USBirthCertificate reviews

info@usbirthcertificate.com

103 reviews with 1 star

damianp9
3/26/18
• Updated review

4 years later....no refund. No response. No passport. Got the passport through the normal channels. Came back to update because I got an email that reminded me about this situation.

“Total rip-off”
7/15/14
• Previous review

Total rip-off. I payed for "express delivery" because I was going on a cruise. Paid on a Monday got a receipt from Vital Check a week and two days later that it had been ordered.......Did not to go on cruise. Still have not received it.

codyn17
2/22/18

It just uses Vitalchek and charges you for both so they can keep money in their pocket.

Do not use

hollib5
1/17/18

You pay all this money to receive your certificate and it then months later you receive a bill from the State where your trying to get it from. Two bills!

debr1323
1/17/18

I expedited to have Birth Certificate sent. Paid $84 and then they added another $40 and I still have no Birth Certificate! They will give every excuse-but you still will have no document that you paid for.

danyellj
12/22/17

My boyfriend ordered his birth certificate thru us birth in July 2017. Its Dec he still doesn't have it. He called to see what was up. He couldn't reach anyone. No email. No communication. I also needed my bc, but I ordered mine through vital check. Mine came within 3 months that was due to the state being behind, however they were reachable and were great at emailing me with information throughout my wait. Use VitalCheck

monicad45
11/9/17

I ordered my expedited birth certificate back in in Aug. I kind of forgot about it until browsing my emails. I reached out to call today and there phones are disconnected. I'm still waiting and not birth certificate. What is going on here? Is this a scam. I received this email a while back and did what it requested - still no BC I apologize about the misunderstanding; your order is still incomplete. As stated on our website, California requires for you to have a form notarized as proof of your identity. The form was e-mailed to you on September 20th but has not been returned. Ive attached it to this e-mail for your convenience. You must print it, have it notarized and then scan and email it to candacek@usbirthcertificate.com or fax it to 713-785-8566 and NOT the number on the form so that we can verify that the form is legible.

Important instructions:
· Please find a notary who uses a black ink stamp only. This will insure a more timely process.
· Be sure that the notary seal is stamped in the blank area and is clearly legible.
· The notary seal cannot overlap any type of lettering on the form.

Usbirthcertificate.com

I'm fed up with these companies scamming people. WTF -- I want what I paid for!

feliciam28
10/30/17

I ordered my son's birth certificate back in August of 2017 and here it is the last day of October and I still have not received his birth certificate this is beyond frustrating to me because we are trying to get my son put on our health insurance and we can't do that without his birth certificate that I have already paid for and still haven't received

brittanyr44
10/25/17

I ordered the expedited birth certificate plus paid for overnight shipping. My order says 1-3 day processing plus 1day shipping. Here I am over a week later with no birth certificate. It is absolutely impossible to get any customer service to respond. I have messaged their chat option, emailed, and called the number listed on their site numerous times. Now I am out money that I spent on a cruise that we will not be able to go on.

jp261
10/19/17

I've called over 20x to check the status and have yet to receive an answer. I placed my order on Aug 3rd and today is 10/19. This is a scam and these services should be shut down.

ludwigb27
10/17/17

Ordered in July, paid $49 and no certificate. No answer with phones, fax, etc. What can I do.. I need for Social Security and I get no response..

cydw
10/16/17

I ordered my birth certificate 8/16. I am now on 10/16. No certificate, no ability to call them, they do not answer. I've going to dispute the charges. Absurd. DO NOT USE THEM.

sharonj1
9/29/17

I sure wish I had read all the reviews BEFORE I placed my order on 8-15-17. I still haven't received it on 9-29-17.
I have tried numerous times to reach their "customer service" and they just plain don't answer the phone.
I placed an order with VITAL RECORDS on 9-26-17 and I received it today 9-29-17.
AND it was half the price. Don't waste your time and money with this company, they are the worst!!
I have disputed the $49.00 charge with my credit card company - I am not paying for it even if I ever get it.

barbarap118
9/8/17

been waiting over a month to have my granddaughter's birth certificate mail to her in Hawaii so she can get an airline ticket for her and her new baby and paid $170.00.
NO ONE will answer any number listed . I have called over 10 times at different times and dates.
Are they under water. No service but they sure can take your visa money!!!!
we can't even book the airline ticket . I am going to fax them a complaint and see if I can get a refund or someone to respond.

wandas31
9/8/17

This company took money out of my account and I have not heard from them since. I am very frustrated. No recourse! They got me for $49.00.

aracelik1
9/1/17

They order through vitalcheck and charge you an extra 49.00. Just order your birth certificate through VITALCHECK.COM

eazij
8/30/17

I have 2 jobs waiting for my birth certificate, i ordered it from this company a week ago, i haven't recieved a tracking number or anything and when i call ups/fedx they say theres no tracking # or my name can't be found in there system.i tried callimg the company and never get a reply, ready to set a lawsuit soon.

anthonyr124
8/23/17

I paid the company $40 only to have them send my information to vitalchek, which made me resubmit the application. I was told it would take 5 business days max to process it, but after 3 weeks I hadn't heard from them. I called during normal business hours but nobody answered the phone. I tried again over a dozen times over three days before someone picked up. They then told me there was an error and I had to resubmit something. Nice of them to notify me, right?

