TopCV UK

TopCV UK has a consumer rating of 4.41 stars from 391 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. TopCV UK also ranks 5th among Essay Writing sites.

• very quick turnaround every time I sent feedback and really happy with the end result.
  • Within 24 hours of uploading my CV I have received a couple of responses.

• I engaged CVnow after their free CV review service.
  • I signed up for the full service costing £219 to re write my CV, cover letter and Linkedin profile.
How would you rate TopCV UK?

“CV and cover letter”

Mihai B.
2/18/20

The received CV is written skilfully, presenting my potential and my achievements in the best way. I must admit that I wouldn't had been able to compose it by myself and to reach the form which was sent to me by the TopCV writer. But with the Cover Letter , I think it isn't quite what I was expecting and it is possible my fault for not explaining much clearer some things. So, I can honestly say that it's deserving 4 stars from 5, or mark 8 from 10 and definitely I recommend theirs services

“Write it yourself, no matter how desperate you...”

Mandi M.
9/17/19

I recently asked TopCV to rewrite my resume, not because I cannot, but because my career has taken various paths that do not come together well on paper. I needed the fresh eyes of someone who does not know me, to create a profile that makes sense and shows a path through 20 years' worth of career. I received back a CV very similar to the one I handed over to them originally (which was not the point!), except the new one had tonnes of flowery adjectives' all thrown together in sentences that didn't really say anything at all. I was an English teacher, so grammar, spelling and basic construction of sentences is important to me. Sentences such as Excel at resolving employer challenges with innovative solutions, systems, and process improvements to increase efficiency, customer satisfaction, and the bottom line,' does not really mean anything and was not what I was looking for! Perhaps they meant to say that I am particularly gifted at paying attention to budget constraints and efficient at finding solutions that are cost effective? Another good example would be: Provide support and assistance in hiring capable candidates and delivering training to new employees in order to enhance organisational skills and productivity.' I work with engineers; no amount of induction training would result in their suddenly acquiring organisational skills! But, by far the best was this little diamond; Headed the health & safety committee and developed policies and procedures to prevent possible injuries, illness, and contamination from improper hygiene', what on earth does Headed' mean? There were so many glaring errors and it was clear to me that sentences were simply cut and pasted and I do not believe that the person who wrote my CV ever read my original or paid attention to my comments and requests. I was very unhappy with my first draft and said as much, I started out marking it up with red and then decided there was more marking up than actual text, so I changed my CV to make it a little bit easier for them and re-submitted it, with point by point comments on every paragraph. I was most unimpressed to re-receive my first draft with no changes at all back again a week later! By now, I had been messed about for 2 weeks and some of the opportunities I was interested in, were expired. I did get in touch with TopCV and after a conversation where I laid out my irritations and asked for a refund, was told via email that I will only be refunded a small percentage of what I paid! I am beyond annoyed at this company, because anybody, no matter how intellectually challenged could take one look at the CV presented to me, twice, and know that there would be no way that I could present that CV to any prospective employer. Do not trust this company with your CV, you really would do a lot better to write out your own. Having looked on this site, I now see there are many others with exactly the same experience as myself. I am preparing the documentation to take this company to small claims court so that I get all my money refunded. It is the easiest court process, costs very little and will ensure they do not continue to get away with bad refund behaviour. At the end of the day they are stealing your hard earned money so please take action!

cv review (25) linkedin profile (10) end result (6) 24 hours (5) cover letter (24) 2 weeks (6) 48 hours (6) cv critique (7) executive package (5) katie warren (5) great service (8) cv review service (4)
danielh918
February 2nd, 2020
Verified purchase
I had my CV vetted by several executive search firms. I applied the changes and got a thumbs up.
However according to you, my CV is miserable. For the average job seeker you are aggressively appealing to their insecurity - to make money. Nothing negative about providing services and making money, but the approach counts. I do not understand, why a renowned service like experteer gives you a card Blanche to connect to customers.
And finally, adding re-captcha to this simple question is pretentious.
johno551
January 6th, 2020
Verified purchase
I have had interviews with my current cv which was checked and approved by Hays with some adjustments and suggestions by the National Careers Service, the jobcentre and others. TopCV found loads of things wrong with it, some of which I have applied. They emphasised that I had said what I had done but not what I had achieved but I don't see that I acually achieved anything in that sense. I just did my job as did the others there. TopCV offered to re-write my CV for a fee but I did not take them up on the offer.
markj221
July 19th, 2017
Anyone getting paid to write a CV would do so accordingly!!!
You feed them with your existing CV along with sample jobs adverts and you are assigned any writer (It could be a dustbin clearer) will compose a draft CV base on the their format for all their customers. In turn you will get opportunity to highlight the draft CV for further improvement. Overall, great service but poor quality of work!! if that makes sense :S Its been over 4 weeks not a single call from even an agent. Had better result from old CV which i created myself... Lesson Learnt with a debt £129
jennam34
Jenna M.
Hi Mark, We're sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your experience and would like to get this sorted out. If you could please send us a direct message on our Facebook page with your full name and email address, a customer support rep will get back to you right away.
joeg149
May 1st, 2017
AVOID.
The free review of my CV was good and got me in. I have to say that the format they used for the first page of my CV is good and is what recruiters are looking for but...after that all downhill
The QUALITY of the writing is TERRIBLE. I believe it was either written by a machine or someone who did not spend enough time to understand the CV I sent them. Completely mixed up roles, projects and achievements.
Finally, by the end of this, I got the impression they just did not care.
Each draft was LATE and took 3 weeks to complete the entire exercise.
Like at said at the beginning, avoid this outfit at all costs. I gave them two stars for the format which I have built on myself.

Hi Liz, We do offer LinkedIn services. We'll help you write a profile statement, as well as help you list out your experiences.

By Jenna M.
See more answers (2)

Hi Phoebe, Great question. In total the process typically takes one to two weeks to get your perfect CV. For more information on our services, please visit: https://www.topcv.co.uk/faq

By Jenna M.

Congratulations. Your cv is under review by Top.cv team. You'll will be contacted by gmail shortly in couple of days after thorough review. This review is FREE OF COST. However, if you seek help from professional cv writer to rectify the shortcomings of your cv, if any, then payment is the option. But, I assure you that this is going to be a THRILLING EXPERIENCE. Thanks

By Muhammad M.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the TopCV UK staff and other customers.

TopCV writes and analyzes more CVs and LinkedIn profiles than any other service through their network of experienced writers.

whitneye5
Jenna M.
Marketing / PR

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TopCV UK?

Have a question about TopCV UK?