Review of TravelSmith

service@travelsmith.com

9 reviews with 2 stars

jh570
4/19/19

Took about 10 days to get my order after placing it. Order says "FedEx" but it's really the U.S. Postal Services. Cost was $22 to ship stuff to me. Return to ship back to them is $7.50. Far far far too expensive to shop online. I am only keeping one thing out of an order of 6 items. Quality of a jacket is paperthin and see through. Cardigan is much too larger even in my original size. Tops were supposed to be "reversible" but they're really just pinned at the bustline so it gives the "illusion" it is a v-neck. Material was too clingy. Would not order from here again and I am afraid that pants I DID keep are going to be collecting things because they are very staticy. Forget it.

janw166
11/2/18

I really like the catalog items but won't order again because delivery is painfully slow. Their shipping costs are high enough to warrant better customer service.

karrieb1
5/11/18

I have a backpack on order. It was not shipped until 6 days after I placed the order, then allow 10 days for shipping. If you want something this year don't order from Travelsmith. Very disappointed!

danielb106
10/15/17

Before you get started be aware that regular shipping is apparently by horse drawn wagon, 10-12 business days! Translation 2-3 weeks!

nancyh70
10/3/15

I carefully read the return policy and it stated that 9.95 shipping would be deducted from my credit for the return. It was NOT stated that there is an *additional* charge of 6.95 to "handle the return".
This in the age of free shipping, free returns. Never again anything from Travelsmith.
Beware!

eda30
8/13/15

To be succinct, they need to revamp their shipping fees. With Amazon, Macy's, etc. allowing free or free with minimum purchase, Travelsmith makes more money on shipping than product mark ups. (Not quite, but a $40 item and shipping $8.00 is out of line)

zoec12
2/27/15

Went to order on-line and they had free shipping for orders of $50. I had $100 for two items. I wanted expedited shipping. First they charge $8.00 extra for EACH item. Then when I selected this method for both and went to check out the shipping was $27.95. I called customer service and they said when you select expedited shipping it adds onto the regular shipping, so there is not free shipping this way. Can they not see how stupid this is??
I did not order.

sandras62
2/2/15

The customer service on TravelSmith is insultingly poor. For example, the site advertised "Free shipping today" and then when I went to finish up an order found a $17. shipping charge. After "chatting" with customer service, I was told the promotion was no longer available. This was at 1:30pm. I cancelled my $200.+ order.

In general the clothes are rather tacky though there are some useful accessories. I won't be shopping there again and would not recommend the site.

mw111
12/16/14

I have used TS for years but their sizing is getting out of whack. Of the 6 items I purchased Dec 2014, all the same size, only two fit. two sweaters and two miller sweaters went back. The shirts, XL fit like a medium and had shirt tails that were barely belt level and skinny arms. Weird, the two Me rhino sweaters were Ben worse. All were Cinese made, but the 4were cheap Chinese clothing and not worth the postage.

There's a place run by those gals on "Orange is the new black" that might broker out a sale for you.

By Jayne D.

You can return at anytime. There is no time limit for returns or exchanges.

By Tami A., TravelSmith Representative

Helpful answer -2

I hope they notified you via email and you still have it. Have you tried calling them? If not do so and if person you get connected to won't help cause she can't have her connect you to a manager. Good luck Oh and your probly irritated but if you talk to then nicely rather than angry your apt to get results. Terri

By Terri S.
Questions? Get answers from the TravelSmith staff and other customers.

1 Photo for TravelSmith