TheCoverCompany.co.uk reviews

1 Review From Our Community

brians16
6/10/11

Shown as being an English supplier,and giving every indication as such, this business actually buys the car covers from America.I paid £366 incl postage from UK to me in Germany.
3 weeks later the customs in Germany get in touch and state that a car cover from America is awaiting import duty to be paid 100klms (60mls) away in their customs shed and every day that they keep it there will be another charge!
I got in touch with Mr.Dash who runs this company, all he could say was that this had never happened before, and that i should pay the duty and he'd send it to me,
but i have to travel 60mls to pay it? no, not after paying already the full price incl postage.
The customs said also that the only way i could get out of the daily charge already amounting, was for them to send it back to the states.I said ok send it back. WHAT A SAGA!
I told Dash that i have returned it and for him to chase it up, another two weeks and five more phone calls to him, he keeps saying the states have not returned his emails etc etc.
After the last call i gave up, Six weeks this has taken , i said ok forget it and give me a refund, he said he was very happy to do this and seemed not to care about all the trouble he's put me to, he refunded the money and of course left me without the cover. He just didn't care, customer service? i don't think so.
If i think about it, my analyst of this is that i think he tried to maximise his profit by having the american co send it direct to me, but it slipped his mind that German customs charge import duty.One very unhappy customer!!!

Questions? Get answers from the TheCoverCompany.co.uk staff and other customers.

TheCoverCompany.co.uk?