Review of ThreadFlip

San Francisco, CA 94107, US
support@threadflip.com

naomig6
7/21/15

This company is shady at best. I did not order anything from them and they charged my CC. What shady practices are you conducting, Threadflip? I input my CC info for future purchases and they charged me $65 for goodness knows what. What an awful rip off of a company. Beware once you put your CC info in for possible future purchases {again I have not made one yet} there is no way to remove it or change it.

amyh69
6/30/15

I sent Threadflip a Full Service bag of items to sell. They refused to take some of the 100% authentic Tiffany & Co. jewelry because they said that it was "counterfeit." It is not. I have asked them to return all of my items free of charge multiple times and I never get a response. Sellers: DO NOT send your items to Threadflip. I have used their competitors ThredUp and MaterialWrld and they are much, much better. They clearly have no ability to tell whether goods are real or fake.

lisab141
6/28/15

I'm very unsettled that Threadflip sold a Martin Margiela NWT dress of mine (that I sent them via the Full Service Kit) FOR ONLY $20 of which I only received $4.99 after all commissions were taken.

I pulled down all of the items that I could minus the ones they had for their Full Service Kit. I wonder if they'll sell my NWT Dolce and Gabbana dress for $20. A crying shame.

Going to Buffalo Exchange and Crossroads Trading would be less insulting and those stores are infamous for their poor payouts.

Stay away until they get it together with better commissions and price points. If they don't get it together, then I predict they will go the way of the dodo bird (as they should).

Shame on you, Threadflip. You need to keep your sellers happy.

jr118
6/26/15

What a joke. I'm sorry I didn't read these reviews before buying. They allow people to post fakes, and then offer a lame third party verification company that never actually looks at the item live to authenticate it. Caveat emptor - crap sold online and the site will never back you up.

cindyj27
6/19/15

they don't list a number on their site to be contacted, they don't have an address or office location. i sent them 3 bags of clothes, shoes, watches and purses. and 1 month later, i wrote them ask what's going on with my bags of goods. they say that they haven't processes yet, and later, they told me they couldn't find the bags of my goods. the tracking info shows my bags were delivered to them way long time ago, they just want to keep the goods to themselves. these people are liars, damn f××k sh*ts, they will be punished, bad karma and shame on threadflip.

sarahd75
6/9/15

I sent in some great tops (from anthropologie) and jeans (from lucky and juicy couture) They stated they could not sell them because of visible wear (these items had NEVER been worn) and then to get them back you have to pay the return shipping or they get to keep them (they say donate but I've never received a notice for my tax records that I made this donation!) definitely a way for them to get clothing for themselves!

connieg12
6/4/15

They lost my package of 2 Michael Kors handbags, 2 Coach bags (a rare and a vintage) and other assorted items and only wanted to reimburse me $300 dollars. They sent me multiple emails saying they receivedy package but never posted my items. After three months they admitted losing them. Their insurance is not adequate and they do not readily info that their insurance only covers $300 value. Do yourself a favor and do not use!

clairel17
6/2/15

This is a totally misleading site. I sent them designer items in excellent condition, first it took them forever to acknowledge receipt and then nothing for two weeks and finally after emailing them several times, I got a response that they were not accepted due to visual wear...what wear....they were almost brand new. Total waste of time.

ms191
6/1/15

I sent 16 pair of new with tags J.Crew jeans & pants , a week later I emailed if they received them they stated they did not , I sent them the tracking number stating they were dropped off a week ago & they magically appeared. Then they stated they only received 15 pairs of pants ? they also stated that 4 pair were not expectable, So I had to pay 10.00 to have them sent back to me or I could donate them .I wanted them back so I can see which pair are missing (or stolen) all pants were between 89.00-156.00 each .A total of over 1600.00 they are selling the pants for 28.00 each That's crazy so I will get less than 125.00 if all the pants sell

candacel3
6/1/15

First off, I should have read the reviews before I ordered!! I am a new customer. My first order was a full service item. It shipped within 2-3 business days, but got stuck in shipping for a while. When I messaged customer service about it, they told me I needed to call USPS. Why should I have to call when they are the ones to ship out the product? I don't believe it should be my responsibility to have to do that, but thankfully I received the package and didn't have to deal with the hassle of figuring it out myself

