Review of Vwho.net

Vwho.net reviews

SITE CLOSED

michaell
3/27/11

Neat new site that allows users to search for videos of any television show on the internet and plays them back (but in no particular order). The interface is minimalist and mimics that of an old-school television set. This may be insufficient for those looking for a particular video or used to more controls during video playback. But if you don't mind not knowing what you're watching, how long the clip is, and what's coming next, you may find the simplicity refreshing.

The main problem is that the site runs really slow, presumably because it is pulling the videos from computers all over the world. Hopefully over time the search, loading, and playback will improve so the site can attract a more widespread following.

tn1
1,628 helpful votes
3/27/11

The idea is simple enough, type in a subject, movie or show and wait for the website to find content for you - in real time. The fuzzy screen makes the site feel kind of fun, like you're back to having a television with dials again (I quite enjoyed those days!), but the Skip button worried me as I felt like I was on a site like Chatroulette or Omegle.

I searched for "cat" and got a show about cats. I searched for "Top Chef" and got the most recent episode, that I actually can't find anywhere else (I'll admit I don't look hard enough). I searched for a couple of my favorite films (Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - it started from the top; The Thin Red Line - it started in the middle; The Royal Tenenbaums - it started from the top). So overall, I was impressed by what looks like a 1-man project. The image is fuzzy and the streaming slooooow, but I appreciate the concept.

Questions? Get answers from the Vwho.net staff and other customers.

Vwho.net?