Review of Us.acer

Us.acer reviews

New Taipei City 221, Taiwan

kevinm92
12/20/15

Last December, I bought an ACER Aspire V laptop. I read all of the reviews and thought it was a good buy for the money. When I get it wrong, I really get it wrong.

This laptop was glitchy from the moment I fired it up. I quickly realized that I had a lemon. I contacted ACER's support team. They were not very interested and did little to help me get it running right. They said they would not replace the machine, but would allow me to ship it back to them for repairs. This was a major pain for me, since it meant that I had to use my old machine for more than a month (it was on its last legs). This was a major disruption to my business.

I provided ACER with a detailed list of everything that was wrong. When I got it back, I discovered very few of the glitches were fixed and it was now presenting with new problems. The folks at ACER indicated this was not much of a concern for them. They suggested I could send it back again. Since my old computer was pretty much toast, this was not a good option.

The final concern came when they recently wanted me to extend my warranty. Since the first warranty proved to be useless, I felt like this was rubbing salt in the wound.

The costs of shipping, repairs, and time spent on the phone with me probably cost them much more than it would to simply treat their customers right in the first place and to build quality products. Add into this the loss of potential future sales and the management of this company begins to look like they should take some beginner classes in modern business practices.

I would stay away from this company and its products until they make a serious commitment to improving quality and treating their customers right.

jamieg10
2/9/13

I hate that you people charge for telephone help and will not let anyone email support after their warranties have expired. I contacted them while my warranty was active, I told them my problem and they said I could pay a butt load of money to mail it to them so they could look at it. I waited and waited and no one ever got back to me. Now obviously my warranty is expired, and my piece of garbage Acer product is even less functional than before and when I need help, I have to pay A DOLLAR A MINUTE for a THIRD PARTY to assist me? Forget that. I can't even revert to factory setting because their product is so junky. I can't do anything because this junky CRAPTOP doesn't even have a CD drive. Junk junk junk. I hope they go out of business for selling junky products and being so underhanded, misleading, unhelpful, and uncaring to the people who pay hard earned money for their products.

Questions? Get answers from the Us.acer staff and other customers.

Us.acer?