Review of VolunteerMatch

San Francisco, CA 94111, US
Tel: +1-415-241-6869

kdc3
1/18/19

They require you to login and give them quite a bit of your personal information to look at volunteer opportunities. Really !!!

Some of the non profits looking for volunteers have Executive Directors making $200K off the backs of volunteers.

raneea
Ranee A.
1/3/19

I tried volunteer match to get out into the world but it was not the most pleasant experience. I applied for several local experiences. I would go into the business for an interview only to find out they were never forwarded the interview. Then I was treated like a tresspasser.

I tried a few volunteer positions. They said this was what they were looking for only to be crammed into another position all together. Most of the business watched me like a hawk (i.e. trespasser) to make sure I was doing what I said I was doing. This got old after a while.

One organization didn't work well because you had to go on site go past three heavy locked doors of security, ask the on duty attendant to use their key to open a dusty dilapidated cabinet so you could write your volunteer hours in. This I never new I had to do so I ended up getting fired from this position. I knew I got close to the recommended hours but when they audited the book they changed hands and no one thought twice to think my hours were off.

All I know is Volunteer Match taught me never to volunteer again. You're not supporting God's kingdom and you're supporting the wrong right. Stop wasting your time here.

verac21
3/19/18

I went to VolunteerMatch.org to volunteer tutoring for homeless children. I was asked to provide my personal info with a premise I will be provided info as to where to go etc. Instead, after I provided my personal info, which a do very rarely, I was displayed an input box to type in a message (!!!) to VolunteerMatch. Frankly, that feels either like a scam or a very purely run organization. Shame on them.

michellep18
10/19/13

Won't let you register without Facebook account.

kathleenb5
7/18/13

As an organization, I have been posting our volunteer needs on VolunteerMatch.com for some five plus years. The volunteers we get are amazing, we are blessed thanks to VolunteerMatch.com. The one thing I have learned since being in the nonprofit business is you cannot be all things to all people! There are a lot of people out there trying to make money off of the nonprofit organizations and VolunteerMatch.com is not one of them. In addition, every concern I have ever submitted to the organization has been responded to the same day and to my satisfaction! I consider them to be a great asset to the nonprofit world!

nataliek1
2/14/11

My review was negative and was flagged by the ornanization. It was looked at and found acceptable, so it was left up. The ornanization then appealed claiming that I was "airing personal grievances." My review and those of five other people were removed without any notice or explanation. I contacted the site and explained that while I did have negative personal feelings towards certain people in the organization, my review was about the work of the organization and how well it fulfilled (or didn't) its stated mission and not to get personal. I did not get any substantive response. It seems that once these review sites cave to the pressure to have negative reviews removed, they don't feel the need to explain, work out a compromise, or even be basically courteous.

Questions? Get answers from the VolunteerMatch staff and other customers.

VolunteerMatch?