Review of Solopress

info@solopress.com

32 reviews with 1 star

businesso8
1/18/19

Ordered some business cards and had some issues with my order, and the customer support team are shockingly bad, lazy, one word answers, no effort to try help.. poor! solopress would do better off without a support team, i think they needed to pay more attention at school i think...
The product and the price A+ the guys in graphics and printing obviously know what they're doing... compared to the dumbassess in support. shocker

miker576
1/11/19

Absolute cowboys. This shower (I nearly put company then but that would be an insult to descent business owners around the country) has cost us time and money. Starting with the so called salesperson *, he has done nothing but blatantly lie to us all along despite numerous phone calls he has completely wasted our time. We decided to call the customer service team (very much a play on words) which consisted of a guy called * he epitomises this outfit, he was rude and obnoxious, his opening gambit when I told him I had a complaint "go for it mate" it went further downhill after that, once asked what the name of the CEO was he replied "I dont know you can find out on google". Another call to the sales team to ask to speak to the sales manager resulted in no call back. Left messages for * and * still nothing. We have now gone to a descent professional print company as this lot are clearly not. If I ran this business I would be absolutely ashamed of myself but I guess this will be another bad review amongst many. Do yourself a favour and steer well clear they don't deliver.

*Personal information redacted by admin

lorrainel55
11/29/18

Very disappointed to receive an email last night stating that despite having been promised and paid for delivery today my order has not been dispatched and will not be delivered on time.

johnc1880
11/28/18

Do not use this company
we placed two orders.. and they could not deliver on either!!
Even after we told them before printing about amendments they still got it wrong..
Go to a local printer!!!

THEY ARE CHEAP FOR A REASON!!
THEY UNDER DELIVER!!!

samv46
11/5/18

Worst customer service , Placed order for printing business cards Job no 1925791 on Monday for a delivery on Wednesday , Wednesday evening I was emailed delivery on Thursday. Thursday I phoned them thrice no reply , Finally on Friday I spoke to someone who promised me for a delivery on following Monday , Are we fools to pay for 24 hrs service and wait for 1 week . I cancelled the order.
I have used solopress on many occasion but last few years they are bad to worst . Avoid its a trap

austinp31
10/12/18

Solopress is no longer what they used to be. Now they will simply not print your job on the agreed date and send you a lie that it has been dispatched and in later send another saying it will be dlspatched 3 days later. WATCH OUT. When you call them, you will realise they don't really care. I sent a job 3days before delivery, despite promising to deliver on the 3rd day, found out on the delivery date that they did not even bother to print it. I WILL NEVER EVER USE THEM AGAIN. I lost a client because of them. You have been warned, don't use them.

josen61
10/11/18

Awful service, this will be the last time!! twice failed to deliver my business card on the agreed date and time. I wasn't notified of any changes and what they do is resend your order summary with a different date (watch out for this - call and complain) - no reasons why they couldn't, no apologies, no incentives i.e. 10% discount as a gesture of goodwill. As a result i'm flying off tomorrow without my business cards and felt I need to make people aware.

After my first call, they explain my order needed to be reprinted, which is fair enough you have a quality control in place, but why would it be delayed by an entire day? its only 250 business cards!! Nonetheless, i was promised a 'pre 10:30am' slot for next day delivery and again they failed to deliver on that - this time it was there machines which were down. Again, it took for me to call and find out the problem. At this point they should be grovelling, giving me discounts or some credit to show incentive. ASK FOR A REFUND!!

