Review of ThreadFlip

San Francisco, CA 94107, US
support@threadflip.com

stephanier29
3/6/15

I had purchased many items and gave good reviews to sellers. I canceled an order because the seller did not ship the sale in a timely manner per the sites policies. To my surprise, the package arrived anyway and its tracking showed it had been shipped days after I already canceled. So far, customer service does not seem very helpful in finding a reasonable solution. Instead of offering to send a call tag to me, I have been repeatedly told to please "repurchase" the item. I suggest liketwice.com and fashionproject.com where the shipping comes from the companies! Twice is about sustainability and Fashion Project donates to charities. I have had good experiences with each so far.

Tip for consumers: Update: I had to become more assertive a few MORE times and FINALLY received a call tag. No simple apology, show of concern, etc. I have DELETED my account and will no longer do business with the company!!!

ls54
3/1/15

Caveat-while these reviews are generally negative, and most probably a small % of total customers, will agree w/ one commenter that I will not list on this site. Was not impressed that they have only one rep working email; I had (not unusual) ??s that took 1-3 days for her to answer - why don't they list them on their FAQS? (they like to push their full-service,while I'm an experienced DIY) As another person remarked, why don't LEGIT businesses have a PHONE customer service line? This firm lists a phone #, but it's a recording! (btw, thanks to all who post/read this)

hollyb12
2/28/15

Some one I trust sent me a link to Threadflip ... sounded like a great opportunity. Read reviews .. were mixed, but since there were some positive ones - gave it a shot. Bad idea. Sent in a bunch of new with tags items (lost a bunch of weight) - they were priced so low, the items were basically given away. Paid to have the rejected items returned to me ... nope, they were mailed to someone hundreds of miles from me. Still waiting to find out if I will be compensated for the items (and the return fees I paid). Closed my closet ... they sent back my items ... and also someone else's. Still waiting for guidance on how I will be reimbursed for mailing back the item sent in error. (Haven't mailed it yet)

--- Update: I got a whopping $6.00 for the three items which were rejected and supposedly sent back to me (one was a brand-new LL Bean sweater retailing for $119-). The shipping number that Threadflip sent me as being my return box went to an address hundreds of miles from me... When I told Dana that I expected Threadflip to get hold of the recipient and have the items forwarded to me, she informed me that they have no way to contact that person... sorry. She then gave me an additional $4- credit and told me that Threadflip sells items at a 77% discount from the retail price. Wow! $10 return for over $200- of clothing -- though she did refund the $10 I paid to get my stuff back. Still hasn't sent me the money to return the item which they sent that belongs to someone else. Oh well... it is going to charity. Opened up the package ... it's a blouse, new with tags. Retailer price: $10.99.

--- latest update: reached as as the company response requested (and followed up four times) ... Threadflip final response was there is nothing they can do

Response from Laura S., ThreadFlip Representative
Hey there,

We are sorry to hear of this experince. Our experienced team of in-house merchants will price your accepted Full Service items based on its brand, condition, and style. They take into consideration fair asking price and your highest possible revenue when pricing each Full Service item. I apologize that you were unsatisfied with the pricing of these items. As far as your rejections, please reach out to support to follow up on the compensation for your items being sent to another location. Our support team is around and wants to make this right for you!
shinynewp
2/27/15

I sold something on Threadflip. The customer did not like it. I said they could return it no problem as long as the tag was still on it and it was in the same conditioni sent it. Then I get an email from customer service saying I must pay them via PayPal today $12 in return shipping. I wrote back saying it's ridiculous that be at loss of money trying to sell on their site and that shipping doesn't coat half that. My next email was saying my account was closed, no longer existant. Now I have no jacket or money. They scored from me. Totally unprofessional and unlawful.

rhiannonc1
2/21/15

So, I ordered a white kate spade crossbody off of the website. The pictures of it made the bag seem like it was in great condition, but just in case, I commented on the listing and asked if there was any damage whatsoever and if they could somehow send me pictures. A representative from threadflip commented back and told me the purse was in great condition, no damage or stains. When the purse came to my house, I noticed on the side there was a HUGE orange stain, the rivets on the bag were scratched, and there were numerous small brown stains on the purse. I decided to return the purse, and customer service was very helpful and prompt. I just wish the actual site would've been more honest, so now I can't trust the app.

brittanyl9
2/10/15

WORST BUSINESS EVER. They claim they have a ""Buyer" protection yet they won't refund my money from a purse that was delivered to me that was $235 when the seller left the price tags in the purse that was bought for $70! COMPLETE RIPOFF. Do not buy from them- if you do not get what you expect- they won't return your money! now i'm out $235 and the crappy purse is not even worth $40.

