Review of Uncommongoods

help@uncommongoods.com

12 reviews with 4 stars

lindao153
3/22/19

I wrote a negative review regarding the garden bottle kit I received from my daughter for Christmas. It didn't produce herbs as advertised. I thought sharing that info with others was the end of it but then I received an email from Uncommon Goods saying they were sorry for my bad experience and offering to send another kit or refund the money. I requested a refund and just received another email stating a credit would appear on my daughter's card in 3-5 days. To me that shows excellent customer service. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them in the future.

serenas30
11/14/18

Quite interesting gift ideas, can definitely find something out of the ordinary and if you're out of ideas this place is sure to provide some inspiration at least.

karenr227
4/7/18

Wonderful and unusual items at fair prices.
Even when I had a small problem the response was immediate and the problem taken care of.

patricko70
4/7/18

I love the selection of unique items. A little on the pricey side, but I love the uniqueness. Maybe a good sale here and there might help boost sales.

carolm273
3/5/18

The gifts were unique and enjoyed by those who received them.
I have an issue with one of the switch plates that doesn't work very well ... its off a bit.
Things can be a bit pricey but overall, I loved how different they were.
One more thing.... I received one box that was supposed to have all of the items in it and it did not. I called and naturally assumed I was going to get the run-around. I did not. I received the missing items a few days later. (I cried)

maryc400
2/28/18

Love the range in styles and prices. Can always find unique and unusual gifts. I enjoy shopping online with Uncommon Goods.

kirstini1
12/5/17

I ordered a large, expensive framed print and it came with a piece of debris caught between the glass and the matte. I felt I paid too much for it to let it go so I contacted customer service and sent pictures. They were very easy to work with and shipped a replacement. I returned the faulty one with a pre-paid label they mailed me and they refunded my initial shipping cost. I had no problems with them at all and they were very willing to make it right.

maryw322
11/26/17

In general I have always been happy with your products. The match strikers just didnt work which was frustrating because its such a good idea.

joanw60
11/26/17

Customer service and products are very good. I did have a problem with ordering online, but your customer service staff quickly resolved the problem. Also, the several products I had ordered arrived in just a few days.

christyj14
11/26/17

Ordering was easy, shipment arrived quicker than i had anticipated, are were well packed so no damage and a good place to find fun gifts. My order was simple as all the items were billed and shipped to my address. They speak of helping local artists but many of my items were made outside the Country, but were as pictured. Wouls use them again.

lr54
12/21/16

As many others have noted, I experienced problems with receiving an order in the timeframe stated on the website. My order was placed on Dec 12th and when choosing shipping options selected the option that said the order would ship by Dec 16th and arrive by Dec 21st.

On Dec 19th the item had no shipping information and was still listed as in progress so I contacted customer support via chat and was notified by support that it would arrive by the 23rd. Unfortunately, I would be out of town on that date, hence why I purposefully choose the shipping method (and paid extra for it) as it stated the item would arrive by the 21st. Upon discussion with Genesis, a very kind customer support staffer, she told me it would arrive by the 22nd. I notified her that due to travel plans I would need it by the 21st or I asked if it would be possible to delay shipping until the I would return so that it would not be potentially exposed to winter conditions.

Ultimately I was notified that I would either need to provide an alternative shipping address or have it held at the UPS hub. Neither of these options are suitable -- I do not want to transport this gift back from where I will be staying, my friends and neighbors are also planning on being out of town for the holidays, and visiting the UPS hub would require me to take time off work and is logistically challenging.

I subsequently asked for my order to be cancelled as I do not want to risk this item being ruined by exposure to weather. I can't stress enough how disappointed I am by this outcome, but there was no way I wanted the item sitting outside in the snow, rain, and wind for over a week. I have ordered and been given gifts from this company multiple times and have always been happy with the products and customer service.

This is incredibly frustrating as this could have been avoided with more accurate information on the website. I saw the statement at the top of the page stating that custom orders could take extra time, however, as the shipping info said it would arrive by the 21st, I assumed that would take into account the extra time needed for custom items. Had the arrival date not included a window with the latest date being Dec 21st, I would not have selected that option, and I would have ultimately waited to place my order until I knew it would arrive at a time I would be home.

Jan 10th 2016 Update

In response to Jen's comment, I contacted uncommongoods and was able to resolve my shipping issues. The order arrived on Jan 9th and looks great. I worked with Jen throughout the process to come up with a resolution. She was quick to respond and immediately helped to take care of a billing/credit issue that came up even after we had decided on a plan. I received a beautiful product so I'm glad we were able to make things work.

Tip for consumers: Shipping dates incredibly unreliable.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
We are so very sorry that we weren't able to get your order to you on the date we promised. We'd like to look into your order to see exactly where it all went wrong so we can prevent this from happening again. We would really appreciate it if you could email your name or order number to feedback@uncommongoods.com so we can start our investigation and see if there's anything else we can do for you.
tracye1
10/12/11

Uncommon goods has some really unique and interesting products: laser pointers, recycled items made into jewelry, pill cases, baby items, wallets & bags, decorations, games, crafts, plates & bowls, glasses, & lots more. This really is my 'go to' spot for the really-hard-to-buy for people in my life!

I think some of the prices are on the high side, but I love the sales!

Fun, quirky, unique! Very good customer service, too!

We'll email your tracking number on the day the order ships. If you need anything else, please contact our CS team at help@uncommongoods.com

By Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative

Questions? Get answers from the Uncommongoods staff and other customers.

Uncommongoods?