Review of Tax1099

support@tax1099.com

42 reviews with 1 star

barryy11
2/18/19

Why QB would partner with this terrible company and software is beyond my comprehension. Just plain doesn't work, and support is P....A....I....N...F....U...L...L...Y...slow. Recommendation: AVOID. Just lost a bunch of time I will never get back.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Barry - I'm sorry to hear that you've had some difficulty using our site and receiving support. We have agents available to help on chat, email, and phone - I hope that you will receive the help you need soon through one of those methods. I'll send you a direct message as well, so if there is anything that I can help you with, please let me know.
colleenc109
2/14/19

I had finally filed electronically last year, using this system after reading reviews that indicated they finally had all the kinks worked out and it had become a smooth process. And indeed it was relatively painless filing 1099s for 2017. However, this year it was nothing short of a nightmare. Customer service is almost non-existent. You fill out the chat request box repeatedly just to be told there is no one available to help you. Or, after waiting forever, you eventually have to go to the restroom, or turn your attention elsewhere, only to come back and find out they came on to chat and then left....AGH!!!
Hello! This is TAXES!!!! As in a REQUIREMENT in this country! Not something to be taken lightly or offered by a company that cannot handle it. I decided this must be run by people in a 3rd world country that don't understand anything about the IRS. And by the way, some of the processes are more cumbersome than they need to be, such as having to enter a new recipient before you can add a form for them. Why can't you just enter it all at once in the same screen???

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Colleen - I'm glad to hear that you had a smooth experience in 2017. I'm sorry to hear that your 2018 experience wasn't as smooth, and that our support team wasn't able to help. I'm not sure what may have happened with the chat box, but we do also offer email and phone support. As to adding a new recipient - you can do this in the same screen as adding a new form. If you're manually entering forms, you'll go to Forms > New Form > select your form type > click the blue "Add Payer" button to add payer info on the form, and/or click the blue "Add Recipient button to add recipient info on the form. You can also choose one of our many import options to do this more quickly for many recipients. We'd love to hear your other suggestions - I'm reaching out to see if we can set up a one-on-one feedback session with you.
susanj282
2/7/19

Program is confusing, awful to work with on chat. Answers come from people that clearly have never had to file a 1099 or understand the process. I can't believe Quick Books partnered with this company. - I just hope my filing is done correctly, but I'm not optimistic. Based on the grammar used, I'd bet the chat people aren't sitting in the USA.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Susan - I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with us, and that you didn't get the help you needed from our support team. We have seasonal support in multiple locations in order to provide as much coverage as possible, and even then, we are sometimes not able to respond to requests as rapidly as we would like. Would you be interested in scheduling a one-on-one feedback session with us, so that we can hear your thoughts on how to make our program more straightforward? I'll send you a direct message about this.
carig5
2/4/19

You are saying you did a quality assurance test during the busiest time of the year????? So considering my clients have been waiting 3 weeks now for their W2's and 1099's, when are you planning on releasing them? And when will you be issuing at least a partial refund for false/misleading advertising? I could have done the mailings myself for 1/10th the price, but I was swamped and figure since you promised 3-5 days, I would pay the extra fee to get it to my 16 clients quickly. This is ridiculous, I've called, emailed and tried the chat for a week now and NO response....funny how you are able to respond timely to all these reviews to try to save face. If you actually responded to your clients questions/concerns you wouldn't have this problem.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Cari - We did have a hold up with our mailing center, and didn't want to release the forms until we were sure they would meet quality and compliance standards. We were able to release 1099 forms on 1/17, and W-2 forms a few days after. Your Forms Delivery Report should be updated with the mailed date of your forms. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't gotten a response from our support team - they have been working hard to follow up with all voicemails and emails. I myself am not part of the support team, that's why I'm able to respond here more quickly. I apologize for the frustrations and delays you've encountered with us. I am following up with a private message to get some more information on the situation.
ks352
2/1/19

I have tried multiple times to do online chat and also left a message yesterday with no response. I just need to know why my 1099s are still sitting out there as "submitted" and not approved. And where is my 1096? Since I saw fairly timely responses on this board, I figured I would give it a try and see if I can get a response. I'll change my rating once I can confirm our 1099s were mailed and approved...because right now I'm just plain scared!