Response from Laura S., ThreadFlip Representative
Brittany, we are sorry to hear of your frustrations. As a marketplace, Threadflip must protect both buyers and sellers. We reached out to your seller regarding this purchase and she is not willing to accept a return. Threadflip can only require the return if the item is FFF (fake, faulty or falsely advertised). We are willing to work with you on giving you a partial refund. If you are still interested in this, please let Threadflip support know.
kristief1
2/9/15

So I used Threadflip's Full Service feature.

Let's see.

First, it took WAY longer than quoted to have the items processed and listed. I emailed them a few weeks AFTER it was supposed to be done and got some lame response. Then once they were done they didn't sent me an email and donated the items.

They say that for the items they'll reject you can either donate or have them sent back to you. However, if they don't send you an email... then you don't know you need to go on, pay the fee, and have them sent back. It was whatever though. Goodwill got some Diane Von Furstenberg, NWT Laundry by Shelli Segal, and more. However, their site also states they'll send you a tax receipt if they do this donation for you... they never did that. So I'm guessing they took it off of their own taxes, though clearly the donation was from me.

A bit shady. They claimed they rejected some items due to defects and damage, but a few of those were NWTs and I would never have sent them damaged items. Period.

Don't worry this whole review is not about that, but also about the service in general.

After they're processed, they're listed. Threadflip claims that Full Service items get more views and likes - stuff like that. However? I discovered that most of the people hearting my items were in fact employees. I find that shady.

While regular listings are just a 20% commission, Full Service items range from 20% commission to 70% (depending on final selling price). This higher rate is because they're taking their time and energy to process items, photograph items, list items, answer questions, etc. But are they actually doing those things?

We've already established they took MUCH longer than they state to process the items. I've also stated that they're not successfully emailing everyone when items do not sell. But what about photographs? Setting price points? And answering questions?

The photographs from my first batch of items (I sent the second batch out as soon as they received the first -- in retrospect maybe I should have waited) were of good quality. You could see details. Later on? The photographic quality was incredibly subpar. A top with a large rosette on the front looked like a plain black silk top. Other items were also photographed oddly.

The listing prices? Inconsistent at best. Some of the "retail" prices listed were far above what I paid and most far below. The prices things sold for also widely varied. They state that they will only sell for fair market value (they negotiate offers and manage all the pricing stuff). However, one NWT BCBG dress was sold for $15. I emailed them and they wholly admitted that mistake (I will say that). But I state this as clearly they need to get everyone on the same page as to what "fair market value" really is.

In regards to answering questions. NO ONE from Threadflip answered questions on my listings... I decided one day to pop on and look at the listings (since a lot were not selling). I discovered a pair of pants (none of the measurements were listed in the listing) had a question about the waist measurement that was weeks old. No one from Threadflip had answered it. I couldn't answer the question as I didn't have the item in my possession any longer. I even commented as such thinking maybe Threadflip would see it and FINALLY respond to her... but nope. No response.

No so FULL service, eh?

It's no surprise that only FIVE out of TWENTY SIX items sold. That's less than 20%.

So what happens to the items that didn't sell? You pay $10 per Full Service bag you filled up to get them back.

I paid $20 to get my two bags full of stuff back... However? One of those two bags STILL has not been sent back to me. Despite it being well over 30 days. So I sent them an email and was told (this should be of no surprise with Threadflip's answers on here) that they were backlogged.

Clearly there is an issue here Threadflip! Hire some more bodies!

Anyway, I just sent them an invoice for all the items they've failed to send back to me. Knocking off 20% from the price they set (since they didn't sell at that price) and the corresponding commission rate.

