Snakes at Sunset reviews

albinoturtles@comcast.net

15 reviews with 5 stars

sarahw384
12/19/18

I'm SHOCKED at the bad reviews. I had an absolutely amazing experience with this company. I ordered my baby ball python on Monday at 1:30pm and he was delivered on Tuesday at 9:30am. Packaging was superb, he was still warm and safe when he arrived (They used a heating pad/cryopak combo). Right after purchasing I recieved an email to confirm him being sent to a FedEx ship center due to weather (which was only 8mins from my house so nice and close) and they replied to my emails almost immediately. They are VERY clear about their shipping methods & schedule on their website. My little guy is absolutely gorgeous, healthy & has an amazing temperament. I couldn't be happier with my snake and the company as a whole. I would definitely recommend and will be purchasing again in the future.

brendenm5
12/1/18

I have had multiple good experiences when dealing with Quin. His customer service is great. He answers all of my questions and is very communicative regarding orders and shipping. Also my animals have always been professionally packaged and safely delivered by him.

aliviac
10/2/18

I ordered a Butter morph Corn snake from them on Sunday, September 30th. Since they do not ship on weekends, it was shipped the next day on Monday. I received the snake very early today, and the package was professionally done. The snake was healthy and responsive. Personality was amazing. On top of all of this, the snake was extremely affordable. It came to under $100, overnight shipping and snake. Would extremely recommend. Wish I could add a photo of her but it won't let me on mobile. If you want to see pictures, email me @ kevinandmutts@gmail.com. I'd rate a 5/5.

amberh138
8/21/18

I placed an order Friday evening, gave them a call Monday morning to check the status of the order and by Monday evening it was shipped out and I received it Tuesday morning. It was more beautiful than the picture on the site. I love him.

terryo43
6/8/18

Fast,friendly no problems! I received a happy healthy animal with in 48 hours of deciding a needed a 6th snake sense my normal pet store has a hard time getting even a common one. Will defiantly use them again and will be telling every one in my snake circle about my experience. Great job Snakes @ Sunset!

christopherc123
10/25/17

I've purchased a couple of ball pythons from them now and every time I'm more and more impressed!! Unmatched prices and my snakes arrive on time and healthy! No issues once so ever

antoniaa5
10/11/17

My snake came on time and super healthy.. I never had to call them everything was done in a timely and orderly fashion. My only complaint is that they didn't give me the day/month he was born, his sex, or the last time he ate but I immediately took him to the vet and they gave me an approximation.

danielh175
6/20/17

I emailed them on a Wednesday to make sure they had baby albino pythons available and told them I planned on ordering on Friday morning, they informed me if I did order on Friday it would ship Monday and be to me on Tuesday and that's exactly what happened. My snake arrived very active and healthy.

sarag81
6/9/17

I understand the complaints about the customer service, Mike B is pretty blunt. He answered most of my questioned, but it seemed like he was in a hurry. I didn't want to talk to him anymore, so I texted the number they have on their websit, and whoever that was, was much nicer. Anyways, I ordered a northern blue tongued skink Tuesday night, it was shipped Wednesday, and got here Thursday morning. They sent me tracking information, so I had no problem with shipping. Was just as they said it would be. My skink is pretty happy and healthy. I'm really glad I ordered them. After reading these reviews, I was worried, but I had no reason to be. Everything turned out great! They seem like a company who has their business together. For anyone thinking about buying, just text the number and communicate that way if you want someone friendly. I do recommend them though, and would purchase again.

joshuat40
5/27/17

I had heard and read a lot of negative reviews at the same time positive reviews so I had mixed emotions and after some research thought hey let's try it. I wanted a bald/near bald hypo tangerine gecko so I emailed snakes at sunset and received a number to text to see what hypos they had in stock. Well sure enough they had what I was looking for.Ariel was the employee I was told to contact and she answered all my questions and sexed then reserved the hypo for me. though a response or two was slow for the vast majority she was fast and updated me quickly on my order. Was very pleased with my hypo tangerine. She was the one I was promised and she is very healthy and is tame! My new hot spot for online reptile orders that is for sure!

craigo16
4/11/17

I saw many negative reviews on here; however, I had a great experience with Snakes at Sunset. I am a well experienced dart frog breeder and therefore, had many questions for the Snakes at Sunset team. They took their time to answer each one of my questions, they sent me photos of each animal, and sent the animals in a timely manner. After just receiving the frogs a few hours ago, I can see they are in great health and I would absolutely purchase from them again.

austina18
4/8/17

I randomly decided to order a few new lizards for my newest terrarium. I did absolutely no research regarding this website reliability, and I'm glad that I didn't because I probably wouldn't of purchased from them due to all these bad reviews. My order was placed on Thursday at 2:30 AM, my lizards arrived Friday morning at 9:45. I opened up my package, and had 3 wonderful new lizards, very active, and they all look quite healthy to me. Maybe I just got 'lucky', but all I can say is don't let a few bad reviews ruin your chances at getting your new little reptile friend!

P.S. This is my first review I've ever posted, and I'm only posting it because of all these terrible reviews that are pointed towards this company. They seem to have their stuff together to me.

angied24
3/1/17

I ordered a ball python on Sunday Monday it was shipped Tuesday morning he was at my door. He's beautiful love him already. They were very nice to deal with. Sent me pictures to choose which one I wanted. Will definitely buy from them again.

merrilynd
2/2/17

I was skeptical after reading the previous reviews, however, I went with my gut. While the response from MikeB was curt, it's the animal that counts for me, not the level of customer service.
My King snake arrived plump, no mites, no scale issues, warm from his heater and ready to explore his new 20 gallon condo. The true test will be in a few days when it comes feeding day, however, honestly I'm not real concerned, this is one chunky monkey. If appearance is any indication, this little guy has never missed a meal.
Very satisfied customer and I would not hesitate to buy from Snakes at Sunset again.

benl75
2/1/17

I ordered a emerald tree boa from snakes at sunset, I was hesitant after reading the reviews, but I gave them a call and talked to aerial. He was awesome! He's sent me pictures of all the babies and helped me pick one out. I paid for him online and got him the next day. Their prices were cheaper than others and their service is great! I highly recommend them.

I recently bought a beautiful male baby ball python and couldn't be happier. They shipped him immediately (he was at my house in less than24 hours and was warm & healthy. )All their shipping info is on their website and they answered all of my questions.

By Sarah W.

Helpful answer -1

Well, you can read the bad reviews for yourself to find out. Most of them are the poor customer service and, yes, it is bad. My sister ordered a red tail boa from here about a year ago and it was like pulling teeth to get his birth date, last shed, what he's currently eating, etc. from them. I just ordered two ball pythons two days ago and still have not received shipping confirmation, tracking number, or follow up, etc. I do not, however, have any experience with animals from them being sick - as many of the reviews claim.

By Rowan B.
Questions? Get answers from the Snakes at Sunset staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Snakes at Sunset