Review of WebMD

2018 Customer choice award

38 reviews with 1 star

alexg355
5/21/19

I regret believing this site. The first time I reached this site is through Google. It looks reputable and I believe everything they write especially about Liver Cirrhosis. They claim that it's irreversible and suggest common treatment. But there is a cure. A proven cure that the disease can be cured and reversible. But again they belittle the cure in their article. Come on people. Don't trust WebMD. They are sponsored by big pharmacies, and certain doctors that will only treat you or make you sicker and make money. There's alternative to all your disease. Right diet and the use of herbs. Old generations can live up to 100 happily because of the righ lifestyle, diet and herbs. It's FREE.

marym1315
5/3/19

Dr. Dung Nguyen is a plastic surgeon at Stanford. I was a breast cancer patient there. She failed to place a right side breast implant for symmetry on two separate occasions. There was no valid reason for this. She also used a textured gummy bear implant on my left reconstructed side without telling me about the serious risk of BIA-ALCL. Other options were never discussed either. I now will need to go through a fourth corrective surgery elsewhere. I expected high quality care and honest communication from this plastic surgeon. This experience has been very upsetting and I do not recommend her.

regenab1
4/17/19

I have been a patient of Dr James Mark Anderson of the Health Care Associates of Irving, Texas for good 30 years. Last few years they must have too many patients and not enough trained staff. Last year went in for yearly physical and I was not told that my EKG test was negative. I was told that it had been 6 years since my last stress test and that it is time to have another one. I decided not to have the test. If I had known that my EKG was negative, I would of had stress test. The only way I knew about the EKG results was several months later I just happened to look at my health care portal and saw the results. Just recent I had lumps in one of my breast so they sent me to have breast abreast ultra sound and the Dr. that did the ultra sound said I needed to follow up with a breast MRI. It took the Dr. office about 6 weeks to get correct form and insurance authorization form sent in so I could have my MRI. Well as of today they called me and said form was corrected and sent in but still waiting on insurance to send them authorization number. I went ahead and made appointment for two weeks out for MRI. Maybe they will have everything done by then. They don't seem to care about patient health. Hope I don't have breast cancer. because of the time I have had to wait on Dr. staff I sure the cancer would have advanced from the waiting time. Will send another review on results.

Tip for consumers: if you care about your health STAY AWAY find another Doctor

karend412
4/12/19

My review is on the office assistant for Dr. Price, Caroline. She is unhelpful, no follow-up on her part. My husband who has MS and requires medications for the rest of his life to be renewed annually in April. He sees Dr. Price at the very least every January/February for his annual visit. It takes a good month (30+ days) for a new prescription to be faxed to the Specially Pharmacist, then to be clarified, then other reasons it may not be accepted. Call Caroline, she promises to send a message to the Dr. Does not follow up with patient regarding any updates. Is unwilling to call the Pharmacist herself to see what they need.
We have been with the Hartford Neurology practice for 15 years and have dealt with different Dr. Assistants over the years but Caroline is the absolute most inexperienced thus far. I can't imagine if we needed anything more from Dr. Price's office other than an annual visit and a prescription refill.

jaredt31
3/23/19

Im in back pain for over 2 weeks now and they wouldnt give me pain meds?! They said if gets worse go to the ER.. uhh well YA! Obviously.. plus i was 7 minutes late and they wont give me a blood test. Did i mention i was fasting all day.

lindar537
2/4/19

Dr Celeste Atkinson from Dignity Health group has cancelled my appt three months in a row!, I have now waited over 90 days to see her!, Can't get med refills or anything due to her "not making it into the office"! I would not recommend her and even plan to find a doctor outside of Dignity Heath system. This is so unprofessional and not acceptable!!!

ronm23
1/29/19

WebMD posted an article on Vegetables to eat if you are watching carbs. They mention sweet potatoes, corn, and 7 others that are much much too high having carbs exchanges greater or equal to 30 grams or more. that amount, itself is too high unless no other carbs are eaten. I will nevertrust WebMD again.

ja205
1/13/19

Reviews are not verified. Professional reviews are not reliable and are completely fabricated. Web md is a trashy site with no reliable or valuable information.

angelal207
10/23/18

I have been trying for MONTHS to get them to update three of our surgeons' phone numbers and nothing has worked! You cannot get through to them on the phone and after leaving multiple messages, I have give up. Emails also have not worked. I feel bad for patients who use this site as they are given the incorrect phone number for these physicians and end up getting passed around until they get to the correct area!

brydib
10/22/18

Drs. And offices that I have searched are permanently closed. 3 different doctors on 3 different occasions

leop65
8/12/18

Great information BUT the website is soooo slow it's impossible to get the great information they have there.