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi - I apologize for the delayed responses from support, we are working to follow up with all chat, emails, and phone calls. You should hear back from the support team shortly. As to your questions: the processing timeframe is completely dependent on the IRS platform and resources. After successful submission through Tax1099, your forms must go through the IRS system. We have had several thousands of forms accepted, and have several thousand awaiting IRS response. You should receive notification of status by email. When you eFile, the IRS doesn't require the 1096; however, you can generate one for your records by selecting the blue plus sign in the top right of your dashboard.
ch272
1/31/19

This program is easy to use & easy to import information into from Excel. However, what company does NOT have support and extra help on a deadline day? Their system was down & not working from at least 11:00am - 5:00pm on January 31st. I called multiple times & attempted to chat with a support person & there was no response. No message on their website about an estimated time of correcting the system. Stay away from this company!

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi - I'm sorry to hear that our support team wasn't able to answer your questions. Our site was running slowly yesterday, but was still functional. We had several thousands of forms filed through the platform yesterday. I do hope you were able to get your forms filed, and I apologize again for any issues you may have encountered.
cindyb465
1/31/19

I will never use this service again. We opted to mail 1099's and it took 12 days before any were received. They were supposed to be mailed within 3-5 days. I processed W2's over 2 weeks ago and they have yet to be delivered to any of the employees. My W2 import yesterday was not populating correctly and would not accept edits. The system was super slow and customer service was not available by phone, chat or email. This has resulted in wrong information being sent to the IRS. I emailed customer support today and they responded but haven't given me a resolution. I ended up using a different service for the other W2's and had no problems. This site is difficult to navigate for simple tasks such as looking up the status of submitted forms. I thought this was going to be an awesome experience given how easy it was to import from QuickBooks Desktop but boy was I wrong!!! I feel like I've let my clients down by using this service.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Cindy - I'm so sorry about the inconvenience. We held the W-2's in our system while our mailing center was undergoing quality assurance testing. I apologize that we did not notify you of this. I see that you have chatted in with our team, I hope that your other issues have been resolved.
milas13
1/31/19

The website is so slow that the swirling pointer times out on itself. I've been filing W-2s and 1099s online for years, this is by far the least efficient solution. In the amount of time I spent watching their website to finally refresh, I feel I could have written my forms manually and hand-delivered to the agencies.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Mila - I apologize for the delays. Our site has been running slow today, with all the traffic in the system. Many users have found it helpful to try a different browser, or clear their cache. I hope that you were able to complete your eFiling.
prolineg
1/31/19

The website is full of glitches where you can not easily review or print out the 1099 forms you recently submitted. Then when you try to figure out why you can access the documents you paid for already, you find out the Chat Experts are not available to chat/help you, then you call their costumer service number and due to high call volume they can not answer your call.
So basically be aware, you're on your own if you decide to use Tax1099 services!!
Horrible service. Will not recommend to anyone.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Proline - I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to find your filed forms! You should be able to see those on the main dashboard in your account. You can also go to Forms > Manage Forms, or Reports > Submission History report. You can print from Manage Forms. I apologize that our support team hasn't been able to respond to your question - we are working through support requests as quickly as possible.
stevenl333
1/30/19

In theory it's great. In practice it's not functioning properly. We entered a 941, then made edits. When you select view or print it populates with the old info but when you go back to edit it has all the changes all the way through to the end. Select view, and it still has old info. Support was good until 2 weeks ago. Now, the chat closes before anyone comes on and the phone support doesn't answer. Have other issues too including getting booted out in the middle of entering 1099s. For an intuit product I expect all lot better performance. They really blew it on this one. Unprepared and in over their head.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Steven - I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties, and that you haven't been able to get a hold of our support team. You might have success with a different browser, or if you try clearing your cache. We will look into the issues you've listed. I'm sending you a private message now, so that we can get some more information on what went wrong here.
judyb280
1/30/19

I have tried unsuccessfully to e-file my 1099's. I have used this company several years with success but not this year. Someone was supposed to call me back to resolve but I have still not received a phone call. I guess I will have to manually file at this point. Very frustrating with the lack of response.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Judy - I'm so sorry to hear that we have not returned your call! If I can be of assistance, please let me know. I am sending you a private message now to learn more about the situation.
debras442
1/30/19

I've used this site for the last couple of years to file a 1099-B. I never had any trouble so decided to file my 1099-misc forms for two different companies. I entered and submitted the 1099s for the first payee. When I went back to create new form, it will not let me select 1099-Misc or any of the 1099's listed in the first row. Is the website having issues or is it operator error. I need someone to help me and am not getting anywhere calling or chatting. This is so frustrating.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Debra - thanks for reaching out. This has happened to some of our users. Can you try clearing your cache? That is Ctrl Shift Delete in Chrome, that should allow you to access that form again.
billn99
1/30/19

