Review of The House

178,950 reviews with 2 stars

emilyc279
Emily C.
5/15/19

I was unable to checkout with my preferred method of paypal, which is typically what I use the first time I order from a new site. The checkout process simply hangs forever and does not go through, with paypal. Had to use a credit card, which I'm very unhappy about.

michaelj298
Michael J.
4/30/19

Bought a bike yesterday and paid, only to have been informed today that the bike was sold out and had to be refunded the money. Missed out on the bike I wanted and was forced to fork over more money for a similar but different bike. Hopefully this one will go through, otherwise I won’t be coming back

seans351
sean s.
4/29/19

it was good but i don't know why i didn't get free shipping on a pair of 435 dollar skis but thats pretty lame

stevee101
steve E.
4/5/19

The site offered free shipping but upon checking out I was advised that I needed to pay shipping. I contacted customer service and they agreed that the item stated free shipping but it "must be a mistake" and were unwilling to stand behind what THEIR site stated.

joed197
Joe D.
3/28/19

You gave me a code to get a discount and the you said it was no good. Why bother. I tried entering my information 4 times before you accepted it

sherris84
Sherri S.
3/13/19

Easy to search and filter. Nice photos. The jacket I bought was a bit too small. I was told not to do an exchange - that it's better to do a return and re-purchase in the new size.

I will not be buying any clothing from The House again, as return shipping is not covered, and exchanges are not really done. Too difficult and risky.

kellih51
Kelli h.
3/13/19

Pop up with additional 5% off, said to redeem at checkout, which I tried twice, and that didn’t work. Still ordered my item, But I really wish those pop-ups would not be presented if they really don’t work.

wesj18
Wes J.
2/22/19

It would NOT take a Paypal balance payment, even though I had a good balance.........!!! sat and churned and churned, even with cookies turned off!!

emanueles3
Emanuele S.
2/20/19

the first time I ordered my card got charged three times, then the order cancelled. I finally fixed it via phone with Tabitha who was helpful

codys89
cody s.
2/19/19

would not honor my code of perkspot15 even though it says that you will honor it on already discounted items.

mikeg658
Mike G.
2/11/19

Tried to check out on Chrome - browser came back with error after submission and had to enter information into safari in order to get the order to work.

lukef34
Luke F.
2/8/19

Where is my medium size pant in Daphne color!!! AHHHH!!! OMG wtf..Its not there!!!!!!!!! I have to order small and loose my beer gut!!!!!!!! WHY? I am a Coloradan!

nicholasn57
Nicholas N.
2/5/19

I had a discount code for 5% off and it said it was validated, but didn't get me 5%. I even have a picture of the code saying it's worth 5%. Other than that I would give 5 stars because I live chat guy was awesome helping me out.

carld165
Carl D.
1/31/19

I did not get the right size boots, had to return. And I was promised two-day shipping, but I got regular shipping which took five days.

michaels2032
Michael S.
1/28/19

you offered me a 5% discount before I left the site and then told me that it was invalid because the product was 2019. Pretty poor and deceiving.

denism79
Denis M.
1/27/19

All my jackets are medium or large .but this coat .i figure i would order a large but it was very very to big i figure they have put the wrong ticket it should be an XXL .that's what my brother wear usually and it fit on him good .so no way it was a large

jonathano28
Jonathan O.
1/26/19

Well, I have my reasons for being frustrated. But, I will tell you Nick in the bike shop, the tall guy with curly blond hair, was great.

matthewn45
Matthew N.
1/19/19

Bought the wrong size helmet. Went to return for a larger size, but was told that it was out of stock. Just buying the correct size now since I luckily stumbled upon it

kyles208
Kyle S.
1/15/19

I placed an order and called 5 minutes later to change the order to the correct bindings. After a 20 minute hold I was told I couldn't change the order........... are you kidding me.

jennifern209
Jennifer N.
1/14/19

Had to start over; first time ordering with Paypal didn't work well. I was trying to send this package to my work address as my home porch isn't safe for large packages...not sure if that was the issue or not. Had to go back into Paypal, add my work address officially, then go back to your site.

thomaso88
Thomas O.
1/8/19

Anthony never answered my chat question.... trying to find out the lowest cost wicking underwear for extreme cold weather skiing and hiking....

trishak12
Trisha k.
1/5/19

1 day shipping was $34.99, so I shopped for more. Then to find out that shipping jumped to $69.99. Not impressed...

cecilioj
Cecilio J.
12/31/18

So many errors trying to check out. Very slow loading when trying to purchase compared to the product pages loading so quickly.

jeanettek19
Jeanette K.
12/29/18

I hate when companies won't ship to po boxes. Doesn't make any sense and for a lot of us it's our only choice. Now I have to rely on a company address. Hope my package doesn't get lost. It's a big place!

jasond294
Jason D.
12/27/18

The site has a crazy amount of bugs. The bindings I purchased listed 2 different sizes "L/XL" and "L/XL (9-14)" but the "L/XL (9-14)" were actually out of stock. I spoke with a customer rep and was told that it was a 'entry error' and that the "L/XL" were actually in stock. As this may be the case, this is just and example of how it may be difficult for a user to navigate the site without assistance from a rep.

Questions? Get answers from the The House staff and other customers.

4 Photos for The House