I gave Threadflip the benefit of the doubt and placed another order for a full service item. After it didn't ship within 2-3 business days (as per website), I sent a few messages. After I didn't receive replies, I found the customer service contact on the website and sent an email. Their response was "We are experiencing delays, please allow 5 business days". I have been in customer service over 10 years and can totally understand. I waited more than 6 business days and messaged again. The rep told me she would check on it and get back to me by end of the week. Still no response! Again, I had to follow up today. It's been two weeks and it still hasn't shipped. I asked for a refund and am canceling my account! I have never had such a horrible experience with a customer service dept and shipping. I can see why customer service is backed up. All the complaints! Thankfully, I work for a bank and know my rights. Dispute your items, people!!!

pjs6
5/30/15

I sent several items, including a new Lord&Taylor item ON its original hanger, WITH tags, as well as several pair of shoes I'd thought I could wear after foot surgery but alas, still could not. They returned two blouses "for cleaning" although they were new, and they reeked of -- sweat? cigarette smoke? (I don't smoke), as if someone wore them. No response until today to several messages, saying that FOUR items were being returned (ahem, again, TWO) and that no shoes were received in the shipment!! We are talking hundreds of dollars lost here to theft by deception. Believe me, I will be taking legal action. Do NOT do business with this company -- which by the way denied I'd sent earlier messages.

marlas9
5/29/15

First purchase and the bag arrives and it reeks of cigarette smoke. So Bad it can't come out of the box or it would stink up the house. I can not tolerate that smell. Emailed the seller with zero response and have sent two messages to custome service, again no response. When someone is unhappy there should be immediate response. I will never use this site ever again. I will only stick with Thredup from now on!!!

staciea
5/26/15

I sure wish I had seen these reviews before I sent 8 pairs of shoes in. All designer, including Gucci, most had not been worn. Took forever for them to process my shoes and then I was told nothing was accepted. I told them I wanted them returned. Just got one pair today and I'm feeling I may never see the rest. Just sick! Don't do business with these people!!

chantells1
5/22/15

i have a lot of bigger size clothes before i slim down so i was looking where i could sell the old to get the new a couple site came up but i decide to go with this one Biggest mistake. i sent in my bag at the end of march 2015 now when they get your bag they should send you an email just to let you know they have it. i never got one so i contacted them myself they told me they receive it(mid April) and will process it shortly.3 weeks went by i get a email saying to please be patient because they didn't have enough team members. now may 22, 2015 they email me to say nothing in my bag was accepted because of odor and wear n tear.first of all i'm not going to send in clothes that i just took off i made sure i wash them again before i put them in the bag plus i sent in 3 items that had price tags on them so why was these items not counted. to me this is a scam you'll lose out and they win. how do we know that there really takeing them clothes to be donated. no discount or nothing just a thank and send more clothing. not me i'm done if i want my clothes to be donated i'll take them to salvation army myself they should least send YOUR clothes back for free. now all that time for me just wasted i lost clothes i could have tried to sell myself and if i want new clothes that fit try to save up for a coulpe of outfits which in my case is going to be very hard.hope this help anyone trying to use this site BE CAREFULLY AND BE WISE

wendys44
5/21/15

My first experience/purchase was great, no issues. Easy and fast. My second purchase not so much. My item was sent not only to a wrong address, but the wrong state. Shortly after I made my second purchase (before I knew there was an issue) I purchased a very expensive purse. They put the incorrect delivery address AGAIN and the item was sent back to Threadflip. After a month I am still trying to get a refund/solution for both items.
BEYOND DISAPPOINTED. DISGUSTED