Was forwarded a link to access my 1099, and all it did was crash Adobe Acrobat repeatedly. Could never open the form, and their customer service is - literally - non existent. Can't imagine that anyone would actually pay to use this piece of garbage software.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Bill - We haven't heard of this occurring. I am going to send you a private message, so that we can get some more information on this.
dorothya59
1/30/19

This is the worst program I have EVER used. It lags and requires you to repeat steps because the program has never worked the first time I import 1099s. I used this program last year and hated it. I used it this year thinking it surely had been upgraded.
It did have an update that then proceeded to crash my quickbooks application and took me hours to get back.
The payment form is ridiculous. Taking a credit card payment is the most basic of coding and really has nothing to do with the tax portion of the process and yet, they can't even get that to run smoothly. The payment form reloads multiple times with blank information. Somehow, magically, multiple 1099forms were submitted to the IRS as a result.
Tried to call support and was asked to leave a voicemail. Imagine that.
Tried to chat support and was given a message that no one is available. Imagine that.
This is the default app used through Quickbooks desktop to efile 1099s and yet, it has the worst interface I have ever used in my LIFE and I work for a web development company.
Using this program has done nothing but cause grief, hours of troubleshooting and only to file 2 1099-misc forms it just isn't worth it.
I am disgusted knowing how large Quickbooks/Intuit is and they have invested so very little in this service which is a key element to doing business every year.

I would NEVER recommend Quickbooks or Tax1099 to ANYONE in the future. In fact, I will scream to the mountain tops how this company clearly doesn't care about quality and only wants to push you into paying for their online software with a monthly subscription.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Dorothy - We're sorry to hear about the repeated difficulties. We're reaching out to you privately, so that we can learn more about the specifics of the situation. A couple preliminary troubleshooting questions - are you using QuickBooks Desktop that's 2015 or earlier? Did you use the questionnaire that launches to determine which import method to use? That is new this year, to help make sure you're using the best method for your situation. The payment page should be functioning properly, we agree. Were there any error messages? Our support team is responding to voicemails, email, and chat, we have extended hours through tomorrow's deadline. You should receive a follow up from our support team shortly.
chara7
1/29/19

I can't access my account because of the 2-factor verification so I went to the website for chat help.

Did that on both Google and Explorer and got kicked off saying there is no agent available. Decided to call and was on hold for 20 min before system decides to just put me through to voicemail. I'll be moving onto another filing system. I can't get anything done with this.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Char - sorry to hear that you weren't able to get through to us. You can always send an email to support@tax1099.com, as well. I'm going to send you a personal message to see if we can get you the help you need.
ericr281
1/28/19

This really makes me question why QuickBooks would "partner" with this company???
Could not get the plug-in to download and followed every instruction. Called ?customer? service and spoke in part to an agent that could barely speak English, but she was very clear that she wanted me to allow her remote access... after waiting over 30 minutes for her to return with suggestions for the error code I gave, I just hung up and manually entered the data into the on-line forms. I wasted nearly half a day trying to use this company and would rather guoge my eyes out with sharp (or dull) stick than try this again... If you hate this site as much as do AND you are a QuickBook referred user... PLEASE complain to QuickBooks...

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Eric - I'm so sorry for the troubles that you've encountered with us, and that we weren't able to give you the help you needed. I'm sending you a private message now - we'd like to get some more information on the error code. If you'd be willing, we'd also like to schedule a one-on-one feedback session with you. We thrive on user feedback, and your thoughts are valuable to us.
christinej111
1/28/19

Very, very frustrating - no one available by phone or chat. Their "help" guides are worthless. I have printed out my 1099s in QB but want to do federal/state filing -- why have they filled out additional information & sometimes inaccurate information that Quickbooks did not list?

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Christine - sorry to hear that we haven't been able to help you with your import, I apologize for the inconvenience. I'm sending you a direct message now, so that we can get some more details on this issue, we'd like to see what's going wrong here.
aristotlel
1/19/19

This is a nightmare!!!!! Tried this for the first time because my partner was using this to submit the 1099 forms. So I gave a try this year. I was not satisfied at all with the result. When you print the 1099 Miscellaneous form recipient copy, the form does not align align with the tax envelope. The recipient address is not showing. Terrible program!!! Is there lower rating than 1 star? If there is, I will select that.

