Review of TeenSafe

privacy@teensafe.com

28 reviews with 5 stars

annae55
4/2/18

It took me a while to get used to it but after little bit of spending time it does work.
Apple iCloud is really complicated. After figuring out how to does apple password system setup(never used iCloud before) the skies got cleared out.
As for me as a parent it helps me sleep well.

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Thanks Anna,

If you have any issues you can call (800)245-8598 or email support@teensafe.com.

Best,

the TeenSafe team
maribethb
2/20/18

The Florida school shooting has me thinking of how difficult it is to raise kids and keep them safe nowadays. I am a proactive parent and with a tool like TeenSafe I can monitor a bit more my child and who she hangs out with and what other kids are saying. It's a way to be part of her world from the outside and know when to act.

nelsone6
11/21/17

Having new technology around this day and age can certainly help with parenting. My folks had it tough with me, but I am relying on apps and tools like Teensafe to help me get by day by day with my teenage daughter. I understand it is not a perfect tool as I would love for it to have the ability to monitor Facebook, but it certainly has so many other features that keep me posted and alert on my daughter's life.

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Greetings Nelson,

Great, responsibility and anxiety come with smartphones for parents and children. We’re happy that TeenSafe is helping you during these “tough times” as a digital parent. Best, the TeenSafe team
julias105
8/29/17

I have 3 teens and really have to have opened eyes on everything. Paying $14.95 for being able to monitor the 3 of them is really a great deal for us. I have had a good experience and it has helped me get to understand many things about them and how they behave as I have access to their conversations.

ericp100
8/27/17

TeenSafe just gets parents. TeenSafe Control has been a godsend. The app works! I brick my kids phones for bedtime and when they are out of line. No point in grounding them these days. You must call the customer service person I spoke with as I did get stuck on installing the thing, but in the end it was so worth it. I love the pause button and really dont know I did it before without it. I cant recommend this app enough.

larizaw
7/25/17

I really enjoy when you are in need of a customer service rep and you get great service. I had some questions when I tried to install Teensafe and the rep I spoke to was very savvy and quick in helping me.

jossief
11/25/16

It's always good to have the possibility to rely on tools that can help with today's parenting. Kids are proned to so much info that you need to keep up and tools like Teensafe can really make the difference when you are trying to do a good job as a parent.

rosemaryd13
11/22/16

I have a "never met a stranger" bubbly tween. Want her to interact with her friends on her iPhone but also want to monitor and protect her as she's still a bit naive. She understands why we're using TeenSafe so our family is all in! Thank you! Not sleepless in St. Louis.

kellyl100
11/18/16

I can say that the best feature so far that Teensafe has come up with is the ability to block Snap Chat which in my opinion is a dangerous app that can get our kids in trouble.

christinaw49
11/1/16

I can't complain. The price is a no brainer if you have 3 kids to monitor.

drewt12
10/11/16

My main concern is the lack of sleep my child gets when he jumps on that phone at nights and can't get off of it. My wife and I decided to try the Teensafe Manage app which allows you to lock the phone at any time. So now we lock his phone at nights around 8:30 pm so he can sleep well and unlock it at 7 am when he goes to school. We spoke to him about it, and even though he wasn't excited about it he respects the rules.

marisolf1
10/6/16

My sister asked me why I wanted to spy on my child....and I answered pretty straight forward: "Dawn is my child and I am a responsible parent who wants to make sure her daughter doesn't get in trouble or posts indecent pics on social media." I was a kid too and know how vulnerable and how much peer pressure there is to do things (sometimes not the right things) just to please others. Well as a parent, I decided to take a stand and guide and protect my daughter if a situation like this arises.

tiffanyb56
9/13/16

Teensafe came out with the Teensafe Manage App which allows you to pause your child's phone and lock it. They are only allowed to make phone call at that point. I used to have all sorts of fights with my daughter while she was driving as she checked her phone at the same time. I am afraid she can get into an accident and hurt herself as well as others. With this app I can control her not using her phone while driving.