Don't waste your time or money, just apply direcrly through vitalchek

cynthiag55
8/9/17

I had to Drive to Austin because this company did not have the common courtesy to email me or call me and tell me there servers were down. I did not call the company for 5 days after the order because they send an email to u after u order that says don't call --it will slow down the process! If someone is requesting an emergency birth certificate they don't have 5 days to waste! I was told by the Houston office that they could not contact me because they didn't have access to the servers but they knew there was a problem. I received an email from the company the following morning after my order - the one that said our office is working on my order (and don't contact us). They managed to send me that first email - why not a follow up?

stevel156
8/9/17

I wish I would have read the reviews prior to using this service.
The "Express Service" is not Express by any stretch. My order sat in their queue for 2 full weeks before they processed it. They then send it to Vital Chek where it sat another week. I am now told that it will take 7-10 more business days for Vital Chek to process it.
I called US Birth Certificate to discuss this and they were not sympathetic or apologetic that their processing times were not clear. Their processing times are in addition to whatever the state time are plus the time it takes to work through Vital Chek's queue.
Save yourself time, frustration and the $49 processing fee and go directly to VitalChek.com.

gl2899
8/2/17

These people are rip off artists. They are a third party company that uses Vital Check to get the record that you order. They said that it would be $74 for the express (3 to 4 days), well it's been 8 days and I still don't have my daughter's birth certificate. Then today on the 8th day, I get a charge to my account from Vital Check for $48.50. They also won't answer the phone!!! The few good reviews this company has are dated from several years ago!! I would have done better to send in the application to get it. I have filed a claim to the BBB about this company. Hopefully I can get my money back.

Tip for consumers: A tip about using this site. Don't. Go to Vital Check to get your record. That is what they do anyway and charge you for it plus their fee.

sandyg57
7/14/17

Waited 9 days to reply and say they were unable to help me! Almost caused me to miss my cruise! I'd use another means

staceyc46
7/11/17

They charged $49 initially and then another $25 for the birth certificate. They say it's 5-10 days and $24.95. They immediately sent an email telling us not to call before the average processing time is up. They were very rude and said all sales are final.

venush7
7/11/17

this is the worst company i have ever dealt with in my 35 years of customer service..... roxanne and candice are so called managers oh boy know wonder.i ordered my sons cert on june 20 got email on 23rd saying i need to sign something well never came kept calling finally got someone after 2 weeks of calling the little managers were so $#*!y and rude and told me i ordered it regular which means we aren't even going to look at it for a month then maybe we can do something then said ill make sure you never get it at all. the other manager roxNNE YELLED AT ME and told me to be quiet its my turn to talk?? um what? i wish i would of read this first but i will not stop until i get justice and they said it will take 15-20 business days for my refund that they took in 3 secs from me. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE

kimberlyn29
7/7/17

I wish I had read these reviews before ordering through these people. I ordered the birth certificate June 19 receiving confirmation on June 23. Beware, you will be charged $49 and at least another $30 for the birth certificate. I received another email that the order had been processed. What was supposed to be about a week is now on day 18. I called to check the status. I was not rude; did not yell, threaten or cuss. I did state I was disappointed in how long it was taking and asked when it was going to get here, and mid conversation she hung up on me. There is no such thing as customer service anymore! Companies are out to just take your money and they may or may not deliver the service or product.

eval56
6/28/17

I have not had a good experience with US Birth Certificate! I sent my order in online! They immediately took my $49! Every day they sent me an email of some kind of I'd they needed! I sent them every bit of info they wanted! Finally they told me it was processing ! It is now 5 months later I still don't have a birth certificate! Tell me what the problem is with this!

Eva Lane. Evavlane5382@gmail.com.

If you have a debit card in your name that matches your adress you can order one. Or you can have an immediate relative parent, grandparent order one.

By Danyell J.

status of birth certificate case #365665?

By SARA S.

Don't order from US birth my boyfriend and I both needed ours he ordered his from us birthcertificate back in july 2017. I ordered mine from vital check sept 2017. Mine came his didn't. Granted I had to wait for 3 months due to the state being behind, however they emailed me several times letting me know what was going on and when it will be shipped. Soon after the last email mines arrived 3 days later. FYI. I only paid $30 to have it delivered via regular mail nothing more.

By Danyell J.

Helpful answer -1

I went through Vitalchek. Which was fine. Then I saw a charge for 74.00 from USBIRTHCERTIFICATECOM! I called Vitalchek. They told me usbirthcertificatecom is a scam. So I looked up the phone number. Rude person told me I filled out the form on their site. (BS) I found out they are a third party. Not listed with the BBB either! I am furious.

By Lori S.
Questions? Get answers from the USBirthCertificate staff and other customers.

USBirthCertificate?