Review of Wimdu

Tel: +1-347-480-2117
datenschutz@wimdu.com

motuh
11/3/17

Please stay away from this home sharing platform, especially if you are a host. As a former Wimdu host, I stopped hosting on the Wimdu platform after we could no longer tolerate the following:
1. Lack of transparency with fees. The amount provided to hosts is never what was noted in your invoice. There are hidden fees that were never disclosed.
2. Lack of representation for hosts. False claims and complaints made by guests will result in immediate monetary fine for hosts. There is no opportunity for hosts to repeal false statements made by guests.
3. Lack of support for hosts. Guests that break house rules or even the federal local laws will not receive any penalty from Wimdu. (Unlike hosts where fines are immediately enforced, please refer to #2) They have repeatedly told me that its up to the hosts to ensure guests follow the rules.
4. Lack of control on posting pictures and writing description of your listing. Putting up new pictures and writing new descriptions requires numerous approvals that may even get denied.
Overall, the company is unethical and unprofessional. Youll lose money, time and energy, and most of all a pleasant night sleep after dealing with them. Save yourself the unnecessary stress and aggravation and go elsewhere!!!

viennav1
6/18/17

Unbelievable bad service! Never have deal with them!
I've made a mistake of using Wimdu booking. They have hidden fees which the client does not see when paying for the booking. For example, Wimdu have 20% of your money if you cancel your booking. Irresponsible company, never use again. Fraudsters!

leeyas
10/9/15

Find an alternative to Wimdu. It is one of the most ridiculous companies I've ever made the mistake of using. I booked an apartment in Munich for 8 people only to have the host say that they 'upgraded' us to another apartment. After days of asking to see the new place, I finally get photos and the 'upgraded' place is terrible and only has one bed. Horrible host! Later when I told her that there is absolutely no chance that we were going to stay there and asked if the original apartment was still available, she said "you will not find anything better" and that we should cancel.
But when I contacted wimdu about the situation and to get my 2100 dollars refunded, there is complete silence. No phone number and no one to talk to. And it's been weeks and I sent multiple emails. In the meantime, we booked a new apartment through airbnb.
All of a sudden, Karla, the host asks if we are ready for our stay. WHAT? She told me to cancel! At the same time, someone from Wimdu finally contacted me and told me that Karla never said the apartment wasn't available, that she wanted to upgrade us and that the original one was available for us the entire time. It was like they were teaming up against me to make me feel like I lost my mind. I pointed out the multiple parts of our conversation where Karla said that we need to cancel the apartment. They twisted it so that it sounded like I made an ultimatum for an early check-in or would cancel. At this point, I was tired of Wimdu and the host and the back and forth emails and asked multiple times to cancel. It never happened.
When you call Wimdu, you get an answering machine. There is no real person to talk to. There is no customer service. This whole website is a scam. Do not use it. I made the mistake of using it and threw $2100 dollars in the trash with no remorse on Wimdu's part. There are plenty of apartment rental companies out there that are good and trustworthy companies. Wimdu is NOT one of them.
Moral of the story is to run far away from Wimdu and their hosts and their apartments so you don't end up losing significant amounts of money.

unalu
9/7/15

I have had couple apartments to rent over wimdu (homeaway) they have several website online, though they are all same company. I received a booking and informed that the guest paid the total amount. Guest checked in on June 20th for 3 weeks and checked out on 3 weeks later. In my Dashboard, I have a message that I will be receiving my money after 5-7 business days. I wait. I wait. No money. I called them. I got a response that saying the credit card was duplicated so I will not be receiving money. I told them that I'ts not my responsibility. I have done my cutie by providing a very nice accommodation. They told me that they have sent me an email about the the issue on 2nd of July (which means the guest was already staying in my apartment over 10 nights). I looked into my emails. They sent warning email on July 2nd however they have sent to my personal email account and that email went to junk email box. I told them why I did not receive the information from my wimdu dashboard or my reservation email account, which I receive the booking requests... I have been told that booking and accountings are 2 different companies and they won't share all the information (Nonsense). I debated about at least you are responsible paying 10 nights stay, which guest was already in my apartment 10 days when I have received the "warning email"... They have done nothing. I did not pay my money. They say it is in our policy" if the credit card declined that's mean the host has to absorbed the lost" . it's not fair, it is not a decent company. Stay away from them. Guest nor host are protected. Selfish, BS company. Never, ever recommend anybody... I hope they bankrupt very soon. Additionally, guest broke my headboard, stolen one of my linen set...

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Balls. They're pathologically dishonest but stupid with it, and now they're bankrupt, praise the lord.

By Airbnb H.
Questions? Get answers from the Wimdu staff and other customers.

Wimdu?