Review of Top-Gear.co.nz

215 Rosedale Road
Auckland, Auckland 632, New Zealand

joeg346
12/22/18

I have previously ordered without incident from this store but I ordered a very nice Knife for over 200 dollars for my son just before Christmas.
I received a parcel undamaged in the post a few days later but without any knife inside. Just the pouch and box. I reported this to Top Gear and was informed that 3 members of their family checked the box before sending and basically calling me a thief. I have been left in no doubt that this company is a fraud and will probably be shortly out of business. Absolutely do not deal with them. They are theiving scamming liars. Look at their other feedback. Don't just take my word. I suspect half of the positive reviews are from themselves.

nathanj43
7/18/18

Fantastic. Received my order within 48 hours or paying. Got exactly what I ordered and couldn't be happier.

michael6451
6/24/17

Confirmed with them before I purchased that the item would be sent, transferred my money, then the order was cancelled and they have ignored my requests for a refund. They insisted on direct credit into their bank account, so there's no way to get my money back!!

toms291
2/1/17

They do not respond to emails, do not pick up their phone, do not communicate with their customer in any way after you pay them. Refunded my money after three days without explanation. Still list my ordered item as "in stock". Shop elsewhere.

michelleh80
10/18/15

Almost exactly like the last reviewer. Paid for an item but it has never arrived (it is 19 days now). No response to emails or to an inquiry through their website. Can't get them on the phone. Finally got an answer phone and have left a message stating that I will be going to the nz commerce commission and the Police. And I am a NZ citizen!!! They look ligit but I wouldn't trust them. Buyer beware. An update. I finally got a response after my threat of police and the commerce commision - Paypal has confirmed that I will received a refund. Will let you know if that doesn't happen.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site. They can't be trusted

cl5645
2/25/15

Do not order from Top Gear NZ Outdoor Gear unless you are a citizen of New Zealand. My experience with this company has been one of utter frustration and disappointment. I ordered and paid for three items and the goods never came. I emailed Top Gear multiple times and rang before I was told they couldn't supply the items and I would be given a refund. After more than a dozen emails and many more phone calls I still have no refund. The company will not respond to the emails or their webforms and also won't answer the phone. NZ Consumer Affairs can't assist because I am not an NZ citizen and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission can't help either because the company is not Australian. Avoid having your money taken and not getting any goods and stick to reputable companies that provide a level of protection such as Amazon or eBay.

Questions? Get answers from the Top-Gear.co.nz staff and other customers.

Top-Gear.co.nz?