Review of Tinder

2018 Customer choice award

25 reviews with 2 stars

bettyl64
5/10/18

Ladies, be careful , meet many scammers on site. Normally is the Nigerian targeting Asian ladies. They used other people photo to scam . Dont give your personal photo or information to them.

claytonr10
3/13/18

If you're like me and you have severe social anxiety, you've probably tried Tinder or some other online dating app.
Hey look, Tinder is good for hookup culture. If you wanna find a guy/girl to hookup with and then forget about, this is the app for you. BUT... if you're on Tinder looking for true love, or looking for that soulmate, I would highly recommend looking for that elsewhere. You're essentially... erm... looking for love in all the wrong places. It's amazing what you can find when you approach people in person. The initial attraction is authentic.

And even if you do find romance on Tinder, it's not the good kind. It's the dead end kind. In most cases (And I said most, not all, before you get offended) of couples/matches who are made on Tinder, one of you usually ends up having some kind of emotional baggage that will one day rear its ugly head somewhere down the road. The result is seldom "happy ever after".

If you're afraid to meet people in person, I suggest talking to friends more often. Letting yourself go around people you feel comfortable with. Start by saying hello to someone you walk by on the street. You don't have to have a casual conversation, just say hello and smile. Preferably not someone you find attractive. This will increase your anxiety. Start by this and feeling more confident in yourself. But you won't find real love on Tinder or any online dating app. If anything, this will make things worse for your lonesome.

I just thought I'd put this out there for anyone who feels insecure or has anxiety, looking for REAL love, and is thinking of using Tinder. Plenty of people on Tinder anxious to find a real romance but I hate to break it to you, it's a false promise. Your chances of finding this on any online dating app are extremely slim.

kls7
12/27/17

I'll start with the only reason I tried Tinder was because of positive results from some other people who ended up in relationships.
I have been on and off Tinder a few different times now so my opinion is the men that I either chatted with,messaged, or had an actual conversation with, and the few I met in person were not the type of men I would be attracted to or interested in the real world if I was just out and about. Also with all the numerous men I communicated with I actually only decided to meet two in person.
The men I did meet in person did not look anything like the pictures on their Tinder profile, really pissed me off there. Both of these men had to be a minimum of 100+ pounds over weight, EASY! One guy I met all he talked about non stop was his ex-wife and her new boyfriend and child support and going back and forth to court, etc. the other guy I met this guy cussed so much it was unreal, literally every other word was profanity and again he looked nothing like his picture and upon meeting he asked me very inappropriate questions about my personal life. All the other men that I only just talked to by phone were basically the same; they just talked about their ex-wives non-stop, or they talked about themselves non-stop and trying to promote their business, and another guy I spoke to by phone a few times, we actually were supposed to meet up; he cancelled twice so after that I cut off communication. Then a guy I spoke to only by phone claims he was out of town and could not meet up but would "fly" back to meet me later sometime (yeah right). Tinder is no different than all the online dating sites its filled with these people who are out for either just sex, the men are already in relationships or married, the men are not serious at all not even just to do a quick meetup, and in my opinion the men are simply just playing games and wasting everyone else's time in the process. It seems to me the men on Tinder and many sites like POF are like that "bottom of the barrel" men, these are guys you wouldn't notice on the street, nor would you be interested on any level. So in addition to all that from an intellectual view, the men I spoke to couldn't even hold an intelligent conversation, one of the guys I spoke with was asking me all these questions like "what's my favorite color"?, and it seemed like to me he probably googled questions to ask because he had no clue how to carry on a conversation whatsoever. Seriously this is what I was dealing with on Tinder and for me it was just a waste of time, I was just hoping to meet someone to maybe go out and date and get to know, these guys didn't even make it to that level the majority of them didn't last after the first real conversation. Also I can't even tell you how many times I swiped left. The age range for these men were between 35-45 years old. Sad..

karinar12
7/21/17

Guys pretty much brag about how many hookups they have gotten. Kind of sad really. Yes it's part of these sites but to outright brag about it. Pretty tactless. No thank you. And people just passing thru the area looking to hookup or even cheat on their spousea.

