Review of StudyBay

support@studybay.com

30 reviews with 1 star

isaacs77
5/4/19

Totally a scam and you will get ripped off!!!! Example: Writers get $7 and StudyBay ends up wtih $15 plus credit card service charges. Ridiculous!!! This is not a false statement because it happened to me!

annab435
10/19/18

I've spent about 2k on their services (40 orders placed and paid) and I trusted them every time accepting my orders even though the quality of their writers is not that good. Trust me, I've done 40 orders with them.

And the only time I complained was when one of the writers came back to chat with me bragging that he made administration remove my negative feedback.

They keep removing negative reviews left by clients about writer's performance. When I caught them doing so for the first time they said it was a technical glitch. But when they did it again I realized it was a standard procedure for them. I tried to appeal but they refused to accept that.
And I was really honest in that review saying that the paper was a low quality and contained crucial grammar mistakes (nothing offensive or so).

I wish they could value their clients.
My Order ID is 684976

Response from Ashley B., StudyBay Representative
Hi Anna,

While I undestand your concern that your review has been removed, I can assure you that any reviews that are removed by our staff, are removed for a proper reason. We have an option that allows our experts to appeal against reviews they consider unjustified. After receiving an appeal, our staff examines the case, and may remove the review. Our policy with regards to removing the reviews is open to all our users - we do not hide this information from anyone - it's published in our help center: https://help.studybay.com/writers/dispute-resolution/how-to-petition-against-a-negative-review

I apologize for your negative experience with Studybay. Thank you for your valuable feedback - I really appreciate it.
academicw3
9/16/18

I have been ordering from them for a long time and most of the times got average grades till I met DrJacklynne who apparently no longer works there. Later, as fate had I saw her profile in Instagram and that's how I began getting A's. I recommend her actually very friendly and helpful.

manes
5/21/18

i did everything to get my $10 discount but they just dont want me to have that one by all the means they can.Wasted my 1 hour. Any way thanks for doing my several assignments

Response from Ashley B., StudyBay Representative
Hi!
We've reviewed your case and I can assure you we don't skimp with our discounts. Our agents have posted a detailed guide on how to get a $10 discount on Studybay. You may find the article explaining the conditions in detail here: https://help.studybay.com/customers/special-offers/how-to-get-a-10-discount-for-your-next-order
Make sure you fulfil all the terms for our special offer, and our agents will add the credit to your account in no time!
ruthk45
5/9/18

they do not check papers from writers. got a paper with high plagiarism and end up failing the class

Response from Ashley B., StudyBay Representative
Dear ruth k! We're deeply sorry you experienced some difficulties working on our website. Please send us your user name or email address and Assignment ID, and we'll try to assist you. You may also contact us at the following toll-free phone number - 1-855-407-77-28, or via support chat on the website. We'll do our best to help you! We wish you good luck and looking forward to our long-term relationship.
devinc35
4/3/18

After using this service twice, I can attest to how terrible it is. The writers this company uses are from developing nations, and have no grasp of the English language. Both papers I've purchases here required an uncountable number of edits and corrections.

Also, I found that the writer largely plagiarized most of what was written, and most of it was therefore unusable.

Make sure you hire a company that can confirm it hires American, or at least British, or Canadian writers. Writers at this company must be from Africa, or Russia. Again, very, very low quality.

Response from Ashley B., StudyBay Representative
Dear Devin C! We're deeply sorry you experienced some difficulties working on our website. Please send us your user name or email address and Assignment ID, and we'll try to assist you. You may also contact us at the following toll-free phone number - 1-855-407-77-28, or via support chat on the website. We'll do our best to help you! We wish you good luck and looking forward to our long-term relationship.
markm471
3/11/18

This is the worst site to work with. They just wait for you to build a profile and close your account. They rape, maim, kill. Slavery!!! Sh*tholes! I am so disappointed with them. I have worked with them for two years and they closed my account for no good reason. I even wrote them a letter only for them to reply my account can't be reinstated. Edusson is the Employer guys!

rukhsarg
12/12/17

i was promised and told that ill get the complete assignment. She did not cite my paper properly, and there were so many grammatical errors, I spent almost 8 hours trying to find the correct citations and fix errors. The assignment was not completed on time and i had to ask for an extension. i received C+ on my paper which was worth 30% of my mark.