arans
8/8/16

My main concern is the environment around my children and even sometimes the people they may hang out with. I don't monitor them to snoop, but to make sure they are safe. Every parent should be aware that the dangers today are even bigger in this digital world we live in.

bethg26
4/29/16

Having control over what our kids do is part of our parenting duty. I see all sorts of horrible stories on the news and can't believe our children are being victims of cyberbullying, sexting, predators and other terrible things out there. I decided to sign up for teensafe and don't regret it for a second. It is a great tool and affordable. You cannot take for granted the safety of your children....be alert.

bernetham
3/18/16

Can one be so naive and think that our teenagers cannot get in trouble? Well think twice! My son who is 15 started talking to this girl who is in his school and they started sexting! I happened to see the texts one day he left his phone on my car when I was dropping him off for his basketball practice. My head wanted explode just thinking of the consequences this could bring and how upset that girl's parents would get. I had to sit him down and give him a TALK (if you know what I mean) and he promised this would not happen again. I decided I had to look into monitoring him to make sure this would never happen again as agreed and this is when I signed up for Teensafe. I am glad I did and keep a close eye at all times.

cybills
3/14/16

Our Society is full of people who has a different life story. Some of us may have had a very privileged life surrounded by loving parents and good friends. Others may have had troubled lives and become a burden to people who are around them. This is the case at my daughter's school where there are children of all walks of life and most of them have so much anger inside that they just treat others very disrespectful. There is some bullying going on at that school and as parents we need to make sure that our children are prepared for this and know how to handle. That is what I do with my daughter and in order to help her, I help myself by signing up for Apps like Teensafe that keep me in the loop of what is going on. It's a tool that helps us identify when our children are in trouble and know how and when to take action.

samanthar43
3/10/16

I love the fact that I can monitor my 3 teenagers and it only costs me $14.95. It is not expensive and I have the ability to check on them whenever I want. The support team helped me setup and showed me how I could monitor the 3 devices on the same account. Even though we live in a pretty decent neighborhood, I still worry for my kids and want to make sure they are ok.

enzoa8
2/10/16

My child downloaded the KIK app which I know is monitored by Teensafe, but I did not agree with that. I started doing some research on this app and found even more information than what I was looking for. Teensafe came out with this Apps list which we need to keep an eye on in case our children do not manage it well. I signed up for Teensafe a month ago and have a lot of expectations that this will be the tool that will help me in checking up on my kids. So far so good. I encourage all parents to read http://www.teensafe.com/blog/new-year-new-apps-block-teensafe-2016-app-blacklist/

gloriag23
2/8/16

This week I read about the tragic event about Nicole Lovell, the teenage girl who lost her life and was a victim of this cyberworld we live in. She exposed herself on different social media channels and was prey for those coldhearted individuals who have no respect for human life. I want to share with all parents this article about this horror story so you keep it in the back of your head that the only one who can protect your children is you http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/tech/What-Parents-Need-to-Know-About-New-Smartphone-Apps-295378761.html .

Teensafe came out with the 2016 App Blacklist and recommend you check it out http://www.teensafe.com/blog/new-year-new-apps-block-teensafe-2016-app-blacklist/

lorir45
1/20/16

We started noticing that our daughter was starting to behave strange when she started in her new highschool. The fact that she was going into a new school, new friends, new everything was enough for us to think her behavior was a little strange. But I started worrying when her grades started to go down and this was not typical in her. I started checking on different ways to check on her phone and see if there was something going on with a boy or something else, but it was almost impossible to check her phone without her knowing. I did a little bit of research and found Teensafe and signed up. To our surprise, our daughter was being bullied by kids from school and I found chat conversations with another friend of hers from her old school saying that she felt depressed, low selfsteem, ugly and all this kind of things that you would never want to hear your kid say. We approached the situation fast, did tell her what we were doing and talked to the school. We are doing everything possible to make sure our daughter comes out of this dark situation and shines again. Using Teensafe as a tool to help me get my daughter back on track is one of the best decisions I have ever made.

