at one click away. Plugins that make your life very easy in wordpress. Even plugings that suggest you new ways of business that i have never think about. For all of this I fairly recommend wpmudev.
And for their honesty, something very important when you make business in internet. They fulfill everything that they promise. And even something like to respond in less than an hour, something very important when you are in a problem, or something go bad with your site.
For all of this I recommend WPMUDEV.

marinas10
5/11/14

The plugins are a life saver!
I am a developer and I use almost all of their plugins on different websites, it saves me a lot of time. And when I need any support I can just check the forum or message them and they were always very helpful.
Totally recommend!

tariqa
4/8/14

WPMU offer a huge selection of great plugins and features for anyone running a wordpress website, they have excellent customer service and support platform which anyone can make use off. Would recommend them.

christianf16
4/3/14

WPMU Dev is THE source for Wordpress MultiSite plugins and support. I've recently switched from 8 single site wordpress installations to 1 multisite network that houses all of my sites. This has been a very challenging move, but with the help of WPMU Dev, I have access to a wide array of plugins that are designed JUST FOR MULTISITE. And the best part is, most of their plugins integrate with each other. This alllows the greatest flexibility when planning the features of your site. And to top it all off, I've received excellent support on some very technical plugin customizations. Their developers really know what they are doing and they've often gone above and beyond to make sure that I can create the functionality that I need. This is a great company that is getting better every day. I can't wait to see what they come up with next. . .

debbiec20
3/31/14

WPMUDev is a source of not only some of the greatest WordPress plugins - including those for Multisite - available, but also a terrific support system and community.

My experience with support and even their billing office has always been positive (and fast),.

I'm excited that in a new network site I'm developing for a non profit with frequently changing personnel, I am able to include their extensive library of training videos in a private documentation resource.

For any developer serious about WordPress, WPMU Dev is a worthwhile investment for your tool kit.

josed15
3/12/14

Nice plugins, nice support, WPMU is everything you need to run your wordpress site.
Everything is professional. 5 Stars, no doubt.

Hey Errold, Please send all your questions to contact@wpmudev.org and our staff will gladly look into them. Have a wonderful day!

By Timothy B., WPMU DEV Representative

Hey! Please take a look at our Forminator here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/forminator-pro/. Let us know if you have any additional questions and you can always contact us at contact@wpmudev.org

By Timothy B., WPMU DEV Representative

It can help, but you will need more than this. It is worth it just for the support that is not just limited to their products!

By Lambros S.

Questions? Get answers from the WPMU DEV staff and other customers.

1 Photo for WPMU DEV