troys106
7/26/18

I made an appointment to see a local dr ONLY because WebMD said that this Dr treats bipolar disorder, depressive disorders and Lyme disease. I get to the appointment and the Dr said that there's nothing to be done about the Lyme symptoms I'm experiencing and he can't do anything about my bipolar or depression because he's not a psychiatrist. Then I go back to the WebMD website and now the Lyme disease that was once listed that he treats isn't even in the list anymore. This Dr appointment was a complete waste of my time seeing that everything that was listed he treats is a complete lie. Thanks for NOTHING WebMD!

danap79
6/5/18

You are often snot tomb Web MD when surching for anything medical. Once there it is impossible to get any information because ads are continuously popping up and sending you to other sites. I close out when I see Web MD.

camip1
4/18/18

They will not stop sending emails. 3-5 a day now......I have unsubscribed over and over again. I contacted their customer service....left messages....nothing. My local news station said to call the local news station of where their corporate office in NY is located and blow the mole hole into a huge mountain or try and/or try and find out just how many people they do this to daily that have requested unsubscribe and was utterly ignored..........DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THEIR EMAILS!! It's 3-5 a day.......everyday......I am in the process of continuing to do research of what to do

kb187
3/27/18

They tried to pass themselves off as my insurance company. I've reported them to my insurance company, and will be reporting them to the FTC and BBB shortly.

hassellk
3/20/18

Webmd is a very biased company, they are basically (seem as if) part of the advertising branch of drug companies, and have a reputation for being that biased. Almost all of there articles are pushing artificial medicine as being safe and "regular" even though there are many other forms. I read a article aimed at teenagers and it was very biased concerning some emotional topics and actually sped out false information. They seem to embody something of a very unapproachable and non-understanding type.
They will unlikely approach topics with a clear view. All they say should not be understood to any extent as facts. I have left the reviewing of this company for as it is, any good review I discuss about this company would only appear after a massive turnover of the company.

alia292
3/9/18

I warn reviewers when they review physicians ratings on WebMD. WebMD when reached can not even verify its own database.

ginnyk4
3/2/18

They present information in the terrible way. It's like you are watching advertising. Is this advertising portal or health related?

scooterm1
2/14/18

I was under the impression that WebMd would have all local doctors listed. Well, I work at an MD office and we have filled out the WebMd form, called WebMd several times, written them via snail mail...and have gotten a complete run-around. The folks that show up on their website all PAY to be there. It's not neutral, it's paid advertising. Very disturbing that so many of us trusted WebMd only to find out it's a paid, advertising scam.

karleec
2/13/18

I have mutiple times unsubscribed and emailed to have them do it and to remove my information as i never subscibed in the first place and think its a stupid site. I have gotten many replies over the last year saying its done and to give it 24hrs for all my information to be removed, but they never stop sending me spam, i get so many emails a day and its ridiculous, they have obtained my infortmation and i dont know how, and now they wont remove it when their privacy statement/terms and conditions says we have the right to have the information removed
DO NOT SIGN UP!!! You wont be able to unsubscribe

sandrac158
1/17/18

I am a healthcare provider and have had false reviews posted on the internet. I contacted WebMD five times via their web site contact page, mailed them a letter, called them twice (no ability to speak to a live person or leave a message), and filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. WebMD did not respond to two inquiries from the BBB. I have now filed a complaint with two accrediting agencies for WebMD and am awaiting a response.

chloes33
1/10/18

I then went into the doctor and turns out I'm constipated. Well, cancer and too much cheese are about the same anyway.

johnm1215
11/8/17

Last year during the best summer Ireland has ever had, i started to experience headaches. Long story short i looked it up on webmd (bull$#*!) and it told me i had a brain tumour. It cause me to be terrified about this non existent tumour all summer even when i went away to spain. It made me so upset and wasted my summer. What a crappy unreliable website. Its bull$#*! dont depend on it! Turns out the headaches was a symptom of my depression i was diagnosed with

susanm362
11/7/17

Never update reviews, no response when contacted. Physician ratings unreliable as no current reviews AVOID THIS SITE

sherryc50
3/13/17

It is has been a while since I turned to WebMD for information about specific drug precautions, side effects and interactive effects. Wow, what a change a few years and millions of dollars in sponsored ads from the medical and pharmaceutical industry make!

Generalized information, legalese risk management language that merely sends knowledge seekers back to an MD or pharmacist for information, and disclaimers. "Tell your doctor if you have a history of kidney disease" was informative, but showed up on one page re interactive effects, not a word about kidney issues on precautions or side effects! No science, no links to abstracts, research, NOTHING. A bunch of tabs, the most useful of which were the customer reviews. Only THERE might a consumer get a a clue that there are many side effects. Reading the dumbed down, "keep your advertisers" happy content, one is left to believe a side effect is an extremely rare occurrence. Another great mission sold out. Very sad.

Blanche, there is some good information about scoliosis on this website: http://www.medicinenet.com/scoliosis/article.htm Of course there are other sites but, this will give you answers to the questions you asked and, have good luck in your searching.

By Michael T.

Questions? Get answers from the WebMD staff and other customers.

1 Photo for WebMD