chantellh
1/11/16

I have been having issues with my son as he is leaving the house on school days to meet with other friends (which I am not very fond of), and not doing his homework. He used to tell me that he was home while I was working, but I did not truly believe him. I decided to sign up for Teensafe so I could keep track and know his location when I am not around. By using this system I know now where my son is at all times. At first I had to ground him for lying. I told him other people were telling me he was not home (neighbors and friends), so he would not know I was using this App. It is a tough situation to handle, but at least Teensafe is a tool that can help me keep track of his whereabouts.

elizabethv19
12/28/15

When looking back at the old days I wonder how my parents used to track me down or know what I was doing when all I used was my diary. Now that I am a parent and know that my daughter is exposed to so many things out there on the web, I really need to make sure she is hanging out with the right people and not doing crazy things. One of the features of Teensafe is allowing us to monitor some apps like KIK and Instagram which are very popular and my daughter uses. This is one of the reasons I decided to purchase the app and do not regret it for a second. I feel that I am taking a responsible and proactive attitude raising my child by making sure she is safe.

nicholef4
12/5/15

As a parent of two, my main concern is the safety of my children all the time! But I also don't want them to think that I'm stalking them. So right away, after setting up my Teensafe free trial account, I talked to both of my children about what the service is and what it can do.

We agreed that I would stay out of their text messages, but that for their own safety I want to be able to track their location. And after using teensafe for over a week now, I have to say it works like a charm! I am able to see both of my teens' smartphone locations at any time, which gives me a lot of peace of mind (especially on days when I can't pick them up from training or on weekends when they are out with friends).

djs11
10/21/15

Before I got Teensafe, I called their customer service department and got right through, no problem. Obviously I got it to monitor my teen's social media after discovering she said she was eighteen and she's in fact only sixteen. Also wanted the ability to find her using the phone location feature since we have Indian casinos in the area and I do NOT want her there! And if you pay attention to when your child is driving, you can tell if they are texting and driving - a huge bonus! Thanks Teensafe!

They have to backup to iCloud. If they aren't on wifi and plugged in at some point then it won't backup. No backup means no data. If that happens we just go to the phone and force a backup and it will get you all the latest data.

By Stephen M.

Not a hoax...just of very limited use in my opinion. If all you want to do is watch text messages than i guess it's ok....but only if the phone backs up to the cloud. Really isnt very valuable. I had it for less than a week and it was pretty pointless really.

By Brian K.

Yeah, sorry but I don't have/use Snapchat so I don't know - apparently not. Sorry again.

By DJ S.

Nothing gets installed on your phone. Therefore, there is nothing to remove. Change your Apple ID password and the passwords for your social media accounts. Unless you gave this person all of your passwords, there isn't a way for them to spy on you with Teensafe.

By Kevin P.

Yes, the carrier you use doesn't matter. Here is some more information https://www.teensafe.com/blog/faq-everything-need-know-install-teensafe-childs-phone/ Thanks for the inquiry.

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

Sorry you are having an issue, our support team can answer these questions. Please reach out to our customer support team to help you. You can call (800)245-8598 or email support@teensafe.com.

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

Greetings Heather. Hope this answers your questions. If not please ask here. https://www.teensafe.com/blog/faq-everything-need-know-install-teensafe-childs-phone/

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

Yes, we do work in Canada. This may have useful information for you https://www.teensafe.com/blog/faq-everything-need-know-install-teensafe-childs-phone/

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

The tech team says this all depends on the number of text messages sent, time, period between iCloud being shut off etc. and depends on how Apple iCloud works. If said messages are saved in the backup then yes. We can't guarantee this if turned off. So it is best to leave the iCloud backup on.

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

Hmmm, not sure Steve. Sorry you are having an issue. Please reach out to our customer support team to help you. You can call (800)245-8598 or email support@teensafe.com. Or send us your email here and can have them look up the account for you.

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Questions? Get answers from the TeenSafe staff and other customers.

TeenSafe?