Review of TSI Shipping

TSI Shipping reviews

Tel: 1-800-626-1257

amberd244
5/29/19

A vintage locker being sent to a refurbisher to sandblast and finish for my home was damaged due to pretty obvious gross negligence by the shipping company - they removed it off it's shipping pallet to stand up and broke/bent the legs. No one even notified me this was damaged or refused at delivery (the refurbisher that was going to refinish it refused it since it was damaged), I only found out when I emailed the refurbisher for a status update. The photos sent by Seller (showing all the legs fine and on pallet) and the Shipping Company's photo (provided by Edward with TSI) confirmed by refurbisher's statement that it was removed from pallet and needed to be held up by straps to side of the truck to stand because legs were bent and broken.

I have spoken to my lawyer, and even thought I did not purchase insurance, he feels our contract was breached when the locker was removed from its shipping pallet - entitling me to ignore the liability limitations set forth in the contract and pursue legal action and complaints to BBB + social networks. This is not a dented box during delivery as they intentionally removed it from it's shipping pallet to stand it up (to make more room in Truck, I expect), and that action is what created the locker to be damaged. And, while the items did not cost much, it is vintage and I did a lot of work to research items/refurbishers before and welders/refurbishers after the damage.

Another issue with them is they said the item weighed 110 pounds MORE then the seller stated it did (and he sold 37 of the same lockers. The shipping was not included in the purchase and did not affect the price, so I know the seller is telling me the truth. Because the company removed it off pallet to stand it instead of it being on its side as packaged and the legs broke, I am requesting they reimbursing the $641.39 was charged for shipping and the $250 I paid for the locker = $899.31 TOTAL. Renee G with TSI said they would reimburse the $250, but not the shipping even though their gross negligence in removing it off the shipping crate is what caused this item to be unusable. I have sent all photos and information to the company and to the BBB. I am giving them two stars because they at least were responsive when I complained and did offer to refund the locker price...but the shipping is way more and what caused this issue. They should own up to this and refund, as well as I think they overcharged for wrong weigh,

Tip for consumers: They wont refund shipping if they damage.

gabir2
Gabi R.
5/29/19

I have never left a bad review in my life, however, I must warn people against using TSI Shipping services.

Beware of their white glove service which they up-sell for an extra $500 promising a professional moving crew will wrap and prepare your furniture-type items for transport. This was not my experience. When the movers arrived, they claimed they were in too much of a rush to wrap my furniture items and promised they would handle preparing the furniture when they got back to the warehouse. This did not happen. My items arrived 3,000 miles away, unwrapped and damaged.

Every company has a bad day, so things happen, but despite my efforts to come to a reasonable solution, TSI has yet to remedy the situation. I am not asking for much - only a refund for the white glove service, which was not provided.

anonymousx420
anonymous X.
4/18/19

Absolute worst experience of my life. My daughter moved from California to Colorado. I was quoted 5 days. # weeks later she finally got her mattress and box spring. The communication was horrible. They said they would call me back ...never did. They finally stopped all communication.

anitam154
Anita M.
4/18/19

I was not pleased. Several problems. I told them the dimensions of the china cupboard, that it was heavy. The 2 men who came for pickup were both small, and seemed to struggle with navigating such a tall and heavy piece of furniture, they were surprised it didn't come apart into top and bottom pieces, which I had mentioned prior that it didn't. So I'm not sure they handled it carefully enough.

There was a small crack in one of the front window glass panes, not more than 4-6 in. long. They called me when the china cupboard arrived at the first warehouse just to be sure I was aware there was a crack in it, which I was, and the pick-up crew had taken photos of it. Then quite a few days later, maybe more than a week, I was called to say the whole pane had shattered. Not a big deal, it can be replaced, I hadn't taken insurance out on it, and they said they would send me a minimal compensation, which was fine. But I can't imagine how it would have shattered, making me think it wasn't handled properly.

It took weeks longer than anticipated to get it delivered, once it was picked up. No reason given for the delay.

Upon delivery 2 door handles had broken off and there was a crack in the wood at the back of the cupboard, which further makes me think it wasn't handled carefully enough. This china cupboard was moved from So. California to Salem Oregon previously without a problem, so not sure why a shorter trip between Salem Oregon and Port Angeles had so many problems.

aja90
AJ A.
4/15/19

I had to ship a couple pieces of furniture from one state to another while being across the country. TSI provided the solution and when I couldn't get confirmation from the recipient of the items arriving, TSI was able to provide me the name of the person who accepted the items. Later I was able to verify with the recipient that the items arrived safely. I'm glad I engaged TSI for transport and would do so again if needed.

easilyd
Easily D.
4/4/19

Great overall. Easy and efficient. My only thing would being able to select from a couple of potential pick up and drop off days and times.

anonymousz363
anonymous Z.
3/19/19

Large art piece arrived safely secured in a custom built frame! Great delivery guys too! Only (minor) complaint was that it was raining and the bubble wrap/protective plastic wrap did not cover the top of the piece. But, I was able to dry it off without any damage to the piece.

lauretteu
Laurette U.
3/14/19

Very unsatisfactory. I was told my vintage furniture would receive "White glove" treatment for packaging & handling. My furniture arrived in extremely damaged boxes and when the boxes were opened, the individual pieces were literally dumped in the boxes for transport. I registered my complaint and request for monetary compensation 2 weeks ago with Phil and have not heard a word since that time.