anony312
7/10/17

So tinder, the infamous hook-up site . What a disappointment. They do have the best looking girls on there. But none of them want what this site is about . Now I am a married man so I dont have a picture of my face . But I am open and honest in my profile. Ive chatted with a quite a few and only hooked up with one . Part of the problem is the Geography. Only gives you miles . Well 15 miles is great but which way are those miles. See I have a gameplan on how I operate. I tend to look for women who are really close to eork or on my drive home . This allows me to maximise my time . Eho wants to waste precious time travelling. So when im at work and i get a match within 30 miles. Fantastic, but its 30 miles north. It wont work for me . So if you're a married man and won't put your face in your profile, dont have a lot of free time , I would say this site is a difficult one to score with . The only good thing is its pretty much free . But remember that saying , you get what you pay for.

chelseal4
6/13/17

It's obviously not for people looking for something serious. 90% of the people on it aren't. The 10% that are aren't exactly worthwhile. It's something to do when you're bored and just see who you match up with, but it's really not something to take seriously. It's not even good for casual dating because most aren't looking for a date. The most you'll get is Netflix and chill. Not to mention all the d*ck picks and solacious comments by nearly 1/2 the guys that'll message you. If you're looking to mess around or have a laugh then this is the place. If you're looking to potentially find a connection you're in the wrong place.

maxl44
4/17/17

Unlike many thinks on Tinder. Dont have video feature on profile.
Limited for many thinks. Just average. Is kind of Free
but very limited app. The changes of success are very limited

classyg1
4/8/17

there are a lot of creepy people on tinder can you please ameliorate the app by categories creepy less creepy more classy etc

rajesj
4/3/17

I have tinder plus app on my mobile. I am not getting any response from others. My profile is very impressive. I am looking for good friends to spend time over coffee. No hookup and all.

lewism46
3/26/17

mobile phones company a transaction worth intend to give compensation for your assistance.Kind Regards,MR.Robert van paco.

mukedim
3/12/17

Tinder is now totally a gay and lesbians heaven online. It depressing to be looking for women who loves men and you end up being matched with lesbians or gay men. What the hell is this?

darleneh22
2/5/17

I was matched with several guys, some contact me all at once and then nothing. Some I havent had a chance to respond to and yet they don't send a message once we're a match. I think there is something going on behind the scenes and you're just collecting money from us who are over 30. Not right

josephinek3
1/2/17

After being asked to talk via email with a supposed 'roger huff' on Tinder I discovered he's not a Swedish widower from Brisbane at all, but an Indian guy from Sth Carolina! He wrote a litany of lies claiming a truckload of BS. Identity theft is huge on Tinder so if going on email ladies - check the URL address. Identity checks are not done and a Facebook profile is all that's needed to start a Tinder account and these, as you know, can be faked as well.

jacquelinee6
12/2/16

Tinder in SE Asia is full of scammers and fake profiles which Tinder do not seem to be proactive in reducing or deleting...or better still preventing setting up accounts in the first place ! Europe Tinder was fine and I had successful dates and made new friends..here in SE Asia it s nightmare to be honest, fake after fake profile of supposedly CEO who cannot even spell ! I have tried reporting pages but honestly Tinder are not taking this seriously. I would not recommend use in SEA.

davidh428
11/28/16

Feeling good about Tinder.com, been using the site for around a month and have a date set up with a really nice girl. A bit nervous to be honest as last date I had was through WeJustFit.com a few weeks after I split with my ex girlfriend in March. Check the site out and run some searches, if you get good results then you'll be setting dates up like me in no time at all. Well worth it! Exciting times!

