Review of Uncommongoods

help@uncommongoods.com

12 reviews with 2 stars

jillb188
12/18/18

My order was delivered (a gift) with other people's name on the invoice...and it was to be sent to another person. They wanted the gift recepient to take it to the p/o to return it. I don't even think it is what I ordered. What I chose was bright blue colors...she received gray. Customer service said we had to return it so they can figure out if we got the wrong item. I really don't care. Won't order from them again. What is uncommon is their poor customer service and care in sending items out. I will never order from them again.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
We're so very sorry this happened, Jill. Please send us a private message with your full name and/or order number so we can make sure that we've taken all of the proper steps to resolve this problem.
jamesh1174
12/6/18

$1.00 DONATION A SCAM, REJECTED DONATION & ORDER WAS ERASED, TRIED TO GO BACK ORDER AND COULD NOT GET OUT OF SCREEN. QUIT AND CAME BACK TO CATELOG. ITEM HAD BEEN ON SECOND PAGE, WENT THROUGH 9 PAGES AND COULD NOT REFIND ITEM. GOOD WAY TO DISCOURAGE A CUSTOMER, DISCOURAGED ME. SORRY TO MANY OTHER CATALOGES

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
Hi James! I'm sorry that our site acted so oddly for you. I assure you that the dollar we donate is not a scam; we've donated over $2 million. I'd be happy to check on your order for you. Please send us a private message with your full name and we'll look into this for you.
renees91
5/3/18

I spent a lot of money on Christmas gifts which said were in stock when I ordered them, but they were NOT in stock and wouldnt arrive until several weeks after Christmas. I had to make 2 or 3 calls to can el and refund my order. Plus things tend to be quite expensive and really tiny.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
Thanks for your feedback, Renee! We try really hard to be clear about which items are in stock and which ones are on backorder, but it seems that we missed the mark with your order. We'd love to look into this and see what happened. You can reach me directly at jen@uncommongoods.com.
kimt108
1/2/18

Spent quite a bit of money there for Christmas, but one item I could no longer click on. It became available again a few days later, but it was Christmas and New Years. I called to ask if they could still add it to my order so I wouldn't have to pay shipping charges AGAIN for an item I wanted but couldn't order and that shipping charges cost more than the item. They refused to make any exceptions. Will not buy from them again.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
Hi Kim! I'm really sorry that we couldn't ship your second order for free. I'd like to look into the specifics of this - would you mind sending me your name and original order number either via Site Jabber or to me directly at jen@uncommongoods.com?
suet43
2/26/17

I ordered an Adam Frank lumen candle. Pictures and the video were beautiful. In reality, the product threw much smaller shadows and the oil reservoir is not refillable. It says 17 hours of light, but I don't believe it was lit for more than 10 hours. Then you are forced to buy additional fuel cells. I'm going to try votive candles and see if that works.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
Hi Sue! I'm surprised that the oil didn't last as long as it should have and I'm so sorry about that. We'd like to send you another 2 canisters of oil and we'd love it if you would let us know how long each canister lasts. This will help us figure out what the best course of action is: speak with the artist, update our website, etc. Please email me directly so I can locate your order and get the replacement canisters out to you. jen@uncommongoods.com. Thanks for speaking up about this! -Jen
sarahb260
12/20/16

Terrible customer service. I order 2 things, one for a Christmas present and another item that was back-ordered until January, but I ordered it anyways for a January birthday present. I ordered the Christmas present with expedited shipping. Today I was supposed to get the shipment email for the item that was in stock, but instead the back-ordered item is being shipped. I started a chat with a Kelvin C. who was nothing but rude from the beginning. His first response to me was that the IN STOCK item would be delivered on the 27th, even though I ordered it 10 days before WITH EXPRESS SHIPPING. I told him how I ordered the express shipping because I was guaranteed a delivery date before the 24th. His response was that my item was arriving before Christmas. I corrected him by copying and pasting his very first comment and reminding him that the 27th is AFTER Christmas. He apologized (for probably thinking I was a space-case), but then only offered me a refund on my shipping. Unfortunately, that really does me no good as now I need to get a new Christmas present. It makes no sense to me that items in stock are being shipped out after back-ordered items. We'll see if they even get the refund right. The site has great stuff, but I don't plan to return or recommend to others.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
We're so sorry about all of this, Sarah! This never should have happened. I'd like to look into this for you and see if there's anything we can do to make this right. If you email feedback@uncommongoods.com with your name and/or order number we can get to work on this for you.
kristint14
12/16/16

