TFCU

TFCU has a consumer rating of 1 star from 1 review indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases.

How would you rate TFCU?

“Stay Away from El Paso Teacher's Credit Union”

Kimberly S.
2/13/18

I am a financial professional and have been a member of TFCU for nearly 40 years. However, I am now moving my business elsewhere. Why? Well, quite simply, because they are liars who no longer care about their long-time members. Briefly - I have a small partnership which rents out small residential and commercial buildings. TFCU holds the mortgage on one of them. With falling interest rates we were looking at a refinance. We sent TFCU all the application information requested. Their response was in the negative and their stated reason was "Based on our analysis, you would be unable to make the new payments". Since we are currently paying nearly twice the required payment on the current loan which is 25% more than the new payment would be; the company has had a profit every year for the past 4 years; and we've paid down a $75,000 20-year loan by more than 50% in 7 years, the "reason" simply doesn't hold water. The only conclusion is that they were incapable of properly/accurately evaluating the information in their own loan system and the application, OR they simply didn't want to refinance at a lower rate because they would make less money. Either way, it's a problem. While this is not the ONLY problem we've experienced in the past few years, it IS the straw that broke the Camel's back. We are actively looking for a new financial institution.

kimberlys79
February 13th, 2018

We are actively looking for a new financial institution.

Questions? Get answers from the TFCU staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TFCU?

Have a question about TFCU?