Response from Ashley B., StudyBay Representative
Dear rukhsar g.! We're deeply sorry you experienced some difficulties working on our website. Please send us your user name or email address and Assignment ID, and we'll try to assist you. You may also contact us at the following toll-free phone number - 1-855-407-77-28, or via support chat on the website. We'll do our best to help you! We wish you good luck and looking forward to our long-term relationship.
shakex
10/24/17

This company is absolutely horrible! I believe the high star reviews are paid reviewers because there's no way this company has 4 stars. I paid for a paper and specifically asked for a native English speaker. Because the cost is so cheap...I already had some idea that most writers were foreigners. I still selected a writer with great reviews and I was EXTREMELY disappointed. The writer did not follow my instructions at all! Wrong topic, incoherent transitions and flow...just all around horrible. They only good thing is that they honored my refund.

Response from Ashley B., StudyBay Representative
Thank you for your feedback regarding our company and business as well.
We are sure that for someone your feedback will be useful.
Have a great day!
summerk7
10/11/17

The worse customer service ever you can get from this website. never refund your money even they are wrong totally, they charge you a high fee from you and the writer always rude when you call or chat with them. don't trust them

Response from Ashley B., StudyBay Representative
Dear summer! We're deeply sorry you experienced some difficulties working on our website. Please send us your user name or email address and Assignment ID, and we'll try to assist you. You may also contact us at the following toll-free phone number - 1-855-407-77-28, or via support chat on the website. We'll do our best to help you! We wish you good luck and looking forward to our long-term relationship.
minaj2
9/8/17

I needed a paper done and hired a writer on Studybay. The writer accepted and gave him all the information first to see if he can do it, so he accepted. Almost midnight, I received a email saying the writer declined to write my paper and it was due the next day. I mentioned to the writer that I had a deadline. He did not give me an explanation of why. I went back on Studybay at midnight and asked another writer if he could do it and he accepted. I asked him if he couldn't do it, please let me know ASAP. The next morning at 7:00am, I received a email from the writer saying he declined to write my paper. They do not care if you have a deadline, so unprofessional, liars and break promises that they could not keep. So these writers will screw you over. DON'T USE STUDYBAY!!!!

Response from Ashley B., StudyBay Representative
Dear Mina! We're deeply sorry you experienced some difficulties working on our website. Please send us your user name or email address and Assignment ID, and we'll try to assist you. You may also contact us at the following toll-free phone number + 1-855-407-77-28, or via support chat on the website. We'll do our best to help you! We wish you good luck and looking forward to our long-term relationship.
kimberlyr56
9/7/17

This is not a legitimate writing service. They use other people's names (like mine) in the backend of their site, trying to steer people away from honest businesses. This site plagiarizes, is not native English, and rips people off. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Response from Ashley B., StudyBay Representative
Dear Kimberly, We don't quite understand what do you mean. If you've faced issues while working on our website please contact our toll free number +1-855-407-7728 or contact our support team through chat, our specialists will help you !
jillr55
8/6/17

They stole content from my website, which showed up in a copyright-infringement alert. Do they steal all their content from other websites?

Response from Ashley B., StudyBay Representative
Good day! Before accusing the Platform in a theft, please provide the evidence. In order to negotiate a resolution, please contact our administration via support@studybay.com. Thank you!
susanw176
5/16/17

I initially signed up to write for students since I am an accomplished writer/author, but I realized writing FOR students does not do them any good, they need to do the research and do their own writing, with help, but NOT done for them. I believe it's called cheating. Having papers written for them won't help them on the job; if they can't write a decent paper for their school paper how in the world will they succeed in a job setting where writing is part of it, unless they choose a job that does not require writing! I feel sorry for students who want/need a writer to do their hard work for them. I am happy to help any student with their paper as a freelance writer but I won't do it for them. Teachers should give a failing grade on papers to students who have a writer do their papers. Of course, how are the teachers going to know! I wonder if parents know their student is doing this?

