Review of WebMD

2018 Customer choice award

44 reviews with 4 stars

donnyw15
11/11/18

WebMD is pretty good to stay up to date on your health and to find out some interesting and easy ways to improve your health or to check out what some symptoms could mean if you're too scared to visit a doctor.

michaelo258
8/6/18

while trying to view slideshows or do quizzes the very slow ads slow down the whole experience......

jamiem139
10/31/17

This website has a lot of helpful and useful information! For the most part it is usually accurate. I will continue to use this website. I trust what it says but with a grain of salt. I always contact my doctor for the more accurate information I need, but WebMD is very helpful when it's the weekend or late at night and you can not contact your doctor.

pauly51
10/4/17

In the past I have had problems with hypertension, sluggish thyroid, vericose veins and shingles and depression and anxiety...weight gain and other human conditions and WebMd always has a answer and I got to my local doctor(S) and use the information provided by WebMd to let the doctor know of my health concerns.
so far my wife and I are satisfied with WebMD

jamesf224
8/14/17

You can find definitions of medical terms. Medical reviews and many other things referring to the medical field. Keep in mind they also advertise products that pay them. Always check out two or three sources on a medical subject.

billiep4
6/19/17

When I first used this site I thought, how wonderful because it gave me information. The problem is, that this site only offers the basic answers. It tells you the definition of what it is you are looking up. To have a better understanding however, I had to go to other sites. Not bad though for beginners.

raulw9
6/13/17

In general if you want to know about something you go to Wikipedia, but in terms of health care it can not give such a complete and accurate answer as WebMD.

kimberlys79
5/5/17

I come from a medical family and am a healer myself. I love WebMD.

That said, I caution everyone to understand that WebMD isn't there looking and examining you and just because you have symptoms of X or Y doesn't mean the problem can't be P or T. Many problems have similar symptoms, and symptoms sometimes don't mean anything important. So self-diagnosis is not the best idea - for anyong - no matter what the problem or medical expertise level.

BUT, using WebMD for information gathering, for looking into symptoms to see what MIGHT be the problem, to educate oneself on general health and understanding of the human body. Absolutely unsurpassed in my book!!!

I especially enjoy the e-mail quizzes and the advice on improving overall health.

I also like that I can go to my doctor, fully informed on what might be the problem; find out what's actually wrong, and then go check on WebMd for options on treatment. The site often has some that even my physician doesn't know about - and many that are holistic and/or non-invasive.

This is a GREAT site that can help everyone be healthier.

karlottem
3/16/17

When I have problems with my health or I feel bad I always search for the information about my disease here. This is an excellent portal, where I always can find the trustworthy information about one or another illness or drug!

brennan23
2/13/17

A very helpful site, my only complaint is that they give too much information.

Go looking for the symptoms of an upset stomach and go away feeling as though you have something seriously wrong with you.

sharisep
1/5/17

Well informed when I read their articles. Engaging reading and well researched

hoper11
11/6/16

Useful site for quick reference of health issues.

joycec35
8/29/16

This is the best site for medical information. I go to WebMD before I begin any search. You will usually find all of the information you need and not need to do anymore searching.

daphneyp
6/12/16

Very informative . I can always find information regarding any health issues. Great site

laurat61
4/6/16

so much fake stuff out there, these guys have vetted a lot of info.

suzie73
4/5/16

Provide us very fine information.

maggiej9
3/25/16

i love this site and is very good

markw162
2/9/16

This site was very informative with great suggestions of what to do and what not to do in relation to keeping yourself and your body healthy.

briannew1
12/28/15

Great information when it comes to medical field. I usually visit the site for school projects. Great service too

debbief25
11/30/15

I have used WebMD every time I had symptoms and wanted to know what it might be and how serious it might be. They are knowledgeable and exact in the symptoms department. I would highly recommend them as a first source.

lorih39
10/13/15

I use WebMD for a quick rundown on any health problems.

marcianov
10/11/15

tienen un selecto comercio de calidad y seriedad en los productos de medicamentos y atención medica para los clientes, y eso se puede mejorar, una poco mas al cliente, y eso no solo depende de la empresa también depende de los clientes que no exigen la calidad y atención de la empresa o empresas, que están para servir a los pacientes...

sandraw34
9/7/15

just type your question and an answer normally appears, good for unravelling those blood test reports

rainr1
8/26/15

good website, but better off visiting a real doctor anyway. You can research all you want but nobody except a real doctor in front of you is going to help you most

caroll40
7/27/15

Been to WEB MD many times with questions about my own body and those of loved ones. Always had easy to understand information. Many doctors (live-not online) try to discourage their patients from seeking info online, but I have found that WEB MD's info isn't worst-case-scenario-first info, but level-headed facts or opinions. Of course, depending upon what info you put in their search engine, the results could differ. I consider it to be top-of-the-line in medical information provided online.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Blanche, there is some good information about scoliosis on this website: http://www.medicinenet.com/scoliosis/article.htm Of course there are other sites but, this will give you answers to the questions you asked and, have good luck in your searching.

By Michael T.

Questions? Get answers from the WebMD staff and other customers.

1 Photo for WebMD