Review of Tax1099

support@tax1099.com

18 reviews with 5 stars

janc179
1/31/19

I see a lot of people are having trouble with this software but it may be because you are using a browser that doesn't support it well. I first tried using Chrome and couldn't get the forms to come up. So I have learned that software has to be tweaked a little to work on different browsers so if one isn't working right I try another until I find the magic one.
The magic one for Tax1099 is the latest Internet Explorer. It worked great for me.

I decided to use this software for the first time this year after reading about it in Forbes magazine. Got my 1099s out in record time.

jamesh1222
1/31/19

Just what i needed.Thanks for your help just in time to complete my 1099 and W-2 filings for the tax year 2019

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Thanks, James! We're glad we could help you complete your informational reporting requirements.
masonw29
1/31/19

This is my first time using an online tool to efile my 1099 forms and the experience was great. Just wondering why I did not move from ugly red form to this tool.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Mason! Congrats on becoming an eFiler, and thanks for using Tax1099!
sophiaa48
1/31/19

It's my bad that waited to file my 1099s until the last minute. My first batch of filing was during the Jan second week and it worked like a speed jet. Today, I felt that it was a little slow but I was still able to run my QuickBooks Desktop Plugin without any issues. What I like about this tool is, it offers all information reporting compliance in a single platform.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Sophia! Congrats on completing your eFiling by the deadline, and thanks for using Tax1099!
jenm125
1/30/19

I had a little trouble at the beginning, but after a quick chat with the support team i was able to submit my forms.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Jen - thanks for chatting in, and thanks for using Tax1099!
martinq8
1/30/19

The tool was a little slow when I was trying to import a large data but filing was smooth post data import. Tool is easy to use once you get through initial self learning phase. I did not need support and finished filing close to 930 forms in less than 20 minutes.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Great work, Martin! We're glad that went smoothly for you. Thanks for using Tax1099!
sarahc497
1/29/19

I just completed filing my 1099 forms electronically. Easy to use, quick confirmations of my e-filing and will be back to use it again. I am a QBD user but decided to enter my few forms manually as it seemed faster to do that way then going through whole nine yards of installing plug-in, synchronizing data, verifying, etc , etc. So you go to see what works best for you. Also, used excel import for QBD for one of my client and it worked very smoothly.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Sarah! We're glad to hear our platform worked well for your situation. Thanks for using Tax1099!
isisp5
1/28/19

Skeptical Reviews, Great Experience with Tax1099 filing multiple forms electronically.
I am an old school type that takes time to switch to the digital world. Before using Tax1099, I got great reviews on QuickBooks apps center but very poor reviews here. What the heck give it a try as no credit card required to sign up. Signed up, filed a few forms and ended up using for my all 17 customers to report 1099 MISC, 941 and few other forms. Experience was nothing but great! I would recommend anyone looking to file 1099 and other forms.

Response from Geneva B., Tax1099 Representative
Thanks for giving us a chance! We know making the transition from paper to eFiling can be intimidating. We're glad we could ease your process!
robynh46
1/28/19

Needed a way to pull W2 and 1099 MISC data for many or my clients. The QBD plug in and web connector came handy for 1099 MISC and PDF import for the W-2. I would recommend this tool to any one looking to file 1099 MISC and other info reporting. I am the first time user and import on page instructions helped a lot.

Response from Geneva B., Tax1099 Representative
Glad to hear we could help with your informational returns! We've been working on those integrations, they get stronger ever year.
rosannem6
10/27/18

Liked using the site for my 941 and W-2 (both late filing). Will be back in January to file 1099s and other payroll tax forms. Found easy to navigate and very reasonably priced. I decided to give my first review on site so small businesses like me can benefit. A lot of 1s are scary but those reviews seems a little sketchy (hope it's not a competitor's job :-)

I will also explore the integrated TiN Match and W-9 features. Cheer!