guyd18
5/16/15

I have been a full service seller on thread flip for almost a year now. In the beginning it was super easy to send them stuff and then a week or so later they would post your stuff and my stuff would sell super fast. Since around January of 2015 I have had COUNTLESS problems. First they took over 2 months to process through one buy and when asked about my items I only got vague answers. I still used them though due to them taking photos and measurements and also promoting and selling fast. Well now in May i am having some HUGE issues. First off i tried to cash out to paypal and it didn't go through for over a week, so i decided to email them about it. They emailed me back saying that i have another account and i need to close to to get money into paypal... OK thats fine i don't even remember creating another account. They then suspended the account with over 7k worth of full service items posted and my money from paypal still pending plus money from orders that had not finished up. I have to email them 4 times and a week later they finally got my account up.. but still no money in paypal.. It as been now 3 weeks since i tried to cash out multiple times and I still don't have my money and it needs to be fixed.Every time I have emailed they say it is "pending". NOT ACCEPTABLE, Also these days almost nothing ever sells on the site. They need to get a phone number so i can actually speak to a person rather then wait weeks for them to email back.

danielley2
5/9/15

This app cheats you I sent some stuff new with tag and over 100.00 they took 95 % commission out and i got 3.00 back like wtf your such a greedy app. Also this app should be off the market I hate it

laurens121
5/1/15

I sent them my items and did not receive word for over a month. I reached out to them and was told them had my items and they were still processing. When I looked at my items online they were pried ridiculously low. I just received $4.80 for never worn Banana Republic flats that are still currently selling. WHAT?!?!?! The descriptions written with the items are terrible and the "retail price" listed on one of my items is about $60 shy of what I paid...and I wore them once.
I wish I had not sent any of my items. I would make more money if I brought them to a local consigner or sold on Ebay. I hope my other items don't sell so I can get them back.

bonniem39
4/29/15

Wow, I wish I would have seen these reviews before I purchased from them. I bought a pair of Burberry slingbacks for my niece. The ad indicated that they were a size 10.5 and they converted the 40.5 to a US 10.5. WRONG -- size 8,5 was the size and then the ad said light marks on heels -- light is not the word I would use. I wish I could include pictures. Customer service is refusing to take care of this. They say she used the Burberry conversion chart -- okay then why did they indicate 10.5 in two spots and say they are 10.5. Like I would purposely buy a shoe that was two sizes too small after they said it was the one I wanted. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!! Terrible customer service.

stephaniek37
4/24/15

Wish I had read these reviews before sending over $4500 worth of clothing in their "full service kit." Never heard from them. It's been over two months. After a dozen emails saying it was "processing", I learned that ALL of my items got delivered to the wrong address. This is odd because they have a prepaid shipping label on the bag. After learning that my items were never in fact "processed" they informed me that I will be getting $300 for my $4500 items and cannot ever get them back. Essentially, sounds like someone at Threadflip is walking around with Manolo Blahniks and many other designer items.

kaceys1
4/18/15

I decided to try the full service. Sent in a huge box of great designer clothing, some nwt. It took them 2 months to list the ones they kept, they informed me bia email that the bulk of my items were not sellable. ?? I paid the $10 to get the items sent back to me. Waited a month, then when i inquired where they were, was told they were "accidentally" donated. Yeah right. Threadflip, in my opinion, kept them. This so called business is extremely shady. I am looking into filing suit against them now. There are plenty of reputable sites out there ladies, but Threadflip is not one of them.

staceym26
4/9/15

Do not use this site! I've had several issues: 1- order that was paid and accepted was canceled over a week after transaction completed and money kept that long, 2- no response from several sellers when attempted communication about possible purchase, terrible customer service when contacted about issues, slow shipping. Don't bother!

terrie26
4/4/15

Don't use this site. I sent a bag full of clothes. Very expensive clothes. They were never listed. One had $198 price tag on it. No response to my email. Rip off! I'm out!! Don't buy or sell anything on their site.