We'll see if that invoice causes them to actually return my items (or maybe just pay it as it wouldn't surprise me if they had lost the items, etc)

irisn
1/31/15

I've been looking for a site to sell my designer clothes and I was literally about to send my items to Threadflip. After reading these reviews, I'm taking my items elsewhere because what your all have gone through is ridiculous. Thanks for the feedback!

Response from Laura S., ThreadFlip Representative
Hey Iris, We are sorry to hear you will not be using our service. Our operations team has improved our Full Service and we have worked out the kinks within our system. If you have specific questions on how our service works, please feel free to reach out to our customer support team at support@threadflip.com. We would be happy to address any specific concerns you may have.
judithb16
1/29/15

Do not believe anything you see on Threadflip It's got to be a joke. This Laura person will tell you how sorry she is and for nothing. I cannot believe that I had to tape my soles onto my shoes with packing tape to continue to work!!!!! Coach flats. Really? Hope the seller enjoys the gains!

Response from Laura S., ThreadFlip Representative
Hey Judith,

We are sorry to hear you had a bad purchasing experience on Threadflip. Threadflip does have a buyer protection program where we require returns for all items that are deemed as FFF (fake, faulty or falsely advertised). If you Coach flats are in bad condition, please email support@threadflip.com and we can work on getting you a refund for your shoes. Our support team is always there to help!
jadiema
1/29/15

Has anyone had to deal with Threadflip for a refund? What do you think about the way they handle refunds? Here's what happened to me. I sold an item and the woman didn't like it. It wasn't misrepresented in any way. It just wasn't the way she wanted it to be once she had it in her hands, so she wrote me an email telling me she was unsatisfied with her purchase. I wrote back within a couple hours and told her she could mail it back and I would refund her purchase price plus return shipping fees even though I offer free shipping on all of my items. I then contacted Customer Support for INFORMATION about the refund process. They have several paragraphs written in their policy section driving home the idea that they would really prefer you refund anything a person is unhappy with and I agree with that policy too. However, there is no information about HOW TO DO a refund. So I contacted Customer Support and explained that a buyer would like to return an item and how can I refund her AFTER I have the item back in hand? 'Amanda' at customer support asked me for the transaction number so she could have a close look, and I provided it. WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, 'Amanda' took money out of my account balance and didn't even tell me how much she took! She said she would be holding on to it so she could give it back to the customer after I receive the item. I had TO ASK in a separate email how much she took! ALSO, by giving her the transaction number, I ASSUMED she would see through my email correspondence with the buyer that I ALSO intended to give her a refund for the shipping costs. There was no mention from Amanda of her ever intending to refund to ME the 20% Threadflip fee I was charged for selling the item in the event of the return. That's such a common practice on every other website that it JUST occurred to me that perhaps Threadflip DOES NOT REFUND SELLERS for selling fees when a return is made which is straight up bad business practices. So, the buyer never responded to my email, and never sent the item back. Several days have passed, and 'Amanda' has not returned the money to my account balance. She told me to contact her at the end of the day on May 11th if I had not heard from the buyer because she would THEN return my money to me! I was writing for INFORMATION! I never heard of a business taking money out of a seller's account when the item has not even been returned to me and may never be returned to me! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. It is now 3:15 EST on May 12th, and the money still hasn't been returned even though I wrote her an email telling her I never heard back from the buyer or received the money. LESSON LEARNED: NEVER CONTACT CUSTOMER SUPPORT regarding refunds until I am holding the refunded item. Their policy suggests that buyers and sellers try to work out refunds on their own, but i have no way to send anybody money from my account balance. So how do we work it out on our own? I NEVER gave permission to have any money taken out of my account balance. I was writing for information since their Q&A section is incredibly unhelpful. Just wondering what other people have experienced with Threadflip in the realm of refunds.

priyad5
1/18/15

I don't know If I made a wise decision or not by buying products from threadflip. I made an order and it was cancelled . I don't know why. Customer support doesn't respond on time. Sellers doesn't respond on time. I just wish my things and hard earned money doesn't get wasted. Hoping for the best.