Response from Geneva B., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, there - Are you using the #10 double-window envelope? We format the forms you can print to that envelope type.
chada52
1/9/19

I issue enough 1099s that I'm required to eFile. I use Quickbooks Enterprise, Intuit's flagship product, and have been using Tax1099 for a few years, and every year there's a catastrophic issue ranging from multiple import errors, sessions timing out in seconds, importing data incorrectly, adding bogus rental income to my vendor's 1099s, duplicating 1099s, etc. It's a huge mess. It's ridiculous that Intuit doesn't offer another option than this terrible software. This is 1995 software masquerading as something more modern. It's full of bugs, the customer service is terrible, and it costs as much as quickbooks itself the way I use it.

Response from Geneva B., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Chad - we're sorry to hear that you haven't had good experiences with Tax1099. We're constantly working to make our platform better, and we would love to have your feedback on our platform. I'm sending you a private message, so that we can set up a one-on-one feedback session to discuss.
jm385
2/13/18

I was a new customer this year and thought integrating from my Intuit products might be easy but turned into a nightmare. The import tool would not import new data but would only import the incorrect file even after deleting the file. Called customer service and they were very little help as they could hardly understand the nuances of technical communication required to explain the problem. Finally blocked the submissions but they did not tell me that there was no way to stop the incorrect 1099 copies going to the recipients. Recently found this out when recipient for two 1099s for the same amount, one from tax1099 that I had blocked/ canceled. E-mailed their customer service today and got a reply that basically said if I was too stupid to use their tool I was at fault. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE - they may be an Intuit partner but they are not reliable and cause more issues than their service resolves!

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, J.M. -

We're so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us! The import process can be difficult to initiate, and we're sorry that you had difficulties with it. I'm also very sorry that our customer support wasn't able to provide you the help you needed. For future filings, please live chat with us, and we'll help you get the mapping and import set up.

When you select USPS mailing, those requests are processed immediately. This is to make sure your vendors get their forms as soon as possible. We alert you to this when you select the USPS option. Additionally, PDF's of your forms are available to view and edit before submission - I would suggest that you take a look at these before submitting a filing.
jamesb648
2/2/18

Awful site. We have been using this for the past 4 years and the site has gotten worse and worse each year. We are a professional accounting firm and file about 1000 1099s each year. The site is incredibly slow, and this year, two days before the filing deadline for 1099-Misc forms, the site stopped working and stopped allowing excel file imports. Tax1099.com's tech support was very unresponsive. Finally got through to someone who said they would help and they told us they would call us back by 7pm on 1/31/2018 with a solution and they never did. THey told us we would be able to email them our excel import files directly and that they would file them for us on time. But they never called back and never responded, leaving us up a creek without a paddle. Subsequent follow up calls were unsuccessful. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE if you need a reliable way to file your 1099 forms on time, before the deadline. Better to rely on a US based system that is designed for tax professionals, even if it costs more, as they will have the support staff needed when issues arise.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, James -

We're so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us. We'd like to give you a call so that we can learn more about this situation. I'll send you a private message to followup.
meryls3
1/31/18

I left a message for someone to call me back. He seemed to know the detail of my call, but he was extremely difficult to understand. Based on the accent I think he was from the Philippines. There was a child (probably between 8 & 10 years old talking loud in the background. I asked him what it was & he told me NOTHING. How Intuit could hire a company like this, is way beyond my level of comprehension. once again, I will never use them again. For 2 years, I have wasted my time. Hiring people who do not speak good English is a terrible attribute to have. i suggest that everybody go to another 1099 processing company next year. Do your homework now & be prepared before tax season is upon us next year. I certainly will be!!!

Tip for consumers: Do not use Tax1099.com

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Meryl -

We're sorry to hear that you had difficulty communicating with one of our support representatives. We have support representatives available in our home office in Fayetteville, AR. We're sorry that we weren't able to answer your questions, and we hope to do a better job next year. We also have live chat and support documents available on our webpage.
gabriela235
1/22/18

REPLY TO YOUR COMMENT:
Following up to trouble ticket #6913. I have not heard back yet. I have more people today saying they cannot access their W9. I am trying to access it myself using the exact info we supplied you to generate the 1099s and it's not working. The guy on the phone yesterday admitted this was a problem that was happening and said you guys would get back to me with a resolution. I called again today but just went to a message saying you guys are busy and it hung up.

