Review of TimeWarnerCable

glenn.britt@timewarnercable.com

1 review with 4 stars

jimh17
2/28/12

Service providers like Time Warner share a lot of pros and cons. Great in some areas of the country, terrible in others. You may have good people to handle your order and major idiots in the field or vice versa. I updated to Time Warner Cable's High Speed Broadband. The installer tested the completed upgrade on Time Warner's test site and it indicated the specified speed. Over the next several days, I saw no improvement with double the cost. I called customer service. Their representative was very helpful and understanding. He explained that the only real advantage would be for online gaming, due to the huge bandwidth draw. I had a special modem and it would have to be removed to drop back the service. I agreed and a field person did the changeover and gave me some tips and tricks to improve my efficiency. I did what he recommended and saw a huge speed improvement. My monthly fee was reduced from $99/mo to $45/mo which included the monthly fee for an added Wi-Fi modem. No service fees were applied for any of the visits or work performed.

I recently changed my phone over from AT&T to TimeWarner as well. Reasons being, excellent service experience with Internet and major issues with a long distance service from USBI (search and read review on these guys).

Maybe I'm one of the few lucky ones, but I'm very happy with Time Warner Cable. I know that in my area, Milwaukee, WI, Time Warner Cable has vastly improved over the past several years. Telephone waits are minimal and their people have all been great to deal with.

Reviewers on this site could further help each other by providing the locale of what is being reviewed.

Questions? Get answers from the TimeWarnerCable staff and other customers.

1 Photo for TimeWarnerCable