If it takes day four days to deliver a meager 250 business cards, then I will not be ordering from you again!

mrm166
9/28/18

No, follow up on my quote, eating while on a call to me. A staff member called Clyde, avoid this company their really not interested in customer satisfaction.

lorrainep46
9/12/18

Initially I was very happy. I ordered enough leaflets to last me a year. However after 6 months the prints had developed a purple/pink hue and now approximately half my order is unusable. Solopress will not do anything about it since 'I should have raised with problem within 5 working days'. They don't seem to grasp the idea that the problem developed AFTER the five working days.

emmas153
7/2/18

Bought some business cards from them, they arrived damaged from printing which they admitted to and refused to fix. When speaking to the adviser he rudely kept telling me to wait when I was typing. I will never buy anything from this company again. I paid £43 for 50 business cards which were unusable!

mikec614
6/5/18

Where do I start? Awful experience and we have lost a customer because they messed up the order. Quality of print was good but back pages came loose when opening. They also only sent a third of the order. No understanding and reassurance and refused a refund as the remainng order had gone to print. Frustrated was not the word and at no time despite numerous emails which were ignored, phone calls where I was fobbed off and when asking for email confirmation to confirm the delivery date promised - nothng came through. I exlained that because they had delayed the order and the binding quality was rejected by my customer that a cancellation occured. Nothng. Absolutely no customer service at all and we are nearly £500 out of pocket with a potential delivery apparantly with no email confirmation for friday. First and last time we have used them. Avoid,like the plague! They have taken our money and could not give a $#*! about anything past that. Unbelievably bad.

claireh103
5/21/18

I wish I'd read these reviews before I wasted my time and money. Unhelpful, unprofessional and now telling me that I have to wait 5 days for a refund from an order that they haven't processed as they have neither the knowledge nor inclination to help me.

ricardog35
4/23/18

They just don't care.
Their prices are really good, their print is good enough, but their customer service is absolutely outrageous! Plus, they use DPD for delivery and DPD is incredibly inefficient.
I've placed an order with Solopress and the DPD driver didn't deliver my order saying that the lift in the building was broken, however there are 4 lifts in the building. Anyway, I spoke to Solopress and they did absolutely nothing to help. I really needed that order that day, so I needed to go all the way to DPD's depot spending a good amount of money in cabs to solve their mistake.
I've been trying to explain to Solopress' customer service team the mistake they made, but doesn't matter what I say, they make no effort at all to understand the problem. Every email they send back to me is with some patronising fact trying to prove that I'm wrong and I need to go back to them trying to prove the obvious to someone that doesn't what to help or care. Seems that they don't even understand their own system. And they don't even apologise when, time after time, I show them how wrong they are...
Anyway, just avoid Solopress if you need good work delivered in time.

jamesm1124
4/18/18

Absolutely appalling experience. Ordered 2 print jobs with so called 24 hour service. One arrived 3 days later printed at completely the wrong scale, despite Solopress's own template being used. The other arrived 6 days later - too late for the event it was ordered for. Customer service following this was basically non existent. I eventually got a refund for one job but in the end they stopped responding to me altogether about the other one. DO NOT USE - they are cheap, but there is a reason for this!

michaela439
3/20/18

This is simply not good enough, folks. You should not advertise yourselves as a 24-hour service if you cannot deliver even a very small and simple order in that timeframe. Will not do business with you again.

joeh177
3/19/18

Sadly Solopress badly let me down. I placed an order on Friday and realised straight after placing it that there were problems with it. No button to cancel the order; nobody available to help on phone or chat. I sent an email but nobody manning emails or phone over weekend. Somehow, however, my order printed and on Monday morning it was too late to cancel. If printing can happen over the weekend, then why not customer service too (even if more limited), in case of emergencies like this? Or at least a cancel button. I asked how to make a formal complaint and nobody had the courtesy to respond to my email. Deeply disappointing :(

dougm95
12/8/17

I had been using Solopress for around three years and was really impressed with their service and quality of products. Unfortunately, the quality of their products has declined over the last six months. I recently purchased six roller banners from them and they all have faulty mechanisms. The posters I have ordered have all varied in quality and delivery has sometimes been delayed due to unexplained reasons.