Response from Ashley B., StudyBay Representative
Hello, dear Susan! Thank you for the interesting and resourceful post. Although it might not be related to a quality of the services provided by Studybay, we are sure that it will be useful for many people.
sinio1
5/16/17

I was bogged down with too many assignments. I thought I'd lighten my load and hire someone to write a simple paper for me. First, all of the writers flood your inbox to solicit you like a lineup of prostitutes. They all claim to be very educated and skilled, but they're not. You choose one and then wait. The paper I received was beyond awful. I asked for a rewrite. The revision came back way past my deadline and it was even worse than the first. I requested a refund and was harassed for hours by the writer, who proceeded to accuse me of wanting something for nothing, and having no right to not like such a prize winning paper. The company refused to give me a refund. I ended up failing that assignment because my professor wouldn't accept late work. They are a terrible company, with horrible writers, and stupid policies. Don't waste your time and money. You will be harassed, frustrated, and robbed.

Response from Ashley B., StudyBay Representative
Dear Sini O,
Would you be so kind as to provide us more detail regarding the situation? Any writer attempting to abuse, threaten or blackmail another user is permanently banned from Studybay. If you have faced any difficulties while working with us, please send a detailed description of your experience with us to qa@studybay.com. Our specialists will try to help you.
cagew
4/18/17

So no responses and you guys really like to ignore emails and just walk away after getting the money? You guys are not responsible at all and have a very bad customer service, https://studybay.com/noplagiarism/ , check this website out, you guys are responsible for checking my paper not myself and don't try to blame me for taking all the responsibilities.

To be honest, Imagine that you received a plagiarized paper and get punished by dean office by spending a hundred bucks on a plagiarism paper, will you guys be mad?

Response from Ashley B., StudyBay Representative
Dear Cage W! We're deeply sorry you experienced some difficulties working on our website. Please send us your user name or email address and Assignment ID, and we'll try to assist you. You may also contact us at the following toll-free phone number - 1-855-407-77-28, or via support chat on the website. We'll do our best to help you! We wish you good luck and looking forward to our long-term relationship.
concernedt
4/14/17

Students - you should be ashamed of yourself for cheating on your papers. And, writers, you should be ashamed for helping students to cheat! This is ethically wrong. Please stop.

Response from Ashley B., StudyBay Representative
Dear Concerned T. Thank you for your feedback regarding our company and business as well.
We are sure that for someone your feedback will be useful.
Have a great day!
salj1
4/7/17

The result for my work was bad, the writer did not agreed with me,
and the customer service representative was so heartless and useless to settle the issue.

Response from Ashley B., StudyBay Representative
Dear Sal J! We're deeply sorry you experienced some difficulties working on our website. Please send us your user name or email address, and we'll try to assist you. You may also contact us at the following toll-free phone number - 1-855-407-77-28, or via support chat on the website. We'll do our best to help you! We wish you good luck and looking forward to our long-term relationship.
alstonl1
Ivy W.
4/4/17

They simply ignore emails and don not care about you after you pay them money , that plagarism guarantee is a lie that they also will not do answer phone calls and emails , the $#*!test experience that I have ever had in this industry.

nichola645
3/27/17

I have used studybay a few times because I have gotten two wonderful writers who had just started. However, since they have left I have tried three more and all three times were horrible. Plagiarized paper, terrible sentence structure, and poor grammar. I asked for help because writing is my weakness I can admit I am terrible but when paying for an "experienced" writer one would expect the best. I have had to ask for corrections so many times that I ended in asking for a refund, of course, I did not receive it back and writing the paper myself. Please save yourself the hassle and never use this site. These writers are from other countries who cannot write English the way it needs to be written. Lastly, Studybay does not help with issues the way they portray to.

Response from Ashley B., StudyBay Representative
Dear Nichol ! We're deeply sorry you experienced some difficulties working on our website. Please send us your user name or email address and Assignment ID, and we'll try to assist you. You may also contact us at the following toll-free phone number - 1-855-407-77-28, or via support chat on the website. We'll do our best to help you! We wish you good luck and looking forward to our long-term relationship.
cc221
2/23/17

I have used them 1 time and never again. Scott1 was my writer and the paper was so poorly written my instructor couldn't even finish it. Like other reviews have pointed out the writers use extra spaces and misspelled words to get around turn it in as flagging it as plagiarism. The paper was to be in APA format and it was not I had to reformat it. I also corrected many spelling errors and still didn't get them all as my instructor found more. When asking for a partial refund I was denied because I didn't send it back for revision. What a JOKE. StudyBay should be shut down. After reading the review about getting a refund from paypal-I now wish I would have used my paypal account and not my bank account. I will definitely be watching my bank account closely to assure no other funds are taken. I received a grade of 109/150. How is that quality work?

