Review of Spilsbury

service@spilsbury.com

11 reviews with 1 star

brendat114
12/21/18

On November 24 I ordered several items for Christmas stocking stuffers. I received an order that listed 5 items but there were only two items in the package. I called on Dec 10 and was told they would send replacements. Tonight I received notice they had just been sent 11 days later and I could expect them on January 3 well past Christmas. This is a very unprofessional way to handle business and I will never order from them again. What a waste of $25!!!

leannes46
11/23/18

I paid $7.99 extra for "express shipping". My order is scheduled to ship (not delivered) for 5 business days after I placed the order. Ridiculous. I don't know when I will actually receive the package. Be careful about spending extra money for so called express shipping.

carolh180
12/6/17

This is the worse company I have ever dealt with. They are a ripoff! DO NOT order from them! Never received my order. After 4 weeks of waiting, I was told today that my order WAS LOST IN THE MAIL!!! Really???

loenc
12/3/17

So this was my first order to get gifts for recipients BEFORE Thanksgiving as well as ON Thanksgiving day. Ordered 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. Checked mail every day, no delivery. I emailed multiple times. No answer until I "yelled" at them scolding for not getting back. Finally, they responded saying that it would be shipped as soon as possible. Hadn't even been shipped. Waited, waited, 5 days passed, emailed them again. I complained, and they had NOT sent yet! I expressed my disgust with hem which I do not often do. And they apologized promising to RUSH/SPEED MAIL it to me to receive ASAP. That was well over a week ago. I thought it would come the day after they promised me rush mail.

I emailed again, disgusted. They said (different staff member) saying that I would receive it in 5-7 days from their email that day!!!! Do NOT buy from them. I was relieved to see that I was not the only one scammed by and lied at from them endlessly.

marthac64
3/7/17

I ordered four puzzles online from Spilsbury on Feb. 8. After two phone calls and their explanation that they had changed warehouses and were having problems, I learned that they had started "reprocessing" my order. After two weeks I finally got the order on March 4. I will NEVER order from this online vendor again. All they offer is excuses--no customer service whatsoever.

marshar10
1/3/17

I ordered an item from an eBay seller, oscon.us.azl8pxqh, on 11/29. The listing indicated it would be delivered between 12/14 and 12/28. A few days before Christmas, it still had not arrived and I was told by the seller that it had shipped and would be there by 12/28. It never came. On 12/28, I requested a refund. The seller provided tracking info to eBay showing it had been delivered. I called to appeal and eBay refunded my money, NOT the seller. On January 3, I received a postcard from Spilsbury saying the item was out of stock, not available and "you have not been charged." What a joke. Buyer beware, this company seems to be participating in fraudulent selling on eBay, not to mention hacking into UPS for a phony tracking number.

kristit7
12/31/16

All puzzles ordered have pieces that were damaged in some sort of way, NOT worth what I paid. I think I could have found better puzzles in a dollar store!

julesp16
12/7/16

Ordered 11/1/16. As of this date (12/7/16) have not received. Emailed 5 or 6 times with NO response. Called and was told it would be here by Christmas. I check my order status daily, and every day the delivery date has been moved ahead by one day. They didn't have any problem taking my money though!

jimd122
12/7/16

I ORDERED PRODUCTS VIA THE INTERNET LAST MONTH AND STILL NO PACKAGES. WHEN I CALLED CONCERNING MY ORDER I WAS TOLD THAT IT WOULD ARRIVE BEFORE CHRISTMAS. I ASKED "WHAT YEAR?" AND WAS DISCONNECTED. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

sherylc22
12/5/16

I ordered almost $150 worth of puzzles on 11/3/16. I have yet to receive these puzzles even though my check was cashed on 11/10/16. Followup by me shows that the tracking number given by Spilsbury for the FedEx delivery was unknown to FedEx. I have written 2 complaints to this company via E-mail asking either for a refund of my money or immediate shipment of the puzzles. As of yet, NOTHING. I strongly suggest that no one do business with this company. A GREAT BIG HEADACHE

anneb81
11/23/16

I placed an order several weeks ago and still have not received it. When I called, they said I could expect to receive it maybe by early-mid December. No apologies or compensation were offered to offset this inconvenience. I ordered the present for my mother's birthday and that has already past. A this rate, I'll be lucky to get it by Christmas.

I think I will stick to bits and pieces after seeing the reviews. I am going to throw their catalog in the trash.

By Pamela C.
Questions? Get answers from the Spilsbury staff and other customers.

Spilsbury?