Review of Ticketmaster

Tel: 1-800-745-3000

88 reviews with 1 star

leslyr4
4/17/19

I must say the customer service is really poor. I had to call three times to deal with the exchange tickets and to be informed by the last representative that all the other work the previous two employees was useless. Three times I had to call regarding my tickets that were not emailed to my email. One rep said give it 24 hours, second rep said give it 15 minutes and last rep said oh sorry there was an error in our system that does not allow us to email them to you. You would have to pick them up at the event. That so inconvenient when I have to deal with a 5 year old and 1 year old and the amount of people on that day. Plus I will not be able to surprise my daughter with an actual ticket to hold till the day of the event. This will be the last time I'm buying tickets through your company. There was no other option provided but a plain sorry. Sorry will not give me back the time I have to spend making line to obtain the tickets.

joshuaf143
3/18/19

I would highly recommend to go to the events actual vendor to purchase your tickets from! this company is absolutely horrible to deal with! on March 16th I used their Android app to purchase what seemed like a Hockey game that was playing on this night. through their app it didn't show this was an away game and in Orlando, FL, I am in Boise, ID. How I found out was sorta embarrassing but I walked up to the doors at the arena to find out hey you purchased tickets to an away game. I contacted support as soon as I could just to be told to basically you're screwed and we will not help you or exchange your tickets to a local game. They even went as far as gave me multiple reasons as to why I was denied a refund. Would even reach out to the "producer or venue" to say hey there was a honest mistake in purchasing tickets may we refund/exchange them for them.

janes405
1/12/19

They have a scam together with Groupon pretending it's the $50 deal but you get charged the full price like $250. You cannot know this until credit card has processed.
Ticketmaster should be taken to Fair Trading
Court and be reported to Industrial Relations. They should rightfully lose their trading licence. Everyone should do it with dishonest fraudulent companies/merchants.
I tied to upload screenshots photo here by the way but unfortunately it won't upload. It has uploaded in past on other review.

michellef243
10/9/18

No stars - charged twice. They deny and refuse to resolve. Horrible customer service. Have to file dispute with credit card company.

hansw18
8/27/18

Absolutely horrible experience dealing with Ticketmaster! Huge hassle to resale tickets! Insurance on your ticket is a total scam that puts you through so much rigmarole that it will discourage you from going through the process! I myself will never go through Ticketmaster again and recommend nobody go through them. Worst ever ticket buying experience ever and I've been to hundreds of concerts in my life.

deenaz1
7/31/18

Do not participate in the Verified Fan program at Ticket master. I spent hundreds of hours and money to buy merchandise to earn a place in line at the Taylor Swift concert in Atlanta for my daughter's 9th birthday. Their site sold me tickets in In wrong state and they refused to exchange them for the corrextstate that I had been working for. Now I am trying to resale them and they refuse to let me list them for less than $161. So now I am out of almost $1000 due to their error. Taylor Swift should be ashamed of partnering with them for the Verified Fan program.

beverlyd80
7/1/18

The entertainer said I should not have paid more that 99.00 for her highest priced ticket and mine were well over that so I am unhappy with ticket master.

jocelynef
5/6/18

I Will report Goldstars unethical and dishonest business practices to ALL social media available.
They sold me two $44 tickets in the worst seats in the Civic Center, you cant see seating charts or call them. Theyd be inundated with complaints.
I found tickets selling for $10 in the same bleednose section. Cancelled Goldstars tickets and purchase $44 tickets on Cheap Seat in the 10th row center from the stage.
Disgraceful,

jasminer50
5/1/18

I purchased tickets for a concert for $1400+ and selected seat 1 because I am SHORT and its the only way I would be able to see the stage. When I received my ticket, instead of seat 1 it states I was assigned seat 5. I knew this an error because I double and triple checked before selecting the submit button. I called Ticketmaster and was advised there wasn't anything they could do since it was a resale ticket and how resellers assign seating is outside of their control. I will try to see this seat and watch the concert on YouTube when it makes it there. Never purchasing another ticket through TM again. smh

aminp
3/18/18

this web site ticket agent are worst on planet, they charged my credit card give me verified numbers to go to WILL CALL WINDOW to pick up my tickets, and sold tickets to some one else, so i missed the EVENT. please Never ever purchase tickets from Them. this web site are biggest fraud, they charge highest price for tickets charge your credit card and Does not sent you tickets at all, when you try to talk to Ticketmaster Representative they said that, everything is good to go here are reference number for your tickets and you will have tickets at ticket windows, but later some one else bit higher for your ticket they will sell your tickets to others at higher price, so basically you will miss your event.