emileer1
1/2/15

I recently ordered two items from Threadflip. Both were received timely and in the condition advertised (basically). However, the watch I ordered arrived not working. Okay fine. It would've been nice if that had been included in the description, but I can get over it based on the price I paid. But in addition, the watch has a sticker on its back that says removing it voids my ability to return the watch. Again, okay fine still not upset until I sent multiple messages to customer service asking how I can replace the battery to troubleshoot the issue and still be able to return it if it's actually broken and receive no response. And my sent messages don't show in the messages tab in the website so I have no idea if they're even being received. Eventually, several days later I get an email that it's fine to replace the battery but that still doesn't show in their webapp. By then, I'd already taken the watch to a jewelry store because it's right before Christmas and I need to know if it's just a dead battery or something more serious before giving a possibly broken watch as a gift. Ugh. Also, the sticker left a gross residue which the jewelry people kindly used their cleaner to remove. Overall, the experience was much more difficult than it needed to be and customer service was awful.

sandin1
12/29/14

UPDATED 12/30. Downgrading them as of today's service! Had to cancel 2 more orders(1 6 days old, 1 5 days old). There's still no cancel button so I had to email them. Well they must have told the sellers to ship. I got 2 order confirmations today. Tried to contact sellers, who knows if they got the messages. Think I just need to cut ties with them. PREVIOUS REVIEW: I started selling on here this as an alternative to ebay (due to increasing problems there!) It's been ok. You don't receive money until the item is received. Normally that's fine by me, but my last few items have been coats and you have to buy postage on your own (w/ no discounts). This has been a financially horrible year for me, so even $10 shipping hurts. I haven't been haggled here like on ebay, so that's good. It's been hard to get traffic tho. I don't have a variety of sizes to attract more buyers since it is SUPPOSED to be items from your own closet. Seems like more sellers are trying to make it a business, so your stuff gets lost in the mess quickly. I feel sellers get too long to ship (5 complete days). I ship nightly because I feel that once an item is paid for that it's no longer mine to keep.

Tip for consumers: A lot of sellers aren't giving descriptions, so please ask questions before buying!

sallyg13
12/28/14

I don't know if I have been scammed yet or not. Last night I put in an offer for two Coach wallets and one Coach purse. I was told the people selling these items had two days to accept or reject my offer. This morning when I checked my on line banking all of the money for my offers had already been taken from my checking account. From what I'm reading I will probably never see the items I bid on and paid for.

leif14
12/24/14

This is the worst app! I sold my 2 mk like new bags after a week of waiting for my funds to be release they suspended my accnt and blocked it as well so now i can't claim/ cash out my funds it's almost $300. I tried to contact them thru support email but up to now i got no reply from them. It's almost a month of waiting but i still can't log in to my accnt since they blocked it and they haven't release my money!!!

olgas10
12/16/14

I made a purchase with a 35% off coupon I was sent as a VIP buyer. Went thru checkout and then order was cancelled. Messaged seller that something went wrong and I would check out again. Payment went thru even though it was on hold as has been the case with the last few items I purchased over $100. I was okay with that and seller stated that is for protection. WELL ... next morning I receive and email that my account was suspended for " wrongful seller practices". I haven't sold anything on Thredflip or any other site. Sent numerous emails and left phone call message that I had to dig over the internet to find. Its been 4 days and not a courtesy phone call or email response back. This shows me what kind of company Thredflip really is. They are thieves and know nothing about customer service. I did nothing wrong and they treat buyers with this type of total unprofessionalism is beyond belief.

everlynnh
12/15/14

on 12/11/2014 threadflip offered 35% discount coupont with code tbt35off100, i purchased items costed me over 4K after discount. Within 24hrs, they sent me an email suspending my accout with "seller violation" with rediculous reasons and accusing me of listing fake items where infact i haven't listed any item yet. I am a buyer, not seller. Canceled my order and suspended my account to avoid honoring the discount. Very fishy business practice, false advertisement, waste my time and effort.

