Review of TeenSafe

privacy@teensafe.com

2 reviews with 3 stars

kevinh207
1/4/18

I use this app to help me keep "an eye" on my youngest daughter who is 13 and loves to play on her phone. She just changed schools and is meeting new friends, and as a parent I like her to be social, but it always makes me uneasy to not know who she is hanging out with after school before I get home. The app works fine, but I would make it easier to navigate.

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Appreciate your input, Kevin. Technologically what we do is difficult. We agree and wish it could be easier to navigate.
shelbys27
10/21/17

I like the fact that I can review my daughter's text-- including her deleted texts. That is incredibly helpful.

However, the fact that they don't allow images to be displayed drives me CRAZY. The explanation they give on their site is weak. "Maintain consumer confidence and protect kids and families." What? That is why I have this app-- to try to protect my child. There could potentially be VERY inappropriate videos, images, etc that my daughter could be exposed to. I am very happy with the ability to monitor texts but I'm starting to wonder if $14.95/month is steep if I can't get a full picture of what she's involved in and exposed to.

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Shelby,
We share your frustration on not being able to help parents with the important service of monitoring photos. Each state has differing laws regarding storing and sharing potentially illegal photos of minors. We recommend parents review the laws in their state and talk to their teens and tweens as the kids may be placing themselves in legal jeopardy for keeping and sending inappropriate photos. Unfortunately, these laws can also apply to TeenSafe. We understand how challenging it is to be parents in this digital era and appreciate your being a digital safety savvy parent. Best, the TeenSafe team

They have to backup to iCloud. If they aren't on wifi and plugged in at some point then it won't backup. No backup means no data. If that happens we just go to the phone and force a backup and it will get you all the latest data.

By Stephen M.

Not a hoax...just of very limited use in my opinion. If all you want to do is watch text messages than i guess it's ok....but only if the phone backs up to the cloud. Really isnt very valuable. I had it for less than a week and it was pretty pointless really.

By Brian K.

Yeah, sorry but I don't have/use Snapchat so I don't know - apparently not. Sorry again.

By DJ S.

Nothing gets installed on your phone. Therefore, there is nothing to remove. Change your Apple ID password and the passwords for your social media accounts. Unless you gave this person all of your passwords, there isn't a way for them to spy on you with Teensafe.

By Kevin P.

Yes, the carrier you use doesn't matter. Here is some more information https://www.teensafe.com/blog/faq-everything-need-know-install-teensafe-childs-phone/ Thanks for the inquiry.

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

Sorry you are having an issue, our support team can answer these questions. Please reach out to our customer support team to help you. You can call (800)245-8598 or email support@teensafe.com.

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

Greetings Heather. Hope this answers your questions. If not please ask here. https://www.teensafe.com/blog/faq-everything-need-know-install-teensafe-childs-phone/

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

Yes, we do work in Canada. This may have useful information for you https://www.teensafe.com/blog/faq-everything-need-know-install-teensafe-childs-phone/

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

The tech team says this all depends on the number of text messages sent, time, period between iCloud being shut off etc. and depends on how Apple iCloud works. If said messages are saved in the backup then yes. We can't guarantee this if turned off. So it is best to leave the iCloud backup on.

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

Hmmm, not sure Steve. Sorry you are having an issue. Please reach out to our customer support team to help you. You can call (800)245-8598 or email support@teensafe.com. Or send us your email here and can have them look up the account for you.

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Questions? Get answers from the TeenSafe staff and other customers.

1 Photo for TeenSafe