Review of TeenSafe

privacy@teensafe.com

4 reviews with 4 stars

hillaryf9
5/17/18

I see people saying it's a scam, it doesn't work...but it does work...at least for me it does. It allows me to know where my daughter is physically and at least that gives me some sense of relieve.

lfg1
5/29/16

This is a service that, if used properly, can be such a useful resource for child safety. I was shocked at some of the naive mistakes my son was making online. Remember, it's not always your child but who influences them. You will have the ability to read deleted texts. While it's true, you can't always get proper contact name and every single deleted message (just the shredding of iCloud data then piecing back together) you get enough information to know what's going on.

You can't access photo or videos. If you want to access Snapshat use MSpy as a separate tool. This, for me, is the biggest downfall. The other would be missing some of the deleted messages although I understand how this happens thru iCloud.

I notice some of you are saying they aren't giving money back if cancelled or customer service is faulty. I must say, I've never had that problem. It's something to download on your desktop or laptop in my opinion. You can always send customer service an email and they respond quickly. Also during normal business goes they're always available to Chat w you right then. Try those avenues if you are having trouble.

Former teacher and mother

amberl40
12/14/15

For many of us parents who work (sometimes even night shifts like I do), it is such a relief to be able to monitor your children when you are unable to be around at all times. One of my daughter's friend had some pictures floating around on the web which I thought were inappropriate and would not like to see my daughter having pictures like that posted on different sites. This is why I think we need to make sure that we keep a close eye on what they do. Teensafe is now monitoring Instagram and this is such a relief since most of those pictures are posted on sites like this. The only thing I think it lacks is the fact that they cannot monitor facebook, but I was told that it is because of facebook's internal policies.

sb140
12/3/15

I life Teen Safe overall. I have a teen with bipolar disorder so it is important for me to monitor what she is up to from time to time for her own protection just in case she is getting ready to engage in some risky behaviors. The only downside is every now and then you will have a period of an hour or two delay and that could be critical in certain situations. I find that AT&T Family Maps is way more accurate on location but Teen Safe will provide a general location for you. The only real downside is if your child is using a third party texting app like TextNow or another that is not built into the phone, you will NOT see those messages. One very positive policy that Teen Safe has that other Parental "spy" apps do not have is that you cannot see Snapchat photos or pics sent in MMS messages for a reason. Think about it...if another child sent your child a sexting photo, even though you don't want your child doing that, would you want to see it? Of course not! Or would you want another adult seeing a pic if you child sent a sexting photo?? It is for the protection of the kids involved who make bad choices and I applaud them for not allowing pics to be seen by adults. Overall I give this app 4 out of 5 stars. I have used it for two of my kids, android and iPhone, and I think it is worth the $14.95 a month.

They have to backup to iCloud. If they aren't on wifi and plugged in at some point then it won't backup. No backup means no data. If that happens we just go to the phone and force a backup and it will get you all the latest data.

By Stephen M.

Not a hoax...just of very limited use in my opinion. If all you want to do is watch text messages than i guess it's ok....but only if the phone backs up to the cloud. Really isnt very valuable. I had it for less than a week and it was pretty pointless really.

By Brian K.

Yeah, sorry but I don't have/use Snapchat so I don't know - apparently not. Sorry again.

By DJ S.

Nothing gets installed on your phone. Therefore, there is nothing to remove. Change your Apple ID password and the passwords for your social media accounts. Unless you gave this person all of your passwords, there isn't a way for them to spy on you with Teensafe.

By Kevin P.

Yes, the carrier you use doesn't matter. Here is some more information https://www.teensafe.com/blog/faq-everything-need-know-install-teensafe-childs-phone/ Thanks for the inquiry.

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

Sorry you are having an issue, our support team can answer these questions. Please reach out to our customer support team to help you. You can call (800)245-8598 or email support@teensafe.com.

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

Greetings Heather. Hope this answers your questions. If not please ask here. https://www.teensafe.com/blog/faq-everything-need-know-install-teensafe-childs-phone/

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

Yes, we do work in Canada. This may have useful information for you https://www.teensafe.com/blog/faq-everything-need-know-install-teensafe-childs-phone/

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

The tech team says this all depends on the number of text messages sent, time, period between iCloud being shut off etc. and depends on how Apple iCloud works. If said messages are saved in the backup then yes. We can't guarantee this if turned off. So it is best to leave the iCloud backup on.

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

Hmmm, not sure Steve. Sorry you are having an issue. Please reach out to our customer support team to help you. You can call (800)245-8598 or email support@teensafe.com. Or send us your email here and can have them look up the account for you.

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Questions? Get answers from the TeenSafe staff and other customers.

TeenSafe?