justinc122
3/16/18

It was Thursday, March 15th and I was looking for NY Knick vs. Bulls and found them for the following Monday. When I was ready to purchase these tickets I accidentally purchased the wrong tickets...dahhhh (Knicks vs.76ers) which was a game being played that evening. It wasn't until after I clicked the purchase button that I realized they were the wrong ones. This is the first time I've purchased tickets on ticketmaster.com. Right away I was trying to see what my options were to get a refund because I was going to be out $822US. I called ticket master and they said they couldn't do anything because it was too close to the event (4hrs before). They said I could resell them. So I tried to go that route but only to find out that you need a US bank account. SOL for me. So my first suggestion/complaint is this; if you're a first time user on this ticketing website double and triple check that you're ordering the right venue because there is no way you're getting a refund if you make a mistake with circumstances like mine (venue happens to be 4 hours from the start time). Their website says that you can get a refund within 72 hours of your purchase but if you read on you'll see that you can't refund or exchange tickets for events that are less than 7 days away. Also, you can't get a refund on resale tickets.....we'll just slide that one in there too. My second suggestion is that I don't remember seeing a review your order prompt prior to the final order. I probably would have caught my mistake if I was to review the order but because I was a first time user, I was more preoccupied in entering all of my new credit card information and address. My third suggestion is that the website should pick up on the address that you entered as being outside the US and therefore should prompt with a "Warning" you must have a US bank account to resell these tickets...Please review your order. Forth, review your order because the event is too close to get a refund!

Now with the exchange the way it is, I'm out $1,164.24CAD! Couldn't see the game. Couldn't resell the tickets and I can't afford to see the game I actually want to see this Monday. If someone from Ticketmaster.com is reading this, I believe the right thing to do would be to get me a set of tickets for this Monday's game-(jsconnor@eastlink.ca) if you're company wants to make thing right!

ralphv13
3/13/18

You're bloodsuckers who don't play a single note. Yet, you gouge the public to see the artists dearly loved. You're the main reason I seldom go to any public live events.

Thanks for f'n me.

danip13
3/6/18

Yes, I get that they need to be paid too. But charging so many fees on-top of their establishment fees is ridiculous, and there's no justification as to why they're doing it.

Let's break it down, shall we?

Here's what I have CURRENTLY:
$45.00 x 2 (for the ticket itself)
Bull$#*! fees
$10.60 (Service Fee) x 2
$2.00 (Facility Charge) x 2
$3.75 Order Processing Fee

Twenty dollars for a service fee? Is that a joke? "But they need money to run their domain!". Yes, and that's easily accomplished by charging less than a dollar for every ticket they sell. These people have a monopoly on the industry, so you're paying them to allow them to service you? lol. TicketMaster negotiates it's profit margin with the venue. So their profit margin can go from as much as 8% to 100%.

And until recently, they have now allowed you to print your own ticket at home... For free. Yes, they used to charge you for that too.

People justifying these prices either didn't have them affect them (which is insane), have heaps of money, or are generally apathetic. If they wanna justify spending those fees on top of an already high base price, that's their prerogative.

jennym6
2/14/18

First, glad I took the time to look here. Maybe this is a blessing. There is a concert coming up this Sat I really want to see. Need 3 tickets, so I got to the theaters website, click the link which brings me to ticketmaster. Filled in their sign up form only to get an error "something went wrong." NO CLUE WHAT! How can I fix "something"? Now it's possible I used them once before, it would have been many years ago. So how about "that name already has an account" or some such thing? Nope, not a clue.
Tried calling them. "due to high call volume." and I'm given the option to use their automated ticket ordering thing, and why would I go through that if I already know "something went wrong?" OR visit their website. (now this one always gets me. WHY would I be CALLING if I could do something on your broken website???)
Or try again later and click. Cut right off. HOW do businesses stay in business when they can't get enough help to pick up the phone? Not even a call back option? Nothing? I tried later, got the same circle and click.

The theater box office of course is not open and doesn't take orders over the phone. SWELL!
While searching for another way to contact SOMEONE SOMEWHERE at ticket master, I started reading reviews. Horrible ones. Came here to sitejabber, and found even more. Maybe it's a good thing I never got through. I think I'll make an extra hour drive and just go buy them in person. Thanks to everyone before me who posted their horror stories. Probably saved me some money by not ordering online.