deannau1
Deanna U.
3/12/19

Very Nice Experience. They Are Very Professional. I Will Use Them Again For My Shipping In The Future.

ericu15
Eric U.
3/12/19

You guys were great in the beginning very attentive. Your pricing was wrong even though the information was given so it was sticker shock when the true price came in. You were very helpful in getting it organized and picked up. It was supposed to be delivered last week, Wednesday or Thursday, there was a weather delay which is understandable so it was supposed to be delivered yesterday. There has been no communication, contact, etc. I still don't have my shipment or know where it is so sending me a survey asking how my experience has been is a little premature and probably not the best timing for an accurate evaluation on my part.

juttav
Jutta V.
3/12/19

Kathy Temple was a wonderful and helpful person and responded immediately to any questions. I think she deserves a raise!!

anonymousr388
anonymous R.
3/11/19

I had a dining room table, pedestals & chairs picked up in Salt Lake City January 19th and did not see them until February 13th and they arrived without a call that day. I believe they had been on a field trip to California. Upon arrival, it was immediately noticed that one chair did not have its protective plastic wrap like the others and two black lacquer spindles were damaged. The driver initialed my note on the Metropolitan Warehouse delivery sheet. In the presence of the driver, pictures were taken to document the damage. The total shipment was insured through you. The chairs were insured for $50 each. When I got the contract out, I noticed that there was a $100 deductible so I gave up on that. In the presence of the driver, pictures were taken to document the damage. I wish it had been explained to me that insuring the chairs was useless. I still think you should be responsible to pay for the repairs since the chair was not protected by the time it arrived, and the lacquer was damaged on two spindles.

carolu4
Carol U.
3/10/19

I was extremely impressed especially since I was shipping fragile fine art. I will definitely use them again!

mimiv4
Mimi V.
3/10/19

Good communication and honest quote. The items were delivered and unpacked with no hassle or damage. Overall, a trustworthy and seamless process. Good company.

jmpou
JMPO U.
3/10/19

Unfortunately many of the furniture items arrived broken at the destination. It is taking a long time to go through the insurance claim process with TSI.

jayk121
Jay K.
3/10/19

This was my first time shipping a number of large items and it was easy, quick, efficient and very well transferred to an overseas shipping company. Customer service was excellent because I had a lot of questions. It was very smooth working with the staff.

pompanod1
Pompano D.
3/10/19

When shipping from Aliso Viejo, CA to Delray Beach, FL, my package was delayed in Pompano Beach for nearly a week, three times in a row.

helenq12
Helen Q.
3/10/19

My furniture was delivered without any scratches and in excellent condition. This company was a little expensive but I would use them again.

debrar144
Debra R.
3/10/19

The men who delivered our furniture were fantastic and took great care of our items. Everything was well wrapped and without damage.

consumerl2
Consumer L.
3/10/19

I have used your services three times now and highly recommend the company. We used the company to transport furniture from Ohio to NYC and Wash DC.

taraa49
Tara A.
3/10/19

It was difficult to get in touch with someone. I paid immediately upon receiving the invoice. Once I paid, the item was not shipped. Two weeks later the seller emailed me a reminder because he was being charged a storage fee. I called to clarify my payment was received. It was a long hold for them to find my paid invoice. I'm assuming the item has shipped now. I have not received tracking or an estimated delivery date. I probably would not use your services again.

marks959
Mark S.
3/10/19

Was extremely happy with all services that I recieved shipping my product my recipient was elated with the service and professional that he also received will use tsi without hesitation thank you p.s never recieved my 50 dollar amex card

nevera20
Never A.
3/10/19

It has been an absolute nightmare working with this company. We were looking to move a grandfather clock across country after a death in the family and based on initial response times and friendliness we decided to work with TSI. Our representative Kathy Temple pressured us into purchasing both the crating service and the insurance. While we were not fully in agreement, the piece was important to us and we figured it was better to be safe than sorry. Thank goodness we did get the insurance! After being told we absolutely 100% needed to crate the clock for safety, the team that picked up the clock DID NOT crate it but claimed it would be "fine" traveling over 200 miles to some shipping center to be crated there. I called Kathy to express my concern that after forcing us to get the clock crated, why in the world would they not crate it until halfway through its journey across the country?! She was very rude, made it apparent that she did not care anymore now that the sale had been made and told me this was their standard procedure. Ultimately did nothing to help and left me feeling like I was taken advantage of. I will never use this company because had my wife or I been told in advance that this was their "standard procedure" we would have used another company who would have taken better care of the clock.

When the clock arrived it was broken in MULTIPLE places. The clock face was destroyed, the glass shattered on the sides and I can only imagine how banged up it was on the inside. It looked as though it had been dropped or intentionally kicked in. The delivery team put it back on their truck to take to a warehouse to get "fixed". That is all I know at this point. TSI has not contacted me in regard to this issue or returned any phone calls. I have no idea where my precious clock is or what they are doing to it. This company is horrible.

christineh327
Christine H.
3/9/19

Overall experience with TSI was great. They kept us informed regularly...we had to change the delivery date several times, and TSI was very helpful & understanding...no pressure. The movers were very professional & did a great job setting up the piano.

anonymousg374
anonymous G.
3/8/19

Thank you! I was a little nervous having my mother's treasures to be transported from Atlanta to Delaware, but everything worked perfectly, from packing up to delivering within a two week span, I couldn't be happier!! Thank you!

Questions? Get answers from the TSI Shipping staff and other customers.

TSI Shipping?