-----------------------------

1st year I used them, site was down half the time in January.

2nd year I used them, absolute failure. Site was crashing, nobody responding to chat, and their toll free number instantly goes to a message that says "Sorry, this mail box is full, Good bye". Maybe if you just need to submit a few 1099s, they are ok. If you need to manage records and use the system to handle W9s and mass import data, it's abissmal. Seriously poor execution from start to finish

Fast forward to 2018 and it's totally my fault for not choosing to find the time to switch away from Tax1099. So here we are again. A year later and full of new problems. This time, we issued out over 300 1099 forms this morning via email and none of our clients can open them because they messed up the passwords. I called this morning and was told I would hear back before the end of the day and its almost 5pm PST and they are closed for the day. I was told that a lot of people were calling because there was something wrong with the 1099 PDFs that they sent out. Isn't this exactly what they? The whole purpose for their existence? And they just can't get it right, or even some what "ok", and I've given them 3 years.

Next year I will hand-write my 1099s and let the USPS handle them before I let them touch anything. Absolutely pathetic at what they do.

Tip for consumers: Best tip is DO NOT use them. Seriously, they are really not good. My best guess is this is nothing more than someone doing this part time out of their garage with the neighbors helping answer the phones.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Gabriel -

We've researched this for you - we were able to open test cases of your vendors' PDF's using our standard password conventions. Your vendors receive password instructions in the email with their form, but it may help to remind them of the correct formatting. Here's a support doc to reference: http://support.tax1099.com/customer/portal/articles/1958838
richf24
1/22/18

Every year Tax1099 eats up hours of my time. This is the most un-user friendly app I have ever dealt with. And their support staff are awful. "It looks like you wasn't uploaded the file right." Come on, people. Will you EVER fix your app?

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Rich -

I'm sorry that our support staff wasn't able to assist you with your filing process. If you are still having an upload issue, or have any other questions, I'd love to help. I'll send you a private message with my contact information, and we'll get this figured out.

Thanks,
Tax1099
millier9
1/15/18

These people should never be trusted with your info. They are a bunch of crooks. All the 5 stars are from someone they told to do this. They have to battle all the one stars some how. If you notice all the people who did write glowing reviews, that is the only review they have done.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Millie -

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Tax1099. Please send us a message, or email support@tax1099.com, we'll do our best to resolve your situation, whatever it might be.

Thanks,
Tax1099

Hi Roxanne, We have made many improvements, including a streamlined dashboard we will be moving to the site in a few days, additional staff for the deadline period, and a number of customer requests from last season. We will have some user training sessions beginning in November to familiarize customers with the updates. If you are a registered user on Tax1099.com, look for an email inviting you to register for one of those sessions in the next week or two. If not, send your email address to support@tax1099.com, and ask to be included when we send those invitations. Thanks!

By Ed P., Tax1099 Representative

Hi, Michelle! If the state is a participant in the Combined Federal State Filing Program, the IRS will forward important information from your federal filing to the state. While some states have additional requirements where state withholdings are concerned, as a general rule, you won't need to send a separate filing to the CFSFP state.

By Ed P., Tax1099 Representative

Make sure you do not have local system restrictions due to configuration of antivirus software, firewalls, etc. This can cause plugin to not open. Saw some article on this when we had similar issues last but no issues after we used the first time.

By Sophia A.

Hi TW, thank you for your candid review. We'd like to reach out to you and resolve any issues when it is convenient for you. Send us a note at support@tax1099.com with subject SiteJabber and we'll make sure you get taken care of. Thanks. -Tom

By Ed P., Tax1099 Representative

Hi, Stacey, Yes, we file to all 50 states according to the most recent filing requirements of each state! Whether the state requires a separate eFiling, paper filing, or CD-ROM, we've got it covered. It's important to note that you'll need to submit any additional state filing forms at the same time you submit the federal eFiling - once you've submitted the federal eFiling, you won't be able to go back and file with the state in a separate transaction. Let us know if you have any other questions! Tax1099

By Ed P., Tax1099 Representative

Hi, Jerry! When you eFile, the IRS doesn't require a 1096. We have one available in your account, if you'd like to print it for your records. To access the form, click the "+" icon in the top right corner of your Tax1099 dashboard screen. You'll see "Generate Summary (1096/ACA)" in the column on the right side. Thanks! Tax1099

By Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Tax1099 staff and other customers.

Tax1099?