keithc77
2/13/18

I will never, ever use or recommend Ticketmaster to anyone. I was ripped off $500. I had ordered 4 tickets for a Feb 3 basketball game between UF vs Bama. Tickets were around $100 each. Purchased them and unknown until next day (Christmas morning) I was sold 2 tickets at $250 each. Everytime I called I had to wait a minimum of 30 minutes on hold. Ticketmaster would not refund the money and the website never allowed me to resell the tickets. I ended up going on Stub Hub, getting 4 great tickets at $80 a seat. I had to get 4 together because it was a Christmas present for my daughter and friends. I am still disgusted at the money I spent, but more disgusted with Ticketmaster as I explained my situation everytime I called. All I wanted was 4 seated together. I actually rate them a 0!

marciam36
1/30/18

A gigantic colossal rip off. Tickets to a show in Red Bank $50 each. Then, after, and only after hitting pay, Congratulations! An additional$14 charge per ticket for an email delivery. Ticketmaster fees are hidden.

ericac53
1/24/18

Got a presale code for Foo Fighters, tried several times to enter it, but TM wouldn't recognize the code. No tix for me!! Very angry right now.

kj250
12/27/17

I sold 3 Tickets on the Ticketmaster website. Just setting up the account to sell was a nightmare and required a phone call to their fan support line. My tickets sold on 12/9 and I received notification that the money would be deposited in my account within 7 working days. On the 7th day, I received another email asking me to sign in to my account and "verify" the bank account that would be credited, but there is not a "verify" or "edit" button on the Sell Tickets section. I have made 2 phone calls each lasting approximately 30 min. Today, I was told they were still working on it and that I had to understand that many of their staff members were taking vacation, so they did not know when the problem would be resolved or when I will receive my money they are still holding!

gitaf
12/6/17

If you buy tickets on-line or on phone and there is a problem or you want to resell them, good luck getting any service. You will spend hours on the phone looking for help and it won't come too soon!

peters376
12/4/17

Make it very difficult to resell. They want me to give up! Will never deal with them again. Is this 100 characters?

dennisc78
11/15/17

Purchased tickets several months ago for Bob Seger in Chicago 11/17. Two friends from out of town scheduled a trip to Chicago to see the event. By accident, when trying to see if even more tickets were available today for the Friday show, I couldn't find any and thought that was unusual, no tickets at any price. When I checked the Seger website I learned that OCTOBER 4 -six weeks ago Seger announced all future concerts were postponed for medical reasons. WHY WEREN'T THE TICKET PURCHASERS NOTIFIED !! No one else who was scheduled to go was notified. They have all the purchasers email and home addresses, yet Ticketmasted failed to send out any notices. I wouldn't want to be the parking lot attendants at the United Center on Friday to have to show the thousands of people who will be showing up only to be told the show was cancelled 6 weeks ago.

nancyh190
11/5/17

I bought tickets and selected the Go Mobile delivery option. I had an out of trip come up and needed to give my tickets to others at the last minute. The site does not allow you to change these to print at home. Additionally, they charged me $18.50 to send the tickets quickly which really will make it a challenge to get the tickets to my friends timely. Watch out for hidden fees and lack of disclosure about this limitation.

marym568
10/20/17

The minute I purchased tickets, the total came up at almost twice what the ticket price was due to added fees. Unbelievable! When I tried to cancel, I was on hold almost an hour total trying to get a live person to take charges off my credit card. I will never purchase from this company....beware!!!

kentl9
10/18/17

Yea people only leave a review when they had a crappy experience.....and I have had one with ticketmaster....so you can chalk it up as this guy getting frustrated and venting here because he spent 1.5 hours trying to figure out how to get tickets I have to my app.....I know I only got a 21 on the ACT, but you'd think I could figure this out....guess not.

bridief
9/20/17

I wanted to purchase real tickets for my husbands birthday for the NASCAR Race Loudon NH - I went to the speedways' website to buy the tickets so I could have the NASCAR tickets which everyone else and their sister seem to have in their possession. I paid the full face value PLUS fees PLUS shipping so I could have original NASCAR tickets only to get in the mail the generic Ticketmaster Tickets. I went onto the online chat for Ticketmaster and had someone by the name of Alfredo who told me that there was no where on their website that promised the real event tickets.... my retort was...you're right just as there is no where on the website that says you WON'T get them. He informed me that he didn't feel Ticketmaster should have to divulge that information when it's never an option to begin with. Then tried telling me that because I can't find the actual photos of the real tickets on their website that they aren't available but I know several people that have them not to mention had I known that I couldn't get the tickets the right way I would have gone to the track on Sunday and gotten what I wanted to begin with for probably 250 dollars less. He told me to take it up with the Speedway and they do not feel they misrepresented at all what I would be getting. Then gives me 2 phone numbers that aren't accepting phone calls. Not happy with Ticketmaster and will never again buy from them....ever.

no, mine was a price jump

By Juliana W.

Questions? Get answers from the Ticketmaster staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Ticketmaster