mariee26
8/31/16

Beware.. guys are scamming for money. Starts if conversation fine for few day's maybe few weeks.they are out of country just left or saying will be returning. All very lovey and cute. Either lost militarily bank card. Their ships engine needs replacing. Best one guy retiring his last job be millionaire from it (shell company) wants settle down. Books flight and hotel sends confirmation on all this. Thus german guy scamming in end. Very frustrating .not interested in money just genuin guy!!!. BEWARE LADIES

angelikah1
7/27/16

I was on tinder for 5 days. Got a good number of matches, and some messages...but the conversations just fades. One guy messages me a very disrespectful message towards women. It is obvious that most people on this site are there for hookups. If you like to potentially transmit a sexual disease...then it's for you. I rather pay for a membership like match or eharmony to find more decent and classy men.

sm889
7/8/16

Guys are making fake Facebook pages, cut and pasted from the internet other men's information and pictures. These guys contact you and say they are "out of the country" working with the United Nations, Military, etc. Sob story of wife having passed and a single parent of a child, that lives back in the state. Sometimes child is at college but not in the US. Guy is "LOOKING FOR LOVE AND TO SETTLE DOWN' !!!! OK let's see: He is out of the country for the next 6 months; lives in Calf.; and is looking for LOVE in ??? let's say NC. Why?? Suggestions: Report as a scam; ask good questions, their English is sometimes poor, check them out on the internet.

kelebogilem
5/17/16

Terrible.. No one is serious. Just thirsty people. Run for your life!

pamp25
4/20/16

It is to be expected from all dating sites that there would be an occasional fake but this is ridiculous! And to add insult to injury they don't know how to write. Responses are so stupid. I have had fun with a few of them. It is very very sad that a dating site would choose to fool someone who is looking for love. Very sad indeed.

courtd1
3/28/16

I decided to give Tinder a try after hearing good reviews but so far it hasn't been a good experience. Unlike most dating sites, this one is basically all about looks. You do not get any information on their personality or hobbies. For me, I like to know about a guy's religion, political stance, hobbies, expectations, what they're looking for, etc. I would like to understand a little bit about someone before wasting my time talking to a guy who doesn't have the same intentions as me.
I also realized that a lot of guys swipe right to every girl just to increase their chances of getting matches. This can be frustrating because when you message them, they do not reply. Being on the site, I've gotten about 10 or 11 matches. Only one guy messaged me first and when I replied back, he never responded. The rest of the time, I was the one putting in all the effort sending messages first and I didn't get any responses. I try to be open to most guys I see. I prefer slim or fit guys, but even then, I swiped right to men who were overweight. There was one incident where I messaged a guy who was a little big and after I sent the message, he unmatched me. (Unmatching happens a lot.)
I just found it laughable how guys who weren't the best looking would unmatch me or block me if they did not think I was worthy of talking to them.
Don't expect to get many matches unless you're a blond, blue eyed model. That goes for men and women. People are a lot more picky on Tinder. Even ugly people expect you to look good.
I also hate how Tinder makes you use Facebook to make an account. Not everyone uses Facebook so those people are at a huge disadvantage.
I will either find a new site or give up on online dating.

paulj85
12/12/15

Tinder started off great, it was aweomse plenty of women and men alike. Now you have to pay for it, and at least half the profile are robots trying to get you on cam shows.. i deleted it now.

mikep125
11/23/15

i know this sounds weird ... but this has been a waste of time for me... Offline works much faster if you know what i mean

justint42
1,127 helpful votes
10/22/15

Eats more battery than any other app!.FULL of tens of, if not hundreds of thousands of fake, BS spam profiles.

brucet21
8/3/15

It was working fine on my android phone and then it started asking me to sign in with my facebook account - and no matter what I do, it says its wrong

Anybody else see this happen?

Is any dating site legit?

By Claire k.

It's a scam, like all these other sites. Maybe not as bad as other ones, but in the long run, you still get robbed.

By John D.

It is free. just keep in mind that most of the profiles are fake..you'll have to go through several hundred of them to have any hopes of getting in contact with a real person

By Kelly S.

I am here looking for s genuine person Please contact me

By Angella L.

you will review a thousand profiles before even 1 is a match so you decide

By Kelly S.

no cost, just a lot of time so I guess that is a cost

By Kelly S.

If you search online for 'android emulators' you can have google play up and running in no time

By Wil G.

Questions? Get answers from the Tinder staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Tinder