Response from Laura S., ThreadFlip Representative
Hey Terri, I am sorry if you think we did not respond to your email. I see our team responded to your email on Wednesday and we just followed up with you again. Please check your spam folder if you are not seeing these emails :)
laurenm36
3/31/15

I purchased a Louie Vuitton cosmetic bag that was "authentic"...NOT. The lining of authentic LV's is cloth...this one is PLASTIC!!! Very disappointed.

STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT USING THIS SITE!

Response from Laura S., ThreadFlip Representative
Hey Lauren, We are sorry to hear of this and Threadflip does not support the sales of counterfeit items on our site. Please right into our customer support team so we can help you with a return/refund. We are here to make this right for you.
caitlinh
3/23/15

I did my own listings with Threadflip for several months and am horrified at how this is actually legal -- I wanted to do a return for a buyer, so their official customer service account had me send the funds plus shipping via paypal to threadflip's email with a note of the order number and told me I'd get the funds for that transaction after the successful return. THEY THEN KEPT THE ORIGINAL FUNDS "since the item was returned." I have no idea how that makes sense -- the buyer got their money back, but now I'm out $65 and am back where I started with an item to sell. Definitely won't be using Threadflip, though.

Response from Laura S., ThreadFlip Representative
Hey Caitilin,

I believe the customer support team reached out to you regarding this and clarified the confusion. Do you have additional concerns?

Do not give up, keep calling and emailing. Try filing a complaint with Better Business Bureau .

By Claire L.

Thank you Marlise i been doing tradesy which is way better to me only thing is i haven't sold anything yet.and poshmark is new to my ear so i will be checking them out. Now Ms Angela B you are right about them priceing unfairly i do believe that they should get in trouble for this its not right that they make way more money and the person who took their time to send in there items dont even get to see half of that. plus get this my donated they said they sent. was truely not sent because i ask for a tax receipt from the goodwill they give the clothing to and they told me they would have them sent it in 2 weeks. still nothing and i contacted them about this and now i'm not getting a response back very upset. i feel like i should contact the bbb and report them. shut down shop is what needs to happen for to many ppl get suckered in

By chantell s.

If you list the items yourself rather than use full service, you can have a little more control over how much things go for. Just be aware that Threadflip DOES have TERRIBLE customer service AND take a WHOPPING 20% of your money AND you have to pay your own shipping fees. Plus, they don't get tons of traffic so get ready to man the site for more than a year before you sell everything. Ebay is faster.

By Jadiem A.

I have an attorney looking into this company. They will keep your items and tell you they are 'lost', or were 'accidentally donated, but can we issue you a credit?' --which will be way below what your items were worth. Trust the reviews-this company is shady to say the least.

By Kacey S.

They tracking update sucks and reason I closed my closet. Poor customer service and no care for sellers. Try tradesy or POSHMARK, much better platforms and tradesy fees are way less than this trashy app.

By Marlise N.

I submitted a BBB report and TF did not even respond

By Beth S.

You can also leave them a message at this voicemail only phone number 1-877-751-3547. I have never had the experience of being called back, but I have noticed that my e-mails were responded to more quickly after I left a message on the voicemail. Until then it had been about 10 days of waiting for an email response. Since leaving a voicemail, I have absolutely noticed faster responses to my emails. Before find that phone number and it was NOT easy to find, I was very frustrated with the extremely long delays on e-mail.

By Jadiem A.

Hey there, The item did not have valid tracking numbers and our support team reach out to you on an update on shipment. We unfortunately did not hear back so we did refund the buyer at the buyer's request. Our support team has emailed you with the next steps.

By Laura S., ThreadFlip Representative

Hey Susan, Please write to support@threadflip.com so they can look up the status of your kit via the email you write in with.

By Laura S., ThreadFlip Representative

Questions? Get answers from the ThreadFlip staff and other customers.

ThreadFlip?