Review of Tilly's

customerservice@tillys.com

6 reviews with 3 stars

dalycer
7/30/18

I paid an extra $22 dollars to have it delivered next day and now it won't be delivered till day 2. This is ridiculous.

laylaw4
3/26/17

I received great customer service in store at the Roosevelt Field location. I went over the holidays and even though the store was busy, Ashley was very attentive in helping me find a dress for a special occasion. She listened to what I was looking for and while I was trying some dresses on, she searched the store for others I might like and I actually ended up purchasing one of the ones she chose. I also had to return a shirt and that was an easy process.

I have ordered online from them a couple times and shipping is painfully slow. Returning online purchases is much harder than going in store. I called to return a shirt and was refunded the wrong amount. I then called back and spoke to the same person and was refunded the wrong amount again. Finally the last time I called, I spoke to a different person and he sorted everything out.

Another time, I wanted to exchange a product. I sent it back and everything was going smoothly as far as I knew, until they received the product back and said they couldn't process the exchange. I was refunded the money but I don't understand why I couldn't exchange it since the product was in stock. So I just used the money I was refunded, to purchase the item again in a different size. Not too much of a hassle, but an extra step that shouldn't have been necessary. I have now been waiting 10 days for it. Again, back to the extremely slow shipping.

jenc19
4/27/15

It took Tilly's about 3 days to ship it out, and I got it in a week and a day to my house. I would consider this pretty fast shipping. I did not receive damaged clothes, although I will warn that the online versions of the clothes DO DIFFER IN QUALITY VS REALITY. In reality, the clothes are not of very high quality, but they are comfortable and you get what you pay for quality wise.

cammellam
1/5/15

love their clothes, usually reasonably priced, but then you buy something online from them and a week later they tell you one of your items is out of stock. this has happened to me three times. like really is it that hard to keep your site and inventory updated? guess ill just go to the store from now on

Tip for consumers: dont buy online their online service is horrible

beng35
7/7/14

great prices....$#*! service

danaea
5/7/13

I truly have a love hate relationship with this site.
When stuff is on sale and shipping is free and their promocodes work, I love it! (obviously).
But, here the big BUT, the above mentioned only happens, maybe if I'm lucky, one out of every twenty times I try to order something.
Let's focus on the good; when everything goes off smoothingly, it's great: tracking is sent to email once it ships, emails come a couple times a month with promo codes (that only work a third of the time), I even get a mailer in the post office box that features their overly prices So Cal wear.
That's all good.
The bad: When the clearance says 30% off (or additional 30% off) it doesn't apply to ALL clearence. Usually the kids is excluded or the adults are excluded and the kids section is rocking the additional 30% off.
If you don't nail a promo for free shipping, shipping rate sucks HARDCORE. I mean, excess of $13 and change most of the time, which most would say THAT ISN'T MUCH, but what they don't understand is companies have greatly discounted shipping rates through UPS, FedEx, etc. So what would cost Joe Blow $15 to ship priority ground only costs Tilly's $5. That's a HUGE disappointment. (Yes, some will point out that orders over $X get free shipping, but I don't want to spend THAT much every time I shop.)
The website is...yeah, let me say from a web designer's point of view, jacked up. For all intents and purposes it works fine, looks fine, is completely funchional, but when searching or trying to organize your view into 100 per page and by cost, it doesn't organize them in the least, sometimes items disappear and don't show up, only to pop up and say HELLO when you are searching for something totally different.
Also, their customer service SUCKS with a capital S. They shorted me two pairs of socks in a clearance 5 sock pack. They said that I'd have to SEND them the socks back, I have to pay the way, then they'll attempt to fill the order or credit it back. Dude, it was $3.00 for a pack of socks, it would have been nice to have 5 pairs for that price, but it'll cost me $4.95 to send them back to you. What they should have done was credited a dollar back, something like that, instead all he did was p*ss me off.

Would I shop here still? Yes, they didn't p*ss me off THAT much, but only if it's on sale.

There's a $7.00 return fee if mailed back

By Kurt B.

The finally gave me back some of the money they owed, but kept $30 for shipping. BUT I didn't use their shipping, I shipped it myself for $8. They are thieves. I've spent another $28 in long distance charges fighting with them and have emailed them over and over and over. They just don't answer. This company should not be in business.

By I B.

Horrible return policy. All sales final. I will not shop there

By Zeida j.

I wouldn't buy ANYTHING. If you don't get the right size and have to return it, it's very likely you will not get your money back and you won't get any help from customer service. I'm sorry if this answer isn't about size, but I feel I have to warn you. The clothes look beautiful on the site but they aren't worth it.

By I B.

Questions? Get answers from the Tilly's staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Tilly's