web site business
- acts as middleman between buyer and seller of cars
I saw an ad for a car on autotrader.ca
Contacted the buyer vial email and negotiated a price.
Seller mentioned they were out of country but a logistical company (Vonatis- International Ltd) would act as the middle man. Buyer would sign a contract and send the money. Once the money is received by Vonatis, they would ship the car to the buyer and seller would get the money.
Company contacted me with references and their website url.
They sent me references with url such as ones below
Started to look at the email sent and web site of Vonatis - RED FLAGS appeared
- Searching for Vonatis International Ltd brought less than 6 links for such a supposedly large company with many branches and employees worldwide. All of the searches brings up news releases from insignificant publications. Should have expected a lot more from different sources
- Looking at the links to offices with google map brings up either places with no street view or unexpected places. Street view of Office in Sydney NS shows a boarded up neighborhood. Head office looks like a downtown mall
- Head office address Kaivokatu 6. 00100 Helsinki, Finland actually belongs to a bank called Danske Bank.
- So called independent references brings you to a site that is obviously fraudulent. Example http://joc-com.pressakts.com/warehousingdistribution/VONATIS-International-Ltd-opens-dutch-logistics-center.html
The real site is joc-com but in the url it is appended to .pressakts.com and all the links on the page point to http://www.joc.com/
It is trying to pass itself off as www.joc.com/ but the domain name is actually joc-com.pressakts.com.
-All the reference sites that had the news releases have the files created on the 3rd september-2014 which is suspicious.
-Web Site is amateurish for a large corporation and some links are broken.
-Sites that check the url deems the site as fraudulent.
-The Vonatis web site is hosted in Russia which is known for hosting fraudulent sites. The company itself claims to be headquartered in Finland.
- Site is registered to Navilive Private Limited and not Vonatis
-Site was registred at the same time car was placed in an add on www.autotrader.ca
- On autotrader.ca seller could only be reached via email
- The Vonatis staff photos can be found in other web sites with different names
Same bunch of low lives also operate following sites:
Search for reviews of these sites and people have mentioned they paid for items but did not receive them.
Avoid at all cost
Customer Questions & Answers
Did You Find This Page Useful?
Business owners: What’s your side of the story?
Manage your business