Review of Spokeo

support@spokeo.com

7 reviews with 5 stars

tanis53
7/3/16

My experience of contacting Spokeo CS for a refund due to a misconception was notably the best CS experience I've ever had. A representative was available almost immediately and did not hesitate to resolve my issue- NO HASSLE AT ALL! Because the service initially purchased provided everything needed, I will return to Spokeo for any future needs, and I would definitely recommend Spokeo to any and all.

lindal143
11/20/15

I had previously written a review entitled Beware of Spokeo.
Spokeo responded to my complaint and has refunded the 3 month subscription that I had no idea I had signed up for.
I now give them a good review as they took my issues seriously and redpned in a positive manner to keep a customer happy.

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear Linda,
I appreciate your concern, and wish to assist in resolving this issue. Please allow me to explain the charges associated with the specific subscription you selected. When you signed up you selected our Single Search with Premium Trial plan, which provided you with an initial $0.95 Single Record as well as additional free Premium access for 7 days. Unfortunately, because the trial was not cancelled within 7 days, a recurring subscription fee of $19.95 began to charge. I would be happy to issue full refunds for these charges, please contact a member of our Customer Care Team by calling 888-906-0850 at your earliest convenience. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Spokeo
dustinc18
10/17/15

where are you located?
marshallacldwell390@gmail.com

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear Dustin,
We appreciate your concern and want to ensure you are helped. Are you searching for this person? Our search is very easy! Simply type a name, phone number, address or email address into the search bar and Spokeo will pull up the results. You can then narrow the search results by location. Please let us know how it goes! If you would like assistance, please contact a member of our Customer Care team by calling 888-906-0850.
Sincerely,
Spokeo
johnp173
6/28/14

I used spokeo to find 1 number for $.95; I had the option for $19.95, but only needed to use the service 1 time. I was accidentally charged $19.95 and they credited my $19.95 back to my bank account within 2 business days after speaking for professionally to them on the phone. A courteous and humble spirit works well when speaking with folks about a refund.

aaronh37
6/20/14

I was very wary after looking at these reviews, but I needed the number. I paid the ONE TIME fee and did not go looking for the discount by signing up for a month and trying to cancel later. Which seemed clear in the instructions as the safe way to go. They said I could have the number for $1.95 and sure enough I got the number for $1.95 just like that.

shattal1
3/11/14

good sex

humpss
3/23/13

Spokeo can't keep track of bums people... that's why alot of the stuff you may have searched for appears bogus. /sigh... I mean put it this way, lets say you were married 5 years ago, and you had EVERYTHING "technology" (internet/computers/phones/online-accounts/etc). And NOW, lets pretend you are divorced... and you do not have any of those things... so your social media/online status is at a standstill, until you appear again to change that... Spokeo.com does not stalk you and 100million other people down personally to update your information... Spokeo.com is like a google.com (Data-Inter-web-Collection) but ment for people searches only, so anything it collects is based off what YOU do over the INTERWEBS HELLOOOOOO. -_- I REST MY CASE. but as far as my view of spokeo.com, it stays very consistent, my locations have not yet been in-accurate. Everyone and everything i have searched for without even PAYING for spokeo has been true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. I even used spokeo so I could catch my spouse cheating and to confront his infidelity and it worked just fine, i got the truth. it's really just all about how much the person your searching for is really 'out there' socially.

Watch for the $20 charge at the end of the month. They say a person is out, then the charge comes a month later. Had to cancel my card and get new # to keep them out of my wallet.

By Rich C.

inform your visa provider,they should stop the payments and get you a refund from when you cancelled the account.It worked for me as visa said they had numerous complaints about Spokeo.Hope you sort it out!

By frank b.

By Rich C.

Call them and cancel asap

By Erica k.

By Rich C.

I cancelled Spokeo service due to selling me misinformation or inaccurate information. I got this in writing from David at Spokeo. They are good about sending a letter about we are sorry about not meeting your expectations. Our terms of use states we can do this blah blah blah. After I cancelled this subscription and got this in writing from David, I got a new debit card from my bank. Spokeo found the NEW CARD and charged it. I took the problem to my bank and got a credit. Be very careful of these people, watch your bank statements.

By John H.

When you sign up for the special you are also signing up for a biz site. If you cancel Spokeo you must cancel both.

By Jim R.

Elias, query "spokeo lawsuits" on google. There have been numerous cases on this group. Spokeo..........if you are reading these complaints, I am wondering how you manage to get around the charge backs and still have a credit card company that works with you.

By John H.

Hello Darlene, I understand your concern and wish to assist in resolving this matter. Please allow me to explain about Spokeo. We are a search engine that specializes in finding people. Many of our customers have had the opportunity to reunite with lost family, friends, and loved ones, and that is something we are proud to be a part of. Our information comes from various sources located within the Public Domain such as public record data, surveys, and social data (that has not been deemed private). Spokeo makes this information more easily accessible for people to research themselves or others, and sometimes that information is not always up to date. I sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding, and any inconvenience this experience has caused. Please feel free to contact me by phone at 888-906-0850, or via email at CustomerCare@spokeo.com should you have any further questions or concerns regarding this issue. All the best, Spokeo Customer Care

By Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative

Dear Frederick, Thank you for reaching out to us. For questions regarding your Spokeo Subscription, please contact a member of our Customer Care team by calling 888-906-0850 at your earliest convenience. We are available 24/7 and happy to help with any questions or concerns you might have. Sincerely, Spokeo Customer Care

By Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Spokeo staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Spokeo