The Credit People reviews

Tel: 866-382-3410

1 Review From Our Community

ms423
6/11/17

DO NOT TRUST THEM! SEARCH ALL OVER THE WEB FOR THE SCAM!

My husband and I signed up with them. Paid them for first month and they didn't do a thing for the initial small payment. They wait to bill you and start charging you about $100 a month and at that point they put your info on their site. So far it looks legit, right?

Got charged about $100 (for my husband and I) and they finally send out disputes. Our credit is loaded with accounts that can be disputed. They only dispute some of our accounts (according to what we can tell from the site) and nothing came off the credit. We gave it another month. Nothing was done after that yet they kept charging us money.

We call to get help but they say we are just in sales and can't help you. We must call another number now where nobody has ever answered. Email to ask what is going on no replies. We found another email address they say is for customer service only the emails bounce back as undeliverable.

Got billed the next month for nothing. We emailed them to stop stealing money from us and close our account as per their guarantee. No response. Raised hell and finally got someone on the phone after non stop calling attempts. They say it's a mistake and they won't charge us the next month but they still did. They promised to do the disputes. Nothing again.

By now we are furious and demanded to close our account and refund us as their guarantee says. Nothing happened. They said they only got one credit report for me although I sent all three and my husbands they got one supposedly. They sounded like they were telling the truth and really wanted to help. We gave them another chance (why I don't know).

Third month nothing again except we got alerted from LifeLock now that our credit is being used out of state and it's not us (funny it was attempted to be used in the same state they are in). LifeLock suspected fraud on our credit report. We froze our credit and have a claim through them.

We finally got The Credit People on the phone after many more weeks of emailing them. They claim they don't know why someone is trying to use our social security number (in their state too) and suggested to leave the freeze on our credit. We demanded they close our account and return the money they defrauded us out of. They said they'd be willing to only return one payment. THAT HAS STILL NOT BEEN RETURNED AND WE WERE BILLED AGAIN.

WE'VE PAID THEM NEARLY $600 IT'S ALL BEEN A WASTE! NOTHING REMOVED FROM THE CREDIT AND NOW SOMEONE IS TRYING TO USE OUR CREDIT.

IF YOU'VE GIVEN THESE PEOPLE YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER ALREADY AND THEY'VE PUT EVEN A SINGLE CHARGE ON YOUR CREDIT CARD, LET THE NIGHTMARE BEGIN. FILE POLICE REPORTS IF THEY'VE SCAMMED YOU!

WE FINALLY REPORTED THE CREDIT CARD AS BEING BILLED FRAUDULENTLY BY THE CREDIT PEOPLE. WE BLOCKED THE CREDIT CARD.

SIX MONTHS OF HEADACHE AND FRAUD AND NO MONEY BACK AND NOW WE CAN'T EVEN GET THEM ON THE PHONE.

Don't fall for this scam. ANY POSITIVE REVIEWS HAS TO BE FROM THEM! Search all over the web to see their complaints as they are all too familiar. THIS APPEARS TO BE ANOTHER CREDIT REPAIR SCAM WITH A LEGITIMATE LOOKING WEBSITE. PUT YOUR CREDIT CARD IN, GIVE THEM YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

We've reported them to the authorities. THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM, WATCH OUT!

Their website is www.thecreditpeople.com - TOTAL FRAUD SCAM!

Response from Veronica C., The Credit People Representative
We do appreciate your feedback, and we are so sorry to hear you were not pleased with our service. We do care about all of our customers, and would never want any of them to not be satisfied. Based on your review, it sounds like there was definitely a misunderstanding. I am the Customer Service Manager, and I can try to clarify for you based on your review, but without knowing who you and your husband are, I am not able to look up your accounts to assist you further. If you would be willing to provide that information, I would be happy to look into each of your accounts, and come to a resolution. Credit Repair in general is not a fast process since we are held to the legal time frames of the bureaus. The average credit repair is about 6-8 months. The reason we do rounds of disputes that include a portion of your negative accounts, is based on our 16 years of experience in learning the best strategies to get our customers the best results we can. If you dispute your entire report at one time, when the bureaus see that, it appears you are not taking responsibility for any negative marks on your reports and they typically do not investigate those accounts individually. When consumers take the approach of disputing their entire report, they typically just receive a generic letter from the bureaus saying all or most of the accounts are accurate. Our goal is to get our customers the best results we possibly can and that is why we take the approach we do. We have been able to help thousands of customers to repair their credit, and we would like to do the same for you if you would be willing to let us know your names so we can look into your accounts further for you. We appreciate your time, and hope you have a nice day! - The Credit People

Questions? Get answers from the The Credit People staff and other customers.

The Credit People?