jenniferq9
12/14/14

The last 3 purchases I have made have been at a considerable discount from promotions I usually wait for. The last one was 35% off and the prior one was 40% off. Well guess what... purchases don't go through if you have a promo code. The first two times I have 6-7 items in my cart, purchased over $200 worth of merchandise and when I submitted, all items were put on HOLD. The next day my order disappeared. It took me over an hour to shop for those items! I emailed and 3 days later was told my CC was declined... impossible I had over $35 available credit! So, the last order same thing. 5 items... 1 went through, 4 on hold... next day the 4 disappear! Emailed support 3 days ago and no response. Today I get an email that my seller account is suspended for listing fake items... guess what? I don't have any items listed! This site is a SCAM. I don't think half of the merchandise is even available for sale.

lynettes
12/10/14

I have been selling with Threadflip for over a year now. I have seen the service deteriorate during the past 6 months. Besides charging 20% and not offering a discount on shipping. For the past three days I have not been able to receive over $800.00 in money they owe me for selling items. They claim they are doing maintenance on Pay Pal and every day they keep indicating the system will be up any day but it has been down for three days now. This issue with sellers not being able to receive their money via Pay Pal is a serious violation of internet ethics!!! How are you claiming to be this major internet site but not have any alternative ways what so ever to pay sellers what is due to them??? What kind of tech team do you have when thousands of other sites use Pay Pal and are having no issues. For them to have advertisements all over the internet they offer poor customer service, have no direct number to reach them, sometimes it takes days for them to get back with you. This latest issue with not being able to receive money is inappropriate. Threadlfip should be investigated and shut down for not being able to pay sellers for goods they sold.

nc20
12/1/14

This company's customer service is lacking. You will not get responses through their email system and there is no telephone number to call if you have issues. They have a horrible payout method. If your looking for a reliable thrifting app visit poshmark, they have excellent customer service and support and your payout is in your bank account within 2 days. I tried threadflip for awhile to see how it was different from poshmark and its clear to me now as threadflip has basically "lost" my payout between them and paypal. Horrible Horrible company will not do business ever again.

Tip for consumers: DONT

Response from Laura S., ThreadFlip Representative
A USPS update caused us to have to manually payout each seller upon delivery. As soon as we made aware of this our engineers put in a fix for this. We are so sorry for the delay. Moving forward, you should see your funds released promptly. As always, we sincerely appreciate all feedback from our customers. Without you bringing issues like this to our attention, we would never be able to solve and fix the issues. Thank you.
susanb65
11/26/14

This is one of the worst companies I have EVER dealt with!! DO NOT send your items to them!!! They make it sound so easy!! Just put everything in this bag, sent it and we'll take care of the rest! RIGHT!! I stupidly sent 5 new designer handbags over 2 months ago. Two weeks after I sent them I got an e-mail saying they received my bags. They said they would be listed online in 7-10 days. It's been SIX WEEKS!! The bags are still not on the website!! I've written them numerous e-mails and gotten false promises time after time!! I wish I would have read these reviews BEFORE I sent them in. I'm talking almost $1000 value!! I'm so furious with this company. I will never buy from them either. I don't buy from a place I don't trust and I don't trust THREADFLIP!!!

debbied20
11/16/14

There was no response for 6 weeks after mailing my clothes. I e-mailed them regarding this and later that day received 2 e-mails one saying they had received my clothes and one rejecting the entire lot due to strong odors and stains. Bothe e-mails were at the exact same time. The clothes were clean and unstained when I sent them 6 weeks ago. I have requested they be returned free of charge. I will not use this site again. I believe they either lost them or had them in poor conditions.

marlisen
11/15/14

I find THREADFLIP to be one of the worse online consignment apps out there. First, half of the time I've had issues with there tracking system. I ship, and it doesn't update. I have to email which can take up to 72 hours to receive a reply. Then payments have not been released in a timely fashion but they have there 20 percent COMISSION for doing nothing. Latest is 3 days to transfer proceeds to PayPal and I still have not received my money. Tradesy by far has the best customer service and actually responds to their buyers. Poshmark is my second favorite as my payments have always been timely and buyer pays shipping and not deducted from proceeds like THREADFLIP does. After I receive my funds, I'm done with this horrible app forever.

jena19
11/5/14

On 11/5, I wrote a review giving this site 3 stars. The positive stars were for great customer service and great experiences selling.

I recently had an issue which I find very disturbing. I vowed to tell my story if the issue wasn't handled in a satisfactory manner.