I ordered a Christmas gift for my parents on 11/10/16. I figured this was plenty of time for the item to arrive and was told my delivery would be the beginning of December and I would receive shipping notification when it went out. I contacted the company numerous times to find out why I wasn't receiving shipping notifications. The information I got from Customer Service was different each time, however, each time, I was told it would arrive before Christmas. Until this week when I finally got a tracking number (not via email as promised) from the customer service rep who informed me that it would arrive in New Jersey on Dec 20 (I live in Toronto, Canada) and then it would be an additional 4-11 days after that. So now I am stuck without a Christmas gift, on Christmas, for my parents and the gift itself was not cheap. This business is unreliable and I can only conclude that customer service doesn't really know what is going on as I never received a consistent answer. Very disappointed.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
I'm so very sorry that your order was so delayed. I'd like to look into why this happened. Orders for items that are in-stock and shipping to Canada absolutely should have arrived in plenty of time for Christmas so I'd like to find out what caused the shipping delay. I'd really love to hear from you. If you email feedback@uncommongoods.com with your name and/or order number I'll start my investigation and I'll see what can be done.
angelam94
2/8/16

My daughter received a lip balm kit for her birthday. The instructions were missing from the kit. I spoke with customer service, they said they would email the instructions. 6 days later I check on the status of the email and it is supposedly "in cue" to be sent. An urgent request was being sent the customer service rep to have the email sent. 17 days after the "urgent" request was sent, I received the instructions via UPS. It sounds like customer service can talk all they want, but the company does not back them up.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
That sounds really frustrating. I'm sorry to hear about this. I've uploaded the instructions for you and you and your daughter can find them here: https://support.uncommongoods.com/entries/98784628-Lip-Balm-instructions
Thanks for letting us know about this problem!
nancyd62
1/2/16

Ordering a unique game seemed a good idea and I didn't check reviews ahead of time. Item arrived on time, packaged well. Item was rather crudely made for the price - not to my American old lady standards, but I remember a time when standards for most things were higher so I've made allowances. In addition to some shoddy woodworking, small pieces, described in instructions, were missing so I decided to send it back. Phone personnel didn't understand, couldn't understand and seemed disinterested, dragging the process out. I sent an email saying, "...Never mind; I'll just keep the item; I have little hope that the replacement will be any better." Got no answer to my email. Had to pay to have UPS pick up return (I'm disabled, live alone and don't drive so can't "drop it off at UPS".). So in the future I will do without "unique" items and stick with Amazon which works hard to satisfy this customer.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
We're sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered. We certainly don't want you to be stuck with a sub-par product and would like to help you return the game. I can verify that we have responded to all of our emails. Sometimes our responses get filtered out and sent to the SPAM folder without the customer realizing that we have replied. We'd love to help you with this return. Feel free to contact our Customer Service managers directly at csmanagers@uncommongoods.com or call us at 888-365-0056.
kristinn5
12/12/14

Uncommongoods has some great and unique gifts, but they have one huge problem: customer service. I had some questions about my order date and I called and emailed multiple times to get the information. I was told my order would arrive before Christmas, but later, in an email, I was told that my order would be later than Christmas. It seems like there is no commuication there, even though I provided my order number with every call and email. Several times when I called, the representative told me that they did not have the information I was looking for, but that they would have someone get back to me the next day. Not once did someone ever get back to me the next day and I always had to call again to follow up. The customer service aspect was very very frustrating.

So, go ahead and order if you don't have a time contraint and if you think you will have no questions about your order. But good luck if you have to deal with the hell of their customer service department!

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
Thanks for sharing your feedback, Kristin. I'm so sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been awesome. While difficult to hear, it's important to receive feedback such as yours so that we can continue to improve. If you still require resolution, feel free to contact me directly. I'll send you a private message with my contact information.
bt21
12/2/14

I liked what I saw on your site and was ready to share insight with a product I would like to put on the market, however this complaint I came across is very disturbing.

Uncommon Goods/uncommongoods.com
Posted: WillyWonka
UNCOMMON GOODS SUPPORTS THEFT FROM ARTISTS!
Complaint Rating:
Contact information:
Uncommon Goods/uncommongoods.com
United States
THIS COMPANY SELLS STOLEN ARTIST DESIGNS! Even after being notified, with documentation and websearch info ('kelly O'Neal + swindler' or 'design legacy + thieves'), this dishonest, unethical, greedy company still sells designs and merchandise stolen from Dallas-area artists! What's wrong with so-called 'businesspeople' these days that they think no one cares how evil and dishonest they are? PLEASE LET THIS COMPANY KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF CRIMINAL ENTERPRISES AND WEBSITES THAT SUPPORT THEM! Thank you for your help!

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
UncommonGoods supports independent artists who represent and validate that their work is original - we go out of our way to highlight their names and tell their stories, as you can see throughout our site.

To the best of our recollection, the “Willy Wonka” comment you are referring to was the result of an internal dispute more than 5 years ago between a design company we once worked with and one of their former business associates.

Here is a link to some of their online exchange:

ginaa3
10/2/14

Ok, my item is still on the way after almost a month waiting

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
Hi Gina! Sorry to hear that your order is taking such a long time. We'd like to look into this for you. Please contact us at help@uncommongoods.com or at 888-365-0056. We're looking forward to hearing from you!

We'll email your tracking number on the day the order ships. If you need anything else, please contact our CS team at help@uncommongoods.com

By Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative

Questions? Get answers from the Uncommongoods staff and other customers.

Uncommongoods?