Review of Tel2name

Hong Kong
Tel: 1465491614

cindyd56
10/30/16

Don't waste your time with this site. I have lived in my very small town all of my life and know most of the families here. When I entered the number that I was interested in, I didn't recognize a single one of hundreds of the last names that popped up. I knew then that this site was phony, but, just to check things out, I entered fourteen of the names into pipl and spokeo, and both of those sites showed a "0 results found."

I suspect this is some sort of phishing site, but I know for certain that it is NOT accurate. Not even .001% accurate. It's just made-up information with made up names.

Tip for consumers: Don't even waste your time.

rw53
10/26/16

DO NOT GO THERE, TOTALLY BOGUS PHISHING SITE FROM CHINESE COMMUNISTS, USE YOUR COMMON SENSE

heidij7
9/8/16

I wanted to see if the information they provided was accurate, so I looked up my number which I have had a good 10 years and not only was it not my name it was the wrong gender and the wrong ethniticity!!! What a SCAM!!!!!!

terencew14
2/20/16

I dont know where they are getting their phone number correlation. None of the phone numbers listed match the individuals. I looked up several phone numbers that I have possessed over 10 years, and they came back listed to other people. Avoid this site. Its only a scam to get your hard earned money

gracel31
12/11/15

All lies. A waste of time, money and a website. Scam run by Spokeo.

kenl37
9/27/15

spokeo is behind tel2name as well as this site. check out the bottom of this page. this site is as goog as tel2name.

johnk160
4/23/15

Every name is wrong.

I looked up people who have had the same number for 30+ years, and they all came up wrong.

Don't waste your time here!

laurien
3/25/15

These phone numbers are ALL incorrect. The page authors must simply be trying to rack up clicks.

mlg1
3/24/15

Like other reviews, look up numbers you know and you will find every one of them with wrong information. I'm not sure they are even worth one star.

lv28
3/1/15

As noted in previous reviews, none of the info is correct. Much like 411.com, which is supposed to be correct, but isn't. Pure junk.

olsemw
2/20/15

I checked a dozen phone numbers, and the names of the people were all wrong. Also, notice how none of the names are company names, only individuals. The city names are accurate, though. I can't imagine what the purpose of this site is, except to harvest phone numbers from you to sell to telemarketers. One way to avoid entering your actual number is to type the first 6 digits into the address bar, then when it loads the page, use the "find" function (Control+F) to look for your last 4 digits.

mikes269
2/5/15

I checked a dozen numbers that have been with their current owner for over a decade. No matches. If it's only a front for posting the Spokeo ads, it's a counter-productive one.

then
1/29/15

It's a site with encrypted details. Follow the anomalies and you will find either bread crumbs or creepy coincidences relative to other examples in your life. You might be aware of the sequences or you might not. Use the right comb and you'll see.

jamesd128
1/28/15

Wrong name, every time. What a waste of time and electrons!

alecs22
12/18/14

It took me a bit to realize that all the people names look oddly spelled or conjoined. The city names seem accurate, though. It must be pulling data from a legit source and just swapping part of it with a random generator. Do an in-page search for something common like "Johnson" and it's mostly in a street name. It's like xdd(3).org, which assigns fake names to SSNs to confuse searchers.

Oddly, a phone number of a relative on tel2name.com had the (somewhat unusual) first name of the real person as the street name. Coincidence, maybe.

I rate this site 2 stars because it's good to see a little privacy online!

ala1016
11/24/14

Bogus names, but real streets and real cities (just not the ones corresponding to those numbers). People who do sh*t like this will burn in Hell.

mh60
11/22/14

I personally love this site. No, not for a minute do I believe these are real names or addresses. But that's the point of it. Inputting random data into search engines to confuse those who serve to profit off of statistical data. This is meant to attempt to throw a small wrench into those plans, I believe. 5 stars, to helping the Internet remain more anonymous.

phillipw12
10/23/14

This site is completely false. Made up information. I checked multiple numbers that have a 30+ year history with the same owner and it had random names. Don't trust it.

dh109
9/12/14

This site is clearly a scam. As others have said, its just random generated names and not a legitimate database. The only purpose for doing this that I can think of is so they can load malicious code into your computer.

vm17
9/9/14

a site to reveal a party's name when given a telephone number. obviously random-generated names with random-generated addresses, lol. of course, i input my number just to check if my name came up. it didn't --- just another fake name. i have a feeling that any numbers input here go straight to a spam call list. oops!

suew14
9/9/14

As the previous posters said, this site is worthless. My own number comes up as someone totally unknown to me and the address is wrong. Horrible trickery. Makes you wonder what the purpose of the site really is.

vinceg5
9/5/14

TOTAL TRASH!!!! I have family members and friends who have had the same number for over thirty years and they come up under other strange names! USELESS!!!!

jimb123
9/4/14

Just came across this joke of a site and as the first reviewer said, this site is useless. None of the information is accurate. If you refresh the page the names and addresses change completely and with every refresh comes more false information.

fsf
9/2/14

This seems to be a phone number search site but it is useless. You see phone numbers and addresses that do not belong to the people whose names are listed. So, what's the point? Ridiculous. Don't waste your time here.

Questions? Get answers from the Tel2name staff and other customers.

Tel2name?