About a month ago, I sold a Michael Kors Bracelet, NWT. I shipped in out 2 hours after the it was purchased. (Keep in mind a seller has 7 days to ship an item). I've sold over 100 items on this site without a problem. I ship via USPS and my packages have always arrived on time.

On the 8th day, I received a message from the buyer asking where her bracelet was. Confused, I looked into the tracking and the tracking clearly stated that the Post Office had made a mistake and working to rectify the issue. I contact my local Post Office immediately and then the buyer. In the mean time, the buyer started sending me emails stating she wanted her bracelet or her money. She accused me of being shady and altering the postal service tracking because I had made a mistake. The last message I received stated all of the tracking information was gone and she knew I had the item.

Despite all the craziness, I explained to her that there is no possible way I could alter tracking information and that I had made a phone call and assured her that the item would be delivered on the next business day. (This all started on Friday into Saturday)

Sunday evening, I receive an email from Threadflip stating that I had cancelled the transaction. Irate, I emailed Threadflip asking them how they could possibly cancel a transaction while it was in-transit. Before I received a reply, the bracelet was delivered early Monday.

The Threadflip rep told me that it "appeared" the item had been returned to me. Clearly their reps don't check tracking information or know how to read it. She included a link to the tracking information.

I went back and forth with this rep for days. 8 days after purchasing the item, Threadflip cancelled an item in-transit. When I demanded my money, I was told that they were giving the buyer a chance to return the item and she would "sometime next week when she returned home".

Totally unacceptable. Threadflip makes the mistake and gives an inpatient buyer their money back, than expected me to wait 1-2 weeks for the item to be shipped back to me.
Threadflip should have reimbursed me and taken possession of the item if the buyer returned it.

After a week of hearing nothing, I sent another irate email to "my rep". Hours later I had a tracking number.

I received the bracelet today. The buyer threw the bracelet into the poly bag I shipped it in but didn't bother to secure the bubble wrap to protect the bracelet. I now have a $165 bracelet that is "New with Defects".

I was told to contact Threadflip if there were any issues with the bracelet. It's not worth my time. I've made them a chunk of money. I should have been treated better. No one should have to deal with this nonsense. I'll use the energy I'd be wasting if I contacted them regarding the condition of my bracelet to tell me story.

Who ever is in charge over there really needs to wake up. The sight is flooded with fake items. Thinking of buying Betsey Johnson? There's a seller who has an "in" with Betsey's factory in China. All the items she sells as authentic, can be purchased on ebay from as low as $0.49. I still have the message from Threadflip stating that since she has good reviews, they will not take action. As I stated in my original post, sure she has good reviews. She offers free items for every item sold. Gives huge discounts on garbage and makes people who don't know the brand think they are getting a great deal. She's scammed hundreds of users. Threadflip even uses her story on their homepage.

I've had it. They can feel free to shut down my account. It's just one more honest, ethical seller they will push away to make room for the bottom feeding scammers.

nataliey
9/4/14

IN SHORT, THREADFLIP STOLE FROM ME. FULL STORY BELOW-

Threadflip is relatively similar to other online thrifting sites, save for that it allows you to list items yourself and receive a higher percentage of the selling price. the other option is known as "full-service" where you put your garments into a bag and send them off to threadflip to list them and ship them as sold, the cost being a lower cut of the sale price.

I had listed quite a few items myself and had some fairly quick success, in total flipping 8 items in about 2 months.

The problem was when I was finally just wished to get the garments out of my house and make space, I opted for the "full service" option. Threadflip had recently expanded and had hired what they called "an off site warehouse" (aka an idiot with a camera) to send my garments and list them. When the items were listed-
1. the photography was amatuer and was absolutely not indicative of the garments
2. the employee had several misspellings in the brand names and descriptions
3. there was little to no logic behind which garments were chosen to be listed and which were not
4. The items were mispriced...a Preen blouse was said to have been originally $200 and was listed at $57. an easy google search wouldve shown this blouse was nearly $600.

I asked for my items to be unlisted and returned to me. There is no listed number or support hotline. the old contact phone listed in yellow pages for them is no longer working. Therefore, you send an email and you MAYBE get a response 24-72 hours later, usually vaguely addressing one of multiple questions.