I am now taking my business to a local company that can provide consistent quality. Something has happened at Solopress.

jv49
12/4/17

I had the same experience as a number of customers who have written in this forum. I used them on a number of occasions and found the work a little sloppy however not bad considering for the price and speedy delivery. However customer service are their weak link. I remember seeing on their website that they say they re-print / refund work if customers are unhappy. I found that to be 100% false, not only that but it was so frustrating dealing with their customer service, that I would advise anyone against even trying.

jackj110
10/18/17

Used Solopress for years with excellent print and service, but this year they have gone downhill. If the job is printed well, it's good quality, but if it;s not they seem incapable of getting it right.
Customer service is a joke, noone communicates, there's no complaints manager, you have to repeat yourself, even after complaining you only get, sorry about that. we've lost long term clients work because of this.
They are trying to do too much, too cheap and it's now bringing the company down. Mistakes are made and noone cares, noone ever answers to it.

joef111
9/19/17

Awful service. Very peculiar negative attitude when dealing with customers, even loyal ones, when things go wrong. Initially they present themselves as open and friendly, always willing to help you out with queries - but once they have your money it's a different story, even if they are the ones at fault.
Terribly disappointing as I was a long standing customer. Loyalty, in this case, doesn't go both ways. Do not trust them. Save yourself time and money and take your business elsewhere.

teresac82
9/4/17

Ordered banner flyers n cards and needed for event Sunday. Promised by Jake order would b delivered 7.30-10.30 sat morning...it didn't turn up! No one there at weekends!...live chat not there weekends either!....devastated and angry! Got refund at customer services Monday but Jake too cowardly to take my call! Man up....you make mistakes you got to deal with them and at least have guts to say sorry!
Don't use this company....let you down and unprofessional!

tylerp32
9/1/17

They do not care one bit you have a different person to deal with everytime u order comunication is a joke so is customer service they are too big to care they are the cheapest in the market for a reason and thats because the firm is being run by kids who cant wait to just go home

lizzieb6
4/27/17

We use Solopress for business cards and they have been fine before but our last order with them was just terrible.
We ordered new cards and when they arrived they were not centred, still had the cut marks on them and look terrible.
I rang customers service about 5 times and they kept hanging up on me so I emailed my complaint and surprise, surprise they suddenly had time for us. I explained over the phone the issue again and they said that they were sorry and that they would issue a reprint. I then asked for a refund and they said that we would get our money back because what we had received was totally wrong and it was a gesture of goodwill. Cards arrived and everything was fine....until I received the credit card statement which, showed that they had charged us full price. Rang up and was told that they only do one or the other even if they are the ones that make the mistake. Can't get the money back. They may look good on the surface and I think that generally, they do a fine job but when things go wrong, they really show their true colours. Absolutely rubbish on customer service. Won't be giving them any more business.

peterg157
4/22/17

Just had to have our job refunded. Three weeks and still nothing from them despite repeated chasing of them. They have quite severe isues with communication and customer service clearly isn't high on their agenda. I would honestly avoid using them. A worse experience I have never had with an online printing company.

lettim1
4/13/16

got my money, left my buisness in limbo. if its last minute 24hr delivery go elsewere. they will take ye money before telling you they cant do 24hr delivery. i waited in for an email day1 on day 2 waited in for delivery. day 3 no cards and an APOLOGY. our biggest event over and it cost my buisness customers. SOLOPRESS you will not get away with this. the whole order was intentional. if i had a refund it would be an insult. as that would show it wasnt about the money, it was about taking my buisness out the competition. i came to solopress needing 24hr delivery they took there money and give me 72hr delivery with an apology.

Response from Help H., Solopress Representative
Good morning,

We are very sorry you feel this, we have tried to contact you unmanly occasions but have not been able to reach you. Please contact us back on 01702 460047 so we can resolve this for you.

Kind regards,

Vicky Stevenson
Customer Service
Solopress

Questions? Get answers from the Solopress staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Solopress