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Thanks so much! We're so glad that you had a good experience with us. We look forward to supporting your eFiling process for years to come. -Tax1099
richardp432
8/20/18

The tool worked for me and actually worked a little better than expected. I would recommend this tool to anyone looking to efile prior or current year 1099 and W2 forms.

staceyf61
7/22/18

I had to file several 1099 MISC and 1099-INT corrections. It was easy to synch over data from QBO to do the corrections and copies were delivered to my recipients in 4 business days. Excel import and validations were decent for non-QBO clients. Overall a good service to have that saves a lot of time. Glad I am no longer using those clunky RED forms anymore. Will definitely be back to use several thousand 1099-MISC filing for my clients.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Stacey- Thank you for your review! We're glad that you can ditch those clunky red forms, too :)
adamj167
7/19/18

I was a little skeptical to use the site but eventually gave it a try and boy it's works way better than others I have used in the past. Site worked for QuickBooks import from Desktop and also from QBO. This is the only site that did my state filing for PA and OR. Rest of the sites including Intuit could not handle my state filing needs where states required a separate filing. Will come back again next tax year.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Adam- Thanks so much for using Tax1099! We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us. Can't wait to work with you again next year!
rebeccaf52
1/11/18

Reviews are really low and horrible but product works great! I consider myself some one who likes to touch and feel it before forming her opinion. I must say opinions listed here seems so much different than my actual experience using Tax1099.com.

Tons of feature and easy to use. I would give them 10 stars if I could>

jerryw103
1/6/18

Very easy to efile with Tax1099.com. LIked the way it brings over data from Xero.com.

Also did few excel imports and that worked well. I guess the key is to file early so support is not as busy and you get quality help.

I had to call support and rep knew what she was doing. Entire call lasted for about 9 mins.

shellya28
1/6/18

I was skeptical to use the service seeing some negative reviews but pleasantly surprised see how well it worked for my QBD 1099 vendor synching over to Tax1099. I also have some QBO customers and again their app turned out to the best compared to others listed out there.
Love USPS mailing and TIN match features that Intuit 1099 filing did not provide. It's definitely a feature-rich solution with affordable price.

leahb33
1/31/17

I had such an easy time of it! The website is very self explanatory once you navigate around for a couple minutes. I contacted the customer service team because one of the dates said it would be filed on 2/6/2017, I questioned it and they replied back saying that only box 7's had to be filed by 1/31. I was so pleased by the support I received ! It's so affordable, i don't know why anyone would fuss with the paper versions!

mikem388
5/24/16

You have literally saved me hours is manual processing! Loved your bill.com integration.

Hi Roxanne, We have made many improvements, including a streamlined dashboard we will be moving to the site in a few days, additional staff for the deadline period, and a number of customer requests from last season. We will have some user training sessions beginning in November to familiarize customers with the updates. If you are a registered user on Tax1099.com, look for an email inviting you to register for one of those sessions in the next week or two. If not, send your email address to support@tax1099.com, and ask to be included when we send those invitations. Thanks!

By Ed P., Tax1099 Representative

Hi, Michelle! If the state is a participant in the Combined Federal State Filing Program, the IRS will forward important information from your federal filing to the state. While some states have additional requirements where state withholdings are concerned, as a general rule, you won't need to send a separate filing to the CFSFP state.

By Ed P., Tax1099 Representative

Make sure you do not have local system restrictions due to configuration of antivirus software, firewalls, etc. This can cause plugin to not open. Saw some article on this when we had similar issues last but no issues after we used the first time.

By Sophia A.

Hi TW, thank you for your candid review. We'd like to reach out to you and resolve any issues when it is convenient for you. Send us a note at support@tax1099.com with subject SiteJabber and we'll make sure you get taken care of. Thanks. -Tom

By Ed P., Tax1099 Representative

Hi, Stacey, Yes, we file to all 50 states according to the most recent filing requirements of each state! Whether the state requires a separate eFiling, paper filing, or CD-ROM, we've got it covered. It's important to note that you'll need to submit any additional state filing forms at the same time you submit the federal eFiling - once you've submitted the federal eFiling, you won't be able to go back and file with the state in a separate transaction. Let us know if you have any other questions! Tax1099

By Ed P., Tax1099 Representative

Hi, Jerry! When you eFile, the IRS doesn't require a 1096. We have one available in your account, if you'd like to print it for your records. To access the form, click the "+" icon in the top right corner of your Tax1099 dashboard screen. You'll see "Generate Summary (1096/ACA)" in the column on the right side. Thanks! Tax1099

By Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Tax1099 staff and other customers.

Tax1099?