I was first told that they would personally list my items with the "experts" at headquarters. I urged them to return my property as I still felt a distrust for any company performing little to no screening on off site employees. Then I was told my items had already been sent to headquarters....
again, I urged them to return them to me and to please deactivate the incorrect listings on their site to avoid selling things at a ridiculously low cost. When you use "full service" you have no control over your listings...In the meantime, an Isabel Marant peasant top sold for a mere $36 due to the incorrect pricing. Instead of declining the order, which sellers are able to do when listing their own products, threadflip went ahead and sold and shipped it without my permission after having asked for its return.

after numerous scathing emails with little to no significant response, I was forced to threaten a lawsuit for my stolen property. this didnt seem to make a difference, but I was finally given a tracking number on my package that had been heaven knows where. It was a false tracking number. after many days of further harassment I received an actual tracking number. it took over a month to get my property back....and when I did-
ONLY SOME OF IT WAS THERE. additionally, it was mailed back in such poor condition in the original taped and opened and taped again bag, that a brand new pair of moschino pumps with suede bottoms were permanently scuffed.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site

Response from Laura S., ThreadFlip Representative
Hi Natalie,

We are terribly upset that you had such a bad experience using Full Service. With feedback from customers like yourself, we are continually making strides to better the offering. Customer experiences like yours help us understand how we should approach our growth.

Your review is very thorough and we appreciate your feedback. Rest assured that we are rigorously ramping up our customer service team in order to offer our community an elevated experience across the site.

Our customer service team is doing everything we can to rectify situations like yours. We do appreciate your patience through our growth and hope you will give Threadflip a try again in the near future.

Best,

Laura

Do not give up, keep calling and emailing. Try filing a complaint with Better Business Bureau .

By Claire L.

Thank you Marlise i been doing tradesy which is way better to me only thing is i haven't sold anything yet.and poshmark is new to my ear so i will be checking them out. Now Ms Angela B you are right about them priceing unfairly i do believe that they should get in trouble for this its not right that they make way more money and the person who took their time to send in there items dont even get to see half of that. plus get this my donated they said they sent. was truely not sent because i ask for a tax receipt from the goodwill they give the clothing to and they told me they would have them sent it in 2 weeks. still nothing and i contacted them about this and now i'm not getting a response back very upset. i feel like i should contact the bbb and report them. shut down shop is what needs to happen for to many ppl get suckered in

By chantell s.

If you list the items yourself rather than use full service, you can have a little more control over how much things go for. Just be aware that Threadflip DOES have TERRIBLE customer service AND take a WHOPPING 20% of your money AND you have to pay your own shipping fees. Plus, they don't get tons of traffic so get ready to man the site for more than a year before you sell everything. Ebay is faster.

By Jadiem A.

I have an attorney looking into this company. They will keep your items and tell you they are 'lost', or were 'accidentally donated, but can we issue you a credit?' --which will be way below what your items were worth. Trust the reviews-this company is shady to say the least.

By Kacey S.

They tracking update sucks and reason I closed my closet. Poor customer service and no care for sellers. Try tradesy or POSHMARK, much better platforms and tradesy fees are way less than this trashy app.

By Marlise N.

I submitted a BBB report and TF did not even respond

By Beth S.

You can also leave them a message at this voicemail only phone number 1-877-751-3547. I have never had the experience of being called back, but I have noticed that my e-mails were responded to more quickly after I left a message on the voicemail. Until then it had been about 10 days of waiting for an email response. Since leaving a voicemail, I have absolutely noticed faster responses to my emails. Before find that phone number and it was NOT easy to find, I was very frustrated with the extremely long delays on e-mail.

By Jadiem A.

Hey there, The item did not have valid tracking numbers and our support team reach out to you on an update on shipment. We unfortunately did not hear back so we did refund the buyer at the buyer's request. Our support team has emailed you with the next steps.

By Laura S., ThreadFlip Representative

Hey Susan, Please write to support@threadflip.com so they can look up the status of your kit via the email you write in with.

By Laura S., ThreadFlip Representative

Questions? Get answers from the ThreadFlip staff and other customers.

ThreadFlip?