Tip for consumers: If you was a mediocre paper that is obviously not written by a writer with a good grasp of English language then this may be the site to use. However when you pay to have a quality paper written and you receive a grade of 109/150 then how is that quality.

Response from Ashley B., StudyBay Representative
Dear C C! We're deeply sorry you experienced some difficulties working on our website. Please send us your user name or email address, and we'll try to assist you. You may also contact us at the following toll-free phone number - 1-855-407-77-28, or via support chat on the website. We'll do our best to help you! We wish you good luck and looking forward to our long-term relationship.
jasont97
1/11/17

Quality of paper is not what you expect. Grammer, sentence structure, and even format are not followed. Most writers just bid on your assignment without even reading your instructions. Not matter how much detail you give them, it is not used. You are 100% better off writing your own paper. They will NOT, I repeat, NOT refund your money. They do not abide by their own posted rules. They are there to protect the writers horrible work. Stay away from Profliz1 especially if you are going to use this site. Many of the writers state they have masters degree in something related to english, but many cannot even spell correctly. Keep in mind this website originates in Russia, and there is very little legal action you can take besides going to your bank to dispute the charge.

If you do use this site, keep in mind they use filler words and spacing. It keeps it off the plagiarized sites like turn it in, but when you edit those mistakes, it will find them. Studybay will not refund a paper that was plagarized either.

Response from Ashley B., StudyBay Representative
Dear Jason T.! We're deeply sorry you experienced some difficulties working on our website. Please send us your user name or email address and Assignment ID, and we'll try to assist you. You may also contact us at the following toll-free phone number - 1-855-407-77-28, or via support chat on the website. We'll do our best to help you! We wish you good luck and looking forward to our long-term relationship.
sheriner
11/22/16

all writers are schemers and they say their going to give you a good paper but no, they deliver late and a VERY unprofessional paper. not only that, but they say they'll fix it but make the paper ever worse than it already was, wait till your warrenty is out then take your money and leave you with the worst paper ever. DO NOT, i REPEAT DO NOT. THIS SITE IS A SCAM FOR SURE

ninan12
11/21/16

I made the unfortunate decision to buy a paper from Studybay. I advise you all not to make the same mistake I did.

rajnic2
10/26/16

This wirter (ProfessorA) is not a professional writer as he claims. Writer took up the job to write my paper confidently claiming to deliver a high-quality paper, he/she instead prepared a plagiarised paper with wrong and misleading information. Reluctant to respond back with changes.This writer prepared a paper of failing standards, I had to prepare my assignment myself after the due-date. Beware, people there are many other trusted sites offering to write papers in cheaper price, studybay is not cheap, they will charge you $20 as processing fee at checkout, another $7-8 surcharge on chosen payment option.

Everyone that chooses to use this site needs to remember that using a paper written by someone else, or even using a paper written yourself for another class, is academic dishonesty and fraud. If you purchase a paper to fulfill a course requirement, you have violated your academic institutions honor code/plagiarism policies and, if discovered, you will (at the very least) receive a failing grade.

By Christina B.

try my writer for public health and thank me later.. here is the link https://studybay.com/authors/nursepen/

By mary h.

Studybay is freelance marketplace. You work with Writers without any intermediates, that's why we can offer you the best price! Welcome ;)

By Ashley B., StudyBay Representative

As we have writers from different countries and with different background, getting a UK essay should not be a problem :)

By Ashley B., StudyBay Representative

You will get your money back as a credit if your assignment is not completed on time or the writer did not follow your instructions. They can edit you paper for you too.

By Mindy T.

Hello, I can help you with the work. Contact via priscawam@gmail.com.

By Wambui W.

No , they simply do not check for plagarism and I have purchased an essay for them that contains plagarism which I get a zero on the course and they did not issue me a refund

By Ivy W.

No they will not issue you a refund

By Ivy W.

Look for the response the writer gives when bidding for your work. If it's a generic response with a too good to be true price, it probably is too good to be true.

By Click B.

Be more careful!?

By Click B.
Questions? Get answers from the StudyBay staff and other customers.

20 Photos for StudyBay